Silver Dollar Golf & Trap Club - Bobcat/Gator Course

Practice bunker: Yes
Practice hole: Yes

Tees

Average Rating 3.5 stars from 5

Location is in the 'burbs worth the drive convenient to the city   Great for locals seniors beginners   Challenges include water hazards forced carries bunkers   Great for drinks watching the game brunch

"Challenging course"

Nickmarr's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/27/2017

They have 3 nine hole courses. We played the Gator then the starter told us there was a tournament in progress ahead and play would be slow on the Panther. We could play the Panther if we like, so we did. Good friendly advice.

The course is challenging yet forgiving. Some holes you will get in trouble if you use the driver off the box. The Panther greens seemed a little slower but still in good shape. The whole course was well kept, no dead.grass or bare spots anywhere that I saw.

"Great Course and Great Manager"

fatherC's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/06/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

Bobby Coppabianco is a people person guy. Very amicable and very fair.

Our church held our Golf Outing here for the first time. My congregation loved it, and wanted to play here again.

Friendly and beautiful people is what makes this place recommendable.

"Some improvements"

eoschwartz's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/10/2017

It's getting better at Silver dollar since last year. Greens have improved as have fairways. Pin placement on greens difficult

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/08/2017

"Dry, Dry and Dry"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/26/2017

The layout was pretty decent. Some interesting holes. Greens ran fairly well and were in pretty good shape. The fairways were absolute concrete and almost like hitting off dirt. Very difficult when in the middle of the fairway and have terrible lies. With proper maintenance, could be a nice little course

queens97's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/26/2017

danielsylv's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/19/2017

"Great value"

u209534532's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/09/2017

Nice greens and challenging approaches. It was a great experience. Helpful staff and awesome gators everywhere!!

"Course had good distances with lots of water challenges!"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/06/2017

The course was in good shape. Greens are fast but play fairly! Lots of distances for holes with fairways in good shape!

"Green Greens, very rough fairways"

uUGJB8086UG's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/28/2017
Previously played Used cart Verified Purchaser

the course was overbooked so place was slow but not bad - very rough fairways, but nice green greens

some very challenging, nice chap I golf with

probably would not play again because of the fairways

"Not worth the money"

u0000031937's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/24/2017

We paid $76.00 (2 players) for this course and drove a little ways to play it. This might be one of the worst layouts I have ever played in 50+ years of golf. It is totally uninspired. Must have be designed by an amateur architect. The condition was pitiful. Then add to it that it is adjacent to the community shooting range. There were loud shotguns going off constantly. It was literally next to the 18th fairway. Absolutely crazy. Do not play this course. A waste of money.

Course Layout: Poor

"Avid golfer"

BRYAN5180854's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/21/2017

For the money this is a good course. Fairways are less than average. Greens are good. Challenging.

shirleyugolf's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/08/2017

The Gator course was very wet stands to reason it poured the nite before. You better stay on fairway cause other than that it is nothing but tree roots & bare spots.

"Nice Track"

shama13's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/18/2017

The course is pretty open and is nice condition

The greens were excellent..good fairways /Tee boxes

medium difficulty but keep it in play

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/10/2017

"Greens in great shape, but average speed"

tresfenton's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/06/2017

Always a good price at Silver Dollar, and usually a good pace of play. The greens are in great shape right now, just beautiful and green. However, they need to cut them a bit tighter or roll them, as they are a bit slow for such nice greens.

I had the worst breaks in consecutive shots I've ever had in a round of golf on hole #3, a short par 5 that begs for going for the green in two. I hit a beautiful draw down the left side of the fairway, which is a dogleg almost 90-degrees left. My playing partner said it hit the cart path, which would normally not do anything but send the ball even further into the fairway. This cart path has unnecessary curbs, and my ball must have ricocheted off the curb to the left, into the rough by the woods. My only shot was a punch 4-iron between trees and the woods on the left, a fairly easy shot. I hit what I thought was a perfect punch shot that should have ended up in the middle of the fairway, giving me a 120-130 yard shot to the green. However, my ball hit the curb of the cart path that bends around the dogleg, and shot up in the air about 20 feet, and back into the woods. I have never seen anything like that before, on 2 consecutive shots that were struck well.

Another oddity that day was on hole #8, after the group of older men in their 60's-70's let us play through on #7. My playing partner and I played #7 quickly, with a birdie and a bogey, and then teed off on #8. Unfortunately, there was another group of older men playing the par-5 #8, so we had to wait a few minutes for them to clear to hit our second shots. As we stood there in the fairway, the group that had let us play through teed off into us from the senior tees, with one of their balls running past us 20-30 yards. No one yelled "Fore" at all. Very strange.

If you've never played this course before, you'll have to get used to the gunfire going off on the neighboring shooting range across the road.

There are some very easy holes at Silver Dollar, especially the back-to-back par-5's on #3 and #4. However, there are some tight holes that require a very good tee shot to have a chance at hitting the green in regulation. From the back tees, there are 2 great par-3's that require longer irons, including the finishing hole over a pond, with very tight OB on the right by the green. #17 is no bargain off the tee either. It's tough to hit driver from the back tees, because there is a stream that runs down the right side, and across the fairway, with OB left and a tight landing area with a hybrid or 3-wood, your only real play. The toughest hole, to me, from the back tees, is #12, a long par 4 that has a weird teeing area that forces you to hit a ball over 2 huge oak trees, but not on an angle going down the fairway. If you pull your drive just a bit, it will go OB. You can't favor the right, because there is a pond that loves to collect your tee shot. It's a hole you have to see from the back tees to understand what I mean. Everyone I've taken to Silver Dollar stands on that tee box, and asks me where in the heck they are supposed to aim. It's like 440 yards from the back, so even a perfectly struck tee shot leaves you a tough shot to the green.

The staff is nice, and the course sits inside a pre-fab home park. They have a driving range and a putting green, and a small chipping green by the 1st tee. Most of the holes are bordered by woods and not homes, so it's a pretty course to play. They have 3 sets of 9 holes, but I think they reserve one of the 9's for the residents, as I've only played it 3-4 times. Even during the season, the price is good.

Enjoy!

"Silver dollar"

newbydesign's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/04/2017

Not bad as beginner course. Greens were inconsistent and if you missed fairway there was only sand or dirt. No rough really. Good value though and person I played with was nice.

"POor starting management but not by starter"

dsmott's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/31/2016

We arrived about an hour early. Bought two pairs of sunglasses in pro shop and checked in. Went for coffees and had time on putting gr even.Went to tee about 35 mins early. Starter said he could get us off early. Next thing down comes the guy from the pro shop who basically overrides the starter and says everyone tee time only. We wait and in 35 mins only two lots teed off in total on the three starting tees. Starter apologised but had to follow instructions. Starter knew exactly what he was doing. Absolutely STUPID To delay people teeing off for no reason. For 25 mins nobody teed off on the two starting tees we were at. Then when it was our turn those who were late from an earlier time were put out in front of us!

"Second time same result"

jrscott10's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/30/2016

I booked a 8:12 Tee time for Friday, December 30th through Golfnow. I was told by the golfnow representative I booked the Tee time with to take the printed confirmation with me to give to the person in the pro shop to play the round. I arrived at the course around 7:45 and went in to the pro shop to check in. There was a customer checking

In in front of me. When they had checked in, the pro shop employee asked if he could help me. I said yes and tried to hand him the printed confirmation I was told to bring to confirm my Tee time. The pro shop employee did not take the printed confirmation but looked and shouted," can I help you" again. I again extended the printed confirmation to him and he shouted," don't stick that paper in my face, what's your name." I said Jerry Scott. He looked at the computer screen and said," ok I have it, wasn't that easy", and printed out the receipt. I took the receipt and walked out of the pro shop.

I had a similar experience about a year ago with a employee on the golf course that, without getting in to it, was extremely rude.

The pro shop employee should be fired. I know that my encounter with him was not the first bad experience a customer has had.

I will assure you that I will NEVER have another encounter with him or anyone else associated with the Silver Dollar golf course, because I will NEVER step foot on the property again. I plan to make my experience known to as many golf friends I have and hope they never play there as well.

"Silver Dollar Golf Course"

radray's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/21/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 9 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

We found the Course to be in good shape, with a good mixture of Hole Layouts. We are four retired, weekend golfers, who enjoy a relaxing game of golf. This course provided us with a fun day.