Waterchase Golf Course

4.2222000000 4.2 stars from 5 (18)

• 8951 Creek Run Road , Fort Worth, TX 76120
  • www.waterchasegc.com

Year built: 2000
Architect(s): Steve Plummer (2000)
Type: Public
Greens: Bermuda grass
Fairways: Bermuda grass

Caddies: Yes

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, American Express

Tees | Layout

Green (W) 72 5524 yards 72.4 126

Average Rating 4.2 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city   Great for advanced golfers   Challenges include water hazards

"Great layout!"

Neil5039850's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/27/2017

Best value for your dollar in DFW area. Played 5 courses while on vacation this past week and This one was in the best condition. The tee boxes were even and nicely manicured. The fairways had a nice amount of grass and were still firm and the greens were in great shape. The course does have some very challenging holes with some risk reward shots. Staff is very friendly.

Victor8870413's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/26/2017

"Course was nice"

hookerdarren's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/16/2017

Will be very good when the grass greens up in a few weeks. Greens were very good and not as fast as the ones that are dormant right now.

"If you're not a member look out"

u531929779's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/29/2016

I played this morning with a foursome and we had a threesome of members play up on us so we let them play through. After one more hole the marshall came up to us and said we were holding up the group of members behind us. The group we let play through was still on the green so we were waiting. This process continued four times in two holes.

Finally I offered to take a refund and leave if the harassment was going to continue. We then asked him to tell the members in front of us to speed up play so we are not waiting. He finally quit harassing us after 9.

By the way we finished in four hours with the course being backed up.

If you're not a member I wouldn't play here. If it wasn't for the harassment the rating would be positive.

"Good Course But Lacks Amenities"

Chevelle671's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/27/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

The course was nice. Greens Good. The smell from the water crossing was very bad. The facility needs a club house and on course service. For the green fee the visit was not worth the drive nor the $$.

I would probably play there again but it would take a good deal on the green fee to get me there again.

"Menacing in the wind"

William1130674's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/16/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

I have lived in DFW for years and have heard of Waterchase but, never played it before. It is truly a hidden gem. They tell you that you'll use every club in your bag. Believe them. Perfect sunny Texas morning with the exception of a still southerly wind. Local knowledge goes a long way. With no one right behind us we did drive up to see where the hole went. #17 was a surprise... The greens were slow but rolled true. the fairways were great, take a nice divot with your iron and the ball still rolled out off the tee. For my money they can stay in the modular clubhouse and put their $$$ in the course. I'll be back.

W-

"Thank you for good greens"

jcook1313's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/05/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

After being battered with awful green conditions recently on other courses, I was very happy to see perfect greens at Waterchase. Perfect. Fairways and tees were grassy too. Pace was excellent even with a tournament ahead of and behind us.

Course is still a good one although with a few quirky holes. The riverside holes could use better sightlines. 5 par 5's and 5 par 3's are kinda cool to play. Several holes are treelined and driver stays in the bag.

Overall the best course I have reviewed this summer. Not for everyone, but a good challenge to better players. Some really good fishing in the lakes too, if you can sneak a pocket rod in your bag :)

Lastly - how are they still in a temporary trailer 15 years after opening?

"Must Play !"

jcampbell57's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/17/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Played Saturday afternoon and to my surprise nobody was there. We had the course to ourselves. The course conditions were excellent, greens could have been better but putted well. I highly recommend playing here.

"Great Course"

arees17's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/26/2016
Previously played Used cart

This is a tough course. There are 5 or 6 tee boxes for all levels! The layout is challenging and fun because it makes you use all of your bag. The greens are usually in really good condition. They are about 2 1/2 week out from being punched so they are starting to roll really nice. The price during peak hours is expensive but twilight you can find good deals. Highly recommended course!!!

"Fun course... Sandy greens"

Lael1133468's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/18/2016

I love this course. The first time I played it, about 8 years ago, I rinsed 6 sleeves of balls as a beginner... Now that I'm playing more regularly, and shooting in the mid to low 80s, I recognize that greens are a pivotal part of the course. The greens on this course were filled with sand. At times to the point where it seemed as if I was putting in a bunker. I expect better course conditions when I pay $50 for a round of golf. Now to be fair, the rest of the course was in excellent shape and the course service came early and often on a hot Saturday afternoon. I think a suggestion not only for this course but for all courses is, if you, as a course have aerated the greens and filled them with sand, alert the players or cut the cost....my $0.02.

Commented on 06/28/2016

Mr. Clark,

We apologize that you were not made aware of the recently aerified greens. It is always our intention to inform guests of current course conditions. In addition to notifying every guest when booking a tee time for the first week after aerification, we also offer twilight rates in consideration of the course not being up to our usual standards. Sorry we did not get that accurately conveyed to you.

Jason Heitschmidt, GM

"Good course, marshals need to get it in gear"

greggottlieb's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/21/2016
Previously played Walked Played 18 holes Excellent weather

This is a very nice layout: interesting holes and well maintained. The clubhouse is terrible, not at all a match for the quality of the course. When I have had pace of play issues, the marshals have done nothing. Today's round (almost 5 hours) was unnecessary -- if only a marshal would have pressured one group.

"No Frills Quality"

Sharris213's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/03/2016

Took advantage of twilight rate at 3:00. Course was in great shape, as usual! They had some type of tournament there that day and I think we ran into it about hole 14. Took almost as long to play those last 5 holes as the first 13. Green roll true and are good speed! Recommend it highly!

"Great track"

lorenhaas's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/03/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

A wonderful round of golf. Some holes are a bit tricky without course knowledge . . . this will cost you a few strokes . . . but in great shape! Don't always take your driver out of the bag. Greens were well taken care of and intriguing enough to make you think a bit. Friendly staff limited by the clubhouse or lack thereof, but if you just want to play golf this is highly recommended.

"Didn't see that coming"

tstew22's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/15/2015
First time playing Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

I had always heard good things about Waterchase, but I didn't expect it to be that good. I couldn't keep my phone out of hand, I took pictures on almost every hole. Course was in immaculate shape, fairways were carpet. Besides aesthetic value, the course plays great too. Perfect mix of trees, water, tall grass, doglegs, and forced carries. While challenging, it is not impossible to score well. There are a lot of forced carries, so if you're a beginner, this may not be the best place for you, but it really is something great.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"Excellent Experience"

bbengtson21's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/17/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

What a great Course! Waterchase Golf Course was an excellent destination for our group of 8 traveling to Ft Worth to play golf. Facilities were in good shape and was an outstanding track. The staff and customer service was AWESOME!!! I can't tell you how wonderful it was for multiple members of the staff to greet us and ask if we had any questions and engaged in conversation with us. Jason, the General Manager went out of his way several times to make sure our time at Waterchase was outstanding. Arrangements for the round were made with Clarence who was very kind and accommodating with our booking. Our group had an awesome experience and will be back to Waterchase next time we are in the Dallas Area no doubt.

Brian
(Kansas)

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"Great course. Awful management"

Joemamagolf's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/08/2015
Previously played Paired up at course Walked

Awesome course. No real marshaling. They let a five some out second group on a weekend. When we complained management didn't care. Never playing here again

Quality of food & beverage: Average

Commented on 05/15/2016

doesn't matter how much time. tell people to let people play thru. if you want to play slow that's fine.

Commented on 01/07/2016

We're sorry for your experience at Waterchase. We no longer allow 5-somes on the weekend or during peak periods of play. Our average pace of play on the weekends is around 4 hours and 15 minutes for 18 holes. Please give us another try as we are confident your next experience will be great!

"Last DFW Hidden Gem"

pflied1's avatar
Age:  Under 25

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/26/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather

How this course isn't reviewed more is beyond me. It is one of the more unique courses in the area, with almost every hole requiring advanced thought and good course management. It has held up quite well after the rough winter and drought. It is more akin to a championship style course than just about any public course in DFW. Give it a shot, you'll keep coming back

"Could be the best public course in Dallas"

IanBAus's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/26/2014
Previously played Played as a single Walked Played 18 holes Average weather

I can't believe there's no reviews of Waterchase! I've been in Dallas as a business traveler for a few weeks. Played 13 of the supposed best public courses (in the evenings) . Waterchase is the best. It's in great condition and has a wide variety of challenging holes. I enjoyed it more each time I played. A seriously good golf course that's better than most privates around.

Quality of food & beverage: Fair

Commented on 08/01/2014

Well said. I didn't look at your review before I posted mine, but I basically copied you