Heritage Isles Golf and Country Club

GPS: No

Practice bunker: Yes
Practice hole: No
Simulator: No
Golf school / academy: Yes - "Jim Dent/Rick Bradshaw School of Golf at Heritage Isles Golf & C.C., Tampa, Fl."

Walking allowed: No
Dress code: Traditional golf attire, including collared shirts; no denim or cut-off shorts are allowed
Credit cards accepted: Major credit cards are accepted.

Average Rating 3.9 stars from 5

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city in the 'burbs   Great for locals advanced golfers seniors   Challenges include water hazards bunkers forced carries   Great for drinks 19th hole specials brunch

"Great course"

Jasper74's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/16/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Played the course often, but this was exceptional. The greens had been aerated 2 short weeks ago yet every green was immaculate and consistent. Hats off to the maintenance crew and especially the course super. Best maintained course within 25 miles, highly recommend!!!

"Golfnow rates on website not honored!"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/09/2017

The rates on their own website are not honored and they do not take responsibility for it. I often book a lower rate on their site and then they push back when you go to play.

Response from Heritage Isles Golf & Country Club on 06/16/2017:

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with our staff during your round. We will be sure to address it at the course and fix things accordingly. We are, however, excited to see that the rest of your round with us was great! We hope to see you again soon for another round.

"Nice course and nice layout"

don553's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/06/2017

As a single I was able to play my round in three hours, no one else was on the course at 0800. The weather was threatening rain but I made it before it came. Greens were immaculate as were the fairways.

Response from Heritage Isles Golf & Country Club on 06/09/2017:

"don553" thank you for the 5 star review! We appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon for another round!

"I love this course"

rholden11's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/03/2017

I love this course. Give the grounds crew a raise! Please! This course was in great shape even during the drought. Now that it had some rain the greens are gorgeous. I play this course twice a month. Definitely my favorite in the New Tampa area. Must play if you're in the area. Keep up the great work guys/gals!

"His course plays very well"

Stand's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/31/2017

Very well maintained course. Greens we're in excellent condition. Sand traps were very well maintained as was fairways and tee areas. A great track.

Response from Heritage Isles Golf & Country Club on 06/05/2017:

"Stand" thank you for the 5 star review! We love hearing that the course was in excellent condition for your round and well maintained. We appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon for another round!

"Greens are incredible"

Stephen2094292's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/21/2017

The greens on this course are amazing. They are probably the best I have ever seen and I have been playing a long time. The fairways and tee boxes are also in pretty good shape considering the drought we have been experiencing.

Response from Heritage Isles Golf & Country Club on 06/01/2017:

"Stephen2094292" thank you for the 5 star review! We are happy to hear that the course conditions were amazing for your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon for another round.

"BIG snake"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/18/2017

Course in great shape just didn't bring my "A" game. Sand in great shape as are the fairways and greens.

On 9 I hit to the rough and reached down to address the ball and stepped on a Cotton Mouth! Biggest one I have ever seen and it struck at me. Pure luck but it missed as I fell over backwards.

Brought it to a course workers attention and they stated they have been seeing some big ones lately.

Will definitely play again but I will watch where I step!

"Excelent"

Vick43's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/18/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

This is by far one of the best golf courses in the area. Well kept.

D Vick

Response from Heritage Isles Tee Times on 05/23/2017:

"Vick43" thank you for the 5 star review! We are excited to hear that you think our course is well kept and one of the best in the area! We look forward to seeing you again soon for another round.

brettmicheal's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/14/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Not sure why a course would use Golfnow when it definitely is shown by their staff that they do not like it. The course was in good shape. The play was very slow and found they had let walk ons go ahead of us. They were new golfers which is fine but did not have the etiquette to let players through. We went off at 4 and were told we had to have the carts back in at 7:45 - why would you take a tee time at 4 then. Golf usually is 4 hours plus depending on how fast everyone is playing. We rounded hole 10 to find that two of the groups ahead of us had quit but the threesome (newbies) were just taking there 2nd shots. We decided to head in knowing we would not get the back nine in. Asked in the pro shop for a rain check (not a refund) we were told we would have to ask Golfnow since that is where we booked. He then told me I would not get it as Golfnow would call to see if it had been raining and he of course would say no and I would be denied. Very rude and unapologetic. We were going to go to there restaurant for drinks but decided to go elsewhere to spend our money.

Response from Heritage Isles Tee Times on 05/23/2017:

We regret to hear that your experience with our pace of play and staff friendliness was not ideal. However, we are happy to hear that the course layout, value, and course conditions were excellent for your round. We hope to see you again soon to make up for your experience!

"Poor customer service."

brettmicheal's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/14/2017
Used cart Hot weather

The course was overbooked and allowing walk ons. After nine we decided not to continue as it was slow and there were 2 groups ahead of us that stopped playing. We went to #10 to tee off to find a threesome just teeing off - they seemed to be new golfers as they were struggling - which is fine but it was not what I wanted to do is wait every hole. We were told we had to have the carts back in by 7:45 and it was already 6. We went to the clubhouse and were told sorry no rainchecks for Golfnow customers. I wasn't looking for a refund - just a raincheck. They claimed they get no money for them. It was my mother's day gift from my son and we would have came back and probably paid for the additional nine so they would have made out. We were going to go into their clubhouse but he was so rude we decided to go somewhere else. Again their loss. If a course is not happy with using Golfnow why do they utilize them. He was rude with no apologies. I even explained that I tried booking on their website but it was down.

Response from Heritage Isles Tee Times on 05/16/2017:

We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you experienced with our staff. We assure you this is not the customer service level we strive to achieve and will address it at the course. We hope that you will come back for another round soon in hopes to make up for this experience.

"You have to try this course"

xeroid17's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/13/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

Not a really long course, in fact I am no long hitter but was still able to comfortably play the blue tees. But you had better be accurate and know how long you hit each club because woods and hazards are waiting for your errant shot. Course conditions were excellent and these were probably the best greens I've played this year. Tees and fairways were in good shape, almost no bare spots. Greens were soft and held shots well. They were also fairly fast and easy to putt as long as you didn't miss the hole. As I was a single, I was twice allowed to go through other groups even though I wasn't really pushing them. So an A for golf etiquette to the other players as well. I will be going back to play there again soon.

Response from Heritage Isles Tee Times on 05/23/2017:

"xeroid17" thank you for the 5 star review! We are happy to hear that the course conditions were excellent, specifically the tees, fairways, and greens were in excellent shape. We love hearing you had an excellent experience with us overall and look forward to seeing you again soon for another round!

"Spectacular Greens.........."

golfkatz1's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/12/2017

I gave the course 5 stars for the Greens.....Fairways are coming in good.....3.9 stars......

Response from Heritage Isles Tee Times on 05/17/2017:

"golfkatz1" thank you for the 5 star review! We are happy to hear that the greens were in excellent conditions for your round and the that the fairways are coming in good. We appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to seeing you again for another round!

"Great greens"

jaysta's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2017

Played this course for the first time yesterday, the staff were very friendly, nice grass on fairways and greens in excellent shape, roll is very true. Not very busy as we played in the middle of the day and was very hot, so lack of people playing suited us as we are on vacation. Would definitely play this course again

Response from Heritage Isles Tee Times on 05/15/2017:

"jaysta" thank you for the 5 star review! We are excited to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your first round with us and that the course was in great shape as well as the staff was friendly! We look forward to seeing you again soon for another round.

"heritage isles"

polo4058's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/08/2017

the greens are absolutely the best greens i have putted on. rack rate is good. tees, fairways, greens really really great shape.

Response from Heritage Isles Tee Times on 05/10/2017:

"polo4058" thank you for the 5 star review! We love hearing that you think we have the best greens and that our course is in great shape in general. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon for another round.

"Great greens"

Ralph4836682's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/03/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Challenging par 3's due to their length. Otherwise, the course is not that long, but hitting your target off of the tee is essential to scoring well. The highlight of the round was the excellent condition of the greens.

Response from Heritage Isles Tee Times on 05/05/2017:

We are excited to hear that the course conditions were excellent for your round! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you again soon for another round.

"Good course, with an exception......"

GimmieABreak's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/27/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

The course is in great condition considering our drought conditions. The greens are excellent, the carts are new and the layout is challenging.

The only exception was the clerk in the pro-shop. He was confrontational and argumentative to players that sign up on-line. He does not belong in a customer service position. Otherwise we had a great time and met some other golfers that we will play with in the future.

Response from Heritage Isles Tee Times on 05/02/2017:

We apologize for any poor convenience you may have had with our staff. We will be sure to address these issues at the course and fix things accordingly. However, we are excited to here that, overall, you enjoyed your round at Heritage Isles and that the course conditions and pace of play were excellent. We hope to see you again soon for another round!

"Condition of course was excellent"

JLewis45's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/24/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

This is a fun course to play, but you better bring your A game. The layout is nice and interesting. Most holes have a tight area for the tee shot with lots of sand, water and trees to attract errant shots.

Response from Heritage Isles Tee Times on 04/26/2017:

We are glad to hear you had a fun time playing our challenging course! We also love hearing that you thought the layout was nice. We look forward to seeing you again soon for another round!

"Good value"

Descheneaux's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/19/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Good true and fairly fast greens are the best features of this course.

"Nice test of golf"

tigern's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/19/2017

I definitely will come back and play this course again it's a great test of golf given to you. The course is in excellent condition despite the recent drought. I'm a 15 handicaper, played from the blue and it was a challenge , a lot of fun, it made my day.

Response from Heritage Isles Golf and Country Club on 04/24/2017:

Thank you for the valuable feedback and four stars, Anders! We are happy to hear our course challenges you and provides a learning experience each round! We aim to provide our golfers with a better experience each visit and we look forward to having you back soon. Thank you for stopping by and have a great day!

"Very enjoyable!"

Nomie4544517's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/16/2017

Course was a bit dry but understandable due to lack of rain, however conditions were excellent. Greens rolled true and I'll take the extra roll. Layout is good and course has its challenges especially from the gold tees on the par 3's. Definitely worth the drive from Lakeland and will play again, give it a try!

Response from Heritage Isles Golf and Country Club on 04/24/2017:

Hey Nomie, thank you for the feedback and five star rating! We appreciate your support and are happy to hear you came all the way from Lakeland to play a round with us! We hope the weather conditions are better for you next visit with us and we look forward to seeing you soon! Have a great day!