Brentwood Golf Club - Hillside/Diablo Course

• 100 Summerset Dr, Brentwood, California 94513, Contra Costa County
  • www.thegolfclubatbrentwood.com

Year built: 1994
Architect(s): Ted Robinson, Sr. (1994)
Type: Public
Greens: Rye grass
Fairways: Rye grass

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Location is in the 'burbs worth the drive convenient to the city   Great for locals seniors 9-hole rounds   Challenges include water hazards bunkers forced carries   Great for drinks patio dining brunch

"My Assessment"

kamleon's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/18/2017

Played many times and enjoyed the golf course and its many amenities. It's a fun golf course comprised of 3 -9 hole courses. Certain holes are very challenging, but the course overall is fair. You hit a good shot and you will be rewarded. They could attract a lot more senior customers like me if their discounted week day rounds were better advertised. I have a regular weekly foursome of "fixed income" and we play all over the E, Bay wherever senior discounts are offered--from Monarch Bay and Skywest to Deer Ridge and Delta View. We have to search vigorously to stumble over discounted rounds for seniors at Brentwood. Too bad.

Response from Brentwood Golf Club on 10/20/2017:

Hello kamleon, thank you for the four-star review. We appreciate your feedback about discounts for seniors but we are glad you enjoyed our course and amenities. Thank you for playing Brentwood Golf Club and we hope to see you again soon!

"No Mas"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/15/2017

I continue to see the course go from a good golf course to a poor one. The course is in horrible condition. I travel 39 miles to play here but no more.

I'll go elsewhere to play.

Response from Brentwood Golf Club on 10/20/2017:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our course. We appreciate your feedback about our course conditions, we will escalate your feedback to the appropriate departments. Thank you for playing Brentwood Golf Club and we hope to earn your business again.

bridgestone12's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/15/2017

Brentwood is at a point of no return. Each time we play this course, it's condition gets worse. Suggest that they close for two months, hire a greens keeper and landscape professional and bring this course back where it should be.

Response from Brentwood Golf Club on 10/18/2017:

Hello bridgestone12, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our course. We appreciate your feedback about our course conditions, we will escalate it to the appropriate departments. Thank you for playing Brentwood Golf Club and we hope to earn your business again.

johnzz's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/14/2017

Response from Brentwood Golf Club on 10/18/2017:

Hello johnzz, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our course. We are sorry you had a subpar experience at our course and we appreciate your ratings and feedback. Thank you for playing Brentwood Golf Club and we hope to earn your business again.

"Disappointed"

gelmaniti's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/14/2017

I’ve always liked this little course as it is a good course to have a practice round. This time, though, there was too much browning and the greens are not acceptable. They’ve tried maintaining this course in the past but obviously not lately.

Response from Brentwood Golf Club on 10/17/2017:

Hello gelmaniti, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our course, we appreciate your feedback about our course conditions. Thank you for playing Brentwood Golf Club and we hope to earn your business again.

Dan7709608's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/13/2017

I have an annual pass. I have purchased 4 annual passes. I am buying my next pass. I enjoy the game for its challenges and exercises. I would recommend the course to anyone. Kathy is very personable, very professional and friendly. Discipline on the course is a priority. Meaning golfers leave divots, cigarette butts, cigars. They urinate at will.

Response from Brentwood Golf Club on 10/20/2017:

Hello Dan7709608, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our course. We appreciate your feedback about our course and we are glad you would recommend our course and found our staff friendly. Thank you for playing Brentwood Golf Club and we hope to see you again soon.

"Horrible conditions"

gib09's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/04/2017

Fairways are dirt bunkers not raked and filled with dirt greens were a month into aerating, but if they were not punched they still would have been TERRIBLE. There isn't any grass on half of the greens. If this was the first golf course ever made, which in the 1800's was a sheep pasture that would have been acceptable. It will be a long time before I waste my hard earned money on this poorly maintained course

Response from Brentwood Golf Club on 10/06/2017:

Hello gib09, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our course. We appreciate your feedback about our course conditions, we escalated your feedback to the appropriate department. Thank you for playing Brentwood Golf Club and we hope to earn your business again.

"Seven I will bounce in the water"

Donny3490003's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/24/2017

Yes good it's all right seven of them I went in the water I can't believe it that's the first time I think I do you will again But it's hard because I can't talk I read they get a stroke what anyways I think I do better than that at least 20 strokes off so like 115 but it's all good at least I tried I would be back definitely have a great day

Response from Brentwood Golf Club on 09/27/2017:

Hello Donny3490003, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our course. We are glad you had a good day golfing at Brentwood Golf Club. We also appreciate your feedback and ratings. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon.

Angster's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/23/2017

Used to be one of my favorite golf courses. The course conditions are getting worse. Brown patches everywhere.

Response from Brentwood Golf Club on 09/26/2017:

Hello Angster, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our course. We appreciate your feedback about the course conditions, we will pass your feedback to the appropriate departments. Thank you for playing Brentwood Golf Club and we hope to earn your business again.

JEverett6860's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/20/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

The course and greens were in average

condition, some bare spots, but overall

very playable.

We went out at 12:00 noon and finished in

about 4 hours.

Response from Brentwood Golf Club on 09/26/2017:

Hello JEverett6860, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our pace of play and we appreciate your feedback about our course conditions. Thank you for playing Brentwood Golf Club and we hope to see you again soon!

"Much TLC needed, but like the layout."

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/20/2017

We like the layout. It's truly interesting, especially the green surrounds/complexes. But the course--every part--was in dire need of major rehab. Good news is they had fertilized and seeded and were watering the course heavily in front and behind us as we played. They will also be punching the greens next week. I really hope they can get the conditions up to what this course deserves.

Response from Brentwood Golf Club on 09/26/2017:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our course. We are glad you enjoyed our pace of play and we appreciate your feedback about our course conditons. Thank you for playing Brentwood Golf Club and we hope to see you again soon.

"everything needs help"

michaelwayne's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/19/2017

Course conditions need help. Fairways are sparse at best. Sand traps vary from no sand to some sand. Greens look like a battle field. This isn't entirely the fault of the owners. There are a lot of lazy golfers that don't repair their divots. And a few that don't control their attitude and take it out on the greens. I would still play here but would try to find another course with better conditions first.

Response from Brentwood Golf Club on 09/22/2017:

Hello michaelwayne, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course layout and pace of play. We also appreciate your feedback about our course conditions, we will escalate your feedback to the appropriate departments. Thank you for playing Brentwood Golf Club and we hope to see you again soon.

"9-16"

pthomas53's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/16/2017

Greens are in hideous shape, worst in 3 years. Bunkers are clay traps not sand traps.

Response from Brentwood Golf Club on 09/18/2017:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Brentwood Golf Club, in the San Francisco area. We are sorry to hear that our course was in poor condition. However, we are glad to see that you enjoyed our course layout. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope to see you on our course in the future.

"Course is in terrible shape"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/16/2017

We played 9/16/17 and the course is in terrible shape. Awful fairways! There was more dirt in the fairways then grass. The Bunkers were not maintained and the sand was more like mud. The Greens were the worst part.... Completely chewed up almost like the grounds crew haven't maintained them in months. Even though the course was priced at $39 per golfer they still need to keep it in better shape. Maybe Brentwood golf club will be the next golf course to close in the Brentwood area. I would not be surprised and will not be back to play unless there are changes.

Response from Brentwood Golf Club on 09/18/2017:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Brentwood Golf Club, in the San Francisco area. We are sorry to hear that our course was in poor condition when you last played. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope to earn your business again in the future.

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/15/2017

The course is poorly maintained. There were bare spots in the fairways. The rough was uncut. Lost balls resulted from the long grass. Play was extremely slow.

Response from Brentwood Golf Club on 09/18/2017:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Brentwood Golf Club, in the San Francisco area. We are sorry to hear that our course was in poor condition when you played and that the pace of play was extremely slow. But, we are glad to see that you found our staff friendly and that you enjoyed our course layout. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope to see you again in the future.

"Sand on Greens"

leespalace's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/09/2017

The course was in fair condition. I expected the fairways to be green taken that the drought is over. Also, there was no mention that some greens had sand on them.

Response from Brentwood Golf Club on 09/20/2017:

Hello leespalace, thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are glad you enjoyed our pace of play and course layout. We also appreciate your feedback about not being told that the greens were recently sanded, we will escalate your feedback to the appropriate department. Thank you for playing Brentwood Golf Club and we hope to see you again soon.

"Here's hoping the greens recover soon."

Dfitzmahan's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/08/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

If you read my review of 02/13/2017, you will see that I usually rate this course highly, especially the greens. According to the pro shop staff and the bartenders (both players) the recent extreme heat basically fried the greens and they are just now coming back. Three greens had been plugged and sanded (no notice given on GolfNow or at the pro shop), 7 were badly damaged with an abundance of brown or bare spots and the rest were lumpy (apparently due to the heavy watering to help them recover). Let me extend my appreciation for all the work it takes to keep a course in good shape, and my strong hope that they can sort of this problem as soon as possible.

Response from Brentwood Golf Club on 09/18/2017:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Brentwood Golf Club, in the San Francisco area. We are sorry to hear that our course was not in the best condition when you last played. But, we are glad to see that you found our staff friendly and that you enjoyed the course layout. Thank you for playing with us, and we hope to earn your business again in the future.

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/02/2017

Response from Brentwood Golf Club on 09/18/2017:

Hello, thank you for giving our course, Brentwood Golf Club, in the San Francisco area a three-star review. We are glad to see that you enjoyed the course layout and that you had a smooth pace of play. We appreciate your feedback on the course conditions. Thank you for playing with us, and we'll see you again soon.

tony7589448's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/20/2017

"Family Time"

Plays:  Twice a year

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/18/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

The course was peaceful and the pace of the game was perfect for my family threesome, My sons and I had a great time and had our share of challenges on the course. We will be back with my cousin in September.