Cypress at Woodmont Country Club

Type: Semi-Private

Clubs: No

Green (W) 72 5407 yards 71.0 125

Average Rating 3.8 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive in the 'burbs   Great for locals advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include water hazards bunkers undulating greens   Great for drinks

"Had a fantastic day"

Stripedit's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Nice layout. Fairway conditions much improved by recent rains. Greens receptive and rolling fast and true. Aerated front nine.

"Memorial Day!"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Played late afternoon, felt like we were on a private course! No other golfers ahead or behind us, entire round!

Played in under 3 hours...Some very challenging holes along the way...Especially like closing hole 18...very nice...

thanks!

jason8440348's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/19/2017

"This course is in good shape"

Napoleon's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/16/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Very good design, good maintenance, everyone very friendly.

"Once upon a time, maybe"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/13/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

Horrible conditions throughout the entire course. The greens where horrendous, tee boxes crowned and worn; and weeds (and trash) everywhere. One side is ghetto; the other a burned out house.

Oddly enough the track itself was a decent layout, but that was it. This country club probably was probably nice 40 years ago, but I would not play it again, even for free.

Staff: F

Response from Woodmont Country Club, Inc. - Cypress Course on 05/17/2017:

Hello Jeffrey, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our course, we appreciate your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed our course layout and pace of play. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon.

"Premier Card "Play Fast""

raiders3604's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2017

There's a reason why I booked the 6:56 tee time today and that was to hopefully be done in 2hrs. I arrived and gave starter my receipt before 630. I asked starter if I was going to be by myself and he wanted to know if I wanted to play "fast" or pair up. I told him would love to just play fast and his reply was "as soon as you can see down the first fairway tee off"! I teed off at 632 and was having a great time just enjoying the round. I get to the 9th green and notice a threesome teeing off of #10 tee box. I was upset as their goes my Premier card "fast play" round. I couldn't find the starter and walked into clubhouse and inquired as to why a group was allowed off the #10 tee. The person inside replied that they aren't used to having anybody play this quick. I said that this shouldn't matter as this group should've waited to tee off after I made the turn. Again I was apologized to and stated again that they're not used to somebody playing this quick. I than said that there was a reason why I booked this tee time and I shouldn't be the person to be inconvenienced! I got more upset when starter appeared and made mention that he told this group I was coming down 9 and still proceeded to tee off. Again no customer satisfaction from club house rep and grab my clubs and left.

Course was in good shape and enjoy talking with starter who is always very personable.

"Classic tree-lined layout"

m17j76's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/16/2017

Woodmont is a favorite to play because of all the varieties of mature tees on the layout, spectacular framing of the holes and strategic placing on the inside corner of doglegs. The greens were smooth and quick and a bit firm because of lack of rain and provide scoreable conditions on top of a good challenge. The course layout was nice and not boring. Its a pretty course even for a non golfer who is just along for the ride. Good greens, big trees, classic old style layout. I love it.

"Good Greens"

hockislife1433's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/07/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Woodman seems like it was a once booming country club. While the clubhouse is a bit dated the staff is very friendly and the greens were in great condition. They were fast and pretty firm. The course was in okay-good condition. The range is nothing to write home about. The course is certainly challenging, with some relatively narrow fairways and well placed water. A few of the bunkers could use a little sand but again, for the price I'm certainly not disappointed. The starter warned us about the number of groups on the first few holes (they were moving slowly) but offered to start us on 11 where the course was more open. Overall, I enjoyed my round here and will return for the right price. I thought for what I paid this time of year it was a great value.

"Overall nice golf round"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/03/2017

We were directed to start on hole 10. Did not see anyone in front and behind. Holes nice and friendly. not the greatest conditions but fair enough.

smokifl's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/01/2017
First time playing Used cart Verified Purchaser

First time playing Woodmont and enjoyed the course. Very friendly staff and pace of play was very good. We were 4 who have not played the course before and played under 4 hrs with groups in front and behind us. Greens were fast and had to be careful. Enjoyed it and will play again.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/21/2017

"Nice layout, fast greens"

lboudon's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/20/2017

I was forewarned that the greens were fast and were they ever! On some greens, however, the pin placement made putting a bit unfair if you were above the pin. Overall, the layout is good and the condition of the course also good. The staff were friendly and had me start on 10 to avoid playing behind a bunch of groups. At the turn, however, I was behind two foursomes that were extremely slow. Toward the end I could see that there was an entire hole open in front of them, yet they never thought to let me play through.

"Good course and service"

Andrew3810405's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/17/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Greeted at the parking lot with cart which was great. Friendly staff and decent facility. Courses in South Florida in winter 2017 are very dry so fairways are hard and grass is sparse so do keep that in mind when reading reviews. Pace of play, a key factor when playing a public course in Fort Lauderdale was decent and the marshall visited us twice in the front nine to see we were keeping pace which we were.

The back nine was a refreshing challenge. Lots of water and you are forced to manage your shots. I played 36 holes on the day and benefitted from my education on the second go through.

"Good course at a discount"

nyckid72's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/17/2017

Course was in OK shape. Lots of ball marks on the greens. Tee boxes were a little chewed up. Fair ways were in great shape. Staff were all super friendly. Good course if you can get a discounted rate.

Response from Cypress at Woodmont Country Club on 03/20/2017:

Hey, Steven. Thanks for taking the time to review our course. We appreciate the feedback and love to hear what our golfers are saying. We're glad that you had a good round with us and enjoyed the course layout and were able to play at a good pace. We hope to see you again soon!

"Old and Tired but a good value"

andysimpsonref's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/10/2017

The staff is extremely friendly and makes the experience delightful. From Ron in the pro shop to Charlie as the starter all the staff was top shelf. I went on golf now as a single and my 3-some did not show up so I went out on my own to catch the twosome in front of me who wanted nothing to do with that so I eventually skipped a hole on a par three when a foursome let them play up. After getting around them it was free sailing for the remainder of the round. Others foursomes kindly let me play through which I appreciated.

The course itself is a great layout but the fairways are sparse and the rough is, well rough! The saving grace was the greens that rolled fast and true. Probably rolling at 11 or 12 and held when hit. I can handle the rough fairways as long as the greens are in great shape and much to my delight they were. This is a $35.00 course at best until the course condition gets better. I would play the course again at $35.00 all day long.

Response from Cypress at Woodmont on 03/13/2017:

Good Morning. Andy. We appreciate you taking the time so share some feedback with us. It's good to hear that you had a great experience at Cypress at Woodmont. We're glad that the staff was so wonderful and made for a memorable time here with us. We hope that you keep coming back! See you soon.

Ambarde's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/10/2017

The staff was very friendly, the layout is good but the course was very dry. I have played better courses for less money

Response from Woodmont Country Club on 03/13/2017:

Good Morning, Neville. We appreciate you taking the time to review our course. We're glad to see that you played at a great pace and had a pleasant experience with our staff. We are constantly working on course conditions and hope that you see improvement next time you come out and play. See you soon!

"Not in its best condition right now"

rogingat's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/08/2017

The round was enjoyable even though the fairways are not at their best. They are generally a bit hard and the grass is very short, almost bald. The greens looked bad but actually played fine. A bit faster than I am used to but not enough to cause problems .This was my first time on this course and I found some of the fairways a bit tight for me. Also there are a few hole that have significant water that you can't see off the tee or on the second shot.

Response from Cypress at Woodmont Country Club on 03/10/2017:

Good Morning, Roger. We're glad that this was your first time coming out to play with us and appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. Course conditions remain our top priority and are always working to be better. We hope to see you again soon!

"Fast greens"

HallandaleHitter's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/07/2017

The greens make the course worth playing. Fairways are not weedy but they're thin. Par 5s are strategic as opposed to long.

Response from Woodmont Country Club on 03/13/2017:

Hi, Murray. Thanks for taking the time to review our course. We're glad to hear that the greens were rolling true. We're sorry ti hear that the pace of play was slow. We realize it's hard to enjoy a round when you have to wait between shots. We hope to see you again soon!

"Tired"

twhitehouse's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/04/2017

Very tired facility. Has a lot of potential with its course layout and the amount of land it occupies, but the place just really needs some money spent on it. Tee boxes not mown, lots of bunkers with very little sand in them, rough sprouting weeds, etc. Granted, the place is priced about right for what it is in South FL, but in the end, it just feels very worn down.

Response from Cypress at Woodmont Country Club on 03/06/2017:

Hi, TJ. Thank you for taking the time to review our course. We're sorry to learn that you were unsatisfied with the conditions. We are constantly working to improve the conditions of the course so we hope that you see improvement next time you play here. We're happy to see that you enjoy the course layout and were able to play at a favorable pace. We hope to see you again soon!

medowbrook's avatar