Cabo del Sol - The Ocean Golf Course

Carts: Yes - included in green fee

Dress code: No swimwear, denim, cutoffs, halter or tank tops
Credit cards accepted: Mastercard, Visa, American Express

"Great course but rude starter tainted the experience"

faishaq's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/21/2017

I brought my dad to Cabo from the states for a special weekend of golf. I was most excited to show him the Cabo Del Sol ocean course as it looked stunning. We had a 12:20 tee time (the last tee time before the twilight rate started). We arrived early and after warming up I was told by the club house that because we had paid the morning rate and the course was open we could start our round anytime we wanted. We pulled up to the first tee and couldn't find the starter. Just as we were teeing off he arrived and in a rude fashion told us to stop since our tee time wasn't till later. As I tried to explain what the club house told me he kept rudely interrupting and wouldn't listen insisting "I am in charge and I decide who tees off when". His tone was aggressive and condescending. We reversed back to the putting green and as we continue our putting practice he shows up to apologize since there had been a "misunderstanding" that he had now cleared up by talking to the pro shop. This soured the whole round right from the start. I'm glad he apologized but this doesn't excuse his rude and aggressive behavior . I think he assumed that we were lying and that we were trying to sneak on to play at a more expensive time then we had paid-wouldn't listen to the information I was trying to provide. Not the kind of service I would expect from an otherwise top notch facility. The golf was great but the overall experience left a bad taste in the mouth

"A Cabo must-play"

ceverett0725's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/03/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

The course was exactly as billed. Beautifully manicured, awesome views, greens were wonderfully true. Rest assured, bring your ""a" game as this course is difficult if not played smart. We played with 24 guys from our club, and everything went off without a hitch. Player and club transportation, tee time management, pro shop staff....everything was excellant!

"Addictive!"

GolfinginBC's avatar
British Columbia Advisor

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/01/2015

Ocean course is a beautiful experience that I cannot wait to go back and playing again.

The clubhouse and property is amazing. It feels like everything there is absolutely perfect.

Play twilight and save some money, and less heat!

A must

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"Nobody does fun better than Cabo del Sol's Ocean course"

JasonDeeganGA's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/14/2015
Previously played Paired up at course Used cart Played 18 holes Fair weather

I'm thrilled to report one of Cabo's best golf courses escaped the hurricane last September virtually unscathed. The seventh tee box right on the beach washed away, like the rest of the sand on the beach, but you'd never know by how it looks today. That's incredible considering how much damage was sustained by the homes/condos along the cart path heading toward the eight hole. Strategically, the Ocean course is much more fun and playable than Quivira, the new Nicklaus design generating all the buzz in Cabo. You'll love its collection of par 3s. Par 3s at no. 6, 7 and 17 all play right on the beach. The shortish par 4s on a stellar back nine demand a bit of target golf but not in a bad way. The greens of three of its best par 4s - nos. 5, 16 and 18 - sit right on the shore as well. The free fish tacos at the turn never disappoint, either, just like this World Top 100 experience.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"The Bear's Best? Cabo del Sol's Ocean course might be Nicklaus' best work"

JasonDeeganGA's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/26/2013
Previously played Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Los Cabos is loaded with Jack Nicklaus golf, and the Ocean course at Cabo del Sol might be the Bear's best work. Not only in Cabo but the world.<br/> While other courses have sold off their beachfront holes - Cabo Real and El Dorado come to mind - Cabo del Sol has actually moved holes CLOSER to the shore.<br/> The fifth green and its famous back-to-back par 3s at nos. 6-7 now sit virtually on the beach.<br/> These recent changes have enhanced this dramatic trio of holes almost to the point that you could argue they're better than the revered seaside beauties at nos. 16-18, a stretch Nicklaus once hailed as the best finish in golf.<br/> The new seventh features tees that virtually float in the water, playing to a green carved from a sand dune.<br/> The inland holes are just as strong, although not as scenic. My favorite touch is the free fish tacos at the turn. All in all, a five-star experience.