Stewart Peninsula Golf Course

Dress code: Proper golf attire

Back 33 2676 yards 65.9 124
Middle 33 2360 yards 31.5 111
Red (W) 33 1982 yards 30.3 100

Location is in the 'burbs convenient to the city   Great for 9-hole rounds wildlife/ scenic views locals   Challenges include water hazards bunkers forced carries   Great for 19th hole scenic views

jwilhoit24's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/30/2017

Commented on 10/02/2017

Thanks for coming out and playing golf at Stewart Peninsula. Hope to see you again soon.

"I like it"

u000001958301's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/18/2017

I'm a member there and have played it on and off for about 10 years. Yes it's 9 holes and you have to play it twice to get 18 in but there are 2 sets of greens both of which are the best I've played this year anywhere. The t-boxes are just as good and the price is right. Yes they have some walkers like me but I'll let you by if your in a big hurry. Give it a try! Pretty laid back.

Commented on 10/02/2017

Thanks for supporting the golf course and staff. Looking for another great year.

"READ FINE PRINT"

Ronny5465254's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/10/2017

This course sells itself as a 18 hole golf course, but you just play 9 holes twice. And when you come around to your 2nd 9, you have to deal with a bunch of people trying to tee off for their 1st 9 at the same time you are trying to get your 2nd 9 in. Was so packed we left after playing only 9 after paying for 18. WILL NEVER GO BACK!

Course Layout: Poor

Commented on 09/14/2017

Sorry you felt mislead on the 9 holes. Our website notes numerous times we are one of the top 9 hole courses in the state. If you purchased on Golfnow it is possible they do not tell you that. During the week if we have twosomes they play faster than two hour nines and it will bunch up a little at the tee box. Sorry you had to wait. If you would like I will comp you a round and give us another chance to do better. Just ask for Randy

Jcollum's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/28/2017

Response from Steward Peninsula Golf Course on 09/05/2017:

Hello James, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Steward Peninsula Golf Course, and for the 3-stars. We are happy to hear that you had fun playing our golf course. It looks like you had a great overall customer experience with us, so we are glad to see that our staff made your round enjoyable with us. Thank you for choosing our course, in the Dallas area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Nice short course"

emikes's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/21/2017

9 hole par 33 course with dual pins and multiple tee boxes enables you to play 18 different holes.

Fairways and greens were in good shape for this time of year

Pace of play issue due to slow 5-some who chose not let our faster two-some play through.

A good course for the price, a great course for beginners or short drive hitters. I would play there again

"Not bad for the price."

JMBradshaw88's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/11/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather

For the hot deal price it wasn't a bad course. Its a 18 hole course they crammed into 9 with different tee boxes and pin locations. Greens were good and bunkers were fine. It was extremely windy but you are right off the lake so that is to be expected. Also if you love par 3's this is the course for you. Driving range was kind of shady but if you return the bag that your balls were in you get some of your money back. All in all it was fun.

"double 9"

ALBEEVERS's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/27/2017

you should have your web site noted that it was a double 9 course.

Response from Steward Peninsula Golf Course on 08/01/2017:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Stewart Peninsula Golf Course in the Dallas area. We apologize for any confusion and we appreciate your feedback. We hope that you enjoyed the rest of your round. Thank you for the 3 star review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Not worth the time"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/26/2017

First: it is Par9 course that you have to play twice. Second: greens are in very bad condition and very slow, bumpy and a few were temporary greens ( reminded me playing long time ago in Canada Ottawa area in spring time). Third: most of fare ways are side sloped. Will never play here again, even for free.

Commented on 07/31/2017

Sorry you did not enjoy your time playing golf. But I think you have our golf course confused with an other one. We are not on any temporary greens and our golf course is in great shape. We offer four par 4s and one par 5. Only the par 5 has a large sloping fairway. Come play Stewart Peninsula and enjoy a round of golf sometime.

"Great Course"

Plays:  Once every three months

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2017

This course is great for beginners, a lot of Par 3 and Par 4s. Greens are a bit rough but overall very well taken care of. I definitely enjoy my time there.

Commented on 06/10/2017

Thanks for coming out to play golf at Stewy P. Glade you enjoyed your round. We aerified the greens just a week ago. Give them about a week and they will be in great condition. Come back and play again soon. Thanks Staff

"Hidden gem (must play)"

Angel4671119's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2017

If you think your short game is good, you need to play here. I had a great experience here. The wind was strong and the course layout is superb. For a nine hole course the red and gold setup will meet any players skill level. I highly recommend to all golfers, regardless of skill.

Course condition is adequate. Staff is very friendly. The cutest clubhouse around!

Commented on 06/10/2017

Thank you for playing golf at Stewart Peninsula. Come back and see us soon.

uWHPS8565WH's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/09/2017

Response from Stewart Peninsula Golf Course on 05/11/2017:

Hello Charles, thank you for taking the time to review our course, we appreciate your feedback.Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon.

"Relaxation to Agitation"

dfwitjobs's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/06/2017

Used GolfNow to book a tee time with friends to play Stewart Peninsula. For those that don't know, you play the same 9 holes 2x [each time you use a slightly different tee location and hit to a different pin on the green]. Not a big deal, but certainly something that could affect pace-of-play. This is where the agitation began. I've played golf for years and had marshals either greet my group, make suggestions on how to play a particular hole and occasionally encourage a group to play "ready golf." They do things differently at Stewart Peninsula. The marshal I encountered on Saturday was rude and abrupt. He asked my group to "hurry up." When I replied that we "were playing as fast as we can" he said, "play faster." Despite the good weather, the decent course conditions and finding this course to be a reasonable value, I won't return.The disrespect and "hall monitor" approach didn't sit well with me.

Response from Stewart Peninsula Golf Course on 05/09/2017:

Hello Ron, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our course, we appreciate your feedback. We are sorry to hear about the subpar experience, we will pass your feedback onto the appropriate department. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 05/11/2017

Thank you for coming out to Stewart Peninsula. I am sorry your golf experience was not what you were expecting. BUT, as I mentioned to you that day. You made the turn in 2 hours and 20 minutes. For us to keep tee times on time and for fellow golfers to enjoy their round. We must monitor a 2 hour round. This is common practice at all golf courses. If you would like to play at a more leisurely pace you might try playing during the week. Thank you Randy Brittain Head Golf Professional.

"Crowded and tee boxes and greens"

vincentrmorris's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2017

The main reason this was terrible was the pace of play. We quit after 11 holes because the pro shop had evidently let more groups tee off while we were making the turn to play the 9 holes again. It was my fault for not seeing it was only a 9 hole course essentially. The greens were in bad shape compared to most courses in the area. The tee boxes were just as bad and most of them were not level. They just punched the fairways but did not offer a discount for the round. This is the first time in 22 years of golf that I did not at least finish the round. Good course for beginners if the pace of play was better.

Response from Stewart Peninsula Golf Course on 04/25/2017:

Hello Vincent, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our course, we appreciate your feedback. We are sorry to hear about the subpar pace of play, we will pass your feedback onto the appropriate department. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 05/09/2017

Sorry for your bad experience at Stewart Peninsula. Sometimes we get very busy and accidentally make a mistake on the tee box. Our intentions are to always allow the group making the turn continue on. Our greens are very much like all the bermuda greens in the North Texas area. The mild winter has fooled everyone into thinking because everything is green it is growing. Bermuda needs a night time temp of 65 plus. Bent grass greens right now are far ahead of bermuda at this point. I would like for you to contact me Randy the Head Golf Professional and let me treat you and your group to another round and give us a chance to show you how we really operate. Hope to hear from you soon. As always enjoy your golf.

"Greens not ver good"

David1610's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/18/2017

I would have really enjoyed this course had the greens been in better condition. To be fair, looks like they are in process of aeriating so they could be in better condition very soon.

Commented on 04/20/2017

Thanks for playing the golf course. As you know this is only April and the mild winter is fooling everyone. All Bermuda grasses will not fully grow until night time temps reach 65 or more on a regular bases. The greens are slowly coming in. We are in the aerifying process and this should help speed the process up. Hope to see you again. And we will have the greens back to fantastic shape.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/16/2017

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/08/2017

"What happened?!"

starsrtm's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/07/2017

Always loved this course for good pace of play, friendly staff, great course conditions and decent price, but what happened?!

The putting green has a mix of turf and grass, the on course greens are patchy, shaggy, and so bumpy its like putting on the moon. The pace of play seems worse everytime I go, and Im very close to writing this course off. The owner I knew was really trying to improve course conditions but seems like they put the brakes on that idea. If you play here be aware that course conditions are going downhill and greens are gonna be unplayable if they dont improve soon.

Response from Stewart Peninsula Golf Course on 04/17/2017:

Hello Ryan, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our course. We are sorry for the course conditions but we are glad you found our staff friendly. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon.

Thad8918777's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/28/2017

Commented on 04/04/2017

Thanks for coming out and playing Stewart Peninsula.