Waikele Country Club

Ladies' 72 5226 yards 0.0 0

Average Rating 3.0 stars from 5

jabiru95's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/20/2016

Great day at this course although the greens had not been cut down recently. very slow and not on line as ball moved and jumped around on several greens. somewhat disappointing. Rest of the house was perfect.

"Very unhappy"

Noswadcram's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/11/2015

I have golfed this course many times and consider it my favorite. I recently got married and my wife and I started to golf together. She is a beginner and we have been going to smaller courses to get her confidence up. So I called Waikele to make a tee time for a twosome because she was ready to make the next step and Waikele is fun and beautiful. The person that answered, who was hard to understand because of a thick accent, said I would be most likely teamed up with another twosome. I said I preferred just a twosome and she said maybe. So we go to our tee time and my name is not on the list and I am told that I CANNOTbe be a twosome only foursomes are allowed. In fact the workers taking our bags went so far as to tell me and my wife if we like to be a twosome we would have to pay for a foursome. They said this several times implying that we were not smart in understanding how this procedure works. I have been golfing for over 15 years in Hawaii and I have never been treated like this by anyone at a golf course. We called Price and got an immediate tee time for a twosome no questions asked. I am no longer going to golf at Waikele and I will share my experience with holders I know. I don't know what happened but I know there has been a change in ownership and if this is what they condone I am appalled.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"Disappointed... not the same anymore"

golfcouplenorthvan's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/18/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

We have played this course every year for the last 4 years while on holidays. The first 2 years were great. The last 2 years have been horrible. The last round took 5 1/2 hours to play. They cater heavily to the tourists that come in busloads. There was one instance where there were 4 groups on playing on the same par 5 cause it was so backed up. Some groups even joined together to make a 6somes in order to try to make it bareable. The marshals are completely useless. I thought it was a one off last year, but this year they proved me correct. This course is definitely trending in the wrong direction.

"A Surprising Gem"

Bobemac's avatar
Texas Advisor

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/15/2012

This golf course has to be the biggest sleeper on Oahu.<br/> We actually were referred here by the pro shop at Royal Kunia Golf Club.<br/> This course is in fine condition, everything is clean and neat. There are beautiful plants everywhere.<br/> The carts are new and come with GPS.<br/> The starter is very friendly, the clubhouse is neat and well done.It is designed as an 19th century Hawaiian plantation house.<br/> They are great prices for residents and some on Golf Now.<br/> Tees and greens are in good condition, and pace of play was good with Mike the Marshall on patrol.<br/> Waikele is our favorite Oahu course of the five we played this year so far.