Magnolia Plantation Golf Club

Clubs: No

Golf school / academy: Yes - "Mike Bender Golf Academy"

Dress code: Collared shirt required

Location is in the 'burbs convenient to the city worth the drive   Great for wildlife/ scenic views advanced golfers locals   Challenges include water hazards forced carries bunkers   Great for drinks amazing food watching the game

"SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!!"

JOHNNY369's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/13/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

The homeowners association should be embarassed that this course represents them. More sand than grass on the greens, sand traps where grass is growing over the rake, no fairways, and was attacked by pit bulls on the 15th hole. We started on the back 9 and only played 10 holes. Not a great golfer but lost 6 balls in 8 holes . Worst time I"ve ever had on a golf course. GOLF NOW loses credibility offering abandoned golf courses like this.

Course Layout: Poor

"Closed due to poor weather conditions?"

coleyco42's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/06/2017

I arrived to find a note on the clubhouse door stating that the course was closed due to poor weather conditions this weekend. Sunday August 6th 2017 was beautiful. From what I could see of the course and the parking lot, it is not being maintained to a standard of any golf course any where near the area. The neighborhood is beautiful, the course and clubhouse not so much. The price was too good to be true, but you get what you pay for. I should've known better.

"Owner clearly doesn't care"

xhibit25's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/29/2017

The course conditions are possibly the worst of any course I have ever played. The greens were terrible and had more sand and dirt than grass. The bunkers were even horrible, no sand filled with Weds and looked like the rough. The fairway was barely better than the rough, and the rough was knee high. Very sad that this course is in the condition it is, because it has a good layout. Staff was nice, food was great in the clubhouse. The only thing about the course that stood out was the amount of deer on the course. We must have seen 30 of them throughout the day, which was really cool. Paid $11 through a hot deal, and still felt it was over priced. Would go back to the clubhouse to eat and drink because the patty melt I had was really good. For golf I will spend my money elsewhere.

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/28/2017

"Sorry but not even worth $12"

gattokm's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

While the staff was extremely outgoing and fun, I still would not recommend anyone playing this course. Really nice layout but greens were inkept and unputtable with ant mounds and bird droppings all over them. Fairway length was 2-3 in grass - I actually lost 2 balls in the fairway.Rough was anywhere from 6-10 in, a ball hit here was history. Cups had up to 1: grass growing into the holes.wildlife all over was nice, deer came right up to the cart to say hello, really the only bright side. In such a high end area, I expected a whole lot more. Sorry guys but not even worth the $12 fire sale.

"Golf Now review."

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/03/2017

The course was exactly what I expected as I've played it before.

What I was not expecting was to get double billed. I was charged by Golf Now for the round plus taxes & fees and charged the same amount by the golf course.

One of the two of you need to get your act together.

"Great Value"

harminder9691382's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/22/2017

I play this course often being a resident in the community. I have finally started to see a lot of improvements on this course. The greens are actually cared for, the grass is actually cut . I am very pleased with the owners ability to make a genuine effort to improve this course. This course offers a great challenging layout if you are an avid golfer. I promise if you play this course now, you will be pleseantly surprised as my play prompted me to write this review. I would give it a 5 star only because i have been a witness to its rapid decline over the past number of years and now I see quite a bit of improvement. Thanks for reading and happy hitting!

"TLC Needed"

Icanhackit's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/18/2017

From the clubhouse and it's lack of inventory to the course and it's lack of essential maintenance, it has the appearance of a facility on the cusp of closure.

I was told that the recent heavy rains had prevented mowing, yet the course just down the road looked immaculate by comparison.

Ratchet up the TLC and basic course maintenance and this track could be very nice. I loved the layout.

"Course conditions terrible! Course will probably close soon."

jwalla129's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/11/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Played as a foursome and we all agreed--these were the worst golf course conditions we have played at. It seemed like they hadn't mowed anything in 1-2 months. Weeds up to mid ankles in the middle of the fairways. We literally lost golf balls in the middle of the fairways because the grass was too high for us to find it! Absolutely ridiculous! You can tell they are on their way out as the pro shop has just a smattering of items for sale (5-6 shirts, limited drink selection, etc). The first nine was "playeable" enough that we struggled through. Back nine was much worse than the front nine and by the 16th hole we just flat out gave up. It wasn't fun knowing it would be a impossible to find your ball. Greens were in decent condition considering the rest of the shape of the course.

Disappointing as this can be a great course and the layout is great. Really surprising as this course is in the middle of a very upper class neighborhood with gorgeous homes. Golf course doesn't suit the neighborhood.

Will not be back. Too many other nearby courses in much better condition!

"Terrible"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/09/2017

This course has gone downhill quite a bit. This used to be one of the best course in the area but now the fairway and tee boxes are overrun with weeds. It doesn't look like they are mowing the grass on a regular basis and the greens are in pretty bad shape. It's a shame because I only paid $13 bucks to play and seriously considered asking for a refund because of how bad the course was. Hope they get it together and soon or this course will be shut down.

"Weeds! Weeds! Weeds!"

jim7539089's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2017

Maybe the point of the golf course is to create the first hybrid grow house/golf course. I feel bad for the residence that have the nicest houses next to the eye sore of a course. Please close this course down

"Great Value"

willroos0206's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/23/2017

The layout of this course is incredibly unique and challenging. It is hard to find a course with this type of design for a budget friendly price. Tim in the pro shop was extremely helpful and polite and really went out of his way to take care of our group. The grounds are by no means in PGA shape but it didn't make the course any less fun to play! We will for sure be coming back to play there more often! The challenging nature of the course for the price can really help a beginner golfer like myself improve and can even test the more experienced ones as well!

"Wildlife Galore"

SteveChesley's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/19/2017

Not having played the course made it a challenge. It is designed well and offers the opportunity to decrease your ball supply. Fun to play but not in good shape. For the price it was a pleasure and looking forward to returning to play.

"Very Disappointed"

uSPLQ7072SP's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/19/2017

I'll start by saying that the layout is very challenging and the wildlife is amazing, but that's about it for the positives.

Played here for the first time and I was "very disappointed". The course was in poor condition. Being in the Lake Mary/Heathrow area of Central Florida, anyone familiar with the locale would expect this course to be almost impeccable. But that was FAR from reality. The best looking green on the course was the practice green, the tee boxes & fairways could have been part of a pasture and the bunkers were more like pavement. I've played many courses but none quite this bad. For whatever reason, this course has not been kept up with. I guess the fact that the parking lot was empty was an omen and that I only encountered 2 other groups on the course during the round is evident.

This could be a very good golf course so I hope the management can turn things around, but they do have a steep challenge ahead of them.

"Making a comeback"

john1999's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/04/2017

The course conditions are really starting to come back. The course is all mowed down and the greens are making improvements since that last time I came out. The layout itself is amazing, plenty of challenges. In addition to this there are tons of animals on the property from deer to bears and everything in-between.

"Horrible condition"

bappel33's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/03/2017

This course is in horrible shape, greens are hard and brown, no fairways more like fairroughs tee box is so dry that it's hard to even stick a tee in the ground. Played this course a few years ago and was a lot better. They have let it go without taking care of it

"Unkept"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2017

It is a shame that this course is neglected. The layout is challenging with water on almost every hole. I think it has potential but the lack of any course maintenance made for a frustrating day.

"Not worth your time"

Jhendels's avatar
Age:  Under 25

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/16/2017

The gentleman in the Pro Shop told me that the course has improved over the last few months. Well when I went out there it was worse than it has ever been. I won't play here again until the course improves a lot

"Terrible condition"

gmkelly's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/11/2017

Worst greens I ever played on.Fairways brown & in poor condition

"Worst golf course conditions I've EVER played....."

u120685222's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/09/2017

Title says it all!! The "fairways" were nothing but weed infested hardpan riddled with fire ant mounts throughout. The greens are all brown and chewed up. Believe me, I don't have high standards when it comes to playing golf, but this was simply BAD. On some holes, if you were in the rough, it was like hitting out of a bunker because of the sandy soil. Speaking of bunkers, they were non existent, instead, what were once beautiful bunkers looked like dried out old dirty ponds!! In addition, portions of the rough were rutted out so badly, that you almost needed a 4 wheeler instead of a golf cart. At one point, we joked that it appears the zombie apocalypse was upon us, since the course was abandoned and in such disastrous shape. DON'T waste your money! Truly sad, given in the right hands, this course could be gorgeous. Hopefully someone buys this place and fixes it back up.