Waldorf Astoria Golf Club

4.6220470588 4.6 stars from 5 (514)

• 14224 Bonnet Creek Resort Lane, Orlando, Florida 32821, Orange County
  • (888) 353-2009, (407) 597-5500
  • waldorfastoriagolfclub.com

Year built: 2009
Architect(s): Rees Jones (2009), Steve Weisser (2009)
Type: Public/Resort

Pull-carts: No
Caddies: No
GPS: Yes

Golf school / academy: Yes - "Waldorf Astoria Golf Academy"

Dress code: Proper golf attire is required at all times.
Credit cards accepted: Major credit cards are accepted.

Professional 72 7108 yards 74.6 139
Blue/White Combo 72 6511 yards 72.2 130
Green (W) 72 5990 yards 76.3 140
Silver 72 5089 yards 70.8 127

Location is near local attractions at a resort convenient to the city   Great for a weekend splurge advanced golfers entertaining clients   Challenges include bunkers water hazards undulating greens   Great for drinks patio dining 19th hole scenic views

"Birthday surprise"

u561966795's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/15/2017

The course was beautiful, the staff very customer service oriented, and the discount price was good too.

"Great course"

Michael6502128's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/13/2017

It's Florida in the summer, so it rains every afternoon. We took a truck that had tonneau cover on back so clubs would t get wet on ride there or back. Valet took truck and unloaded clubs for us which is great. Only problem was they didn't shut the cover back and all our shoes were in the back. It rained while we golfed which wasn't that big of a deal til we got to the truck and it's outing with cover open. Other than that everything else was great.

"Beautiful course, bring extra golf balls"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/04/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Played on a very hot day (as expected, Orlando in August). Was surprised to find out it was cart path only. With the heat, it was difficult to have to continually walk across the fairway rather than being able to drive. The course was VERY wet, causing shots to plug in the fairway - no roll out. This made the course play quite a bit longer. Played another area course the day before and it wasn't nearly as wet, so perhaps this course doesn't drain as well. The course is difficult - miss a fairway or green by a few yards and you may be penalized. Bring an extra couple sleeves of balls.

The course is beautiful and the greens were fast and rolled true. The course is very well manicured; the only reason I didn't rate it higher for course condition was that it was just so wet that day.

The staff was excellent, friendly and helpful. Range balls and 2 bottles of water per person were included in the price. Overall I would recommend playing this course but call ahead to see if it is cart path only, if that is a factor for you.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/30/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

riyaaz's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/30/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/29/2017

"An A+++ course. Fully recommended."

None's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/22/2017
Previously played Walked Wet weather Verified Purchaser

Great golf course. Car path only due the rain but I really enjoyed it. From tee to green is great to play at Waldorf.

"If you were standing on a sponge....."

Ed5789690's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/21/2017

We played on a day where then region was experiencing normal summertime weather (daily T-storms). There was zero roll and at times I had problems getting a lie that was not in casual water. The place is built on a swap and you can tell. That said it's a really neat layout, you have to fly the ball on the green, zero bump and runs at this track. To make things worse, we got lightninged out after 9 holes. Golf now gave us half our dough back which was fair. We will be going back next time we are in the area. And a PS, get the gourmet natchos at the club house bar, after you stop laughing at the chip count, you'll agree they are very good.

"Great course, but......."

Balbirnie's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/20/2017

Having played the course a few times, we knew what we were going to and were glad to return. When we arrived e were told that we had to stay on the cart paths only which was understandable as the fairways were wet and very soft. We were joined by two American guys who were good company and helped as there were groups of 3 & 4 ahead of us. The pace of play was fairly slow but due to the cart restrictions it was understandable. By the 4th hole a single player, an Asian gentleman had caught us up as we were teeing off. We tried to explain that we couldn't let him play through as we were keeping up with group ahead. Two holes later he drove past us as we were putting and proceeded to tee off at the next hole. We wee extremely unhappy as we were then held up even more, especially when he started hitting more than one ball from the fairway. We managed to speak to him at one stage and told him he was wrong to do this and that he should have joined the two ball behind him.

As we played the 10th he had disappeared from in front of us but as we holed out at the 11th, he drove past us again and played from the 12th tee hitting 2 balls. We met the course Ranger at the 13th tee and told him of our issue. He was not interested and just said the guy had poor English. This was so frustrating as we had to wait to play every shot.

We enjoyed the course, despite it being so wet and soft but the unwillingness of the Ranger to deal with the single player who had no golf etiquette was extremely disappointing. Why they would let a single player out behind so many bigger groups was strange.

"Big Let Down"

sean7992583's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/18/2017
First time playing Walked Perfect weather Verified Purchaser

I had been dying to play this course for years but wasn't willing to pony up the high fees,so while at disney this summer with the rate at $45 i jumped on it,It rained the night before quite a bit but nothing unusual for July as I was going out I was told it was cart path only ,not cool, now I knew the greens had been punched a few weeks ago ,but what i found on the first green was a beach ,the greens should have been in much better shape at this point but were still covered with sand, also almost all bunkers had water in them,now this wasn't 7am it was 3pm,they blamed it on the rain,well it rained the same amount that same night i played and when I played Orange County National the next day the course including the greens and bunkers were in pristine condition.

Course Difficulty:  Extremely Easy

"Quality Maintained"

u076206806's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/14/2017

I feel relaxed and confident arriving here. Great team throughout and as a course consistently delivered in good shape. So far as the layout is concerned it's interesting and it's extremely fair.

Good shots are rewarded.

There's a wide variety of tees so golfers of all levels can enjoy the course and the greens offer plenty of positional options.

I'd consider the Waldorf one of Florida's premier courses and a must play.

"Resort level"

rexincledon's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/13/2017

Resort quality course with the appropriate amenities of a resort. Course layout is nice but only had 3 doglegs. The rest of the fairways were straight but plenty of sand and water to add challenge.

"Greatest Course I Ever Played So Far!"

Ricardo6474202's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/13/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

I was on my last 3 days of my 2 week Florida vacation and I had been using Golf Now to help with great courses near my areas of visit. Orlando was our last stop and stayed at the Hyatt Grand and with a view of the golf course from the 9th floor the course looked immaculate. Got the blessing to play at the WA Golf Club and was not disappointed at all. The price was well worth the experience (PGA Tour like). Very challenging holes with elevated greens, lots of sand bunkers and the fairways and greens were the best I've ever experienced. The layout of the course was the best I have seen. The staff was very helpful and professional especially the cart lady. Gave me a cold wet towel to cool my head off due to extreme heat and humidity. Thank you Waldorf Astoria Golf Club staff for the best Pro Like course experience, You will not be disappointed. (Note: I was informed that the greens were aerated, which was nice to know ahead of time. But, the experience was worth it.)

"Awesome!"

SRGOLFPRO14's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/07/2017

Outstanding course! Staff very friendly and willing to accomodate.

"Great course"

Jeffin70's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/07/2017

Great staff, Played 18 holes and then played 18 more on the replay special they have because it was so nice.

"Extremely Nice, but not great"

barrysib's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/03/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

The Waldorf Astoria is a very good course, with superb amenities, particularly the driving range. The course is challenging, but the greens were just above average. The Golf Now price ($60) was affordable, but this course is not worth the 'in-season' price of over $100. Tranquilo is located near the Waldorf, and provides a better golf experience.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/03/2017
Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

"This May Be Orlando's Best..."

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/11/2017

I will start with the bad. This course is not for beginners. I'm a beginner but actually consider myself to be very good for a beginner. After 3 holes i put the scorecard away and began to take inventory of my remaining balls. Every hole, every shot puts you at risk. There are 3-4 holes that allow you to play from another fairway on missed shots. On the rest you will find yourself in deep woods or water. The Good - Everything Else. The course is immaculate. I don't recall seeing any stressed areas. Greens were fast but fair and all were raised. Facilities are outstanding. The views will provide you with plenty photo opps. Range balls are on the house so get there early. The pro shop looked like a luxury retail store. The prices were high but...seems silly to seek out this venue then proceed to complain about prices. I will certainly return when i get better. This is the place you want to bring your serious golf buddies that come in town to play.

"Solid challenging layout"

pjgolfalot's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/10/2017

Playing the blue tees at 6,600 proved to be a good challenging with steady winds blowing. Fairways seemed narrow as even some good drives found fairway bunkers that are well placed. Traps are deeper than other courses and there is plenty of water holes too. Overall scenic enjoyable round and first class facility.

"Great Time"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/10/2017

This is the first time I played this course. I just moved to Orlando and got a great rate on GolfNow. The course was in fantastic shape and the staff was extremely good and friendly. The only concern was the pace of play as it was very slow that day. It turned into almost a 5 hour round. However, that didn't spoil the day and it was a great time. I would definitely recommend this course.