Seminole Lake Country Club

Credit cards accepted: None

Yellow (W) 71 5437 yards 72.1 133

Average Rating 3.9 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city in the 'burbs worth the drive   Great for locals seniors advanced golfers   Challenges include water hazards bunkers forced carries   Great for drinks brunch amazing food

"Great course, excellent greens, amateur ranger"

AllFours's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/24/2017

Love this course. Great layout that is firm but fair. Excellent greens, best of anywhere in town.

3 stars because of the ranger. I appreciate when courses have a ranger to keep pace of play going smoothly. But a bad ranger can ruin a round and this one did. He pulls up and asks our group (as we are sitting waiting for the group in front to move so we can to hit), "how long do you think a round of golf should take?"

We answer four hours. He says our group is twenty minutes behind. We point to the group in front of us. He says speed it up and pulls off, rather than apologize.

Terrible approach, miserable way to handle slow play and he should be in a different position at the course.

Now how many reviews he is mentioned in.

I'm the one who convinced our tour to book here instead of Bardmoor and this dashed an otherwise unanimous feeling that we made the right choice.

We will be back, but if the same happens that would be the end.

Response from Seminole Lake Country Club on 06/27/2017:

Thank you AllFours for your review. We apologize for the ranger and how you were treated. We will address this immediately with our staff and we hope you will come back and give us another try. Please send us an email at seminolelakeccmanagement@gmail.com so we can discuss further and invite you back for another round.

"Nice course"

fireman82's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/20/2017

A little damp the day I played. Course was in good shape and was a nice layout.

"Great course for average golfers"

Roderick4316804's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/17/2017

You'll want to come back to play this course again. In the rainy season of summer, the course was in great shape. Greens were firm and true and the people here are nice and helpful. I went as a single and got matched with some very nice locals. Try this one and you'll want to play it again and again.

"The greens are perfect!"

scrosbygolf1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/15/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

The course layout is better than most. Some teeboxes needed some work, but the fairways were in good shape and the greens were excellent.

"Worth the Trip"

SLorenzo8's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2017

Never played this course and got it on a Hot Deal for a bargain. Loved everything about the course, challenges yet getable. Definitely going back to this course.

Response from Seminole Lake Country Club on 06/16/2017:

Thank you SLorenzo8 for the fantastic review and feedback of our golf course. It is fantastic to see you had such a good time on the course and managed to get a good deal. Please come back and see us again for more of the best golf in Tampa, Florida.

"Definitely a place to play"

Robert2689481's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2017

The course was in great condition, especially the greens. Staff were courteous and friendly. Will definitely go back!!!

Response from Seminole Lake Country Club on 06/12/2017:

Thank you Robert for your 5-star review and feedback of our golf course. We appreciate you taking the time and are thrilled you had a good time on the course. With great conditions, friendly staff and fantastic golfers such as yourself make for a great time on the course. Please come back and see us again very soon for more of the best of in the Tampa Bay area.

"Absolutely magnificent"

muniscrub's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/05/2017
First time playing Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

Words cannot justify the beauty and condition of this course.Both nines wind through a residential neighborhood right on Long Bayou with the front nine right on the edge making this the more distinctive of the 2 nines.Water comes into play 13 of the holes making tee shots a priority.Hole #7 is the highlight of the course a par 3 with a shot over water guarded in the front by a bunker.Not an overly long course but wind and damp conditions can make it play longer.There are a couple of longer par 4's on the back.Pro shop was well stocked and even though i did not go in restaurant I think it probably run professionally.The only reason I didn't give this a 5 star in all was the sourpuss in the pro shop who couldn't remember me when I made the turn 1.5 hrs.after checking in,maybe the he should take lessons from the cart guy who was great.If I lived in Pinellas county this would be my home course and this is worth the drive from anywhere in central Florida.

Response from Seminole Lake Country Club on 06/08/2017:

Thank you muniscrub for your 5-star review and feedback of our golf course. We love hearing you love the beautiful scenery and layout of the course. Come back and see us again very soon for more of the best golf in the Tampa, Florida area.

Pict1000wd's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/05/2017

Response from Seminole Lake Country Club on 06/08/2017:

Thank you Pict1000wd for the 4-star review and feedback of Seminole Lake Country Club. We appreciate you taking the time and we hope to see you back again very soon!

"Great round of golf"

mballar4's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/01/2017

The course is in great condition and challenging. Staff were friendly in the shop. Overall I'd recommend this course.

Response from Seminole Lake Country Club on 06/05/2017:

Thank you mballar4 for your 4-star review and feedback of Seminole Lake Country Club. Please let us know if you ever need anything and come back and see us again very soon!

"Packed on a Dreary Tuesday!"

Brian9274999's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/23/2017

Got there late tuesday morning on a windy, overcast day. The course was packed! Not even an open bay on the practice tee! Skipped rhe round and went back home as didn't feel like playing a 5 hour round.

Response from Seminole Lake Country Club on 05/26/2017:

Thank you so much for you review of our golf course. We apologize for not having an open bay for you to hit out of and we hope you will come back and see us again when we slow down a bit here in the summer months.

"Tight set-up, perfect (close to it) greens"

grubby98's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/22/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

Other than the fairways I have nothing bad to say (They were not the bad, would have gave this a 4.5 rating). Played as a single starting out, due to Monday morning men's league, I joined up with a twosome and another single and really enjoyed the round. Tee box perfect, greens awesome, but fairways need a little work. I like to play golf by the rules (HCP 4), but had to play the ball up in the fairways. The greens other than people not fixing ball-marks were perfect. Sound traps were nice and soft, be careful of those lips!! Next trip down I will def play again and hope I run into the members I joined for a nice morning of golf!!!!

JefferyJones11's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/18/2017

Response from Seminole Lake Country Club on 05/22/2017:

Thank you JefferyJones11 for your review and feedback of our golf course. We are thrilled you had a good time on the course and we hope to see you back again very soon!

"Exceptional course and staff"

xbikerx76's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/16/2017

We were in town on vacation and wanted to play around of golf so we started looking around to see what we could find, we talked to some locals who told us they couldn't buy any rain for months so I was worried the courses would be in bad shape. Boy was we wrong Seminole lakes was in awesome shape the greens are some of the best I have ever played on, they rolled as smooth as glass and the grass was like smooth carpet, the fairways was great and the tee boxes, even the woods was clean.. at the turn they was very accommodating to my father in law who is diabetic by letting us do lunch at the turn from there amazing chef, when we come back we will for sure book around here again.. Thank you for a great experience..

Response from Seminole Lake Country Club on 05/26/2017:

Thank you xbikerx76 for your 5-star review of our golf course. We are thrilled you had a good time on the course and found the conditions to be to your liking. Please come back and see us again very soon!

"Seminole Lake Review"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/15/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Course was in extremely good shape based on the

lack of rain in Florida.- Greens were in excellent shape

Staff was friendly -

Greens fees / Cart and Club rental - $71.00 great

buy.

Played from forward senior tees

Response from Seminole Lake Country Club on 05/18/2017:

Thank you for your review and feedback of our golf course. We love hearing our staff took such great care of you and you enjoyed the conditions. Please come back and see us again very soon!

"Great course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/14/2017

Challenging fairways, greens are true and in great shape. I would definitely go back! Staff was friendly and courteous.

Response from Seminole Lake Country Club on 05/18/2017:

Thank you so much for your review and feedback of our golf course. We are thrilled you had such a good day on the course and found it to be a challenge. Please come back and see us again very soon!

mrgc333's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/09/2017

Response from Seminole Lake Country Club on 05/11/2017:

Hi, George. Thank you for reviewing the course. We appreciate the 4-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to earn 5-stars next time. Feel free to comment on this review and provide additional feedback. Thank you for playing Seminole Lake Country Club.

"Dream greens"

06mike's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/08/2017

Staff meet us at the car and unloaded our bags...check in went quick and we were able to hit some balls and get off early....course was in good shape...new greens were a dream to put on....fast and true....best part of the round was the putting....very impressed

Response from Seminole Lake Country Club on 05/22/2017:

Thank you 06mike for your 5-star review and feedback of our golf course. We are thrilled you had a good time on the course and our staff took such good care of you. We hope to see you back again very soon!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/06/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Response from Seminole Lake Country Club on 05/08/2017:

Hello, Lawrence. Thank you for reviewing the course. We appreciate the 4-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to earn a 5- stars next time. Feel free to comment on this review and provide additional feedback. Thank you for playing Seminole Lake Country Club.

"Greens In Great Shape"

shockers0's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/06/2017

Overall this was a good value. The greens were in really nice shape and they have some really challenging Par 3s with lots of water to carry. The main knock i give it would be how close and how many houses are just off the edges of the rough. You feel a little smothered but hit it straight and you'll be fine

Response from Seminole Lake Country Club on 05/08/2017:

Hello, Anthony. Thank you for reviewing the course. We appreciate the 4-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to earn a 5- stars next time. Feel free to comment on this review and provide additional feedback. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the course conditions and rates the staff to be excellent during your game. We apologize that you found the homes that are along the course to be too close for comfort. We will pass on this feedback to our team to see what improvements we can make before your next round. Thank you for playing Seminole Lake Country Club.

justmeok's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/04/2017

Response from Seminole Lake Country Club on 05/08/2017:

Hi, Patsy. Thank you for reviewing the course. We appreciate the 4-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to earn a 5- stars next time. Feel free to comment on this review and provide additional feedback. Thank you for playing Seminole Lake Country Club.