Winter Park Golf Course

Metal spikes allowed: Yes
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

middle 35 2470 yards 31.8 102
forward 35 2392 yards 34.3 109

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive near local attractions   Great for 9-hole rounds walkers locals   Challenges include bunkers narrow fairways undulating greens

"Awesome 9 hole course"

thomswift's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/04/2017

For a retired below average (21hc) golfer like me this is a slice of heaven. No water, 3 short paragraph fours, 2 challenging par 5's and a mix of par threes.

Golf now prices are an awesome value here. The second time I played no else was on the course, the first time there was a little busy but I was matched with another man who knew the course we'll.

"Like a walk in the park."

Tom1842836's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/27/2017
First time playing Walked Perfect weather Verified Purchaser

Wow...what a hidden gem. Winter Park Golf Course feels like you are playing in the middle of a community park...because you are playing in the middle of a community park. Great conditions and variable holes are nice but where in 9-holes do you get to play next to a church, around a cemetery, next to passing trains, and cross a (red) brick road TWICE !

"Great Course"

mdpelletier's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/04/2017

This is a 9 hole walking course. It is so fun and beautifully maintained. Afterwards the restaurants of Park Avenue are steps away. A truly great day.

medson545's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/30/2017

"First Time"

TheGatto's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/21/2017

This was our first time playing this course. The fairways were in great shape. The layout allows for a good pace for play. It was good to walk a course again. Most Florida course require you to use a cart. We will be playing here a little more ofter. A great place to get your irons and hybrids some use.

"A gem of a course."

booba1234's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/26/2017
First time playing Walked Hot weather

Had been hearing about this local course and have been wanting to play. Walking up to the pro shop a very friendly guy named Dan asked if I cared to join him. I paid my $17 grabbed a push cart and off we went. I absolutely love the course. From the location in downtown Winter Park, to the neighborhoods (yes you do have to be careful with cars and houses) even an occasional train. it meanders around the area very nicely. We played quick, less than 2 hours. The course is challenging and great to work on your short game. The only negative I would say is the lack of water stations because there is no beverage cart and the food options are limited to snacks and drinks, there are plenty of nice places to eat before or after on Park avenue so its nothing that would keep me away. The membership is very reasonable at $1000 per year and worth it if you play more than once per week. I am already planning to go back this week and see if I can correct that snowman I got on #9.

"Always a pleasure playing here"

Roxana3691707's avatar
Plays:  Twice a year

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/03/2017

This course has always been a pleasure to play. Today I played my birthday round with my BF and had a wonderful time. Pace of play was nice, and weather overcast. There was a slight breeze and not awefully hot. The greens are in great shape, and so are the fairways. Definitely a great walk in the park on a Sunday.

Matt6185375's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/11/2017

Plays:  Once every three months

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/28/2017

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/03/2017

Great walking course! Greens are in top shape, heck entire course is pristine! Would definitely play again.

"Excellent practice course for your irons"

Richard1777374's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/30/2017

Very nice course to work on your irons. I would not recommed this course for beginners, hackers and slicers because most holes have cars passing by or houses and Church parking lot to the right. Some holes you really have to know your club yardages because if too long will hit onto street. Great greens to test your putting skills also.

"New Layout"

Startrekgolf's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/01/2017

I have played this course many times when I had my membership. This was the first time I have played this course since they have redone the course. It is in great condition and they made it more challenging. I really had a great time. I do miss the old staff. New staff was friendly. The greens where bigger but they have added more challenging bunkers. The greens were in good condition as well as the fairways. The rough was decent to find your ball :).

"Good course for a quick round"

Linda1261583's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/21/2017

We live in Winter Park so this house is great for us if we feel like a quick round of golf; can usually play 9 holes in one and a half hours; if we go around again, it's still under 4 hours. We don't go to this course looking for a challenge but just to have fun.

"Fun track"

Bradley7996299's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/18/2017

The course is surrounded by a beautiful neighborhood walking into the pro shop it was small but I appreciated that because of the feeling that this wasn't tourist golf. They aren't trying go gouge your wall with high prices. i didn't get the best welcome from the guy at the counter but I chalked it up to having a bad day. I was able to play and walk right out on the first tee. There is a practice putting green right out the front door of the pro shop but there is also a larger one closer to the 9th tee box as well. The course is pretty short and that played to my advantage because I was able to take advantage of the short par 4s and 5s. The par three greens are very undulating and elevated with tricky pin placements and for me not easy scoring holes. The greens have been newly redone and they role fastish and true. But you have to be accurate with your shots or you could end up with a big breaking put. I enjoyed breaking away from the monotony of the tourists courses and the pace of play was outstanding. I suggest walking if able so you have time to enjoy the sights and sounds surrounding the course. Oh and almost every hole is lined by heavily used roads so hit them straight.

"Great round of golf"

Bradley7996299's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/13/2017

I was in Orlando for vacation I wasn't sure where I was going to play golf. I happen to be there the weekend of the Arnold Palmer invitational at Bayhill, and the golf channel I did a special on where to play golf in Orlando one of the host of the morning drive recommended Winter Park and so I looked into it. It happened to be close to where I was staying one night and decided to go ahead and give it a shot. The clubhouse is small and the staff wasn't the most talkative seem like he had better places to be that day but I got on the course quickly and I didn't see a single person playing golf near me for a good bit once I started. I played by myself and I never had to wait on the Teebox to hit a shot. It was mid March so the fairways were a little bit in rough condition but the greens were spectacular and they rolled true. The course is nestled into a very nice neighborhood on a suburb of Orlando Florida and every hole was line by streets. There was a festival of some kind going on and the streets had tons of pedestrians on them. There were also very expensive cars driving around the streets and that made for a little bit higher stress for hitting an errand to golf ball. I ended up playing one of my best rounds of the week there and frankly of my life and I really enjoyed The overall feel of the course. The layout was great, it wasn't super hard, it was short and it made attacking the pan on the par fives easy. All the greens were extremely undulated which made putting a little harder but the greens ran true and if you could get a read on the put you were sinking it just about every time, at lease I did in my case. I highly recommend the course to get off the beaten trail of all the tourism and fancy stuff. I think I read that this is the oldest golf course in Orlando so definitely need to check it out

Joshua3723792's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/04/2017

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/04/2017

"Walking & playing"

Gary7241579's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/01/2017

I's great that these older courses are still around. The up grades they did are great. Being able to walk and play is fantastic.

"modern course in establised neighborhood"

julie2's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/20/2017
Previously played Walked Perfect weather Verified Purchaser

Renovation in 2016 ..... Nice quaint layout with fast greens and maintained tees & fairways. Staff is excellent

"Great Course for Fine Tuning your Game"

MAN1's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/04/2017
Previously played Walked Perfect weather

Golf Now says t had a driving range and there is none. Other than that it is a nice course. Easy to walk and challenging enough for you to fine tune your game.