Wentworth Golf Club

Practice bunker: Yes

Dress code: Shirts with collars and sleeves, slacks or golf shorts are considered appropriate attire. Tank tops, tee shirts, fishnet tops, cut-offs, sweat pants, blue jeans, bathing suits, tennis shorts or other athletic shorts are not permitted.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Discover, Amex Welcomed

Average Rating 4.1 stars from 5

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city in the 'burbs   Great for advanced golfers locals wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include narrow fairways bunkers water hazards   Great for drinks 19th hole specials watching the game

"Tough course but..."

Donald2645516's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2017

The Good: If you plan on playing here bring your A game. Most of the fairways are either narrow and/or doglegs. Very challenging par 3's. I can't say for sure about the speed of the greens since they had a heavy rain the night before but they where in good shape. Playing from either the blue or the black (tips) makes the course easier, but does make the 4 of the 5 par 3's long.

The Bad: the fairways and rough have lots of bare spots. In my opinion it's a dangerous place, and you always have to be on the look out for balls from other holes, even while your on the tee boxes. It feels like they crammed this golf course in. Had to wait for other players from other holes to clear out of my fairway before I could play several times. The driving range is off mats only and very small and narrow. On two of the holes you had to be on the look out for errand shots from the range. Those same two holes are filled with range balls.

"Go Play this Course - Hidden Gem!"

tampasrt's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2017
First time playing Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

You need to go play Wentworth if you are considering golf in the area. Supreme value for the condition of course you're playing. At $19.95 for a round, you WILL NOT find a course with better greens. The are spectacular even at $80-100/round.

I found the course to be somewhat difficult as it is a placement course, but I liked the challenge. Most holes are well thought out.

A lot of courses in a small radius, Wentworth is still worth checking out - go play it!

odoe's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Response from Wentworth Golf Club on 06/01/2017:

We're glad you had a fun round! Come play again soon!

"Not a bomb it anywhere course"

mau5tin's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2017

Requires more thought than most courses in the area. If all you want to do is spray a driver, then go elsewhere. If you want to see if your golf game is good through the bag, pitch up here. I'd just suggest you wait until the course has recovered from the drought, but then the water hazards will add to the difficulty and the rates will probably be higher.

Response from Wentworth Golf Club on 06/01/2017:

Thank you for your great review. Rain is coming in and we're very happy about it and our golfers will be happy about it as well! Come play again soon!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/21/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Response from Wentworth Golf Club on 06/01/2017:

Thank you for the 5 stars! Come play again soon!

uNFIQ5329NF's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/18/2017

Love this course. Even though it is so challenging, Wentworth is always in excellent shape, great surroundings and super friendly staff. Shooting in the 90's is my goal and when I do, I know I know my game is on.

Response from Wentworth Golf Club on 06/01/2017:

We are glad you love playing at Wentworth Golf Club! We hope to see you out there again soon.

"Excellent Course to Play"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2017

My son-in-law and I have been traveling from Michigan to the west coast of Florida for the last 15 years to play golf. On the last day of our trip this year, we played Wentworth, and are so very happy that we uncovered this gem. The course layout is absolutely excellent and very challenging. Considering the drought that Florida has been in this year, they have done a commendable job in keeping it in really good playing condition. General Manager Jesse Pratt was extremely pleasant and helpful to us in getting our tee time arranged and in explaining the course layout to us. Wentworth becomes the first stop on our trip next year.

Response from Wentworth Golf Club on 06/01/2017:

We are glad you got a chance to try out Wentworth Golf Club for the first time! Thank you for understanding we have been doing our best despite the drought. We look forward to your visit next year!

"Nice course ,,good happy hour drinks.."

uGTVO3110GT's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Food menu needs an update...so dated...deep fried anyone? Good selection of local beers...nice touch.

Response from Wentworth Golf Club on 05/10/2017:

Thanks for the 4 stars! We are glad you got a chance to stop by the 19th hole. We appreciate your feedback.

"Excellent golf course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/30/2017

Staff are very friendly and the course is in great shape!

Response from Wentworth Golf Club on 05/10/2017:

Thanks for the 5 stars! We are glad you recognized the quality of our course staff. Come play again soon!

"Very acceptable"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/25/2017

Wenthworth is one of the most difficult courses in Pinellas County. Despite it's short set up, it's a course that needs to be well managed. If you don't overplay your tee shots, you will be better off, however many approach shots are very tough as well.

I have played it for years and it has always had the same problem. The areas around greens and tees need to be cleaned up. You may not be in a sand trap, but there is so much sand around the trap that you can wind up with many unfair lies. If the sand trap areas are better defined, and sand raked back into the bunkers those areas would afford better play.

Actually, I was a member for years and always said all they would have to do is rope off around the tees and the greens, not allow the carts to drive in those areas and the course conditions would greatly improve.

Response from Wentworth Golf Club on 04/28/2017:

Thank you for the great 4-star review! We appreciate your feedback and your business all these years. We will look into these issues. We hope to see you out there again soon--practice makes perfect!

crumpr88's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/24/2017

Response from Wentworth Golf Club on 04/28/2017:

Thank you for the 4 stars! Come play again soon!

"Beautiful layout and friendly staff"

James5315110's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2017

The course is wide open and ready for play the staff is friendly they're offering coupons for Anytime play plus the free bucket of balls you can't beat it we see a lot of wildlife out there the greens are in great shape that's my course I'll be coming back

Response from Wentworth Golf Club on 04/28/2017:

Thank you for the wonderful 5-star review! We are glad you found value in the course and in all the deals we have been offering. We look forward to your next round!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2017

Response from Wentworth Golf Club on 04/28/2017:

Thank you for the 4 stars! Come play again soon!

"extremely slow play with no help from oncourse ranger"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2017

had a 12:30 tee time and to was extremely crowed at the start. after waiting 10 minutes past our time we finally started. waited on over 80% of all shots all day. waited on the about 50% of the tees up to 5 minutes to tee off. when we did encounter the on course ranger his answer was it is crowded and there was nothing he could do. finally finished in FIVE hours.

while this course is extremely difficult, having no one to get players to move along is unacceptable. and this is after the snowbirds have left for home already...

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Wentworth Golf Club on 04/28/2017:

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the slow pace of play as we understand pace is key to your game. We will work on this in the future. We hope you give us another shot soon.

"Wentworth it."

Robert8412846's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/19/2017

The 17 of 18 greens were in excellent shape. The fairways were in good shape. The sand traps were raked and the sand was soft. 3.5 hours to play 18 is most excellent.

Response from Wentworth Golf Club on 04/28/2017:

Thank you for the great 4-star review. We are glad you had a "most excellent" round at Wentworth Golf Club! Come play again soon!

"Watch Pro Shop"

u750231994's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/13/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Let me first say that the course and most of the staff are both excellent. After playing I left a few of my clubs to be regripped. After paying the kid in he pro shop told us we owed him $20 in cash for the installation. When I showed him the sign that stated "installation included" on sign for regripping he said it was wrong and we paid it. A few days later we left my husband's clubs for regripping. After paying, we asked him how much for labor, he said it was included in grip cost. We were scammed by this kid the first time but after being called out, he didn't try it again on us. We should have spoke to management the first time but instead, just paid the extra cash. Watch out for this scammer.

Response from Wentworth Golf Club on 05/10/2017:

We apologize for this. This was a miscommunication on our end. We have a re-gripping fee of $3 per club and were running a new re-gripping special for no charge that was not properly communicated. Moving forward we will make sure we communicate better on any special promotions we are doing. We are willing to reimburse you for the re-gripping fee. Please contact Jesse at jpratt@ace-golf.com. We hope you give us another shot soon. <br/>

"Value plus"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/08/2017

This is a wonderful value and a very enjoyable course. We were two couples playing on a Saturday morning and the pace of playing and overall experience was just great. Wouldn't hesitate to play it again.

Response from Wentworth Golf Club on 04/28/2017:

Thank you for the great 4-star review! We are glad you found value in the course. We are also glad you had a good pace of play on a weekend morning! We look forward to seeing you out there again soon!

"How to Tame a Very Difficult Course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/06/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

At age 71, playing it forward at Wentworth makes a great deal of sense. This former country club went through a course condition downturn but has come back to what it was 18 months after going public, a solid value. If your ego can take it, try playing it forward and hopefully you'll enjoy the new variety of clubs "required" to bring you score down and your spirits up.

Response from Wentworth Golf Club on 04/28/2017:

Thank you for the great 4-star review! We are glad you found value in the course. Come play again soon!

"Pass this one up"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/06/2017

We were a 2some, second tee time of the day, they sent a 5 some out in front of us, must have been members cause they made sure to hurry and tee off before we could ask to play through. Waited on every shot, every hole, never again, avoid this course

Response from Wentworth Golf Club on 04/28/2017:

We are sorry to see this review come in and learn you did not enjoy your round with us this time around. As a rule, fivesomes are never allowed out--no exceptions. We hope next time you will bring this to management's attention. We hope you give us another shot soon.

"Not up to par"

levinskyira's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/28/2017

I have played Wentworth several times and love the layout and the challenge.

however the course was in very poor condition.The tee boxes were mostly sand.

There was sand from the bunkers leeching all over the surrounding areas including several greens. Very disappointed!!

Response from Wentworth Golf Club on 04/28/2017:

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear you love the layout and the challenge the course has to offer. We hope you give us another shot soon to see how great the course is looking now.