Quarry Golf Club

Gift this Course
  • 5650 Quarry Lake Dr., Canton, OH 44730
  • www.quarrygolfclubggp.com

Year built: 2006
Architect(s): Brian Huntley (2006)
Type: Public

Dress code: Non-denim pants, skirts, shorts, and collared or mock shirts.

Tees | Layout

Green (W) 72 4878 yards 68.4 117

Average Rating 4.5 stars from 5

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city in the 'burbs   Great for wildlife/ scenic views advanced golfers a bucket list/top 100 pick   Challenges include elevation changes bunkers thick rough   Great for patio dining drinks 19th hole scenic views

"Scenery and challenging holes"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/16/2016

What a pleasure. There was no one on the course and we were left to enjoy our round with beautiful views and probably the most interesting course layout in the area. You have to play here once a year at least.

"Great layout...not much else"

ringorahul's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/08/2016

The course has an amazing look and feel. Definitely a challenging course that forces you to have good

Course management. Greens were pretty slow and fairways were pretty beat up. The GPS is great and needed as there are many blind shots. The pro shop was very basic and there was a wedding occurring as we finished which resulted in very delayed service at the bar.

Response from Quarry on 10/14/2016:

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the challenges that the course presents to golfers! We hope to see you back again soon!

"The course used to be awesome"

tmitch2070's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/06/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

The maintenance of the course was disappointing. The bunkers are filling in with grass and a lot of the sand has washed away. Every hole had issues with what appeared to be grubs and the ground was torn up at those spots and unplayable but were not marked as ground under repair or marked at all. The carts were not cleaned and the tire tread was worn to the point the carts was slow to turn on grass. The range was closed and the chipping green was unkept. There are much better values in the area for the money.

Response from Quarry on 10/14/2016:

We are very sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations this time. Please email us at AmyTeeTimes@yahoo.com to speak further regarding your experience. We look forward to hearing from you.

"A great challenge!"

Rodney4246966's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/26/2016

The traps were in need of maintenance so we raked and played them. The greens are large and in very good condition, with the right pin placements require a well placed approach shot, when missed demand an exacting pitch and putt to score well. A few blind shots require course knowledge. Views and landscapes are beautiful from many positions on the course. Overall had a great day but a little pricey.

Response from The Quarry on 10/10/2016:

Thank you very much for the 4 star rating! We are thrilled to hear that you had a great day! Come back and see us!

"Too Expensive For Course Conditions"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/25/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 9 holes Excellent weather

The course is well known for NE Ohio golfers. The layout and scenic views are best qualities for this course. Unfortunately, the price and course conditions are not great. I have golfed here every year for the past 5 years and when I golfed yesterday, I was shocked at how poor the course has been maintained. Greens dried out and cracking, tee boxes beat up, and sand traps hard as a rock with rocks in them. And to charge customers $32 for nine holes is horrible.

I would suggest getting a new grounds keeper manager or figure something out. Within 2-3 years it will not be a well known course to play at. It will be a well known course to stay away from.

Response from The Quarry on 10/10/2016:

We are sorry that we did not exceed your expectations. We would like to speak with you further offline. Please email us at AmyTeeTimes@yahoo.com.

"Beautiful Course Views That Challenges Your Game"

MindFields's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/21/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 9 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

The Quarry Golf Course was beautiful and challenging. The views were awesome so make sure you have your camera available to take pictures! The course allowed my Son-in-Law and me to play 18 holes without being paired up with another couple. This was fabulous because I am just learning the game of golf and my handicap is in the high twenties. This gave me the opportunity to play at my own speed and capabilities without being pressured by other players as well as not aggravating/discourage other players that would have been paired with us. My son-in-law loves this course and now I know why. I live in Las Vegas but next time I am back in Ohio I will definitely play the Quarry again! ;o)

Response from Quarry on 10/14/2016:

Wow! Thank you very much for the 5 star rating! We are thrilled to hear that you will play again when you are back in town. Come back sooner than later!

"Best course EVER"

Scott118's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/23/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

The Quarry continues to set the standard for a perfect golf experience. GREAT course conditions, exceptional layout, and extremely scenic this course is a MUST play in NE Ohio. 18-signature holes add up to a memorable round regardless of your score.

Commented on 09/07/2016

Scott118 - Wow! Thank you so much for the perfect 5 star rating! We are thrilled that you consider us to be a must play in NE Ohio! We hope to see you back on the course again soon!

"High voltage wires are in play across fairways."

u000002319051's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/29/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Great layout, but man made aerial hazards compromise the quality of the course.

Not as well maintained as its sister course Shale Creek, almost as if under staffed.

Commented on 08/09/2016

Thank you for choosing The Quarry! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the layout of the course and we hope to see you again soon!

"Interesting and hilly"

hud711's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/23/2016

A challenging and interesting layout.Much hillier than expected fairways very nice greens just a tad slower than expected.Played on a scorching day and the hilly terrain is a workout.If greens more up to championship speed it could be 4.5 or 5 stars

Commented on 08/09/2016

Hi Hud711,

Thank you for choosing The Quarry. We are happy to hear that enjoyed the challenge and layout of the course. We hope to have you back again soon!

"twosomes"

Dave3127937's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/30/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

This is one of my favorite courses. The only thing negative that I can say is that the golf course does not join up twosomes.I played today in 4hrs and felt a little rushed because of all the twosomes that were playing behind us.

Commented on 07/06/2016

Thank you for your review, Dave. We love to listen to what our golfers have to say, so your feedback is helpful! Hope to see you on the course again soon!

"OMG"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/28/2016

This is the finest public course bar none, In Ohio . It is beautiful and conditions are flawless. Five tees from 7000 yds at back tee to 5000 yds forward. Each tee is manicured as expected. Fairways are plush, no bare spots, wide and perfect. What a pleasure to play WOW!! One should take a camera to remind you of the beauty. The rough is long and will definitely cost you strokes. Many traps and in perfect shape. Teetime pricing is a little higher than many local courses however you get what you pay for and that is certainly the case at the quarry golf club it is first class all the way. We are really lucky to have such a gem in this area of Ohio. The greens are huge, rolling, and fast. A real challenge. Any negative reviews about this course are due to high scores being shot. Answer to this is "get lessons and play better" don't blame the course. If you haven't played the Quarry, treat yourself to 4 hours of beauty and fun.

Commented on 07/06/2016

Thank you so much for your 5 star review! We are thrilled to have WOW-ed you and are pleased to hear everything you have said about our course! Please come back and play another round with us.

"One of Ohio's best!!"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/31/2016

Hands down one of the nicest courses I've played in Ohio. Beautiful scenery with plenty of areas to get in to trouble. As stated in the other reviews, definitely bring extra balls. If you miss a fairway it's going to take some time to find your ball in the high and thick rough, there are several holes with blind shots and a handful with water. Overall, great course and I can't wait to play it again!

Commented on 06/13/2016

Hi u741262662,

We are glad that you enjoyed your round at the Quarry Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon for your next round!

"Great course."

Kurt5310645's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/28/2016

First time playing this course and already let my friends know about it. Will definitely be back when I am in the area. I was very fortunate to have a beautiful sunny day and having the course not being crowded , course was in great shape from tee to greens. The staff was helpful and friendly. This course has definitely made my top 5 public cousres and was better then some private course I have played.

Commented on 06/13/2016

Hi Kurt5310645,

We are so glad that you enjoyed the Quarry Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon for your next round!

"One of the top 1 or 2 public courses in NE Ohio"

nanastasakis's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/29/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Poor weather Verified Purchaser

My first trip to The Quarry...overall great experience. Visited on a slow, rainy, cold day in late April. Pace of play was a little slow, playing as a two-some we played thru 2 or 3 groups. Course was wet, so it was hard to give it a true rating of course conditions. But, fantastic layout, tough, challenging course you have to think around, not just bomb it down the fairway. I hit more hybrids & 3-woods from the tee, than drivers. Laid up on most par 5's. Beautiful place, can't wait to visit again.

Commented on 05/05/2016

Hi Nanastasakis,

Thank you for making your first trip The Quarry! We are happy to hear that you had a great experience. We hope to see you again as the weather warms up!

"great course"

dhohman25's avatar
Age:  Under 25

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

great greens great views great time

Commented on 04/27/2016

Hi Dhohman25,

Thank you for choosing The Quarry. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the conditions and views and had a great time. We hope to have you back again soon!

"In great shape for early spring"

Burnsje49's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/16/2016

The course was in great shape for early spring. Greens were still a little shaggy but fairways were were great. Pace of play was awful for this time of year though, almost 5 1/2 hours. Drove up from Columbus so luckily we were not in a big hurry on the most beautiful day of the year thus far. Good value for this time of year. Hopefully when the rates go up, the pace of play will pick up. 5 1/2 rounds of golf will put you out of business quickly when you start charging $70.

Commented on 04/27/2016

Hi Burnsje49,

Thank you for your review and for making the trip to see us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the conditions of the course. We hope to see you again soon.

"Fun course to play"

walterzjr's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/26/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

As usual the trip to Canton was worth the drive. The course was in great shape for March and the layout is always interesting to play. Leave the driver in the bag for the short par 4's

Commented on 03/29/2016

Hi Walterzjr,

Thank you for choosing The Quarry and for making the drive to see us! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the conditions of the course and the layout. We hope to see you again soon!

"What a fun course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/06/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Poor weather Verified Purchaser

When we played our round the high that day was about 45 degrees and a little wet. We weren't able to get the full effect of the greens because there was still condensation still on the greens. it was by far one of the most beautiful courses I've ever played in Ohio. The course played very well that day despite the clubhouse (for food) was closed for the season. i would highly recommend the average golfer like myself to play this course.

Commented on 12/14/2015

Thank you for playing at The Quarry. We are so happy to hear that you had a great experience and enjoyed the beauty of the course. Thank you for the great recommedation! We hope to see you again soon.

"Par 3's are acceptable to a hole in one"

stotczar's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/06/2015
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Fair weather Verified Purchaser

The weather was very overcast, windy, sunny, had rained the night before but course conditions allowed 90 degrees. very limited play due to weather conditions so pace of play was how fast the three of us played. It was like having our own course. Leaves were controlled as best as can be considering the windy weather. Enjoyable day of golf and the hole in one made it even better. would agree that it is one of the best you can play according to Golfweek Magazine.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

Commented on 11/16/2015

Hi Stotczar,

Thank you for your review and congratulations on the hole in one! We are thrilled to hear that you read about us on Golfweek and decided to give us a chance. We hope you come back to see us again soon!