Eagle Dunes Golf Club

Dress code: Proper golf attire such as collared shirts; no denim

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs convenient to the city   Great for locals advanced golfers seniors   Challenges include bunkers elevation changes undulating greens   Great for drinks

"Course has declined"

maddeck's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/14/2017

This is a fun layout, but has continued to decline over the past 3 times we have played it. Many of the fairways are chewed up and thinning. The greens we're always the best, speed and condition wise. Several were in rough shape and not as fast as they normally have been.

The price value at this time of year is not justified.

Will be taking a break from our normal rotation of Eagle Dunes.

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 10/16/2017:

Thanks maddeck for your review and feedback of our golf course. We apologize for the conditions of the course as our staff is working hard to get everything back up to par. Please come back and see us again soon once all the new changes have settled in.

"Forgettable day at Eagle Dunes"

pirate20's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/14/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather

I never write reviews because I'm always happy to play golf anywhere, but I have to say that our day at Eagle Dunes today was forgettable. I can't complain about the rain delay or the range balls we were offered for the inconvenience at the start. After about 30 minutes or so, which was how long we were told the delay was for, we approached the starter. It was rather obvious to me that this gentleman was overwhelmed with the task of deciding what order groups should be teeing off. As understandable as that was, it was more his indifference to the situation, and to all the waiting golfers that was disappointing. At that point, a foursome came up behind us, and said they had started on #18, so the starter allowed them to go ahead of all the groups, and tee off on #1??? The starter then told us to go over to #10 and find a twosome coming off #9, or go to the putting green or range and try to find a twosome to play with???? We did find a group coming off on #9, but it was a threesome. Eventually we got thru the back nine, only to get to the first tee, where we played behind a single who played 2 balls on the hole. We caught up to hime on the next tee, only to find a twosome there along with a foursome that had just teed off. It had been 3 hours, we had played 10 holes, and rather than endure more of the same, we decided we had had enough. I'm sure the course won't lose any sleep if they lose my business, but after traveling nearly an hour to a course with great reviews, I had to wonder if we could have done better...............

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 10/16/2017:

Thank you pirate20 for the feedback and we apologize for how this situation was handled. We could have done a better job organizing everyone, but it can be a challenge sometimes for our starters. Thank you for your patience and we will work to getting better here. Please come back and see us again soon as you are sure to have a much smoother experience.

"Good Golf"

cara3385's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/12/2017

I enjoy this challenging course and it’s layout. Gives you a lot of different looks. In good condition except for a few greens

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 10/16/2017:

Thanks Cara for the great 4-star review and feedback of our golf course. We are thrilled you had a good golfing experience and we hope to see you back again very soon!

"Eagle Dunes"

joebobgolf's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/11/2017

Some of the fairways on the front nine had weeds and crabgrass. A little maintenance would not hurt. The back nine seemed to be in better shape. Green were nice, smooth and quick. The course has a nice layout.

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 10/13/2017:

Thanks joebobgolf for your 4-star review and feedback. We very much appreciate you taking the time and we hope to see you back again very soon for more of the best golf in Sorrento, Florida.

"Great Time"

GratefulDuffer's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/09/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

I always enjoy playing Eagle Dunes. The staff is friendly, it's a great layout, and it is always in good condition. What more could you want?

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 10/13/2017:

Thank you GratefulDuffer for your 5-star review and feedback of Eagle Dunes GC. I appreciate you taking the time and I hope to see you back again very soon!

"Good course"

Woosnac's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/09/2017

It was worth the 45 min drive from the 192 to play this course. The greens were undulating and interesting. Our round was completed in 3 hours and that included waiting on some tees for the group in front. Although wet in parts, the areas were well protected with ropes and the course is well cared for. Look forward to playing this course again.

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 10/13/2017:

Thank you Woosnac for your review of our golf course. We are thrilled you think it is worth the drive and we hope to see you back again very soon!

"Flying High At Eagle Dunes"

remaurcable's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/30/2017
Previously played Wet weather

Had a great time with my buddy. They were nice enough to head out before our tee time since the course was wide open. Greens were in great condition, but the wind was a monster. The course drains well, didn't have to stick to rough only with the carts and we were thankful for it!! Staff is awesome course is awesome, nothing really compares for Lake County as far as value!!!

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 10/05/2017:

Thanks remaurcable for the fantastic 5-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon here at Eagle Dunes Golf Club.

"Well worth the drive"

Jgarrison's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/29/2017

When you drive 45 minutes to play a new course, you wonder at multiple points, "Is it worth it?"

The answer is yes for Eagle Dunes.

Fast, true greens in September in Orlando is no easy feat. But this course delivers. Dynamic routing allows you to hit every club in the bag. I do wish the par 5s were more reachable - they play long! And wide open fairways allow you to grip it and rip it.

Congrats on this gem north of Orlando!

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 10/02/2017:

Thank you jgarrison for your 5-star review and feedback of our golf course. We appreciate you taking the time. Please come back and see us again very soon!

"Best value in the area"

geriakt's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/28/2017

Eagle Dunes is not a country club, but I can tell the staff try hard to offer a nice course to play for the value of your money. Green are in great shape and speedy. Tee boxes are nice grass and cut. Some of the waste bunkers have been washed out from Irma but they are trying to improve them. Green side bunkers are being weeded and improved. This course has elevation changes which is nice for central FL. I am happy to drive 35 miles one way to play this course.

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 10/02/2017:

Thank you geriakt for your review and feedback of our golf course. We appreciate you taking the time and for the recommendation. Please let us know if you ever need anything and come back and see us again very soon!

"Super condition"

alagrama's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/28/2017

Great course. Tough layout. Very good condition. Greens fast. Will go back! Thanks.

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 10/02/2017:

Thank you alagrama for your 4-star review and feedback of our golf course. Please let us know if you ever need anything and come back and see us again very soon!

"Eagle dunes"

jcnp204's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/24/2017

Course was in great shape. Greens were also in great shape but alittle slow but held their line. Course was alot of fun to play.

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 09/27/2017:

Thank you jcnp204 for your review and feedback of Eagle Dunes Golf Club. We appreciate you taking the time and we love to hear you had a good time on the course. Please come back and see us again very soon!

"Slow play"

kevind1131's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/24/2017

Unfortunately I played on a day of a tournament. Starting after shotgun start 15 minutes later we encountered terrible slow play. 10 to 12 minutes every green. A wait of at least 10 minutes every tee box.. After 9 holes and 2 hours 40 minutes I left the course. Sorry I had such an unfortunatel experience on such a great course.

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 09/27/2017:

Thanks so much kevind1131 for your review and feedback. Come back and see us again very soon for more of the best golf in Sorrento, Florida.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/22/2017

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 09/25/2017:

Thanks so much for the great review of Eagle Dunes Golf Club. We love seeing you had such a great time on the course and we hope to see you back again very soon for more of the best golf in Sorrento, Florida.

"Nice overall experience"

ronbevinm's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/20/2017
Previously played Used cart Verified Purchaser

Course was in good shape considering hurricane Irma was a recent visitor.

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 09/25/2017:

Thanks ronbevinm for the 4-star review and feedback of our golf course. We love seeing you enjoyed the conditions even after the hurricane. Please come back and see us again very soon!

"Favorite"

Jose3372270's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/14/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

This is my home course since I live on property. I love this course really. My handicap is about a10 and this course is challenging which is what it should be when the wind picks up makes a completely different course becomes extremely challenging some may not like but as a person who strives to get better I welcome it. Probably best Greens in the area, that says a lot considering Timacuan, and red tail are neighbors. The layout is great for all handicaps the challenge comes in when you want to play precision golf and go after the flag. If your a bogey player you will enjoy yourself a great deal. If your par or below you will love the challenge it is very much a course management style of play, grip it and rip it on a couple of holes but for the most part pick your spots. Holes 4,9,12,17,18 are your go for it holes grip it and rip it. All others THINK FIRST. best and most accurate review you will get. Hopefully you read it all. Have fun and hit them straight. No I don't work for the course just love it that much. Oh by the way one negative if there is one, if you play on a Thursday call them up and ask if the moonlight tour is playing there that day, if they are it throws off the whole pace of play with the pro's playing there that day. But if they play there then you can imagine how nice the course is and the challenge.

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 09/19/2017:

Thanks Jose for the 5-star review and feedback. We are thrilled you continue to golf with us and we hope to see you back again very soon!

"Always a challenge"

evemiria68's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/03/2017

Had a great day Sunday. Course was a bit wet in areas but hey its been raining lately. The course was manicured well and grrens very slick even with all the rain. The pin placements were tricky and you best hit enough club to get to it otherwise you roll off the green into a collection area. Even on the green you had putts that were up and down hill so getting the speed down was a premium along with subtle but severe breaks. PAY ATTENTION and save the beer for after the round if you want to score. I will be back this weekend or early next week provided Irma doesn't waterlog the course.

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 09/05/2017:

Thanks evemiria68 for the 4-star review and feedback of our golf course and we appreciate you taking the time. Come back and see us again soon!

"Nice course, BAD traps"

Buzzyboo's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/30/2017

Nice course, wide open fairways. Greens are always in good shape and challenging. The majority of greenside bunkers are fine, but... some of the fairway bunkers/ waste areas are full of weeds and grass. Needs to be cleaned up. Otherwise a good time. Not overly crowded right now so I played in a little over 2 hours.

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 09/05/2017:

Thanks Buzzyboo for the 4-star review and feedback of Eagle Dunes Golf Club here in Sorrento, Florida. Come back and see us again soon for more of the best golf in the Orlando area.

"Good Condition Always"

evemiria68's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/28/2017

Love the layout and elevation changes. Greens are slick even with all the rain we have had . Course was manicured nicely on the periphery. Always a great value especially week days. I play here at least once a month or more. I will probably be booking again next week because the its such a challenge, cared for and the super professional staff.

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 08/31/2017:

Thanks evemiria68, we appreciate your 5-star rating and review. Please come back and see us again very soon!

"Fun"

JPearson13's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/24/2017

Eagles Duns is a fun course! Generally you can see where you are supposed to hit the ball. Greens were ok as they had been sanded recently.

I played in under 2 hours because my tee time was early afternoon. Staff has always been friendly and helpful.

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 08/28/2017:

Thanks, JPearson13 for the 4-star review and feedback of our golf course. We appreciate you taking the time and we hope to see you back again very soon!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/22/2017

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 08/25/2017:

Thank you Lamottemb for your 4-star review of Eagle Dunes Golf Club. Please come back and see us again very soon!