Cypress Run Golf Club

Practice bunker: Yes

Green (W) 72 5776 yards 73.1 131

"Just off Route 19 and worth it!"

abwnd76's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2017

Golf Course Review – Cypress Run Golf Club – 042217

Website: www.cypressrun.com

I played Cypress Run GC on 4/22/17 as part of a reciprocal play agreement since my home course was having their annual Member-Guest outing. Cypress Run is a private course in a gated community not far off Route 19 in Tarpon Springs.

The par 72 course was designed by Larry Packard, who also designed the Copperhead course at Innisbrook Resort.

The design was challenging and since I was playing by myself, having my SkyCaddie was invaluable in helping me determine the routing of the holes and yardages, particularly on several holes where it would be easy to hit through a dogleg, into a hazard, into the woods, or OB. Every hole was different from any other and presented unique and scenic challenges. The course advertises themselves as an Audubon sanctuary and had plenty of wildlife including a few gators.

I played the blue tee which is one of seven tees available. The blue tees play to 6,653 yards with a rating of 72.7 and slope of 132. The various tee combinations play from gold tees of 6.974 yards to a silver tee of 4,606 yards.

Service

The attendant in the pro shop was a very nice and welcoming person who, since I was playing by myself, offered to pair me up or let me play single whichever worked best for me. My tee time was noon, and although there were a number of players working on the range, I had no wait to tee off and nobody pushing me from behind.

I noticed that there was ice water at the first tee and about 3-4 holes afterwards.

Overall Condition

The course was in very good shape and the greens were excellent. The only negative that I noticed was that the tee markers were set up very narrowly (maybe only 8-10 feet apart) and the footing wasn’t always very even on the teeing ground.

The greens were firm and very quick. There was a sign at the first tee saying the greens were rolling at a Stimp reading of 10, but it seemed as if every cup was placed on the side of a slope making staying below the hole important.

I did not notice any bare spots or questionable areas in the fairways.

Clubhouse/Amenities

This course has a restaurant, clubhouse, driving range, and practice greens. I had no time to use the driving range or any of the other facilities but the use of the facilities is included in the greens fee.

I played the course on a reciprocal guest rate of $45.00. I was referred to this course by one of the pro shop attendants at my home course and it was an excellent referral and choice. I had only played the course once before in 2009 and not remembered anything about it.

Overall, I thought Cypress Run is an excellent course, excellent value, and I was glad I played it and look forward to going back again.

"skip it"

tommygolfer77's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/19/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes

Go somewhere else. slow sloppy course

Course Layout: Poor