The Bridges Golf Club

Dress code: Collared shirts or golf industry apparel must be worn at all times; T-shirts, tank tops and denim are not permitted.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Green (W) 73 5229 yards 70.9 125

Location is in the 'burbs worth the drive convenient to the city   Great for advanced golfers locals a weekend splurge   Challenges include forced carries elevation changes narrow fairways   Great for drinks 19th hole scenic views patio dining

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/08/2017

"Great Experience. Be Accurate!"

slaptheballaround's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/02/2017
First time playing Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

Had a great time playing The Bridges for the first time. Cool layout, great yardages, tough greens. Don't recommend playing if you're not hitting the ball straight. If you hit it straight and your game is in good shape, highly recommended!

"A must play, but be prepared"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/01/2017
First time playing Used cart Verified Purchaser

The Bridges is in excellent shape:

-Smooth tee boxes

-Fairways like carpet

-Firm but true greens

For these reasons you must play there at least once - Just be mentally prepared. I played from the whites which is 6100 yds. I used driver 3 times. This is a placement course. Fairways are either narrow, or winding. If you do find a fairway then greens are usually accessable, but probably are not any flat puts. Nothing crazy mind you, but know where the undulations might be and try to stay below the pin.

I usually would not complain about a bad hole, but I am here: #14 is not a fair hole. I have no problem with a long hole, or a narrow one, but it seems the only reason this hole exists is to frustrate. the sign at the tee box reads(as close as I remember), "190 to gully/250 to carry." Tee shot is down hill, so maybe 230-235 to carry, but there is no room to miss left(tall growth) or right(hazard/OB). Just a narrow landing area over a 50yd chasm. So your lay up leaves you a 220-230 2nd shot up hill with long bunker on right side. Other than one simple par 3 the other holes provide a fair challenge - playing this course is good for your game - but #14 feels like a bad design that proves nothing.

"Outstanding golf challenge"

Dford's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/22/2017

Interesting and challenging layout and design. Need to bring your A game for this one. Great amenities and staff to boot.

"Great Course to okay"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/27/2017

I enjoy playing this course. The fairways and greens were in good shape. I recommend this course to avid golf players.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/21/2017

"Fun course, horrible owner"

birdiebid's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/21/2017

What an interesting round at The Bridges. We were very satisfied with the course and our round until the 16th hole when the group behind us “played through” by driving past us while we were teeing off. After informing them that we had been waiting for the group in front of us to to clear the fairway, they mentioned that one of the members of the foursome owned the course and that they didn’t see anyone ahead of us. We proceeded to play the hole when the group (including the “owner”) had to backtrack because they realized there was indeed a group ahead of us. To our surprise, instead of apologizing for attempting to play through without permission they mocked the location of our drives.

Considering the average conditions and the disrespectful management, I hope they took a picture of me because it’s the last time they’ll see me there.

"On the hills of the Bridges"

mmet71's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/20/2017

The fairways and the greens were in very good shape for this time of year. The round was a little slow at 4 hours and 45 minutes. The slow play was the group in front of us that was a hole behind and played from the back tee box with their 150 yard drives.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/19/2017

"Under Construction"

jmcwhirt8's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/15/2017

This course was right near where I was staying and it was recommended to me the day before. If you do not hit the ball straight this course will punish you. For a course that is as nice as it is to not have GPS on the golf cart was strange I wasn't going to buy the golf book for $7 when I don't live in the area so that didn't make sense to me. The course was very wet when we played it didn't rain so they must water the course it made for a tough round and my clubs and shoes were full of mud when i was done.

"Great Course, Friendly Staff"

Paul6828852's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/31/2017

First time playing this course and was a little skeptical because of some previous reviews on the difficulty of the course and the lack of friendliness of the Staff. I'm very happy to report that I had an excellent experience. We checked in to the pro shop and the person was very friendly. When we told him it was our first time there, he went out of his way to tell us about where to get the carts, where to grab a cooler to use and ice, where the practice areas were and the bar and restaurant and the first tee. The starter was terrific too, giving us a few tips and being very friendly. He additionally came up to us on the course and brought us some balls. As for the course difficulty, I didn't find it as hard as I expected. Sure, there are some forced carries and landing areas that are smaller or slope to one side but I didn't think it was unfair. I was expecting lots of blind shots from the reviews I read, but there were none. I'm not saying it's an easy course and I did lose a few balls, but I felt the course was fair and was only penal when you hit bad shots.

Paul,

We appreciate your kind words, and thanks for your review. We take great pride in providing the best possible golf experience to our customers. We look forward to seeing you out on the course again soon!

"In repair"

debdurb's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/25/2017

Last rain washed out nine hole so you have to repeat hole number one to get in your 18 holes. The rest of the course looks fine. If you haven't played this course it's narrow and difficult . Be good to yourself and Lay up when necessary

Commented on 09/04/2017

Thanks for your review. We apologize for the inconvenience of the hole closure on #9. Fortunately, we have completed our repair of the mudslide on #9, and it is now open for play. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

"Hole closed"

Tony6933113's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/21/2017

Number nine was closed which was a bit frustrating but great course

Tony,

Thank you for your review. You will be pleased to know that we have now repaired the mudslide on hole #9, and it is now open for play. We look forward to seeing you out on the course again soon!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/29/2017

"Great track but challenging."

aliikane10's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/11/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

The Bridges is one of the better courses in the East Bay Area. The layout is great and every hole is different. It is home of one of the biggest greens in the Bay Area, if not the biggest. Lots of elevation change which makes it tough. It plays pretty long because there are some long par 3s and par 4s. There is a lot of trouble off the tees but fairways are generally pretty generous and there is usually one side to miss it to. Green complexes are pretty difficult so bring your short game as greens are not the easiest to hit.

Facilities. Pretty nice big clubhouse with restaurant. Not much in the way of good practice facilities and everything is spaced far apart. Range is across the street. Mats only. Putting green in the range. Chipping green near clubhouse. Big nice putting green near entrance.

Condition. Condition of the course is usually very good. Greens are some of the better ones in the area for public courses. Usually quick greens but hold pretty well.

Pace of play. Good on weekdays. Weekends can play slower of course. Also, as mentioned before, The Bridges has one of the biggest greens (#16) in the East Bay Area if not the biggest. I paced it off at 75 yards long!!

Commented on 07/15/2017

This is a fantastic review. You covered everything! Wait, how was the parking?! Thanks for the detail. I'm off to go thru any other reviews you have. Cheers!

"Bridges GC San Ramon"

Edgar5394330's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/12/2017

Great course. One of the most challenging in area.

uooooo3564825's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/07/2017

"bad start"

tom4880's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/07/2017

i have been here 3 times and the front desk is always very rude to Golfnow customers if you don't want discounted tee times don't offer them! the course was in great shape weather was great everyone else was very friendly. why harass people for being Golfnow customers? i don't get it.

ChrisHulick's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2017

Marshal needs to ensure pace of play does not resultin waiting on every tee box.

"The Bridges"

klefevre1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/24/2017

Be prepared to lose a lot of balls unless you hit it dead straight ... on the flip side, you will probably find a lot of balls. Try to play with someone with local knowledge... I didn't and paid the price. What I thought was a perfect tee shot turned into a lost ball more than once! There were a couple of drivable holes which was fun and made me feel like a pro! Others... better pull out the hybrid or you will be in the creek! The course was in great condition and good price on GolfNow! It was disappointing after the round when I wanted to grab a beer with fellow competitors and there was nobody tending a small, worthless little bar. It was basically shut down on a Wednesday at 5PM. Rather odd! But, you could just head down the road to The Firehouse No. 37