Eagle Dunes Golf Club

Dress code: Proper golf attire such as collared shirts; no denim

Average Rating 4.1 stars from 5

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs convenient to the city   Great for locals advanced golfers seniors   Challenges include bunkers elevation changes undulating greens   Great for drinks

"Very laid back course"

ffochuck's avatar
Plays:  Twice a year

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/10/2017

We wore sneakers and had a great time on this rolling course. Very beautiful. The course could use cart paths throughout instead of the sections but aside from that it's perfect. Great experience

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 06/12/2017:

Thank you ffochuck for your 5-star review and feedback of our golf course. We appreciate you taking the time and are thrilled to see you had a great experience on the course. Come back and see us again very soon!

"Great place to play"

uBVEW1511BV's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/09/2017

Greens were fairly fast and undulated. Course was filled in nicely. Some bare spots. Overall a good experience.

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 06/16/2017:

Thank you so much for the 4-star review and feedback of our golf course. We love hearing you had a good experience with us and we hope you will come back and see us again very soon!

"Great links style course"

Scotted12's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/05/2017

This was my 2nd time playing here, the first about 5 yrs ago, though I always come here to use the driving range. From Tee to Green the course was in great shape which is remarkable considering the lack of rain this year. Hats off to the course workers. I was told when I checked in the speed of the greens was about 9 1/2 on the stimpmeter. He wasn't kidding. I love fast greens though not necessarily a links style course. Just my personal preference. But the fast greens is what will bring me back as the friendliness of the staff. If you want a course that is in great shape with fast greens then this is your place. If I could make one suggestion to really make it special, build a clubhouse. In the meantime maybe expand your menu a little. Not everyone like a burger or hot dog.

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 06/08/2017:

Thank you Scotted12 for the 4-star review and feedback of our golf course. We love hearing you continue to visit us throughout the years and the course was to your liking. Please let us know if you ever need anything and come back and see us again very soon!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/05/2017

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 06/08/2017:

Thank you so much for the fantastic 5-star review and we hope to see you back again very soon for more of the best golf in Sorrento, Florida.

Francis1842008's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/02/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 06/05/2017:

Thank you Francis for your 5-star review and feedback of Eagle Dunes Golf Club. Please let us know if you ever need anything and come back and see us again.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/01/2017

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 06/05/2017:

Thank you so much for your 4-star review and feedback of Eagle Dunes Golf Club. Please let us know if you ever need anything and come back and see us again very soon!

"Good layout"

dhaylett's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/22/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

What I look for in a course layout is a sense that every hole is different. I played this course at about 6000 yards. Surprisingly, there was a lot of up and down hill holes. The name Dunes is quite accurate. Once we get some good solid rains, I think this course will green up and be a true joy and challenge for all golfers. It is not overly difficult since most holes are reasonably open. You pay a price for a poor shot with the bunkering and the waste areas, but losing balls and going OB require a seriously poor shot.

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 05/26/2017:

Than you dhaylett for you review and feedback of our golf course. We love hearing you enjoyed the variety in the golf course and we hope to see you back again very soon!

cliburn's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/19/2017

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 05/23/2017:

Thank you cliburn for your 5-star review and feedback of our golf course. We are thrilled you had a good time on the course and we hope to see you back again soon!

"The whole of Florida needs rain"

raegladwin's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/19/2017

Eagle Dunes is no exception. There are tight lies everywhere which is not a problem unless you are accustomed to your ball sitting up on a lush green sward lol.

Welcome in the Pro Shop was friendly and they were expecting us which is always a bonus.

The course layout is good, varied and interesting. There are a couple of road crossovers but the roads service a gated community so traffic is very light, infrequent even. We were allowed to ground our clubs in both waste sand areas and bunkers although habit prevailed and hazards got the 'hover'.

The Starter was lovely, laid back and chatty. The Course Marshall was even more friendly. We were held up by a couple of four balls (always going to be the case when playing as a two) and he came back to us to explain the situation and generally chew the fat in the nicest way, lovely guy.

Last time we played here maybe Feb four years ago there had been a frost. I can confidently assert that there wasn't any frost on 19th May. Cloudy, but by jeez it was hot and muggy.

Nothing to do with anything other than personal preference but they have electric buggies (carts) which I much prefer to the petrol ones which can be noisy and smelly.

The Clubhouse is very limited in what it can offer, not sue you can get food other than chocky bars, etc., although you can get a cold beer which was what I needed after our game. There was a cart out on the course with a very pleasant lady who sold us a can of Monster drink and a grape juice for $8.00 which I thought was a bit pricey.

Took us just under an hour to get there from Turkey Lake Road, Orlando but not a bad drive and didn't resent the travel time at all given our enjoyable experience.

Would certainly go back. Yes it has some short comings but not enough to put me off.

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 05/22/2017:

Thank you raegladwin for your 4-star review and feedback of our golf course. We appreciate you taking the time and we are thrilled you said you would be back. Please let us know if you ever need anything and we look forward to seeing you again very soon!

"Great Values year round"

DWIGHT7650959's avatar

Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Eagle Dunes was enjoyable this go round. The only other time I played it was back in Oct 2016, only Front Nine. And this is not to say it wasn't nice the first time. Played all 18 this time and was joined on 2nd hole by a gent who plays there regularly. Staff at Pro Shop and Grill are very polite. Course has many sets of tees and presents challenges. Even with extreme dry conditions here in Central Fl, greens received shots nicely. Fairways ran out a bit. Greens rolled true with decent speed. Starter could have been present to initiate pairings would be only critique. Also even though there may be a lot of tee times available on GN.com, based on my viewings, plan on there being a good amount of walk-up play as well.

For the money - WELL WORTH IT and will be back!

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 05/18/2017:

Thank you DWIGHT for your review and feedback of our golf course. We are so happy you came back to see us and had a great round. Please let us know if you ever need anything while you are here and please come back and see us again very soon!

keithgcowan's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/16/2017

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 05/17/2017:

Thank you keithgcowan for your 4-star review and feedback of our golf course. We are thrilled you had a good time on the course and we hope to see you back again very soon!

"We Need Rain!!"

hsr808's avatar

Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Considering our current drought situation the course in in decent shape. You can tell they are doing the best they can to keep the course playable with the lack of rain. Fairways are tight and the greens not to receptive, but honestly still one of the best plays in town. Most every course around town is in this shape at the moment..and the price for Eagle Dunes is worth it.

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 05/17/2017:

Thank you so much for your review and feedback of our golf course. We are so happy you had a good time on the course considering the lack of rain. Thanks for the recommendation and we hope to see you back again very soon!

"Great Course...Worth the drive"

Rjmaisen's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/13/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Not my first time to Eagle Dunes but I brought a friend for the first time. We were treated very nicely and quickly by the staff. The price was good. While every course in Central Florida is dealing with the lack of rain (and yes there are some tee boxes and some areas off the fairway that are burned out or barren), the course on a whole was in good shape and the greens were amazing. They were well maintained (not many ball marks) receptive, and fast without being impossible. A local favorite of mine.

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 05/17/2017:

Thank you Rjmaisen for your review and feedback of our golf course. We love hearing our staff took such great care of you and your guests and we hope to see you back again very soon!

dfancher1's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/12/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 05/17/2017:

Thank you dfancher1 for your review and feedback of our golf course. It is fantastic to see you enjoyed the change from the flat land and we hope to see you again very soon!

"Blustery day!"

Adam7063685's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/06/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

The temps were mild, but the 20 to 25 mph winds played with your head. Sean and his crew have done yeoman's work keeping the fairways green and the greens beautiful in spite of the dry weather. Today I returned to work, so of course the winds laid down and the beautiful weather persisted as I viewed it from my office window. Eagle Dunes is my home course and I am truly blessed.

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 05/15/2017:

Thank you Adam for your 5-star review and feedback of our golf course. We are thrilled you had good time on the course, besides all the wind that day and we hope to see you back again very soon!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/04/2017

Really good shape greens,the wind effects the ball flight on more half the holes,little dry in the fairways like everywhere in the area.

"needs bunker work"

amalfitano111's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/03/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

course layout was very good the fairways were a little sparse on grass due to the lack of rain the bunkers around the greens had very little sand in them and were like hard pan but I still enjoyed the course and will play again when the draught is over.

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 05/15/2017:

Thank you so much for your review and feedback of our golf course. We love hearing you enjoyed the layout and will be back. Please let us now if you ever need anything and we hope o see you back again very soon!

"Excellent"

Gareth2541563's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/26/2017

Long drive from Kissimmee but well worth it for $20 first class course very fair didn't lose a ball

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 04/28/2017:

Thank you Gareth for your 4-star review and feedback of our golf course. It is fantastic to hear that you see the value in golfing here and well worth the drive. Please come back and see us again very soon!

"1st Timer"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2017

liked the course, fair, yet challenging. fairways could use thicker grass, some lies extremely tight! greens good yet challenging. pace of play little slow, had fairly large groups in front of us. wish I knew that before booking time. would play it again in a heartbeat knowing what I learned on layout and greens. recommend it, 4.5 stars!

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 04/24/2017:

Thank you 23mack23 for the 4-star review nad feedback of our golf course. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed the round and we hope to see you back again very soon!

"Dunes"

Corey1115785's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/19/2017

Love Eagle Dunes. A bit of a drive but well worth it. Does not feel like a Florida course. Very dry conditions this time. Need some rain.

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 04/24/2017:

Thank you Corey for the review and 4-stars. We are thrilled you think its worth the drive and we hope to see you back again very soon!