Lexington Oaks Golf Club

• 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd, Wesley Chapel, FL 33544
  • www.lexoaks.com

Year built: 2000
Architect(s): Gordon Lewis (2000)
Type: Public
Greens: Bermuda Grass
Fairways: Bermuda Grass

Golf school / academy: Yes - "Lexington Oaks Golf Academy"

Dress code: Proper attire is required.

Tees | Layout

Average Rating 3.8 stars from 5

"Greens are back!"

TopherJ's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/15/2017

I played Lexington for the first time today on 1.15.17. I read previous reviews and was worried about what kind of greens we would see. They are in great shape. I only saw two greens that had any remnants of burn out. And those spots were on the outskirts of the green and less than a football size blemish. Course has a challenging layout from the blue tees with some long carries. Lots of water and sand to dance around. Cart girl came around at least 5 times while we played and the course wasn't empty. We only had to wait at par 3's and one driveable par4. So pace of play was just about the posted pace today. Great place, we will definitely be back.

"Another Great Day at the Oaks"

jfiore's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/14/2017

Lexington Oaks is a regular stop for my golf group as we tour the greater Tampa Bay area. We keep coming back because they do a tremendous job from the time you arrive to the time you leave. Course is always in great shape, and the people are top notch. We were 10 golfers today and everyone had great time

Thanks again Lex Oaks staff.

"Ummmm"

Hammer26's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/23/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

Had not played here for a while and got the Pardise Special Double Eagle and while the price was definitely right the greens were not. Appeared to be having a problem with over 90 percent of the greens they were hard, bumpy and spotty. Ball did not roll true at all. This was totally unchariteristic of this golf course as normally the greens are near perfect. The customer service provided by Rachel and the dinning facility staff more than made up for the greens shortcomings...Will not keep us from returning as we did have great time out there as we always do. Pace of play was fantastic and we had the course to ourselves as we let a 2 some through and did not see the next group behind us until we got to 18.

"Never have I seen worse greens."

Larry8853090's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2016
Previously played Used cart Poor weather

I played here yesterday and the Greens are in absolute horrible conditions. Not sure what happened but I would fire the greenskeeper immediately. There is hardly any grass left, looks like the greens were either overly fertilized and burnt up or they were cut too low and resulted in a catastrophe. Do not play here until they fix the greens, really no reason to unless you want to be very disappointed.

"Keep Coming Back."

jfiore's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/28/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

I moved to the Tampa Bay area about 12 years ago. I probably played every course within 50 miles of Wesley Chapel. For the overall value this course is my favorite The staff is always extremely friendly, course is in good shape. I had a golf outing there in April and have played the course 3 times since. Try it you will be hooked!

"OK but not exceptional"

andyrose007's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/13/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes

We played this as one of 7 courses over the week. Probably ranked 5th of the 7. Greens were slow, quite a challenge off the Blue Tees - some big carries.
Staff were friendly and helpful, overall course condition OK.

"Greens are Dead Right Now"

aschaffer89's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/03/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

I called on a Wednesday to book a Sunday tee-time. No notice was given to me that the greens were nearly dead and undergoing extensive aeration. It was like putting on bumpy concrete. Extremely fast an unresponsive for all the wrong reasons. Of all the greens we hit, we couldn't create a single pitch mark because it was so compacted. Chipping and pitching was unenjoyable. I'm sure this course is fun when it's in good shape but I'm disappointed the staff didn't speak up when I called in advance and spoke to them. There was no rate reduction due to aeration either. Likely won't be back until I can confirm the greens are alive. Do a drive-by before paying.

"Great course for the money!"

Andy5217237's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/25/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

A buddy and I teed off at 9 am this morning. It was my first time playing the course and I had only heard very little about it. We thoroughly enjoyed our round today. Pace was slow as there were 44 golfers before us. This slowed play a little but the foursomes in front of and behind us were extremely friendly and we were able to take our time on each shot without feeling rushed. The best part was the condition of the course. I would put the condition and quality of the grass at this course up there with Innisbrook North, which I played a few months ago. The greens were in great shape! I am current about a 20 handicap and I would say the course is not terribly challenging. Wide fairways and large greens. Very few doglegs and a lot of straight away shots to the green. Highly recommended course.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"In My Top Ten"

Hammer26's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/03/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

I have played this course for years and while I cringe at their summer rates they remain in my top ten list of courses to play and courses that I take my out of town guests to. Staff highly professional and friendly. Course is always in good condition. Pace of play has never been a problem. Rollback Thursday "great idea" like the price.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"Similar to Alaqua Country Club, Deer Island Country Club, & Saddlebrook Resort - Saddlebrook Course"

extennisnowgolfer's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 8/16/2013

4:30pm tee time w/wife for $17/ea direct thru course. Course is tight tree/water lined course. Lots of water. Is very well maintained course, almost pristine. Fairways well carpeted. Greens rolling true & fast except for 4-5 greens that were re-aerated & sanded. Fairways well carpeted but you can tell that drainage systems isn't best. Some areas mushy & damp. Some tee boxes needing TLC. Carts battery powered w/ windshield & rain cover in back for golf club bag. Bathrooms & water accessible on course. A fun & challenging course. Will play again when in area.