Coyote Springs Golf Club

• 3100 State Route 168 , Coyote Springs, NV 89037, USA
  • (877) 742-8455, (702) 422-1400
  • coyotesprings.com

Year built: 2008
Architect(s): Jack Nicklaus (2008)
Type: Resort

Practice bunker: Yes

Credit cards accepted: Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express

Location is worth the drive   Great for advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include water hazards undulating greens bunkers

mrdsquared1983's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/07/2017

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 08/11/2017:

Thank you for the 5 stars! Come see us again soon.

"Hidden Secret"

burnsb1's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/23/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

We had heard about this course after playing in Mesquite. WOW is all I can say. The course is gorgeous. Great layout. Mr Nicholas does love his undulating greens and bunkers :)

Fairways and greens were in great shape. The staff was incredible. From the check in through the restaurant. Truly you have to have the breakfast sandwhich. Maybe the best we have ever had. Prices were more than reasonable. Definitly worth the hour drive from Las Vegas.

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 08/09/2017:

Awesome! Thank you for leaving this great review. We are thrilled to hear much you enjoyed your overall golfing experience and also the breakfast sandwiches. Next time you're in the area be sure to join us for another round.

"beautiful course, few weaknesses"

Cburchill's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/21/2017

Course is gorgeous. Beautiful scenery and fairways. Greens had been recently aerated, but overall, look like they are very nice when in their prime. Two glaring weaknesses we encountered were the sandtrap's and tee boxes.

The sandtraps look pristine but when you actually have to hit a shot out of them (I had plenty of experience with this, unfortunately) you encounter a different condition. The layer of pristine sand is thin with what seems like a basketball court underneath. Lots of bladed shots from bounced club heads.

The tee boxes had not been placed on the back nine by the time we got around to them which was around 9am. Not a reflection on the course but more so on the maintenance. Not a major deal as we took the liberty to hit from where we wanted to as the tee box markers laid in a heap off the side of each tee box. Just expect a little more effort from such a beautiful course.

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 06/13/2017:

Thank you for your review and feedback. We apologize if your overall experience was not up to par but we hope you'll give us another try soon. The course is looking great!

"Worth the Trip"

grinda's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/02/2017

Coyote Springs is worth the trip. Every hole is beautiful and challenges the golfer with a risk-reward placement opportunity. Just wanted to keep playing!

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 05/04/2017:

Thank you for your 5-star rating and kind words about our golf course. We couldn't agree with you more! We hope to see you out here for another round soon.

"Coyote Springs"

Tim1371314's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2017

It's a drive to get there but worth it. Nice layout. Course was in great shape.

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 05/04/2017:

Thank you, Tim! We hope you'll make the drive out here for another round soon.

"Jack Nicklaus Mogul Gem"

majorduffer's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/19/2017

The course is set by itself in the desert and is very beautiful. Built in 2008, it is mature and lush with desert vegetation.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. They had plenty of water and other amenities for golifers. The only problem is they let Jack Nicklaus design it. There is not a level lie in the fairways which are mostly moguls. Many times you never knew where your ball was going after it hit the fairway. He even put bunkers in the middle of fairways. There were a lots of water hazards and bunkers also to catch your golf balls. The greens though we're more reasonable. For 20 handicappers, we found the course designed more for single digits players. We have played several courses designed by Jack and this carries on his mantra of testing your ability to constantly hit off uneven list and out of bunkers. There is another course there layed out by Pete Dye and Jack.....hold me back when that nightmare gets built. I think skilled golfers would enjoy this test of golf and for the value it was very good.

"Awesome course experience"

mdtka's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/13/2017

The course was tough with the wind blowing 20 to 30. Without course knowledge made it even tougher. Next time will play better for sure. But an awesome day of golf

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 04/25/2017:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We're glad that you enjoyed the course so much and we hope the next time you play the wind won't be blowing so hard.

"An interesting experiment"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/25/2017

An abandoned Jack Nicholas course in the middle of nowhere? Sounded like a good road trip. As I drove out there my thoughts were did I have enough gas, snacks and water incase something happened, you feel like you are off the map, and cell service was spotty. Staff were so nice and the practice facility with free balls was also very nice. I forgot how much undulation Jack's fairways and greens have so I found the course pretty hard. Conditions were great though. They say they will be building houses there soon so if you want to try it I would do it before then. I won't play it again because it is just too far out there. Definitely worth trying if that doesn't concern you!

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 04/19/2017:

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and feedback. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the course but are saddened to hear that you won't be making the drive out here again. We hope you change your mind and join us for another round of golf in the near future!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/21/2017

Great layout. Course in super shape. Greens a real test but rolled really true. Played in a day of strong wind which made it more of a challenge. Well worth the hour trip from Vegus

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 05/03/2017:

Thank you for your review and 5 stars. Come join us for another round soon and hopefully it will be less windy!

"5+hour round"

christmas2012's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/17/2017

The signature bear traps (excellent sand) are so numerous and strategically placed the average golfer would be frustrated. An hour drive from Las Vegas in the middle of nowhere. I''m sure collegiate golfers and experienced tournament players would enjoy the challenge. We don't know what purpose the alleged "ranger" serves. We encountered him at hole 16 just minutes before dusk at 6:30 pm which would have been 4.5 hours into the round.

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 04/17/2017:

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and share your feedback. We are sorry to hear that the pace of play was not as enjoyable as it could have been. Come join us for another round in the future and we'll do our best to turn those 2 stars into 5 stars!

u190830770's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/11/2017

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 03/22/2017:

Thank you for your 5 stars! Come see us again soon.

"Most ridiculous golf cart sign in"

gr8m3's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/08/2017

The make the driver and passenger sign for the cart on an i-pad including name, phone and e-mail, which is a farce. When talking to the employees they are more frustrated than the golfers and are the first ones to admit that this is crazy. They are getting abused all day about this procedure and the GM must be a paranoid kid out of college with no common sense.

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 03/28/2017:

Your feedback is much appreciated. We look forward to seeing you out here for another round of golf in the near future.

Barry27's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/06/2017
Previously played Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

Great course. Traps are everywhere.Greens very challenging. Very nice course to play.

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 03/08/2017:

Thank you for your great 5-star review! We hope to see you out here again, Barry.

"Good course, though not worth the drive"

ChugMulligan's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/20/2017
First time playing Used cart Cold weather

Course is fun to play and has some beautiful views. That being said, I don't think it is worth the hour drive from the Vegas strip. Course is literally in the middle of nowhere, at least 30 to 40 miles from the nearest gas station. We played on a cold day in Feb apparently after some rain, because the greens were soft and very chewed up. The starter asked us to please repair all ball marks, a request that was clearly ignored by most players, as the greens were in poor condition...bumpy and loaded with ball and spike marks. In addition, the greens are loaded with undulation, which didn't bother me too much, although my playing partner hated them and thought they were circus, mini-golf type contours. Overall I enjoyed the course, but not enough to drive an hour to play it again. There are better options closer to Vegas, and if you do want to drive an hour from the strip to play golf, go to Wolf Creek. Much better experience.

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 02/28/2017:

We are sorry to hear that you feel the drive out here wasn't worth it. We hope you'll join us for another round in the future on a day with better weather.

"I'll be back"

gas1204's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/19/2017

The course was in great condition despite an inch of rain the day before. Pace of play was great - we couldn't keep up to the threesome in front of us so we let a twosome play through our foursome. I'd only played the course once before but I remembered a lot of the holes because they're distinctive. There is a modest little restaurant that made us breakfast and everyone at the golf course tries hard to meet your needs.

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 02/28/2017:

Thank you for your kind words and 5 stars. We are very happy to hear how much you enjoyed your overall experience. Come join us for another round soon!

"Beautiful but Difficult"

golfgoofy's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/15/2017

The course is beautiful and well maintained. The undulating greens can be mystifying and quick. More than enough sand traps for my liking. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 02/28/2017:

Thank you for your review and 5-star rating. Hopefully, you weren't in the bunkers too much during your round. We look forward to seeing you out here again soon!

"Pace of play insane"

robert208's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/15/2017

We played only 12 holes in 3h45, for 18 it would have take over 5h30. When we went away we saw that two complete holes, a par 4 and a par 5 were completely empty. One group was totally holding the course and the marshall didn't do anything to solve that problem. We address our problem once we got back to our car and they gave us a free round. People at pro-shop we're very understanding.

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 02/24/2017:

We look forward to seeing you out here soon, Robert!

"Oasis in the desert"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/14/2017

The course is literally an oasis ... it's surrounded by nothing by desert ! Excellent condition for a desert course and it has water holes, elevation changes , undulated greens and great mountain views . Staff was very friendly and course was marshalled, but pace of play was slow . Well worth the hour drive north of downtown Vegas .

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 02/28/2017:

We appreciate your 5-star review very much! Hope to see you out here again soon!

"One of my favourites"

dwalls's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/13/2017

Found Coyote Springs listed on GolfNow for an unbelievable rate. Talked my wife into making the roughly 50 minute drive out from Vegas. What a great decision! The layout and conditions are fantastic. Every shot demands your attention. If you are debating the drive out to play Coyote, debate no longer. Make the drive out, you won't regret it. Great golf course.

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 02/28/2017:

We are thrilled to hear that the drive out here was well worth it. Thank you for the 5 stars! We hope you guys make the drive out here again soon!

"super lay out/greens"

martinh12's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/12/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

It is a nice course in the middle of no where. Fairways and greens are in great shape. It was very challenging along with the elements. Would recommend it to anyone to play. Enjoy the day and scenery.

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 02/28/2017:

Thank you, Martin! Come join us for another round soon!