Coyote Springs Golf Club

• 3100 State Route 168 , Coyote Springs, NV 89037, USA
  • (877) 742-8455, (702) 422-1400
  • coyotesprings.com

Year built: 2008
Architect(s): Jack Nicklaus (2008)
Type: Resort

Practice bunker: Yes

Credit cards accepted: Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express

Location is worth the drive   Great for advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include water hazards undulating greens bunkers

"Scenic and challenging"

dale696's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/13/2017

Played as second group out on a Friday, so pace of play was no issue. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Course itself was challenging but fair, lots of room off the tee but difficult green complexes (a Nicklaus staple, but mostly fair). The greenside bunkers are maybe starting to show their age a little, regardless they are difficult to get out of so use caution on approach shots. The scenery, very dramatic and picturesque from start to finish!

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 10/18/2017:

Thank you for choosing Coyote Springs Golf Club, Dale. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your round from start to finish and we hope to see you out here again soon.

"Great Course & Worth the Drive!"

P093185's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/07/2017

Great Nicklaus design (wouldn't expect anything less!) and course was in extremely good condition. A great value and must play if you're in the Vegas area.

Tee shots have pretty generous landing areas, but many fairways have numerous undulations where it can be difficult to have a level lie. Approach shots and around the greens can be very challenging, as the greens are well bunkered and have several tiers to allow for a lot of different pin placements. You need to really think your way around this course and keep the ball below the hole on the greens if possible. The course has a great variety of holes so you won't get bored.

I found it very enjoyable to play - can be difficult at times but not unfair. Well worth the hour drive north of Vegas. Only observation is that I played on a Saturday early afternoon as a single and there were a number of foursomes ahead. Many were friendly and let me play through but it was pretty backed up. But, on a weekend you kind of expect more players. Play during the week or later on a weekend if you want to try and play faster. Again, if you want to play a really nice Nicklaus course, you've got to play here.

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 10/18/2017:

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and kind words. We appreciate you providing some helpful tips for any future golfers that haven't played Coyote Springs yet. We hope to see you out here again soon!

"enjoyably challenging"

u352086966's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/04/2017

The course was in great condition. The layout is challenging and can be as long as your driver can handle. There is not a level spot on the greens. possibly the most challenging I've ever putted on. If you like a challenging and scenic course, come on and play.

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 10/09/2017:

Thank you for your review! We appreciate that you enjoyed the challenging but fun layout and greens. We hope to see you out here at Coyote Springs Golf Club again soon.

"Outstanding Golf"

James1531543's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/04/2017

Everything about Coyote Springs was outstanding. A great Nicklaus layout. Bunkers are deep, fairways are wide. Greens are consistent with a few areas in need of repair. Overall, well worth the money. Will play it every time we are in Vegas.

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 10/09/2017:

Thank you for your kind words and the 5-star rating, James. We look forward to you teeing it up with us next time you're in the area.

"Really good layout , great conditions"

stathas3232's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/19/2017

Really a nice course to play, greens excellent, worth the drive, really easy to get to, check for discounts, would play again,

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 09/26/2017:

Thank you for choosing Coyote Springs Golf Club! We're glad you had an enjoyable experience. Did you mean to leave a 5-star rating as opposed to the 1-star? If so, we'd love for you to update that. Thank you!

Commented on 09/27/2017

Your comments of the course are good. Did you mean to give 1 star?

"Good Course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/12/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Very nice layout lot of undulation . Need to think on approach shots Traps are well placed. On a couple of Tees feel that the natural growth needs trimmed a bit, not that it should affect shot but does make line of site a bit awkward.

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 09/20/2017:

Thank you for your 4-star review and rating. We appreciate your feedback and we hope you come back and visit us again soon.

"Nice, but it's time has passed."

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/26/2017

I wanted to like this course. A lot. I really did.

But all I can say is that, it's okay. For the drive from Las Vegas, I'd rather go up to Wolf Creek or Pauite. The staff is very friendly. The pace of play fantastic. But, the heat and lack of water is killing the course. Many greens severely patched. They hadn't rolled the greens or cut them when I played, a Saturday, so they were VERY slow and bumpy. The fairways were struggling to stay green. Layout and design were fantastic.

The clubhouse is a series of mobile trailers. Practice facility is good. The practice green was under repair when I played.

I heard that they are going to try to move forward with permitting for the home complex and other course, again. That will sink the existing course and kill it when the economy hits its next recession.

As I said, I really wanted to like it because I heard good things about it.

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 09/20/2017:

Thank you for choosing to play Coyote Springs Golf Club. We are sorry to hear that we didn't exceed your expectations but we hope you'll consider making the drive out here again to give us another chance in the future.

"This is good golf course"

luckyhorner's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/22/2017

Played 36 holes in 6 1/2 hours. First group out. Enjoyed playing the course again after a few years. Greens held approach shots well. Pace of greens was average for desert. Don't know how they keep rough so thick but fair. Only downside is how far it is out there. Would play again. Free replay was great

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 08/29/2017:

Thank you for your review. We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our course so much that you decided to play another 18. Nothing better than averaging a little over 3 hours per round. We hope you make the drive out here again soon.

mrdsquared1983's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/07/2017

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 08/11/2017:

Thank you for the 5 stars! Come see us again soon.

"Hidden Secret"

burnsb1's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/23/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

We had heard about this course after playing in Mesquite. WOW is all I can say. The course is gorgeous. Great layout. Mr Nicholas does love his undulating greens and bunkers :)

Fairways and greens were in great shape. The staff was incredible. From the check in through the restaurant. Truly you have to have the breakfast sandwhich. Maybe the best we have ever had. Prices were more than reasonable. Definitly worth the hour drive from Las Vegas.

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 08/09/2017:

Awesome! Thank you for leaving this great review. We are thrilled to hear much you enjoyed your overall golfing experience and also the breakfast sandwiches. Next time you're in the area be sure to join us for another round.

"beautiful course, few weaknesses"

Cburchill's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/21/2017

Course is gorgeous. Beautiful scenery and fairways. Greens had been recently aerated, but overall, look like they are very nice when in their prime. Two glaring weaknesses we encountered were the sandtrap's and tee boxes.

The sandtraps look pristine but when you actually have to hit a shot out of them (I had plenty of experience with this, unfortunately) you encounter a different condition. The layer of pristine sand is thin with what seems like a basketball court underneath. Lots of bladed shots from bounced club heads.

The tee boxes had not been placed on the back nine by the time we got around to them which was around 9am. Not a reflection on the course but more so on the maintenance. Not a major deal as we took the liberty to hit from where we wanted to as the tee box markers laid in a heap off the side of each tee box. Just expect a little more effort from such a beautiful course.

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 06/13/2017:

Thank you for your review and feedback. We apologize if your overall experience was not up to par but we hope you'll give us another try soon. The course is looking great!

"Worth the Trip"

grinda's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/02/2017

Coyote Springs is worth the trip. Every hole is beautiful and challenges the golfer with a risk-reward placement opportunity. Just wanted to keep playing!

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 05/04/2017:

Thank you for your 5-star rating and kind words about our golf course. We couldn't agree with you more! We hope to see you out here for another round soon.

"Coyote Springs"

Tim1371314's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2017

It's a drive to get there but worth it. Nice layout. Course was in great shape.

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 05/04/2017:

Thank you, Tim! We hope you'll make the drive out here for another round soon.

"Jack Nicklaus Mogul Gem"

majorduffer's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/19/2017

The course is set by itself in the desert and is very beautiful. Built in 2008, it is mature and lush with desert vegetation.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. They had plenty of water and other amenities for golifers. The only problem is they let Jack Nicklaus design it. There is not a level lie in the fairways which are mostly moguls. Many times you never knew where your ball was going after it hit the fairway. He even put bunkers in the middle of fairways. There were a lots of water hazards and bunkers also to catch your golf balls. The greens though we're more reasonable. For 20 handicappers, we found the course designed more for single digits players. We have played several courses designed by Jack and this carries on his mantra of testing your ability to constantly hit off uneven list and out of bunkers. There is another course there layed out by Pete Dye and Jack.....hold me back when that nightmare gets built. I think skilled golfers would enjoy this test of golf and for the value it was very good.

"Awesome course experience"

mdtka's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/13/2017

The course was tough with the wind blowing 20 to 30. Without course knowledge made it even tougher. Next time will play better for sure. But an awesome day of golf

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 04/25/2017:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We're glad that you enjoyed the course so much and we hope the next time you play the wind won't be blowing so hard.

"An interesting experiment"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/25/2017

An abandoned Jack Nicholas course in the middle of nowhere? Sounded like a good road trip. As I drove out there my thoughts were did I have enough gas, snacks and water incase something happened, you feel like you are off the map, and cell service was spotty. Staff were so nice and the practice facility with free balls was also very nice. I forgot how much undulation Jack's fairways and greens have so I found the course pretty hard. Conditions were great though. They say they will be building houses there soon so if you want to try it I would do it before then. I won't play it again because it is just too far out there. Definitely worth trying if that doesn't concern you!

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 04/19/2017:

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and feedback. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the course but are saddened to hear that you won't be making the drive out here again. We hope you change your mind and join us for another round of golf in the near future!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/21/2017

Great layout. Course in super shape. Greens a real test but rolled really true. Played in a day of strong wind which made it more of a challenge. Well worth the hour trip from Vegus

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 05/03/2017:

Thank you for your review and 5 stars. Come join us for another round soon and hopefully it will be less windy!

"5+hour round"

christmas2012's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/17/2017

The signature bear traps (excellent sand) are so numerous and strategically placed the average golfer would be frustrated. An hour drive from Las Vegas in the middle of nowhere. I''m sure collegiate golfers and experienced tournament players would enjoy the challenge. We don't know what purpose the alleged "ranger" serves. We encountered him at hole 16 just minutes before dusk at 6:30 pm which would have been 4.5 hours into the round.

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 04/17/2017:

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and share your feedback. We are sorry to hear that the pace of play was not as enjoyable as it could have been. Come join us for another round in the future and we'll do our best to turn those 2 stars into 5 stars!

u190830770's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/11/2017

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 03/22/2017:

Thank you for your 5 stars! Come see us again soon.

"Most ridiculous golf cart sign in"

gr8m3's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/08/2017

The make the driver and passenger sign for the cart on an i-pad including name, phone and e-mail, which is a farce. When talking to the employees they are more frustrated than the golfers and are the first ones to admit that this is crazy. They are getting abused all day about this procedure and the GM must be a paranoid kid out of college with no common sense.

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 03/28/2017:

Your feedback is much appreciated. We look forward to seeing you out here for another round of golf in the near future.