Eagle Dunes Golf Club

Gift this Course
  • 24000 Marbella Dr , Sorrento, FL 32776, United States
  • www.eagledunes.com

Year built: 2003
Architect(s): Mike Dasher (2003)
Type: Semi-Private
Greens: TifEagle Grass
Fairways: Bermuda Grass

Dress code: Proper golf attire such as collared shirts; no denim

Tees | Layout

Average Rating 4.1 stars from 5

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs convenient to the city   Great for locals advanced golfers seniors   Challenges include bunkers elevation changes undulating greens   Great for drinks

"Like the layout."

uTMLM7503TM's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/16/2017

Some of the tees could use work. Greens in much better shape than tees. Fairways cut a little short which may have contributed to dry and hard condition. Round took about 4.5 hours. Started on time but had twosomes behind and in front of our threesome. Carts were good. Lots of bunkers but could use more sand in the green side ones.

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 01/20/2017:

Thank you so much for your review of our golf course. We appreciate your time and our so happy you enjoyed the carts and course. Please let us know if you ever need anything and come back and see us again soon for more golf in Sorrento, Florida.

"Nice layout, coures is in great shape."

ribeyeman's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/12/2017

Fun course, lots of sand. Large fast greens. Had a great time.

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 01/17/2017:

Thank you ribeyeman for the 5-star review and feedback of Eagle Dunes Golf Club. We are so happy you found it to be a fun course and enjoyed the large fast greens. Come back and see us again soon for more golf in the Sorrento, Florida area.

uEWRZ2222EW's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/11/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 01/17/2017:

Thank you so much for the 4-star review! Please come back and see us again soon for golf in Sorrento, Florida here at Eagle Dunes Golf Club.

Uscbsand14's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/26/2016

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 01/06/2017:

Thank you Uscbsand14 for your review and feedback. We are so happy you enjoyed the course and we hope you will continue to come back and play Eagle Dunes Golf Club here in Sorrento, Florida again.

"Horrible pace of play"

tlopez62's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/26/2016
First time playing Used cart Windy weather

Played this course for the first time today. HUGE Mistake.

A 6 hour round under these very less than stellar conditions makes for a very frustrated player.Did not see ONE ranger all day.

Saw a five some on one green. One most of the holes today, there were groups on the green, one in the fairway, and at least 2 groups waiting on each tee box.

Never again.

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 01/06/2017:

Thank you tlopez62 for your review and feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience of the long pace of play as we always monitoring this and try to accommodate all of our golfers, but it can be a challenge sometimes. Please come back and see us again soon as we are sure it will be much faster next time.

"Might be the best greens in Florida!!"

duffer6275's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/14/2016

I played here several months back and was very happy then, but now, my snowbird brother in law is here, so I broke out the big gun and bought us a round. We had a 6:56 tee time, but the fog was a wee bit thick - finally able to tee off at 7:15 - no rush or hurry as we were following a very brave 2-some who we lost sight of in the fog.......can you say FORE!!! My brother in law kept raving about the pace of play, even after the fog lifted, we rarely saw the 2-some the rest of the day. We never saw the 4-some behind us, and finished out round in a little over 3 hours. The greens were fabulous, rolling true and quick. The fairways were nearly as smooth as the greens. The rough was a little gnarly (mowed, but still ball clutching) but you expect that in a Florida course. There are only a few holes with water and a few truly memorable par 3's. The par 5's are beasts. I improved upon my score from the first time playing here and shot a nice 88 with 35 putts. My brother in law shot his best round of the year with a 104 - we are coming back to play here again before Christmas and probably every other week after that - we like to mix things up, but this course is just to good to not play more frequently

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 01/06/2017:

Thank you duffer for the review and 5-stars! Thanks for bringing your brother in law to Eagle Dunes Golf Club and we are so happy you had an all around great experience at the course. Please come back and see us again soon for more golf in the Sorrento, FL area.

Neil8140's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/12/2016
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

A little disappointed in the course. Was in poor condition especially the fairways.

Greens were good although a little two paced.

Enjoyed the course and if in better condition would have been an excellent chpice for the price

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 01/06/2017:

Thank you Neil for the review and feedback of our golf course. We have worked very hard on course conditions and hope you will come back and see us again very soon with all the new changes in place!

"Great layout in my top 10 in central Florida"

mboz's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/05/2016

Course is in great shape I love the par 3s par 4s are really tough for most part and the par fives are reachable.Play from the whites which are over 6000 yards a bit long for me. Still shot mid 80s. I love this Golf Course I put it five times and I'll play again several more times The staff was very friendly and enjoyable...

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 01/06/2017:

Thank you mboz for the 5-star review and feedback of Eagle Dunes Golf Club. We are so happy you had a good time on the course and hope you will continue to golf with us throughout the season. Come back and see us again soon for more golf in the Sorrento, Florida area.

"Eagle Dunes"

polszewski3's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/25/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

This is a great course for any skill level player. There is plenty of sand and many forced carries. The greens are fast and true and add to the difficulty.

"'Porta Potties'......."

dobbies's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/24/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

Since reading the review from a month ago (30/10/16) from another player and his party who played Eagle Dunes......we also found the condition of the porta potties in the VERY SAME condition.....FILTHY!! Nothing seemed to have been done to clean them up.....we have complained probably four or five times this year to the clubhouse already. We have played there many times and have NEVER seen them clean. We.ve seen cleaner ones on a building site. Come on Eagle Dunes, take action this time before you loose any more players. Your course is very pleasant but your players deserve better on course facilities.

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 01/06/2017:

Thank you dobbies for your review. We are aware of the problem and are actively taking steps to clean them. Please come back and see us again soon as we hope you will be pleasantly surprised!

"Nice for Seniors"

u000004752027's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/23/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

Good course for seniors.

Can be difficult from rear tees for shorter hitters.

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 01/06/2017:

Thank you so much for your review and feedback of our golf course. We are so happy you think our course is great for seniors and we hope you will let us know if you ever need anything while you are here. Please come back and see us again soon for more golf in Sorrento, Florida.

"Fivesomes on a Sunday morning"

scottnelson80's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/13/2016

Seriously! We had the 8.30 teetime on Sunday. Paid a premium $47.99 for it. Had a fivesome in front all day. Even with a Ranger on course. So if you want to play fivesomes on Sunday morning I suggest Eagle Dunes is your kind of place. As for me, it'll never happen again.

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 11/15/2016:

Thank you scottnelson80 for your review and feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have expereinced because of pace of play. You should have been allowed to play through the group ahead, but it can be quite challenging to accomodate everyone all the time, but we try very hard. We hope this will not keep you from playing here and you will continue to come back and play Eagle Dunes Golf Club here in Sorrento, Florida again. Book your next tee time quick and easy here at www.eagledunes.com

"Average course"

Dodger57's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/07/2016

Eagle Dunes is a nice well conditioned course. It is not that challenging as it is wide open off the tees and there are not many trees lining the fairways. Greens were very nice and could have been a bit faster. If you play don't go in the bunker right of the 18th green you may never get out! Overall a nice course but I like a more classic design.

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 11/09/2016:

Thank you Dodger57 for your review and feedback. We are thrilled you enjoyed all aspects of the golf course especially the course conditions as our staff has worked very hard on them. We hope you will continue to come back and play Eagle Dunes Golf Club here in Sorrento, Florida again. Book your next tee time quick and easy here at www.eagledunes.com

"Thoroughly enjoyed our first time playing this course"

uLNYO4931LN's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/02/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

This is different from many Florida courses that we have played. The greens ran well and you really needed to be near the pin to make a certain two putt. Some interesting water holes and all greens elevated.,. Quite a natural looking course with well placed bunkers. We will definiely go back again.

The staff werre all very friendly.

Take your directions from the course website not golfnow.com which sends you to the wrong place

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 11/07/2016:

Thank you very much for your review. We are thrilled you enjoyed all aspects of the golf course and we hope you will continue to come back and play Eagle Dunes Golf Club here in Sorrento, Florida again and please let us know if you ever need anything while you are here. Book your next tee time quick and easy here at www.eagledunes.com

"No bathrooms!!#"

Brian4298920's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/30/2016

Average layout average to good shape . weeds in some fairways good greens tho. however we needed to use the restroom and there are 2 Porta potties on course. the lady in our group was especially upset and swore she'd never go back until they have a decent place to call a restroom....the Porta potties were filthy and stunk....not being picky but human beings have to use the bathroom.....the dirtiest gas station bathrooms have better accommodations than this golf courses facilities. AT least they have sinks. ..Cmon eagle dunes invest in restrooms

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 11/02/2016:

Thank you Brian for your review. We apologize for the inconvenience with the bathrooms as were are actively working on a solution here. We hope you will continue to come back and play Eagle Dunes Golf Club here in Sorrento, Florida again and please let us know if you ever need anything while you are here. Book your next tee time quick and easy here at www.eagledunes.com

"great golf course"

mikel0's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/29/2016

I had heard from several people about this course.It was as nice as they said it would be.Good fairways and nice greens.The greens weren't as fast to me as everyone said but that all depends on the greens you are used to.The were smooth and faster than many of the courses we have played in Florida.The drive for us was an hour and forty five minutes and I will do it again.

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 11/02/2016:

Thank youMike10 for your 5-star review and feedback about our golf club. We are so happy you love the course and we hope you will continue to come back and play Eagle Dunes Golf Club here in Sorrento, Florida again. Book your next tee time quick and easy here at www.eagledunes.com

"Eagle Dune - hidden gem"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/29/2016

Wonderful course and awesome value. I have played there three times and the course is always in great shape.

I would highly recommend this course.

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 11/02/2016:

Thank you for your 5-star review. We are very happy you enjoyed the golf course and we hope you will continue to come back and play Eagle Dunes Golf Club here in Sorrento, Florida again. Book your next tee time quick and easy here at www.eagledunes.com

"Great layout, poor pace of play"

ajskillman's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/23/2016

This was my first time out to Eagle Dunes and I was pleasantly surprised. The layout was phenomenal and a decent challenge from 7,000 yds. Greens were all you could ask for at $40. Smooth, consistent and running in the 10 range for speed. The rough and bunkers could use some TLC and plenty of weed killer, but I had zero issues with tees or fairways.

My only gripe is that we started just before 9 and the round took nearly 5 hours. Our group had its share of struggles, but we still waited on EVERY shot. The ranger came out on the fifth hole, turned around and we never saw him again.

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 10/27/2016:

Thank you ajskillman for your 4-star review. We are very happy to pleasantly surprise you with the layout and conditions We hope you will continue to come back and play Eagle Dunes Golf Club here in Sorrento, Florida again. Book your next tee time quick and easy here at www.eagledunes.com

"Smooth Fast Greens"

Ferrero1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/13/2016

Great conditions on the course. Rough was fair not impossible. Greens rolled smooth and fast just like I like them. Beautiful vistas and elevation changes. The course challenges your game. Used every club in my bag. Will be back soon.

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 10/14/2016:

Thank you Ferrero for your review and feedback of our golf course. We appreciate you taking the time and are very pleased you enjoyed all aspects of the course. Please let us know if you ever need anything and come back and see us again soon!

"Served purpose"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/08/2016

After the hurricane we were looking for a course open and dry. This was ,however I will not be rushing back. Course ok,some of the holes were nothing holes with very poor thought behind. Hit a good shot to nothing,if that makes sense.thanks but won't be rushing back

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 10/10/2016:

Thank you so much for your review and feedback of our golf course. We appreciate you taking the time and we are happy you were able to get a round in after the hurricane. Please come back and see us again soon as we are always making improvements to the course layout. Hope to see you again very soon!