Quail Hollow Golf Course

Driving range: No

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city in the 'burbs   Great for locals seniors beginners   Challenges include bunkers water hazards undulating greens   Great for drinks patio dining brunch

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/21/2017

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/18/2017

"Ready for play"

buckhome2014's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/16/2017

After a long summer and a few adverse conditions the course is in great shape. The winter Rye is on the greens and approaches and coming in great. Grass is a little long but to be expected until it grows in. Talked to one of the greens keepers and he said the mowing would be regular now. The bunkers are perfect along with fairways. Good job bringing the course back

"Greens were in fair shape"

neilipovitz's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/15/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

For this time of year, the course was in decent shape. Most greens were in good shape but the grass was a little long. There were a few greens that were in rough shape but over seeding is being completed. Really not too bad for this time of year.

"Nice for Price"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/10/2017

Some of the greens were a little worn, and all of the greens were very slow, but overall, a very enjoyable round for the price.

"Love Quail Hollow, especially the Staff"

JohnandLoriGolfNuts's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/06/2017

We are snowbirds that have played the course frequently over the past three years. It quickly became our favorite course, nice fair layout, staff is super friendly, and grounds people are always working hard to maintain and improve the course. We knew the course was on track to be closed to make way for additional housing but were lead to believe that wasn't going to happen until spring. However the course no longer has tee times on Golf Now and when you call the course no one answers the phone. We are assuming they have unexpectedly closed earlier than anticipated. Hoping that is not the case, but if it is we will truly miss Quail Hollow and the super friendly staff - Thanks Quail Hollow for all the memories and good times!

"Quail Hollow - looks as if it is going to close down"

mjparks's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/05/2017

Greens were in terrible shape and included one temporary green - cart ran out of power on 5th hole - rumored to be shutting down soon

ReneLapointe58's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/04/2017

"Day before Halloween Play"

ARX9968's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/31/2017
Used cart Verified Purchaser

We played and commented that the condition of the fairways had improved greatly over other recent plays, but the greens.....WELL....they still have a long long way to go to be worthy of any good comments. But for the money I can't complain.

"Great value"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/29/2017

I little bit of a drive, but a great value. We played early this time but entire staff is always pleasant and accommodating

Response from Quail Hollow Golf Course on 11/01/2017:

Thank you for the four-star rating and kind review! We're glad to hear that the drive was worth it and that you enjoyed your time at Quail Hollow. Please come and see us again soon!

"Quail"

Merle7381207's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/29/2017

The pace of play was excellent as we finished in under 3 hours. The condition of the greens was very disappointing as there was sandy spots on many of the greens. One of the greens was not in play as there was too many sandy spots. I would only play this course again only if the greens were in better shape. I enjoyed the rest of the course

Response from Quail Hollow Golf Course on 11/01/2017:

Thank you for the excellent feedback, Merle! We are aware that our greens aren't in the best possible conditions and we're working to improve them. We're very happy that you enjoyed the rest of the course and we hope you'll be back again soon.

"Great Value, Thanks Golf Now"

Donbdaone's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/28/2017

I got a Great Deal on Golf Now. Course needs a lil work, but still very playable and enjoyable. Fairways in Good Shape, Tee Box, and Greens in need of some TLC. Greens are Puttable, but a lil bumpy from the random weed, here and there. Don't Get Me Wrong, the Greens were not Horrible, but definitely needs a lil maintenance. All and All, for the Price, I will be Back and look forward to seeing the Greens & Tee Box repaired to make this an even better experience. If you are a serious putter, you may want to hold off for a lil while, until the Greens are repaired. If you are looking for a Fun, low cost Round, with a nice layout (lil short) with a few challenges, this is the course for you.

Response from Quail Hollow Golf Course on 11/01/2017:

Thank so much for the four-star review, Don! We're very happy to hear that you enjoyed your round at Quail Hollow and we look forward to hopefully seeing you again soon!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/23/2017

Response from Quail Hollow Golf Course on 11/01/2017:

Thank you for the four-star rating!

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/15/2017

Response from Quail Hollow Golf Course on 10/24/2017:

Thank you for the helpful feedback!

"My go to course"

duanequinternjr's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/29/2017

First and foremost big shoutout and thank-you to the grounds keepers !! While there are a few greens that are being worked on and there are temporary greens the ones they brought back are awesome !! The fairways are great and while there are a few tee boxes that need work for the most part they are no worse than other courses I've played on. The staff is always friendly and willing to help you out. Can't say enough to give the grounds keepers a big shoutout, through the wet summer we've had and the hurricanes we've had to endure, this course is great !!

Response from Quail Hollow Golf Course on 10/04/2017:

Thank you so much for the fantastic five-star review, Duane! We have been working hard to improve conditions and we're thrilled to hear that our work is paying off! Please come and see us again soon.

"Qual Hollow Golf Course, Wesley Chapel"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/26/2017

Greens in poor condition, some greens with weeds, many seem to be under repair, and some replaced with temporary greens. On most of the greens, ball roll was quite bumpy.

Response from Quail Hollow Golf Course on 10/04/2017:

We appreciate the helpful feedback! We are working hard to improve conditions and we hope your next round will prove more impressive!

"Okay for the money.... Has potential.."

greenhit's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/22/2017

The course lay out is fair condition..Did not have a practice putting green and I didn't see a driving range to warm up on. The person in the club house told me to wait until another person that had booked showed up, even though there was only maybe 8 cars in the parking lot. The greens need a lot of attention. They were in poor condition.. Many of the tee boxes did not have any grass on them.. The fairways were in fair condition. It is a shame they do not put a little money into this course and bring it up to it's potential. It has promise. This was the first time I played it. I drove over an hour to play it not sure that I would again unless I heard it was in better condition.

Response from Quail Hollow Golf Course on 09/25/2017:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such great feedback. We understand that the course is in need of some repair and we're working hard to bring it back up to snuff. Thank you for coming out to play and we hope to see you again in the future.

"Course Conditions"

Golffreakfl's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/26/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

The course is in the worst shape I have seen in years. There were 6-7 temporary greens and the greens that were actually used were in worse shape than the temporary greens.

Response from Quail Hollow Golf Course on 08/29/2017:

We absolutely understand your disappointment and we apologize for the poor conditions. We appreciate that you took the time to leave us helpful feedback.

"Very disappointed"

MarkWWalz's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/22/2017

I booked this as a prepaid Hot Deal. I drove 75 miles down from Leesburg, and my playing buddy drove an equal distance up from Bradenton to play it. When I got to the course, I checked in at the pro shop desk. The young lady there was very pleasant, but made no mention of the course conditions to me. I found out (by overhearing) from another golfer who was checking in and complaining to the young lady at the desk that there were 5 temporary greens, a fact which was not previously disclosed by the course on the Golf Now listing, and would have made us look for another course to play. The desk person was apologetic, but offered no relief to either of us. The practice green was heavily sanded and unusable. In addition to the 5 temporary greens, most of the rest of the greens were in very poor condition (also not disclosed by the course in the Golf Now listing). Many of the tee boxes were in poor condition. On the plus side, in spite of the recent rains, the fairways were in playable condition, the roughs were fairly well mowed and playable, and most of the bunkers were well maintained and had fluffy sand. However, based on my experience, I can't recommend Quail Hollow, and I doubt that I will return there to play.

Response from Quail Hollow Golf Course on 08/29/2017:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us very helpful feedback! We apologize for the sub par conditions and lack of communication. We will update the tee time notes moving forward.

"What a sad situation"

Vootonski's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/17/2017

Quail Hollow is a great facility that has been allowed to be run down terribly. This course has long been rumored to be for sale, or already sold, to make way for housing. When we arrived, we saw surveyors taking measurements all over the place.

There were at least FOUR temporary greens, perhaps five-I just can't remember. There are tons of courses I can play in this area with actual greens, and for some reason GolfNow did not indicate any situation like this. The greens that were open were a disaster and unputtable. They top dressed some of the greens with sand, but it was obvious to see that they may as well take this place off life support. I used to really enjoy this course. Now I strongly suggest that you stay away, regardless of the price.

Response from Quail Hollow Golf Course on 08/29/2017:

We understand your frustration and disappointment. Conditions are not optimal right now and we do apologize for that. Thank you for taking the time to leave us great feedback and we hope you have a great day.

Commented on 08/29/2017

I can't help but notice that Quail Hollow STILL hasn't updated their listing on GolfNow to indicate that they have temporary greens. This, despite stating that they would do so long ago. This is not an accident, it is intentional. I'm also dispppointed with GolfNow because I called them and told them about the misleading listing.