Eagle Dunes Golf Club

Dress code: Proper golf attire such as collared shirts; no denim

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs convenient to the city   Great for locals advanced golfers seniors   Challenges include bunkers elevation changes undulating greens   Great for drinks

"The Gem of Central Florida"

sggray98's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/30/2017

I've played this course many times during the year and it continues to set the standards for the condition of it's greens. They are absolutely excellent. They hold your shots into them, are fairly fast and yet very smooth. This time of year in Central Florida is the re-seeding of fairways and tee boxes. It's coming along nicely at this course and with a few good rains should make everything lush for our harsh winter (that's a joke!).

I highly recommend this course for anyone who wants an enjoyable round of golf.

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 12/08/2017:

Thanks sggray9 for the 4-star review and feedback on our golf course. We appreciate you taking the time and we hope to see you back again very soon!

"NIce fast greens"

Buzzyboo's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/21/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

The greens were definitely the highlight of the course. Overall the course is in good shape, not great but good. The fairways are thin in spots but not bare. We rolled the ball to the nearest patch of grass that we could hit the ball off of. Staff always friendly. Basic fair in the clubhouse.

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 11/27/2017:

Thanks Buzzyboo for the fantastic 5-star review of Eagle Dunes Golf Club. We appreciate you taking the time and we love seeing you enjoyed your round on one of the best golf courses in the area. Please let us know if you ever need anything and come back and see us again soon!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/20/2017

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 11/27/2017:

Thanks for the fantastic 4-star review of Eagle Dunes Golf Club. We appreciate you taking the time and we love seeing you enjoyed your round on one of the best golf courses in the area. Come back and see us again soon!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/14/2017
Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 11/17/2017:

Thanks jlarrymc42 for your 5-star review and feedback on our golf course. We love seeing you had a good time on the course and we hope to see you back again for more of the best golf in Orlando, Florida.

"Directions"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/13/2017

The directions given through the app were no where near the course. But entered address into GPS and it got me there

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 11/16/2017:

Thanks for the great 4-star review. We are happy to see you were able to find Eagle Dunes Golf Club and we hope to see you back again soon!

"Sad decline"

dobbies's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/08/2017

This course is very sadly in decline. I once told all my friends to come play it ,now I would not wish to meet my friends here. The tee boxes have more weeds than grass. The fairways are in poor state of repair, the areas off the fairways is really in dire need of some TLC.. As for the bunkers they are in terrible condition I have photos to proof it but can not find how to upload the photos to show.. They are over run with grass and machinery tracks the worst grading job I have ever seen.. So Sad

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 11/10/2017:

Thanks dobbies for your review. We apologize for your experience on the course as our staff is working hard on getting the course back up to par. Please come back and see us again very soon once all the new changes go in place.

"nice links style"

SOUTHRIDGE's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/07/2017

This place can be a little crowed at times but the last time everyone was aware of the pace of play and things went quite smoothly. Fairways are drying out this time of year and a little on the hard side which is great for that extra 30 yards of roll...lol. We play here at least once every 6 weeks and its a big part of our regular rotation. One of our favorites.Elevation changes are a nice change from the regular flat courses.

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 11/10/2017:

Thanks SOUTHRIDGE for your 4-star review. We love seeing you had a good time on the course and we hope you will come back and see us again very soon!

"Better days...."

dobbies's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/06/2017

Eagle Dunes has seen better days...rough was thick but not in good condition either...inconsistent. The bunkers....were not bunkers...they were falling in and many were covered in grass and weeds. Just not the same golf course we played in April sadly.

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 11/08/2017:

Thanks for your review of our golf course. We apologize for the conditions as our staff is working hard on getting everything back up to par. Please come back and see us again soon once all the new changes have settled in.

"Rounding in to Shape"

GratefulDuffer's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/04/2017

I love playing this course. Challenging, friendly staff, greens are always excellent. The coursing is drying out from all the rain and rounding in to shape quite nicely.

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 11/08/2017:

Thanks for the fantastic review of Eagle Dunes Golf Club. Please let us know if you ever need anything and come back and see us again very soon!

"Needs a do over badly"

uTHSN7736TH's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/28/2017

Fairways barely any grass .... a challenge to get a decent lie....if you get in the rough ... forget about it. Greens...ok....was a good course...not anymore...too bad....hope they can bring it back

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 10/30/2017:

Thank you for your review of our golf course. We appreciate you taking the time and we apologize for your experience in regards to the conditions. We will address these issues immediately and hope to see you back again very soon!

"Under Poor Management"

OuiNon's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/26/2017
Previously played Perfect weather

Management is raking in the dollars but the overall condition of the course is poor and pace of play is s-o s-l-o-w. Fairways and tees are threadbaren and the greens, while fast, are dull and colorless like the rest of the course. Manager has little respect for golfers and broken promises for improvements have faded from manager's memory. If you like plenty of weeds in the bunkers you might enjoy playing here. Spend your dollars and time elsewhere is my recommendation. One more thing - it is always nice to have to start a round on the 10th hole to get out of rhythm on a perfect weather day and then finish the round by sitting in a permanent trailer clubhouse with some overpriced refreshments.

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 10/30/2017:

Thanks OuiNon for your review. We appreciate you taking the time and we are so sorry for the conditions as our staff is working hard on getting everything back up to par. Please come back and see us again soon with all the new changes in place.

"Nice course at one time."

Fredwin's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/26/2017

This is a nice layout and with the hard times for golf courses in these times this course shows it. But it was a nice day for golf.

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 10/30/2017:

Thanks Fredwin for your review of Eagle Dunes Golf Club. We appreciate you taking the time and we hope to see you back again very soon for more great golf in Sorrento, Florida.

"Never surprised, just disappointed"

u000001969551's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/21/2017

Management is not maintaining the course except for the greens. Fairways bare, crab grass, from tee to green. We have seen many courses close and this course looks like they are at risk of same. This course is notorious for slow play, #10 50 yds from pro shop is 15 minute delay? Management disrespects the customer when they cannot have play in 4 hours. No excuses. Have golfers insure fast play with their cell phones. Any business that does not respect customer will not survive regardless the price.

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 10/25/2017:

Thanks so much for your review and feedback Eagle Dunes Golf Club. We appreciate you taking the time and apologize for the conditions of the course. Please know our staff is working tirelessly to get everything back up to par and we hope to see you back again very soon!

"Excellent Value"

GratefulDuffer's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/21/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Course is in really good shape. Some weeds in the bunkers but I'm sure it is temporary. They always have excellent smooth greens and it's just a great place to play.

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 10/25/2017:

Thanks GratefulDuffer for your 4-star review and feedback Eagle Dunes Golf Club. We appreciate you taking the time and apologize for the conditions of the course. Please know our staff is working tirelessly to get everything back up to par and we hope to see you back again very soon!

"Not at it's best but don't pass it by"

Bill1863228's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/19/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

I've played ED many times over the years. Even is the rough and boxes are a little shabby, they will always have some of the best rolling greens around. It's been very wet around here and there are still a few GUR spots roped off. Don't let this keep you from playing the very special course!

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 10/25/2017:

Thanks Bill for your 4-star review and feedback of Eagle Dunes Golf Club. We appreciate you coming out to the course and we hope to see you back again once all the new changes have settled in.

"Course has declined"

maddeck's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/14/2017

This is a fun layout, but has continued to decline over the past 3 times we have played it. Many of the fairways are chewed up and thinning. The greens we're always the best, speed and condition wise. Several were in rough shape and not as fast as they normally have been.

The price value at this time of year is not justified.

Will be taking a break from our normal rotation of Eagle Dunes.

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 10/16/2017:

Thanks maddeck for your review and feedback of our golf course. We apologize for the conditions of the course as our staff is working hard to get everything back up to par. Please come back and see us again soon once all the new changes have settled in.

"Forgettable day at Eagle Dunes"

pirate20's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/14/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather

I never write reviews because I'm always happy to play golf anywhere, but I have to say that our day at Eagle Dunes today was forgettable. I can't complain about the rain delay or the range balls we were offered for the inconvenience at the start. After about 30 minutes or so, which was how long we were told the delay was for, we approached the starter. It was rather obvious to me that this gentleman was overwhelmed with the task of deciding what order groups should be teeing off. As understandable as that was, it was more his indifference to the situation, and to all the waiting golfers that was disappointing. At that point, a foursome came up behind us, and said they had started on #18, so the starter allowed them to go ahead of all the groups, and tee off on #1??? The starter then told us to go over to #10 and find a twosome coming off #9, or go to the putting green or range and try to find a twosome to play with???? We did find a group coming off on #9, but it was a threesome. Eventually we got thru the back nine, only to get to the first tee, where we played behind a single who played 2 balls on the hole. We caught up to hime on the next tee, only to find a twosome there along with a foursome that had just teed off. It had been 3 hours, we had played 10 holes, and rather than endure more of the same, we decided we had had enough. I'm sure the course won't lose any sleep if they lose my business, but after traveling nearly an hour to a course with great reviews, I had to wonder if we could have done better...............

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 10/16/2017:

Thank you pirate20 for the feedback and we apologize for how this situation was handled. We could have done a better job organizing everyone, but it can be a challenge sometimes for our starters. Thank you for your patience and we will work to getting better here. Please come back and see us again soon as you are sure to have a much smoother experience.

"Great course"

Justin6952677's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/13/2017

As usual, Eagle Dunes was great. A little wet, but this area is still water logged from Hurricane Irma. One my faves

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 10/19/2017:

Thanks Justin for your 5-star review and feedback of our golf course. We appreciate you taking the time are thrilled you enjoyed yourself on the course. Please let us know if you ever need anything and please come back and see us again soon here in Sorrento, Florida.

"Good Golf"

cara3385's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/12/2017

I enjoy this challenging course and it’s layout. Gives you a lot of different looks. In good condition except for a few greens

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 10/16/2017:

Thanks Cara for the great 4-star review and feedback of our golf course. We are thrilled you had a good golfing experience and we hope to see you back again very soon!

"Eagle Dunes"

joebobgolf's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/11/2017

Some of the fairways on the front nine had weeds and crabgrass. A little maintenance would not hurt. The back nine seemed to be in better shape. Green were nice, smooth and quick. The course has a nice layout.

Response from Eagle Dunes Golf Club on 10/13/2017:

Thanks joebobgolf for your 4-star review and feedback. We very much appreciate you taking the time and we hope to see you back again very soon for more of the best golf in Sorrento, Florida.