The Golf Club at Champions Circle

Gift this Course
  • 3300 Champion Parkway , Fort Worth, TX 76177 , Tarrant County
  • www.championscirclegolf.com

Year built: 2000
Architect(s): Greg Norman (2000), Jay Morrish (2002)
Type: Public/Resort
Greens: Bermuda Grass

Practice bunker: Yes

Singles allowed: No
Dress code: Collared golf shirts and proper Bermuda length shorts or slacks required. Denim or blue jeans, halter-tops, bathing suits, sweat pants or t-shirts of any kind, are not considered golf attire and are prohibited.

Tees | Layout

Average Rating 3.5 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive near local attractions   Great for locals advanced golfers a weekend splurge   Challenges include bunkers water hazards forced carries   Great for drinks watching the game brunch

"Needs better marshaling"

gusdad's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/17/2017

Too many singles and two's, also greens a bit rough.

"Played many times disappointed every time"

jschluet's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/04/2017

I've played CC many times because it is close by and fairly convenient. The course never fails to disappoint mainly due to conditions. If you are just looking for a cheap round check it out but keep your expectations low. Easy to get tee times, probably because repeat business is low.

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Champions Circle Management on 03/13/2017:

Hi jschluet,

We're sorry to hear you were not able to recommend the course at this time due to conditions. Hopefully, you can come back in season and give us a chance to improve your experience. See you soon!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/25/2017

Response from Golf Club at Champions Circle Management on 03/06/2017:

Hi u417941705,

Thank you for the 4 star review!

"Awesome course, but slowest round ever!"

jcar016's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/18/2017

I had played this course when it first opened and loved it. I moved away and haven't played it in years, but was back in town and gave it a shot. It was better than I remember, but the pace of play was unbelievably slow. It was a perfect weather day, but at one point on hole 3, there were groups on green, fairway, tee box and 3 waiting. That's ridiculous and made an otherwise great experience almost unbearable. Overall, I will certainly play there again, but they need to work on tee time management. A 6 hour round is just too long when other options are available.

Response from Golf Club at Champions Circle Management on 03/01/2017:

Hi jcar016,

Thank you for the 5 star review! Your feedback on pace of play is greatly appreciated and will be assessed for next time. See you soon!

Golf Club at Champions Circle

"Great Course, pace of play on Saturday was HORRIBLE."

Bryan7992684's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/11/2017

Course, greens, fairways all as good as can be expected for Texas in the winter. Staff was great! My only issue was the pace of play. I expected it to be a little slow on an 85 degree day on a Saturday but this was ridiculous! Not sure if somebody was in front of all of us and just refused to let people play through or something else but by the 7th hole there were 3 groups waiting at the tee box with the 4th on the green behind us. And by the 8th hole 4 groups waiting st the tee box and the 5th on the prior green. 2 hours and 40 min to play the front nine. Everybody was complaining and no cart girl until the 9th tee box. The back nine probably played fine because about 4 groups left after nine holes. I did get a rain check for the back nine so no complaints there and will probably play this course as often as possible but it probably won't ever be on a Saturday.

Response from Woodbridge Golf Club Management on 02/14/2017:

Hi Bryan7992684,

Your feedback on pace of play is heard and appreciated. We'll assess the situation moving forward. Thank you for the 4 star review and recommendation! We're happy to hear you'll be coming back to golf with us again.

Woodbridge Golf Club

"great course"

Tim1034378's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/19/2017

Champion is always a nice course to play. From the front tees is good for most golfers and the back tees make it challenging for scratch golfers. Greg Norman did a good job and pace of play is decent most of the time, they do their share of tournaments so always ask when booking.

Response from Golf Club at Champions Circle Management on 01/25/2017:

Hi Tim1034378,

Thank you for the 5 star review! Your comments on front/ back tees are very accurate. We're also happy to hear you enjoy the layout and pace of play is consistent. See you soon!

Golf Club at Champions Circle

"This course was in very good shape even though it was in the middle of winter"

Michael6739538's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/04/2017

The course wasn't great to look at but it was the middle of winter after all. The fairways were in good shape and the ball sat up well. There were very few bare spots. The greens were in really great condition and they ran fast and true.

I can't wait to play this course again in the spring!

Response from Golf Club at Champions Circle Management on 01/06/2017:

Hi Michael6739538,

We appreciate you taking time to provide feedback on your round. It sounds like you had a fun day of golf with good course conditions. We're looking forward to the Spring as well. See you soon!

Golf Club at Champions Circle

"Overbooked a good course"

coachcurry's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/26/2016

The golf course was in great shape for December golf. Greens were a little fast but playable.

Downside was the five and half hours play time. Course was overbooked and tee times were too close together.

Response from Golf Club at Champions Circle Management on 12/29/2016:

Hi coachcurry,

Thank you for the recommendation. We're sorry to hear about the pace of play, but are happy to hear you still managed a fun day on the course. See you soon!

"Fantastic Course!!"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/21/2016

Played this course a few years back and is just as I remembered. The course is a challenge from the gold tees....overall the course conditions was great.

Response from Golf Club at Champions Circle Management on 12/29/2016:

Hi u000004410405,

Always great to hear from a return golfer. Our staff works hard to keep course conditions looking pristine over time. The course can certainly play tough from the gold tees, but it sounds like you were up for the challenge. See you soon!

Golf Club at Champions Circle

"Champions 1:45 tee time"

Rajoconnor's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/11/2016
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

I play this course a lot as it's close to my house. I think its an average to good course for the $$. The front 9 is open and has some basic layout configurations. IMO, this course shines on the back 9. Tough Long Par 5's, Elevated 190 yd Par 3, beautiful wooded lined fairways. There is not a lot of "Water" on this course but the creeks, rivers, and ravines do come into play. Greens are sometimes hit and miss on the surface conditions however, they are in great shape now for Mid December. Not the softest Greens I have ever played but OK.

This course is usually packed on the weekends and the pace of play is always slow. Expect 5 hour rounds.

Yesterday (12/11)we tee'd off at 1:45PM and was only able to finish through 16 before it got too dark around 5:45PM

Response from Golf Club at Champions Circle Management on 12/13/2016:

Hi Rajoconnor,

Always good to hear from a regular! Thank you for taking time to provide feedback. We like your comparison of the front and back 9, they definitely do play differently. See you soon!

Golf Club at Champions Circle

"The golf club at champions circle"

Coty5769704's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/10/2016

My friend and I decided to go golfing at Champion Circle for the second time even in 35° temperatures. The course did not disappoint. The fairways were well-maintained but they were starting to turn colors due to the temperature however the tee boxes and greens were as green as ever. The greens were true and held a line unlike many of the courses in the area. After our round we enjoyed a cocktail at the bar and Jules, our bartender, was one of the most friendly people I've ever met at a golf course. I will definitely be back and this is quickly becoming my favorite course.

Response from Golf Club at Champions Club Management on 12/13/2016:

Hi Coty5769704,

Thank you for the 5 star review! We're quickly becoming your favorite course? Great to hear. It sounds like you braved the weather and played with good conditions. See you soon!

"Nice and challenging!"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/30/2016

Course was in great shape for the time of year we played. Nice mix of challenging and easy holes! Definitely playing here again!

Response from Golf Club at Champions Circle on 12/02/2016:

Hi u000005462967,

Thank you for the 4 star review. It sounds like you experienced good course conditions, which is great to hear. We look forward to seeing you back for your next round!

Golf Club at Champions Circle

"Missed it by this much"

Stephen7853092's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/29/2016

Has a good mix of easy and hard holes. Tree on #2 tee box should be trimmed back, the hole is hard enough as it is. Green on #5 has bad patch where water congregates after watering, needs day-to-day maintenance.

Response from Golf Club at Champions Circle on 12/02/2016:

Hi Stephen7853092,

Thank you for the 4 star review! It sounds like you had a fun and challenging day on the golf course. We appreciate your feedback on holes 2 and 5. See you soon!

"Friday Veterans Day"

gungolf4's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/11/2016

Wanted to play because Im a veteran and needed it. It's near my home and had the day off! Great shape and pace of play was great. When I'm waiting for the group ahead of me, I fix divots. I'd like to see more sand refill so we can help maintain the course.

The course should remind people to fix their divot on the greens.

Response from Golf Club at Champions Circle Management on 11/14/2016:

Hi gungolf4,

We're very happy to hear you decided to spend your day off with us! Good to hear course conditions and pace of play contributed to a great day at the golf course. We would like to see more golfers like you helping us maintain the course. We'll keep your suggestion in mind. Thank you for your service!

"very disappointed"

chiefpreach's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/28/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 9 holes Good weather

It was a great letdown and first game I did not enjoy. its over priced and no amenities. it seems like a tourist trap. course is in terrible shap and neglected. also way over priced and traffic is really bad to get there. seemed like a course that was the only one around and they didn't care if you played or not. my first and LAST time to play there.

Response from Golf Club at Champions Circle Management on 11/08/2016:

Hi chiefpreach,

We appreciate your feedback. It's tough to hear about your negative experience, especially pertaining to lack of amenities and course conditions. We can assure you we care very much who decides to play our course and strive to provide the best guest experience for every round of golf. We hope you come back and give us another try.

"Harder than I remember"

stevenptudor's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/22/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Wonderful afternoon for golf. The last time I played this course (1-2 years ago), the rough, fairways, and greens were in poor condition. Fast forward to last weekend and all three are excellent. The rough is grown in enough to actually penalize you if you veer of target; and at this course those targets are sometimes small. The greens were rolling true at a decent pace. Course (from the 2nd tees) is rather short, but that is offset by the tight fairways and undulating greens.

Response from Golf Club at Champions Circle Management on 10/28/2016:

Hi stevenptudor,

Thank you for noticing all of the hard work we put into the course! It's great to hear about the great weather and challenging round. Hopefully, it won't be 2 more years before we see you back on the course. See you soon!

Golf Club at Champions Circle

"Great Course Great Price"

pghburgher's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/10/2016

Fun but challenging a little of everything target golf in some hole just turn it loose on others. Would definitely play again.

Response from Golf Club at Champions Circle Management on 10/13/2016:

Hi pghburgher,

Thank you for the 5 star review. We're happy to hear you would play here again. See you soon!

"Waiting Time"

kjosselet's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/08/2016

I have tried to play the course three weeks in a row. It's close to my house. However, they over book and have too many people playing the course. It took me 2:40 minutes to play the front 9. I finally quit after 15 because they had groups of five and six playing together. Waiting forever to play. The big groups wouldn't even let you play through

Commented on 10/10/2016

Thank you for your feedback and we apologize for your poor experience. We assure you this is not the standard we strive to achieve and will address it at the course. Look forward to having you back soon and making up for this experience.

"Greens"

Gabe3326683's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/24/2016

Fix the greens! Define the fairways.

Commented on 09/26/2016

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you did not enjoy your experience at Champions Circle. We appreciate your feedback and will make sure to address these points. Thank you again!

"Excellent course."

Tbird930's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/13/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Excellent fairways, greens, tee box. However, the dreaded fairway bunkers and some green side traps need attention.

Blind spots, club selection critical. I will play again next week. Best hot deal I have found so far.

Commented on 09/19/2016

Tbird930,

Thank you for your 5 star review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience with us. We look forward to having you back next week for your next round!

Best wishes,