Timacuan Golf Club

Gift this Course
  • 550 Timacuan Blvd, Lake Mary, FL 32746, County Seminole
  • www.golftimacuan.com

Year built: 1987
Architect(s): Ron Garl (1987), Bobby Weed (1996)
Type: Public
Style: Links
Greens: Bermuda Grass
Fairways: Bermuda Grass

Golf school / academy: Yes - "EagleDream Golf Academy"

Metal spikes allowed: Soft spikes only
Dress code: Proper golf attire required.

Black (W) 72 5566 yards 72.6 128
Green (W) 72 5343 yards 71.1 125

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city in the 'burbs   Great for locals advanced golfers a weekend splurge   Challenges include water hazards bunkers undulating greens   Great for drinks brunch 19th hole specials

woodwhit's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/15/2017

Response from Timacuan Golf & Country Club on 08/17/2017:

Thanks for the 4 stars! Come play again soon!

"Good Course, a Bit Pricey"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/08/2017

Timacuan has a nice course, and and it is very enjoyable, but it is a bit too pricey. The greens need some work too, there are several dirt patches on them.

Response from Timacuan Golf & Country Club on 08/17/2017:

Thank you for the great 4-star review! Be sure to book online next time to find the best daily deals available!

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/06/2017

Was not aware that back 9 was closed. It should have been noted at reservation but I didn't see it.

Response from Timacuan Golf & Country Club on 08/17/2017:

We apologize for the miscommunication. Be sure to sign up for our Email club to receive all the latest news and deals at Timacuan!

"Could have been so much better"

lee2391719's avatar
Age:  Under 25

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/05/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

Finally made it out to this course after hearing so many good things about it. I expected the course to be in great shape compared to the other courses that are cheaper to go. Some bunkers were filled with water which made you lose your ball if you hit it into it. Fairways were in decent shape with the usual wet spots from the rain but not as good as other places that are cheaper. Their greens were in excellent shape which was one of the upsides to this course. Only played the front 9 due to construction on the back 9 which stunk but of well. Dont know if I would go back at the price it is now.

Response from Timacuan Golf & Country Club on 08/17/2017:

We appreciate your feedback. We hope you understand the course is doing its best despite all of the rain in the area. We hope you give us another shot soon.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/01/2017

Response from Timacuan Golf & Country Club on 08/16/2017:

Thank you for the 4 stars! Come play again soon!

branch76's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/01/2017

Response from Timacuan Golf & Country Club on 08/16/2017:

Please, do not hesitate to give us more detailed feedback on your experience at the course. We hope you give us another shot soon.

"Storm emely"

ricorengue's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/31/2017

We play 4 holes and then it started raining and we waited for an hour and half and didn't stop lost my money will like to get couple of rounds back if posible thanks

Response from Timacuan Golf & Country Club on 08/16/2017:

Thank you for the 4 stars! We normally recommend speaking to the pro shop while you are still on the course to discuss getting a raincheck. Please, do not hesitate to call and we would be happy to further discuss this with you.

"Don't waste your money"

TedNoel's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/30/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather

I called ahead and was told that the course was in good condition. The tee boxes were chewed up. Fairways had a lot of bare and mossy chunks. Some greens were un-puttable, and this was 2 days before a Senior US Open qualifier. They should have paid me to play the course.

"Timacuan"

pacinp's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/29/2017
First time playing Used cart Verified Purchaser

Well designed course. Not for 100 plus players unless you bring plenty of balls. looks to me like they are short of money or are in need of a new managing company. It could use a lot of help in the landscaping department. My friends and I play many courses in the area thanks to Golf Now and we find better kept up courses for less money.

Response from Timacuan Golf & Country Club on 08/17/2017:

We appreciate your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed the course design, though we are sorry to learn you did not have as great of a round as expected. We hope you give us another shot soon.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/28/2017

Course is still recovering from the lack of rain in May and June. Greens where in great shape.

Response from Timacuan Golf & Country Club on 08/16/2017:

Thank you for your review. With all the rain we have been getting recently, we hope you come back soon to give the course another shot!

"Course conditions"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/28/2017

The course was not in great condition. Lack of rain in May and June really took its toll. I've played there in the fall and winter and it was in great shape.

Response from Timacuan Golf & Country Club on 08/17/2017:

Thank you for your review. We hope you give us another shot soon now that we have seen much more rain!

"In great shape"

Dan4369686's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/21/2017

Middle of the summer, hot and humid, lots of rain (too much really), and Timucuan is in beautiful condition. Both fairways and greens were awesome. Played midday, and pace was great. Didn't wait on any shot until 18 when we caught up to a foursome. Great track in great shape.

Response from Timacuan Golf & Country Club on 08/17/2017:

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are glad you found the course in "beautiful condition!" Come play again soon!

"Good Track"

DS1241's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/09/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Still good track. Greens in great shape for rainy season. Always challenging layout

Response from Timacuan Golf & Country Club on 08/16/2017:

Thank you for the 4-star review! We are glad you found the greens in great shape.

"Would play again"

unemployed's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/24/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

First time playing the course I played with a client and my son. Loved the lay out but was expecting greens to be better.They really could update the golf carts as I got a work out with the bus like steering. But all in all we had a great day and will play again.

Response from Timacuan Golf Club on 06/26/2017:

We are glad you enjoyed your first time playing at Timacuan Golf Club! We will look into the golf cart issue. We look forward to your next round soon!

"not in good shape"

SOUTHRIDGE's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/20/2017
Previously played Used cart Verified Purchaser

There may have been drought or something there to be fair, but the fairways were all dried/burnt up. T-boxes the same, and some of the greens were "pecked" up by the birds that hang around there. Not in very good shape for a course that usually charges 70-80 bucks around. Had we not gotten a cheaper summer rate we wouldn't have played here, We found out why it was cheaper! Maybe play again in the fall if they get some rain. Maybe its an old indian curse-everyone around there got rain except them......WE played here a few years ago and the place was la-te-da immaculate.

Response from Timacuan Golf & Country Club on 08/17/2017:

Thank you for your review. Yes, the Central FL area did indeed experience a serious drought. However, now with the rain, we have been getting we hope you give us another shot soon.

"Good condition but golf lesson in front of us"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Two of us played on a Tuesday about 11:30. A threesome (men) teed off in front of us. I noticed there were only two bags for three players. One looked like he was taking notes for the other two. They were playing extremely slow. At the second tee they again were playing very slow so I decided to just go to the third hole. As I passed them I asked the one taking notes if he was giving a golf lesson. He got testy and said " they were playing a practice round". That fine but, LET PEOPLE PLAY THROUGH! so the pace of play is kept.

Response from Timacuan Golf Club on 06/15/2017:

We are sorry to learn you had a slow pace of play in the beginning because of the group ahead of you. If this happens again, we encourage you to bring this to the pro shop employees' attention. We understand pace of play is key to your game.

"Timucuan"

lthames's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/12/2017

If you played this course during the drought, you need to give it another try. The smooth greens roll true, dry spots on the fairways are a thing of the past and I couldn't find anything to complain about for the hot deal price we paid. The bunkers could use more real sand rather than the gravelly stuff they appear to prefer. While there are some interesting and challenging holes, the overall layout is lacking imagination, which keeps this course from achieving greater status as one of one of the area's better tracks. Several holes lack definition, such as 1 and 18, lending an amateurish look to the place. Still, I would come back for a similar hot deal.

Response from Timacuan Golf Club on 06/15/2017:

We are glad you enjoyed your round and that you found value in the course! We agree--the course looks much better now after the rain. We look forward to your next round!

"Crispy"

Mjr8101's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/31/2017

Played here about 10 years ago. It was great. Today though, wow. I know we are in a drought, but this course is burnt to a crisp. I played today because I had heard they invested a lot of $ into the course last year. Could only stand to play 6 holes.

The staff, now they were great. Every person I encountered was friendly and smiling. Hope things turn around for you soon.

Response from Timacuan Golf & Country Club on 06/02/2017:

Please understand our course staff has been trying to do their best considering the drought. Other courses in the area are undergoing the same situation. With the rain finally pouring, we hope you give us another shot this summer. Expect great summer savings!

"Great potential, but no effort"

ericcarpent's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/28/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

The reviews pretty much have it right – extremely dry course and not very well maintained. The greens had recently been punched, which I knew in advance (and they provide a coupon for a discounted future round), but that doesn’t excuse the unraked bunkers, really bad tee boxes, horrible fairways and ridiculously weedy rough. It was clear that it hadn’t been mowed in a while. Contrary to other reviews, there was water out – but no beverage cart. The clubhouse is beautiful, and the service was fine.

There was no beverage cart probably because nobody was playing – at 8:00 in the morning. I teed off as a single at my designated time, there was no marshal so I went on my own initiative. I didn’t see another player until I hit the 14th hole, at which point the very nice gentlemen in front of me offered to let me play though, but said it was stacked in front of them. I thanked them, and bailed because conditions were just that bad. I had chatted with a few residents out walking and each of them told a similar story of the downward trend of the course since a somewhat recent sale (?). I was also told the focus is on the new Foley Golf Academy, and they’ve let the course go. I’ll give it another go later in the year when conditions improve, and report back.

Response from Timacuan Golf & Country Club on 06/02/2017:

Please understand that the drought has very much affected course conditions for us as well as for other courses in Florida. We did aerify and that should help conditions tremendously. Now that we have seen more rain recently, we hope you give us another shot.

"Very dry and poor conditions"

brogolfer's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/27/2017

The course was very dry. There has been a lack of rain in Central Florida over the past six months. I was told that the month of April recorded it less than 1 inch of rain. Also, staff in the grill were not very pleasant the weather was extremely high and they seemed reluctant to fill my cup with ice.

Response from Timacuan Golf & Country Club on 06/02/2017:

Yes Central Florida was in a state of drought, but now that we have seen more rain int he past week we hope you give us another shot. Please understand our course staff has been doing their best during the drought. As for customer service, what you described is not in line with the standard we hold to our employees and we apologize for any assistance that was less than excellent.