Quarry Golf Club

Dress code: Non-denim pants, skirts, shorts, and collared or mock shirts.

Green (W) 72 4878 yards 68.4 117

Average Rating 4.5 stars from 5

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city in the 'burbs   Great for wildlife/ scenic views advanced golfers a bucket list/top 100 pick   Challenges include elevation changes bunkers water hazards   Great for patio dining drinks 19th hole scenic views

"The condition of the course has gone downhill."

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/17/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

I played this course 5-6 years ago with a men's league. I thought it was great and suggested it to 4 couples who play Ohio courses one weekend each summer. We've played the Virtues for the past number of years and decided to try a couple of new courses. I was embarrassed by the condition of the course--especially the sand traps. This is a sign the course is being neglected. It's such a great layout--don't let it deteriorate. I will recommend it to a friend but with an asterisk beside "course condition".

"Best Course in the Area!!"

OhioKip's avatar
Ohio Advisor

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/16/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

I have reviewed The Quarry several times before, the course scenery, design, and enjoyment is the top in Northeast Ohio. It is a must play for every avid golfer, it is a resort style course close to home, great 19th hole, GPS in carts, vistas from all other the place, only a few houses on the course. It is a true golfing atmosphere.

It is unique to Northeast Ohio, not comparable to other courses on the hole, other than the best holes of some of the other top courses in the area, would be an average hole at the Quarry.

This course is for serious golfers, not friendly to beginners or novice players, too many forced carries. It is a difficult course, chances are you will not shot a low score.

I played in May and conditions were perfect, they were still good. Greens were a little bumpier (mind you they were perfect in May,) still better than most courses.

And I noticed more wet spots staked out in the fairway.

"Great layout"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/09/2017

Always fun to play the Quarry!! One of a kind layout. Challenging but definitely playable.

Response from The Quarry Golf Club on 06/13/2017:

"u224063181" thank you for the 5 star review! We appreciate your positive feedback and enjoy hearing how much fun you have on our challenging course. We hope to see you again soon for another round!

dkkim123's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/01/2017

Response from The Quarry Golf Club on 06/06/2017:

"dkkim123" thank you for the 5 star review! We appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon for another round.

"One of the very best in NE Ohio!!"

uPILL6319PI's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2017

2nd time I played here and worth the drive. Again the staff was exceptionally friendly and welcoming. Course conditions were almost impeccable. Beautifully scenic and interestingly challenging, I am delighted to say this is 1 of my top 3 in NE Ohio! Come play this course today!

Guy

Response from The Quarry Golf Club on 06/05/2017:

"uPILL6319PI" thank you for the 5 star review! We are happy to hear that you had an excellent experience with our staff, course conditions, and course layout! We are glad you enjoy the scenic views and look forward to seeing you again for another round.

"Good course, traps need work"

johnstepowoy's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/28/2017

The sand traps were not in great shape.

That is the only complaint I have, the layout was really nice. I'd definitely like to play it again, especially if the sand traps got cleaned up. It was like hitting out of a bunch of rocks. I'd be a little more forgiving on the trap conditions, but for what they normally charge for a round, you'd expect a little more.

I'd still recommend the course to anyone.

Response from The Quarry Golf Club on 05/31/2017:

"johnstepowoy" thank you for the 5 star review! We apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced with the sand traps. However, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed the layout, pace of play, and staff friendliness! We look forward to seeing you again soon for another round.

"# 3 public golf course in Ohio"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/23/2017

The course was in excellent condition -- This is a very scenic golf course and as a result it requires you to be careful with your golf shots. You need to hit to specific areas in order to score well. The greens will require you fullest attention in order to not 3 or 4 putt on a regular basis. This is must play golf course if you truly like golf.

Response from The Quarry Golf Club on 06/01/2017:

"u094354725" thank you for the 5 star review! We are happy to hear that the course was in excellent condition for you round and you love our scenic views! We appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon for another round.

"Most Unique, Dramatic Course in NEOhio, Great Course"

OhioKip's avatar
Ohio Advisor

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/22/2017
Previously played Used cart Cold weather

This is another great course from Akron based golf architect Brian Huntley (also designed Shale Creek, Deer Ridge, Eagle Creek, Kennsington, and Sanctuary). His designs are playable and fun, and the Quarry is his best work, in the most unique environment.

This is course should be played by every serious golfer at least once. But expect a challenge, expect to lose balls, expect to shoot a high score. Enjoy the good shots you hit on a beautiful course. This course is not for the beginner golfer or even a high handicap golfer who plays often, the course will frustrate with forced carries and required shot making needed to hit the greens and fairways. Its fairly open, more open than it looks. No flat lies on the course. It is a premier championship course and accommodations to match.

This course is unique to Northeast Ohio in the amount of elevation changes and vistas. Compared to other courses in the area, than might have one or two holes with intense elevation changes, the Quarry has them on nearly every hole. The design is enjoyable and fun, you can shoot you worst round of the year and still regard it as one of the best golf experiences your life.

The conditions were excellent, the greens were absolutely perfect. I have read some complaints of bunkers not being great, this is nonsense. ALL OF THE PLAYABLE BUNKERS ARE PERFECT. When I played the bunkers were wet from rain, but still really soft and playable. Not the rock hard bunkers you experience on most courses public courses. Some of the larger waste bunkers have grassy spots and look like they might be allowing them to slowly naturalize, this is obviously intentional and being done by nearly every course built in the last thirty years to save money. The greens were magnificent, rolled beautifully and were quite firm.

Response from The Quarry Golf Club on 06/08/2017:

"OhioKip" thank you for the 5 star review! We enjoy hearing what an excellent round you had at The Quarry Golf Club. We appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon for another round.

"Tight"

Craig1693174's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/17/2017

The course was in excellent condition EXCEPT for the sand traps (there are many), which were not good at all. Fantastic layout IF your game is in top shape - otherwise, expect to lose a bunch of golf balls - NO bailout areas on many holes. Bring a ball retriever!

Response from The Quarry Tee Times on 05/19/2017:

We regret to hear that the sand traps were not in ideal condition for your round! We will be sure to address this at the course and fix things accordingly. We are however, excited to hear that the rest of the course was in excellent condition and you enjoyed your round! We hope to see you again soon for another round.

"Beautiful Course"

jma2399's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/16/2017

Played 9 holes at The Quarry this afternoon and the course was in phenomenal shape. Nice layout with some challenges off the tee. Greens were soft but rolling fast and smooth. Staff was very friendly and lunch after the round was great. The water in the carts was a nice touch. I look forward to coming back for the back nine.

Response from The Quarry Tee Times on 05/18/2017:

"jma2399" thank you for the 5 star review! We love hearing that the course is in phenomenal shape, yet challenging for you! We look forward to having you back for another round.

"Amazing Experience"

Nostrus's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/10/2017

This was my 2nd time playing the Quarry, and I am extremely impressed with the course in total. It is beautiful, well maintained, very challenging, and the staff were accomodating and friendly. I really had a wonderful time, I'm sure it didn't hurt that I shot my first even par for 9 on this round... :)

Response from The Quarry Tee Times on 05/12/2017:

"Nostrus" thank you for the 5 star review! We are happy to hear that you were impressed with our course and think it is well maintained, beautiful, challenging, and that our staff is friendly! We hope to see you again soon for another round.

"The Quarry"

Robert4808984's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/30/2017

Great course layout. Fairways and greens were maintained. The rough was pretty well kept with the exception of dandelions. The biggest negative was that all of the sand traps were not maintained. Grass was growing in every single one of them so it made it impossible to play out of them.

Response from Quarry Tee Times on 05/03/2017:

We regret to hear of your poor experience with our sand traps. We are excited to hear that the course conditions and layout were great! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Scenery and challenging holes"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/16/2016

What a pleasure. There was no one on the course and we were left to enjoy our round with beautiful views and probably the most interesting course layout in the area. You have to play here once a year at least.

"Great layout...not much else"

ringorahul's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/08/2016

The course has an amazing look and feel. Definitely a challenging course that forces you to have good

Course management. Greens were pretty slow and fairways were pretty beat up. The GPS is great and needed as there are many blind shots. The pro shop was very basic and there was a wedding occurring as we finished which resulted in very delayed service at the bar.

Response from Quarry on 10/14/2016:

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the challenges that the course presents to golfers! We hope to see you back again soon!

"The course used to be awesome"

tmitch2070's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/06/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

The maintenance of the course was disappointing. The bunkers are filling in with grass and a lot of the sand has washed away. Every hole had issues with what appeared to be grubs and the ground was torn up at those spots and unplayable but were not marked as ground under repair or marked at all. The carts were not cleaned and the tire tread was worn to the point the carts was slow to turn on grass. The range was closed and the chipping green was unkept. There are much better values in the area for the money.

Response from Quarry on 10/14/2016:

We are very sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations this time. Please email us at AmyTeeTimes@yahoo.com to speak further regarding your experience. We look forward to hearing from you.

"A great challenge!"

Rodney4246966's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/26/2016

The traps were in need of maintenance so we raked and played them. The greens are large and in very good condition, with the right pin placements require a well placed approach shot, when missed demand an exacting pitch and putt to score well. A few blind shots require course knowledge. Views and landscapes are beautiful from many positions on the course. Overall had a great day but a little pricey.

Response from The Quarry on 10/10/2016:

Thank you very much for the 4 star rating! We are thrilled to hear that you had a great day! Come back and see us!

"Too Expensive For Course Conditions"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/25/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 9 holes Excellent weather

The course is well known for NE Ohio golfers. The layout and scenic views are best qualities for this course. Unfortunately, the price and course conditions are not great. I have golfed here every year for the past 5 years and when I golfed yesterday, I was shocked at how poor the course has been maintained. Greens dried out and cracking, tee boxes beat up, and sand traps hard as a rock with rocks in them. And to charge customers $32 for nine holes is horrible.

I would suggest getting a new grounds keeper manager or figure something out. Within 2-3 years it will not be a well known course to play at. It will be a well known course to stay away from.

Response from The Quarry on 10/10/2016:

We are sorry that we did not exceed your expectations. We would like to speak with you further offline. Please email us at AmyTeeTimes@yahoo.com.

"Beautiful Course Views That Challenges Your Game"

MindFields's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/21/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 9 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

The Quarry Golf Course was beautiful and challenging. The views were awesome so make sure you have your camera available to take pictures! The course allowed my Son-in-Law and me to play 18 holes without being paired up with another couple. This was fabulous because I am just learning the game of golf and my handicap is in the high twenties. This gave me the opportunity to play at my own speed and capabilities without being pressured by other players as well as not aggravating/discourage other players that would have been paired with us. My son-in-law loves this course and now I know why. I live in Las Vegas but next time I am back in Ohio I will definitely play the Quarry again! ;o)

Response from Quarry on 10/14/2016:

Wow! Thank you very much for the 5 star rating! We are thrilled to hear that you will play again when you are back in town. Come back sooner than later!

"Best course EVER"

Scott118's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/23/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

The Quarry continues to set the standard for a perfect golf experience. GREAT course conditions, exceptional layout, and extremely scenic this course is a MUST play in NE Ohio. 18-signature holes add up to a memorable round regardless of your score.

Commented on 09/07/2016

Scott118 - Wow! Thank you so much for the perfect 5 star rating! We are thrilled that you consider us to be a must play in NE Ohio! We hope to see you back on the course again soon!

"High voltage wires are in play across fairways."

u000002319051's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/29/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Great layout, but man made aerial hazards compromise the quality of the course.

Not as well maintained as its sister course Shale Creek, almost as if under staffed.

Commented on 08/09/2016

Thank you for choosing The Quarry! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the layout of the course and we hope to see you again soon!