Timacuan Golf Club

Gift this Course
  • 550 Timacuan Blvd, Lake Mary, FL 32746, County Seminole
  • www.golftimacuan.com

Year built: 1987
Architect(s): Ron Garl (1987), Bobby Weed (1996)
Type: Public
Style: Links
Greens: Bermuda Grass
Fairways: Bermuda Grass

Golf school / academy: Yes - "EagleDream Golf Academy"

Metal spikes allowed: Soft spikes only
Dress code: Proper golf attire required.

Black (W) 72 5566 yards 72.6 128
Green (W) 72 5343 yards 71.1 125

Average Rating 4.0 stars from 5

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city in the 'burbs   Great for locals advanced golfers a weekend splurge   Challenges include water hazards bunkers undulating greens   Great for drinks brunch 19th hole specials

"Good condition but golf lesson in front of us"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Two of us played on a Tuesday about 11:30. A threesome (men) teed off in front of us. I noticed there were only two bags for three players. One looked like he was taking notes for the other two. They were playing extremely slow. At the second tee they again were playing very slow so I decided to just go to the third hole. As I passed them I asked the one taking notes if he was giving a golf lesson. He got testy and said " they were playing a practice round". That fine but, LET PEOPLE PLAY THROUGH! so the pace of play is kept.

Response from Timacuan Golf Club on 06/15/2017:

We are sorry to learn you had a slow pace of play in the beginning because of the group ahead of you. If this happens again, we encourage you to bring this to the pro shop employees' attention. We understand pace of play is key to your game.

"Timucuan"

lthames's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/12/2017

If you played this course during the drought, you need to give it another try. The smooth greens roll true, dry spots on the fairways are a thing of the past and I couldn't find anything to complain about for the hot deal price we paid. The bunkers could use more real sand rather than the gravelly stuff they appear to prefer. While there are some interesting and challenging holes, the overall layout is lacking imagination, which keeps this course from achieving greater status as one of one of the area's better tracks. Several holes lack definition, such as 1 and 18, lending an amateurish look to the place. Still, I would come back for a similar hot deal.

Response from Timacuan Golf Club on 06/15/2017:

We are glad you enjoyed your round and that you found value in the course! We agree--the course looks much better now after the rain. We look forward to your next round!

"Crispy"

Mjr8101's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/31/2017

Played here about 10 years ago. It was great. Today though, wow. I know we are in a drought, but this course is burnt to a crisp. I played today because I had heard they invested a lot of $ into the course last year. Could only stand to play 6 holes.

The staff, now they were great. Every person I encountered was friendly and smiling. Hope things turn around for you soon.

Response from Timacuan Golf & Country Club on 06/02/2017:

Please understand our course staff has been trying to do their best considering the drought. Other courses in the area are undergoing the same situation. With the rain finally pouring, we hope you give us another shot this summer. Expect great summer savings!

"Great potential, but no effort"

ericcarpent's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/28/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

The reviews pretty much have it right – extremely dry course and not very well maintained. The greens had recently been punched, which I knew in advance (and they provide a coupon for a discounted future round), but that doesn’t excuse the unraked bunkers, really bad tee boxes, horrible fairways and ridiculously weedy rough. It was clear that it hadn’t been mowed in a while. Contrary to other reviews, there was water out – but no beverage cart. The clubhouse is beautiful, and the service was fine.

There was no beverage cart probably because nobody was playing – at 8:00 in the morning. I teed off as a single at my designated time, there was no marshal so I went on my own initiative. I didn’t see another player until I hit the 14th hole, at which point the very nice gentlemen in front of me offered to let me play though, but said it was stacked in front of them. I thanked them, and bailed because conditions were just that bad. I had chatted with a few residents out walking and each of them told a similar story of the downward trend of the course since a somewhat recent sale (?). I was also told the focus is on the new Foley Golf Academy, and they’ve let the course go. I’ll give it another go later in the year when conditions improve, and report back.

Response from Timacuan Golf & Country Club on 06/02/2017:

Please understand that the drought has very much affected course conditions for us as well as for other courses in Florida. We did aerify and that should help conditions tremendously. Now that we have seen more rain recently, we hope you give us another shot.

"Very dry and poor conditions"

brogolfer's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/27/2017

The course was very dry. There has been a lack of rain in Central Florida over the past six months. I was told that the month of April recorded it less than 1 inch of rain. Also, staff in the grill were not very pleasant the weather was extremely high and they seemed reluctant to fill my cup with ice.

Response from Timacuan Golf & Country Club on 06/02/2017:

Yes Central Florida was in a state of drought, but now that we have seen more rain int he past week we hope you give us another shot. Please understand our course staff has been doing their best during the drought. As for customer service, what you described is not in line with the standard we hold to our employees and we apologize for any assistance that was less than excellent.

Plays:  Once every three months

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/21/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Response from Timacuan Golf & Country Club on 05/23/2017:

Thanks for the 4 stars! Come play again soon!

"WOW! Where Has Timacuan Gone?"

jpbtcf's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/06/2017

We were SO disappointed in our round at Timacuan yesterday. We got a Hot Deal with Golf Now which we felt was a fair price, but when we added a third, they charged us $58. Unfortunately, Timacuan is no longer a course that can substantiate that rate.

We realize water is an issue in FL, but these were not water-related issues, they were all issues that are in control of management. No water in the jugs, empty ball-washers, the bathrooms are in hideous conditions, the bridges are falling apart, no one rakes the broken tees (#5 tee box is the worst and is littered with them) and there are just too many places where the fairways haven't been repaired by simple work ethic. When Tony ran Timacuan, these types of issues would have never been present.

We used to love Timacuan and hope they bring it back, right now it bordering on a muni.

Response from Timacuan Golf & Country Club on 05/23/2017:

We are sorry to learn you did not enjoy your round at Timacuan this time around, though we appreciate your feedback. We aerified the course last week, which will help tremendously with the course conditions. We hope you give us another shot soon.

"Timacuan???"

scamner's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/30/2017
Previously played Used cart

Where did they move Timacuan to? I played yesterday at a place in the same location, same layout and even the same name, but that was NOT the Timacuan I used to play before I moved two years ago. I am being facetious of course, but what the heck happened? This used to be a course to get excited to go play and now it's a mess. On a weekend morning, no starter, no ranger, no cart running and the conditions are terrible. There were two tee boxes where the grass actually touched the bottom of a tee'd up ball for my driver! The bunkers were like hitting of a sandy cart path, the fairways full of dead areas and weeds, greens with rolled down weeds growing through. Really a HUGE disappointment for a course that was always in great shape.

Response from Timacuan Golf & Country Club on 05/23/2017:

We apologize that your recent experience at the golf course was not up to par. Unfortunately, with the lack of rain we have been going through some tough conditions. We started the aerification on Monday, May 15 & Tuesday, May 16, which will help tremendously with course conditions. We hope you give us another shot soon.

"The good, the bad, and the ugly"

Sebagoduck's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2017

The good: greens are great And the fairways were average. The bad: tee boxes either had long grass or no grass. Women's tees were neglected. The service was poor. I'll explain. We had a threesome in front of us, on each tee they waited for the threesome in front of them to reach the green before teeing off. This included par 4s and par 5s. I called the pro shop at 12:16 on the fifth hole and spoke of the problem with Stephen. Stephen said he had no ranger on the course but would get someone out there. At 2:16 a twosome of members behind us, quit due to slow play. They called the pro sop and someone finally came out and spoke to the threesome. Whomever came out did not follow up and the practice of waiting on the tee until the group in front reached the green continued. The ugly: 5 hour round with a belligerent member threatening to wrap a golf club around my head for complaining.

"Good greens"

joeyamin72's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/10/2017

Greens were good but the course is in terrible shape otherwise. Burnt fairways, dead spots everywhere. Hitting off dirt a lot.

"Fun for all levels"

JesterC's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/09/2017

Great layout and multiple tees make it fun for all levels

Response from Timacuan Golf Club on 04/17/2017:

Thank you for the great 4-star review! We are glad you had a fun round. Come play again soon!

"Very good greens"

Krumbug's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/07/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

We were a group from the north on a buddies trip and chose to replay this one. First round temperature hit 94 and we all wanted another crack at it when it was a bit more reasonable. The layout was challenging with a lot of elevation changes, a few waste areas and quite a bit of water on the back nine. My only complaint was the tee boxes could use a bit of attention.

Response from Timacuan Golf & Country Club on 06/02/2017:

Thank you for the 4-star review! We are glad you chose to play at Timacuan during your trip. We hope you visit us again!

"Timacuan"

tpzconst's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/03/2017

Very nice layout..can tell it was a nice course at one time...got a good price from Golf Now so made the experience more tolerable...course is in serious disarray...no money going into repairs and maintenance...lots of dump rules and signs....a semi private course but the members seem to want public players to be treated as second class ...just not a good day... reasonable price but many better options..will not play there again!

Response from Timacuan Golf & Country Club on 06/02/2017:

We are glad you found value in the golf course. We are sorry to learn you had a negative experience at the golf course this time around. We aerated in May and we are coming out of the drought, so we hope you give us another shot.

"Good for a hot deal price"

mattfl's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/01/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

Course is in ok shape. Played only because I got in on a hot deal time. Greens are in great shape, rolling smooth and fast. Rest of course is in pretty rough shape. Dirt/dead patches in the fairways. The tee boxes are horrible. I also got hit with the sprinklers twice during my round which was pretty annoying. I know they have to stay on top of watering, but maybe make sure no one is on the tee box or green before the sprinklers come on? Thanks...

Not sure how they can continue to charge a premium price for this course with it being in such a poor condition. Course was dead on a saturday afternoon, I played 2 balls the whole round and didn't have anyone behind or in front of me for at least 2-3 holes.

Response from Timacuan Golf Club on 04/17/2017:

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you found value in the course. We see that last time you played was over 2 weeks ago. We hope you come out to play at the course again soon and see how much it has improved.

Chiefl43's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/29/2017

Response from Timacuan Golf & Country Club on 06/02/2017:

Thank you for the 4 stars!

"Fantastic greens"

u280402068's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/28/2017

Second time playing this course. I especially appreciate the consistency of the quick greens. I played on a Tuesday afternoon and felt like I had the course to myself. and my three playing partners felt the same way. I Played Falcons Fire the previous day and was very disappointed with what was advertised and the price. Timacuan is a great value and I am already looking forward to playing here again next year.

Response from Timacuan Golf & Country Club on 06/02/2017:

We are glad you came back for a second round at Timacuan! We are glad you found value in the course, and we look forward to your next visit!

smhasham's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/28/2017

Response from Timacuan Golf & Country Club on 06/02/2017:

Please do not hesitate to give us more detailed feedback on your experience. Thank you for playing at Timacuan Golf & Country Club.

"Maintenance"

Ryker's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/25/2017

There are better maintained courses in the vicinity. Greens were in good shape. Layout was challenging

Response from Timacuan Golf & Country Club on 06/02/2017:

We are glad you enjoyed the condition of the greens. The course presents its challenges, but practice makes perfect! We hope you give us another shot this summer now that it has finally rained!

leedeke's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/20/2017

Response from Timacuan Golf on 03/28/2017:

We would like to apologize for your negative experience at the course. We’re normally known for our exceptional greens & course conditions, and we regret that you feel we missed the mark. We’d like to learn more about your specific situation and discuss this further. Please contact us at david@golftimacuan.com

ckmontg's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/19/2017

Response from Timacuan Golf on 03/20/2017:

Thank you for the 4 stars! Come play again soon!