The Golf Club at McKinney

GPS: Yes

Dress code: Proper attire is required.

Course Layout: No ratings so far

Location is convenient to the city in the 'burbs   Great for locals advanced golfers seniors   Challenges include undulating greens bunkers narrow fairways   Great for drinks

"Great course"

simplyhorns's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/06/2015

Good course too bad yesterday was the last day it will be open the company that runs it closed it

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"Decent course for the money, but beware of slow players"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/22/2015
Previously played Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Every time I played this course I had to face one of the most detrimental aspect of golf - slow, inexperienced players. I'm not just talking about skill level. You can be still efficient in maintaing your pace of play despite below average skill sets. I'm a golfer who enjoys nice weather and just being able to play, but it is unbearalbe to follow absolutely pathetic golfers who don't know how much they can be better off by allowing far advanced players behind them, espically when like 3 holes behind them is empty.<br/> One comment on course conditions is that bunkers are meaningless with little or no sand whatsoever. But that seems a norm nowadays in public courses.

Commented on 12/04/2015

u000003040558,

We are sorry to hear about your pace of play issues and we do our best to keep everyone moving along. We hope that you will have a better experience next time you are out!

"Poor greens, even worse bunkers!"

Tommy9660527's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/28/2015

This would be a great course if they would maintain the greens and bunkers better. All bunkers are pointless as they have no sand and are muddy. Greens aren't the best, but playable.

Commented on 11/06/2015

Tommy9660527,

Thanks for the review and we hear your concerns. We are going to renovate the bunkers this winter and hope to restore the course to the condition it should be in.

"bunkers unplayable"

dleach12's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/14/2015

Greens are in great shape and so are the fairways but bunkers are being neglected to the point that they are unplayable. Some look like they haven't been raked in months with weeds and standing water.

dleach12,

Thanks for taking the time to write your review and for playing our golf course. We are glad you enjoyed the condition of the greens/fairways and we hear your complaint regarding the bunkers. We are going to restore them to the condition they should be this winter.

"Nice course..."

pbgreen83's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/08/2015

Came back again... And again greens fast. keep it in play and its a always good day... Best 4 letter word (GOLF) (smiles) go chk it out

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

pbgreen83,

Thanks for 5 star review and for playing our golf course! Can't wait to see you again soon!

"Bunker like war bunker."

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/17/2015
Previously played Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Bunker like war bunker.<br/> No come back if not improve

u000003521602,

We hear your complaint regarding the bunkers and we are going to improve them this winter.Thanks for the review!

"Could not get a tee through the ground"

Parker9444448's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/05/2015
First time playing Paired up at course Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Well, if anyone was wondering if they were going to sell off the golf course land... YES.

The maintenance of the course was laughable. I broke 4 tees just trying to get them in the ground.

There is no sand in the bunkers. It was brown dirt literally.

The greens and area surrounding were good.

Unless you live within 10 minutes walking distance, and you can get a rate of 18 dollars... not worth your time or money.

Parker9444448,

Thanks for taking time to write your review. We hear your complaints about the course conditions and we have improved on the conditions since you wrote this review.

"Course in need of help"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/03/2015

I played this course last year & it was in excellent condition. It looks to me as though the course is not being properly maintained, some of the sand traps are being overtaken by growing grass & it looks kinda of rough. The greens were still in good condition & rolling well so I wasn't to dissatisfied. It's a nice course but it appears that it's going under.

u000003633618k,

Thanks for taking the time to write your review. We are working to keep the course in the best condition possible and plan to make improvements this winter.

"Has potential"

dwrandall's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/25/2015
First time playing Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Has potential but needs a lot of TLC Place is up for sale so they are not doing much!! ie: bunker, grooming, weeding!! Employees were nice.Still worth the price$ if on golf now cheap!!

dwrandall ,

We are always striving to keep the course in the best condition we can! We plan on making improvements to the bunkers this winter, come back and see us again soon!

"Nice course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/25/2015

We played this course the other day and it was in pretty nice shape. The green were fast and rolling true. Just have to stay out of the ruff it is a little thick. This a course I will play again. Like it is a hidden gem.

u00000231033,

We are thrilled that you enjoyed the course and had a great experience. Come back and see us again soon!

"Bunkers are unplayable but greens are fantastic"

PM68CD05's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/22/2015
Previously played Paired up at course Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

I saw on the news that they're trying to kill the course to build homes. They bunkers are not playable. You have to pull your ball out and play in the ruff instead. The greens are in excellent condition and maybe the fastest in the DFW area. You must keep the ball below the hole or it will roll off the front of the green.

Commented on 08/25/2015

Hey u312275208,

We are so glad you liked the greens so much! We love that you played the course with us!

We hope to see you back soon!

"20 dollar holler"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/17/2015

Played it on hot deal for under 20 bucks. Had the course basically to myself. Weird layout on holes but very nice greens⛳️ Really quick but hold well! Can't wait to play it again!

Commented on 08/21/2015

Hey u312275208,

Thank you for the great review, we are so glad you enjoyed the greens and were able to take advantage of a slow time at the course!

We are looking forward to seeing you back again.

"baked out"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/16/2015

Great course for a prep for the British Open it was baked out. Greens hard and fast fairways very thin bunkers unplayable

Quality of food & beverage: Poor

Commented on 08/21/2015

Hey u000002787478,

Thank you for coming out and playing. We are sorry the course conditions weren't up to par. We are actively working to improve these conditions, however the Texas heat isn't doing us any favors.

We hope to see you back in the fall!

"Fast Greens"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/14/2015

This course is always in pretty decent shape. Greens are very fast and firm, but roll true. If you hit the right line it will hold it. Bunkers are terrible/not playable. All in all one of my favorite course in DFW. I hope they don't shut the doors like rumored.

Commented on 08/17/2015

Hi u00000845955,

Thank you for the great review! We are so glad we are one of your favorites. We can not wait to have you back.

"Golf Club of McKinney"

RShawnPaul's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/06/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Bunkers are in horrible condition. This course publishes many different rates. Their actual twilight rate is $30, but they advertise $17 on their website and $19 on Golfnow.<br/> Even though they advertise $17 on their website they will try to charge you the full $30 + twilight rate if you don't know about their internet pricing they advertise on their website. Very shady and unethical practices in my opinion which basically runs of customers.<br/> They should actually give you a $1 refund back for each time you have to hit out of one of their bunkers.<br/> This used to be a decent course but they have run it into the ground and don't take care of the place.

Quality of food & beverage: Poor

Commented on 08/10/2015

Hi RShawnPaul,

We are very sorry if you think we are being shady about our pricing. The reason we have better rates online is because we can collect an email address from the golfer and when booking online you have to prepay a portion of your tee time.

Please reach out to me directly and we can discuss further, hollynteetimes@yahoo.com

Best Wishes.<br/> The Golf Club at McKinney Management

"Will it be open next year?"

bookkilla's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/21/2015

Course condition has declined significantly. Bunkers have zero sand. All they have is rocks and drainage tubes. Fairways were thick and the rough was super thick. Finding balls 2 feet off the fairway was a chore. If you were in the real rough, might as well save your time. With all that said, the greens were some of the fastest I've played this year and I just got back from top tier Vegas courses last week. Bar has let the liquor license expire so don't plan on having a cold beer while you're there. Price was good via Golfnow. Sad to say that our group probably won't be back. I'm assuming economics and location are dictating conditions and the course could be on its last leg.

Commented on 07/31/2015

Hi bookkilla,

We are sorry that you did not find the course in great condition. We are working hard to get the course back in great shape. the summer heat has hurt us some. We are very glad to hear that you found the greens fast!

We do hope you will play with us again, maybe when it is not so hot outside.

"Good course, poor pace"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/18/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 9 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

I've played this course a few times, the course has always been in good condition. The pace of play has been really bad. Two times in a row I've gotten there and had to wait 30+ minutes after my tee time before I'm able to start.<br/> Though I will add, the staff is friendly and realize the wait is inconvenient and give free range balls while you wait.

Commented on 07/21/2015

Hi mrd09d,

We are so glad you liked the course and found it in good condition. We are very sorry that you had to wait but glad you could hit at the range.

We hope to see you back soon!

"The golf club McKinney"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/30/2015

The golf course is in very poor condition grass is very high in the Ruff bunkers have no Sand wondering if the course is going to go out of business if they can afford to mow and weeded

Commented on 07/14/2015

Hi u000007365226,

We are very sorry that you did not find the course in good condition. We are working hard to get the course in better shape and we have noticed some improvements. We would like if you would give us another chance.

"Not great"

rgilliam42's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/28/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Poor fairway and rough. Awkward course layout. Not really worth more than $30.

Commented on 07/01/2015

Thanks so much for your feedback. We are always working hard to improve the course and are heading in the right direction. We hope you give us another shot!

"Course is a good. Value."

tonysal311's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/20/2015

It's in fair shape considering all the bad weather we've had recently. The whole place needs to be mowed,it's hard to locate your golf ball.The bunkers have extended water damage,but with all the rain lately it's to be expeted.For the discounted rate it was OK

Commented on 06/24/2015

Thank you for the review and your feed back! We will take that into consideration. We hope to see you back soon when the course is dryer.