Half Moon Golf Club

• +1 800 438-7241, +1 876 953-2211
  • +1 876 953-8089
  • halfmoongolf.com

Year built: 1961
Architect(s): Robert Trent Jones, Sr. (1961), Roger Rulewich (2005)
Type: Resort
Greens: Bermuda 318
Fairways: Bermuda

Caddies: Yes - mandatory

Practice bunker: Yes
Golf school / academy: Yes - Half Moon Golf Academy

Dress code: Appropriate golf attire.

Championship 72 7141 yards 75.1 131
Competition 72 6581 yards 72.1 129
Gentlemens' 72 6233 yards 68.3 117
Ladies' Competition 72 5835 yards 74.2 134
Ladies'/Senior/Junior 72 5030 yards 64.4 114

"Great Golf at Half Moon"

whvalis's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/10/2016
Previously played Walked Perfect weather

You won't have a better golf experience than at Robert Trent Jones Sr.'s Half Moon golf course. It's a challenging test for serious or holiday players; 3 1/2 hours walk (less in a cart);great caddies;excellent pro shop service and head pro;on a fine track. Daily balmy trade winds enhance the round.A regular since 1981, I have played well over 200 rounds there and always finish satisfied and reinvigorated. The resort is one of the world's best; unsurpassed amenities;its owners are serious golfers committed to pleasing all guest golfers !

"First Class Facility"

longballer41's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/17/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

I recently played Half Moon Bay while in Jamaica. I can't say enough good things about our experience. From the time we arrived at the front gate, we were welcomed by very happy and gracious staff. I have played all over and can say the staff and service at Half Moon Bay rank at or very close to the best I have ever received. Each staff member went out of their way to make you feel welcome and cared about your positive experience on the property.

Our caddies for the day were Vincent and Fitzroy. Both are very experience caddies who can play as well. That helps when offering advice on where or how to play a hole. They quickly learned the abilities of the 3 of us in the group and helped each of us take advantage of different area's and lines to hit the golf ball off the tee and into the greens. Their green reading is outstanding. With out them helping read the greens our scores would have been a few strokes higher for sure. Hard working is an understatement when describing Vincent and Fitzroy. Not only were they at all our shots to make sure we had the right yardage, club and they were clean, but they walked ahead to spot our balls in the landing areas as well.

The golf course was in fantastic condition. It's a good traditional parkland style golf course challenging but fair for golfers of all levels. They are in the process of improving the drainage and irrigation system so there was one hole out of play. However that didn't hinder our enjoyment of the course.

My only regret while at Half Moon Bay is that we didn't walk. The golf course is very walkable. We chose to ride due to the threat of rain.

I will be returning to Montego Bay in the future and without question I will be going back to Half Moon Bay to play. Don't hesitate to book a round, you won't regret it.

Commented on 12/30/2016

All the caddies at the Half Moon are terrific. They greatly enhance the golf experience.

"Challenging and diverse layout"

JeanBelliveau04's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/10/2016
First time playing Walked Perfect weather

The challenging and diverse layout, the opportunity to take many risk/reward shots , and the intimate feel of Half Moon ensures that every guest will have a thoroughly enjoyable and memorable game of golf.

Commented on 12/30/2016

I have been bringing golfers to the Half Moon for over 30 years. I started on the Blue tees; now, in my seventies, I play a mixture of white and red tees. But no matter the tees all my golfing guests and I share one thing: great enjoyable golf every day at a fine resort and fine course. Just go !