Wildhorse Golf Club of Robson Ranch

4.1920000000 4.2 stars from 5 (224)

Singles allowed: No
Dress code: Appropriate golf attire is required.Cut-offs are not allowed nor are clothes that are tattered or ragged or have holes. No tank tops, tube tops, short/shorts, athletic shorts, athletic shirts or swimwear are allowed

Average Rating 4.2 stars from 5

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city in the 'burbs   Great for locals seniors advanced golfers   Challenges include bunkers water hazards undulating greens   Great for drinks patio dining dinner

"Perfect greens this time"

Bob5112194's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/14/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

I play here a few times a year when my private course, known for it's immaculate greens, has a member-member or rare outside event in which I don't play. I've always thought that this course is pretty easy for the better player and still continue to think that. That being said I was very impressed by the conditions today, particularly the greens which were fast and true. The fairways are as wide as always and if you got very wayward they were penal as they should be but the greens were truly a pleasure to putt and much better than in the past! If I were retired I wouldn't mind playing here every day.

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club at Robson Ranch on 07/17/2017:

Hi Bob5112194, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback about our course conditions and are glad to hear you choose us when your private facility is closed. We hope to see you again in the future!

"Aerated and hairy"

Csheetz1's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/10/2017

The course was in transition due to aerating the greens and fairways. Hadn't been mowed in a while. Course was horrible the day we played. Golf Now should make these courses report things like aeration and alert you before you book. Waste of an hour drive but will go back. Now for the good. We never saw another group and I don't think this course gets much play. The clubhouse is very nice. The layout is good for all types of golfers. Course had some very pretty holes. The rough was perfect which leads me to believe this is a very nice course other than during aeration time. Will go back and try it again.

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club at Robson Ranch on 06/12/2017:

Hi Csheetz1, thanks for taking the time to leave a review about our course conditions. We apologize your experience wasn't up to par and you weren't aware of the aeration before driving to the course. We hope you give us another shot in the future once our course had healed from aeration. Thanks for playing!

"Course being aerated"

Plays:  Twice a year

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/07/2017

The appeares to be a very nice track. At the time I played, the greens had been aerated and the fairways were being aerated as we were playing. Me and my wife had lunch before MY round (my wife just drove the cart) and the service and the food was wxcellent. I will definitely play here again in a few months.

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club at Robson Ranch on 06/09/2017:

Hi u000007397957, thanks for the review! We're happy to hear you had a good experience at Wildhorse and are looking forward to your next round!

"Perfect Condition"

summitman's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/30/2017

The course is currently immaculate with greens running fast but not out of control.

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club at Robson Ranch on 06/02/2017:

Thanks for the great review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round at Wildhorse. We hope to see you again soon!

"Pristine Course"

Debra7389525's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

First time to play here and we actually came back on Memorial Day to play again and had an awesome round.

The Fairways/Greens are in tip top shape.

Course staff was courteous.

We did however have to inquire about a Beverage Cart and found out there was none that day, so inquire about the cart & stock up before you leave.

Also, they lost our turn order that we called in and we had to wait causing us to be behind in play. The Clubhouse and Restaurant are tastefully decorated and there were many friendly residents there.

They need help in the service end at the Bar, they seem disorganized and very slow, they either need to hire more help or have someone over this area, it made several Golfers frustrated.

I will say we met Kaleb the Bartender the first time and he was spot on quick and very informative about the area and the course.

"Wildhorse Robson Ranch"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/27/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

Have played here before. This golf course has always been in good shape. The staff has been very friendly. It's kinda of a drive but well worth the trip. Some many of the courses in the DFW greens are in very bad shape, but they still charge full price. Chipping and putting is where you score. Will be back to play again soon.

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club at Robson Ranch on 05/31/2017:

Thanks for the great review! We're looking forward to seeing you again soon!

"Great course"

loudpipes20's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/27/2017

Always in great shape. Staff lives in this retirement community so they are as nice as can be (imagine that). Love Robson. But wish it was about 10 bucks less and we would play there twice a month.

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club at Robson Ranch on 05/31/2017:

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear you had a good experience at Wildhorse GC. Make sure to follow us on Facebook and sign up for our e-club for special rates! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Disgruntled...."

Plays:  Once every three months

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2017

Loved playing, however, the fee for the course and GN didn't compute. I payed $17.00 for GN and $67 for the round. When I inquired with the pro shop, I was told that the $17 was GN's fee + tax. We were a threesome, so two of us paid $67 ea. and the third paid 64, he lives in Robson Ranch, so he got a discount. If that's the fee each time for GN, there's no way I'll use GN again.....

"HIDDEN GEM"

HANKER13's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/20/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

THIS IS THE BEST COURSE I`VE PLAYED IN 3 YEARS..GREAT STAFF , GREAT CONDITION,GREAT PRICE AND REAL QUICK ROUNDS..A MUST PLAY

"Great Course"

costellox's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/19/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather

If you don't mind driving this is a great course to visit. The Green were soft and rolled true. Looks like they are doing some sodding around the outside of them but other then that the greens are great. The only negative thing I would say is that the first nine we were stuck behind what looked like some members and it was the slowest nine I have played this year. After the turn the group in front disappeared and we play the back in record time. Other then that great course to play. Oh and the guy in the pro shop was super nice hats off to you!

Response from Wildhourse Golf Club at Robson Ranch on 05/22/2017:

Thanks for the great review! We apologize that the pace of place wasn't up to par during your round, but are happy to hear you enjoyed the course and were able to play the back nine in record time. We hope to see you again soon!

"Bring your A game!"

Davidowicke's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/18/2017

Slick greens with nice fairways and bunkers. Condition of course was impressive.

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club of Robson Ranch on 05/22/2017:

Thank you for the kind words! We hope to see you again soon.

"Windy Round"

Jim6270579's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/16/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather

Easy to get to off I-35, booked round just one day in advance. First time to play, bag drop was confusing, member told me twice no cars allowed in the designated area. Pro Shop staff agreed it is messed up. Teed off late afternoon, mid-week, very few on the course, course in great shape. Couple of greens where thin and one green totally under repair. Otherwise is was excellent, and bunkers were very well maintained. The twilight rates have started already. Two-some played 18 in just 3hrs 15 min. Nice dinner in the grill afterwards.

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club at Robson Ranch on 05/18/2017:

Thanks for the great review! We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your round and dinner afterward at Wildhorse Golf Club at Robson Ranch. We hope to see you again soon!

u022008944's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/10/2017

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club at Robson Ranch on 05/15/2017:

Thanks for the great review!

Eric9078409's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2017

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club at Robson Ranch on 05/09/2017:

Thanks for the 5-star review! We hope to see you again soon.

"As advertised"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/05/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

For spring the course condition was about what I expected so I rated it as good. The course is very playable even for a first round. Having the aid of the course handbook and a yardage device was key was key to the first round enjoyment. I'll come back the next time I'm in Dallas.

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club at Robson Ranch on 05/08/2017:

Thanks for the review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round. We're looking forward to seeing you again the next time you're in Dallas!

"Not worth the money"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/09/2017

Ground under repair around almost every green and some fairways. Some greens themselves were in bad shape too. Most courses discount their green fees when course conditions are a bit off. This review would look different if they charged $30 or so. Instead, we played $44 which was the cheapest rate of the day...the prevailing rate was $55-$60. Not really sure the course would be worth that even if the course was in good shape.

Also, beware that cart girls only have beer (no liquor).

Those were the two negatives...otherwise the staff was friendly, and the course had a nice layout. Not overly difficult, but not easy either. Sand traps were in excellent shape which is overlooked at a lot of other courses. At least when your ball finds a trap out here, there is nice sand to hit out of.

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club at Robson Ranch on 04/12/2017:

Thanks for leaving us a review. We're glad to hear you had a positive experience with our staff and that our sand traps are in good condition. We're working hard daily to improve our course conditions for the spring season and hope you give us another shot in the future. Thanks for playing!

"Pretty good track"

tipc1's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/26/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

This is a pretty good track. The course is usually in good condition. Not so much right now at the end of March but it looks like they have it going in the right direction. So it should be in great shape in a few weeks. It is pretty wide open and no mature trees so if the wind is blowing (and it usually is) it adds to the difficulty. Some holes have a punitive rough.

Houses are everywhere but safe except for the wildest of shots.

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club at Robson Ranch on 03/27/2017:

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on GolfAdvisor. We're happy to hear that you're a repeat customer and we thank you for your business! As you mentioned, we are working hard on getting our course into spring conditions and we invite you to come back and see us at our best in just a couple weeks. Thanks for playing!

affordablexray's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/25/2017

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club on 03/27/2017:

Thanks for playing! We hope to see you back soon.

"Golf pro in the pro shop was scum"

pkeilty91's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/14/2017

Would never play here again. Should not be open to the public. absolute joke of a golf course. Complete waste of time.

Course Layout: Poor

"Great Course!"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/08/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

Greens a little slow but March conditions call for it. Overall great course. A little slow at times.

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club at Robson Ranch on 03/13/2017:

Thanks for playing! Please come back and see us again soon!