Granite Links Golf Club At Quarry Hills - Granite Nine

Pull-carts: No
Caddies: No
GPS: No

Dress code: Proper attire is required.

Location is convenient to the city

JakeMgolf's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/28/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Spectacular views. Friendly helpful staff. Lightning fast greens. Carts with GPS are helpful but be aware of restricted areas as carts become disabled. Pace of play is good as we finished 18 holes less than 4 hrs.

"Unbeatable Views"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/20/2017

You can't get better views of the Boston skyline at a course open to the public. I played the tips for the first time ever (my index is 10.5), and the black tees were manageable on the Milton 9, but they proved to be a bit tougher on the Granite 9. Conditions were great as always, and the greens were as fast as any I've played this year.The pace was painfully slow on the first 9, but a few groups dropped out after 9 and the second 9 had a lot less waiting. I can't afford to play here every weekend at $125, but $75 at 2:20 on a Sunday I can handle.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/03/2017

Great course, we played Granite and Quincy. The course was in great shape, fast greens, will definitely try to return.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/21/2017

"Granite Links"

steveglynn2's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/15/2017

Great golf course with excellent views of Boston. Great shape with some quirky holes.

"Milton is a distant 3rd to Granite and Quincy"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2017

Played June 8. In town on business. Tees, fairways, and rough were in excellent condition. The greens had been recently bunched and were bumpy. They did hold approaches and chips with spin. Dramatic views. Don't fool yourself. If you don't like blind shots or if you are a "sprayer" of the golf ball, then don't play here. I was forced to play Milton after paying $150 for Granite and Quincy. Milton is a distant third to Granite and Quincy. Tee sheet was empty, 2 people on driving range. As I approach the very nice starter he tells me to play Quincy first to avoid traffic and then to see him after that 9 and I will go Granite. After my first 9, he then tells me I have to play Milton, "the member course" because of traffic. Of course at 8:30 there was no one on Granite. Now it's a zoo. So I played Milton. It is a joke compared the other two 9"s Very short, with chopped up fairways and narrow with drop offs and high rough. I was highly annoyed b/c Quincy and Granite would have been worth $150, not Milton and Quincy.

"Magnificent Course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/31/2017

From the time we checked in till we left. The staff was outstanding. Two gentlemen greeted us with smiles and our free range balls. When we checked in with the starter he could not have been more pleasant and friendly. The course was in great shape. The greens had just been sanded but still rolled well. Definitely will be back!

"Beautiful Course, A Little Overpriced"

KevinCoombs's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/27/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather

I want to preface this review with the weather was not great when I played, which may have clouded my judgement. The course conditions were great and the skyline off in the distance was a unique to the Boston area. I simply thought the course was overpriced for what I paid. I also found it to be annoyingly hilly, but that's more of a personal preference.

"Challenging and enjoyable"

Casey4359172's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2017

Really liked this track. Liked the fact that there was a mixture of holes where you could let it fly off the tee and some that you had to play target golf on. It was in great shape. Played on a rainy, blustery day and the course handled the rain very well. Staff was friendly and accommodating.

"Best Views of the City"

Benedict9997017's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/10/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

Granite Links gives you the best views of the Boston sky line. Because of those views, the course is always windy. Conditions are always immaculate, but the layout can be a bit quirky at times. The Milton 9 is fairly straight forward with some short par 4's and reachable par 5's. There's a decent amount of elevation change, which I like. 4, 5, 7, 8, and 9 are decent chances at birdie.

The Granite 9 is a bit tougher to score, although 5 and 6 are short par 4's that are driveable. The tee shots are blind on both of those holes though. I paid $50 (plus the $3.49) for a mid week, early morning round and played the course in about 3 hours.

"Great value for a top notch course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Got out at the Twilight rate at 4:40 and was able to finish 17 holes but got too dark for the 18th. Course was in great shape. Layout is a bit difficult with all the hills and quarrys making for some blind spots when hitting. Have the GPS screens in the golf carts were very helpful when strategizing shots.

I would 100% play here again for the same rate.

"You get whay you pay for."

idiotrugger's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/27/2017

Beautiful course even in the early fog we played through. Course will make you name some interesting decisions. Challenging without being frustrating. Course was in excellent condition. More expensive than my usual courses but worth three money.

"Late April"

cunninp's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/27/2017

The course was in excellent shape for late April and with rain the previous 2 days the ground was wet but not too bad. Only inconvenience was the carts are programmed to keep you on the cart paths which is good for the fairways but more walking than we wanted. But the walking is good for us.

However, the weather was warm enough and although cloudy and foggy it was very acceptable. The views were OK but on a clear day they must be spectacular. Before we left the sun had broken through so we got a glimpse.

The staff was very friendly and the club house and restaurant were great.

There were four of us and we all will be back soon.

Tom4243075's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/24/2017

"Golf in Boston"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/24/2017

The course itself makes you feel special being there. Great views of Boston etc. conditions for early in the year were very good. My only problem with the layout is the blind shots. If you've never played there before you have no idea where to hit the ball on lots of the holes. Will play again and should be able to score better. Enjoyed my experience

"Best place to play in Boston area"

Fahri8295526's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/19/2017

Everything about granite links is superb from the course all the way to the club house and the restaurants.

Wish that I could play more there but for me is a little too expensive.

"you are on top of the world"

kosesson's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/13/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Granite Links golf course is somewhere very special to play,specially to take your out of state golf buddies to show off the fact,it is very well designed on top of mountains with great city views.

Commented on 04/30/2017

Funny thing is, it's a mountain alright...of trash. The course was built on top of an old landfill.

"One of the best public courses in the state"

BostonGolfTraveler's avatar
Boston Advisor

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/03/2016

We were lucky in more than one way to catch a 70 degree day in New England in November. We also had the chance to play one of the best public courses in Massachusetts. Granite Links is a spectacular layout that includes elevation changes, well bunkered fairways and greens and slick, quick greens that have all the twists and turns off a Grand Prix street course. The fairways and tee boxes were in fantastic condition and the only negative thing I can say about Granite Links is how hard packed the green side bunkers were, they were like waste areas. I had been hesitant to play this course for a long time because of cost but we caught a GolfNow discount and I'm glad we did. This was a great way to start winding down the 2016 golf season in New England. I would highly recommend this course to anyone looking for a scenic course that is a good test of your golf game.

"Amazing course"

wsisca21's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/30/2016

Beautiful golf course! The public rates may not be cheap, but it is definitely worth playing there at least once for the experience. Course is in great condition with amazing views.

"Tricked up joke"

Johnmjones1975's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/19/2016

I never leave rewiews.....

At $125 it was not worth half of that

Yes the views are spectacular.

So take that what it's worth

Hard to enjoy the day when the layout of the course is entirely blind shots and the penalty for missing by a fraction is a lost ball

Thank goodness I had my Golfshot app to help me plod around hitting irons off virtually every tee.

Single digit handicap and I play several times a week

The greens were lightning fast. That combined with their multi tiering effectively makes each green several really tiny greens

You option is to shoot at a total sucker pin where the penalty for missing in three directions is a lost ball.

Or if you bail out and hit a safe shot 20 feet from the hole. Good luck. You are putting up a slope having the ball come to an almost stop at the top then trickle downhill to the hole, you then count the revolutions as it snuggles up next to the hole, then keeps going and going and going until it rolls off the surface entirely.

Ridiculous

Add a clowns mouth and a little windmill

We are in a drought and areas of the golf course were totally soaked. They were watering greenside areas while we hit our approaches and shut them off

This combined with extremely overzealous rangers greatly detracted from any enjoyment

When my partner pulled one left and I drove up the gravel path to save him the 60 degree hill climb I was Inmediately pounced upon by a ranger for taking the cart off the path

"I'm on the path" I said

"That's not The correct path for the hole you are playing". He replied humorously.

When we made the turn we skipped the snack shack and when right to the tee. Skipping a group that had elected to have lunch

As we putted out of the par 5 10th we were warned about slow play as there was an open hole ahead of us

The group behind us had not yet even finished teeing off and I had been watching. They had not waited on a shot all day.

All was fine for a few holes until After four of us found the fairway on 14 when yet another ranger

(driving the course backwards)

Came up and let us know there were two open holes ahead of us

I politely let him know that we had skipped a group at the turn, and pointed to the group behind us that was now putting out on 12 with a hole and a half between us.

Apparently this meant nothing to him and let us know he "didn't know about any of that but there are holes open"

Overall we ended up playing in just over four hours. Much of that time was spent by my partners looking for balls that had just missed.

It's an overly designed track that is kept in nice condition. There is no natural feeling to it as it is all manufactured from fill.

The rangers were ridiculous and there is no way this place was worth $125 to play on a weekday

I'm not whining and I didn't have a bad day

The staff made a beautiful day leave a bad taste in my mouth

I won't go back