Tilden Park Golf Course

GPS: Yes

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Tees | Layout

Average Rating 3.6 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive near local attractions   Great for wildlife/ scenic views locals advanced golfers   Challenges include elevation changes narrow fairways undulating greens   Great for 19th hole scenic views drinks patio dining

"Bad"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/12/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather

Horrible conditions. Played here multiple time this winter and every time I've played there has been at least three holes where you are hitting off a mat. If you hit it in to the rough your ball plugs 1/3 of the time making it impossible to find. Would stick away until July.

"stay away until the course recovers from winter rains"

gregory1261408's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/09/2017
Previously played Walked Perfect weather Verified Purchaser

Tilden can be a very enjoyable round but currently it's a total disaster. Tee boxes needing to be fully rebuilt, greens have just been punched, the drainage overall still very wet. Definitely avoid this course until the rains fully end and then give it a couple weeks at least to dry out.

"Golf Now Warnings?"

stilesg's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/09/2017

Please understand the context - we were first out at Tilden on Masters Sunday after a very rainy couple of days - so we expected the sogginess - what we did not expect was the restoration of 2 tee boxes (where reds/whites/blues on holes 14 and 15 were teeing off driving rage mats) or the GREENS TO BE PUNCHED AND LOOK LIKE SAND TRAPS. Look I have played Tilden 20 - 25 times and I know I am playing a Muni - but when I booked the tee time there was not an aerification warning. Pretty messed up...

"stay away"

sanders13's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/09/2017

first off let me say Tilden is one of my favorite tracks but, atay away from it right now. They charged us full rate for aerated greens full of sand along with 6-7 tee boxes closed with hitting off a mat only selection. Tilden is a great layout but right now its a huge joke. Also we had a 624 time and the pro shop didnt open til 630

"Poor Course Maintenance"

Montano09's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/27/2017

The fairways were overgrown and was like hitting out of the rough, the course was poorly maintained. Poor drainage at this course, lost numerous balls in the middle of the "fairway" due to plugging. They removed the call box on the 9th to order food and cell coverage does not exist at this course, so couldn't order food for the turn. My suggestion is to put the call box back and cut the grass. This used to be a better course.

"Hammered by rain"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/11/2017

Course was an absolute swamp. Needs a couple of months to dry out. Pace of play was awful. Front nine took over three hours so we quit at the turn. The course did however, prorate us and gave us a credit.

"Hitting of rubber mats!"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/01/2017

Scenery is breathtaking . Course was extremely wet and a lot of make shift tee boxes.

"Course was in terriblre shape"

javiercortez63's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/04/2016
Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

One of the worst days golfing. Course was soaking wet even though it hasn't rained much in the last two weeks. The whole course was soggy and like playing in jello.

"Slow and wet"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/30/2016
First time playing Used cart Wet weather

We played on a Wednesday afternoon. It was drizzling/light rain. Everything you hit seemed to plug. How did the course get this wet? It's like playing in a bog. The threesome and foursome in front of us played super slow. No one seemed to be familiar with the concept of "Ready Golf". It was more like: stop your cart in line with the ball; get out to find the ball; walk back to the cart for club selection; walk back across the fairway to play the ball; walk back to cart for a leisurely cleaning of the club; drive to next ball location. This was my first and last time playing this swamp.

"Overbooked, under planned"

TomBollinger's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/06/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 9 holes Good weather

The course is nice and challenging as it utilizes the hills, valleys and tall trees to setup a course in the hills of Berkeley.

As for my round today, it was unpleasant and ruined my overall experience. Here are just some of the issues I had with this course today:

- Tee time delayed 1 hour

- Pace of play slow and compounded by hour delay and lack of marshal on course

- Not enough carts, had to SHARE a cart even though I booked as a single

- Course very very wet. I can't blame this too much on them considering the location and abundance of tall trees blocking sunlight.

- Tee box not clearly or easily marked or identified

- "Golf cart path only" today which only slowed down the pace more after the 1 hour delay.

The course has a lot of potential and given the fact that it's not an "easy" course, the spacing between groups should be more than it currently is. I heard the weekday play is better and weekends seem to be the worst. Unfortunately my first experience was not what I anticipated and ultimately will be how I remember the course.

"Great course. Plenty of challenging holes."

scottdbarker's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/05/2016

With all the rain last week the course was wet in places, but not fairways or greens. 5-hour mid-day pace on Saturday wasn't bad. I'll be back!

"Urban Nature Preserve"

moondog92's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/15/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Tilden Park played very well in a 24 hour window between the first 2 storms of the fall. Relatively dry, and the threat of oncoming rain kept golfers away - 3:45 round with very pleasant companions. Wind and terrain created challenge; greens rolled well despite dampness. Gallery of deer, turkeys, raccoon, fox, and red-tail hawk in the redwood trees lining the fairways. Strategic course that keeps driver in the bag on many tees, after the first hole.

"Tilden was bad !"

jocolo1691's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/06/2016

First of all it was over booked. We waited about 30 minutes past our tee time. Pace of play was a joke. Took nearly 3 1/2 hours to play 9 holes. The course is way too wet. Mud everywhere!

Everyone should get a refund !

Commented on 11/07/2016

I completely agree with your comments.

"Patience"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/16/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

course was in good shape and there werent that many players out there teeing off at 4pm but the pace of play was glacial. We were a twosome in a cart and we play fast, but come on people. I've got a life and don't want to spend 4:45 minutes out there. your going to miss that 4 footer anyway so dont spend a week over it and three practice swings? no marshall so it never improved and actually got worse on the back or was it me losing my patience?

"6 hour round"

madnix444's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/14/2016

Be prepared for a slow day on a weekend. Tee time was a half hour behind schedule. The round took 6 hours. Rolled up to hole #3 and there were 4 groups stacked up. The course is enjoyable, but I will have to avoid going back on a weekend.

"Excellent Value, Tilden Park Golf"

atokuno's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/02/2016

Our foursome played at Tilden on Tuesday, 2 August. We booked our 1:10 pm reservation via GolfNow.com for only $25 including cart. We arrived about 11:45 am with enough time to hit from their driving range, practice some bunker and chip shots and putt on their two practice putting greens. The range balls were good quality, matts were in good shape and the range was long enough to hit drivers. The practice bunker had good quality sand and was well raked. One of the putting greens was flat while the other larger green had lots of slopes. There were kids and adults using their excellent practice facilities to develop their games. The first tee is next to the large putting green. We found the course to be in great shape. Tee boxes were in good condition, fairways were uniformly grassed, bunkers all had quality sand and were well raked and the greens were in great condition, fast and challenging with plenty of slope. The layout is excellent with some very unique holes including holes 2 and 9. While there are not a lot of signs to the next tees, if you follow the cart path you will find the next tee. The grill had good food with reasonable prices. We would play here weekly if we did not have to drive over an hour each way.

"Weekend"

Mark6471965's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/30/2016

For playing behind a small tourney pace of play was great. Found it strange that there wasn't a beverage cart out. Other than that love the course and layout!!

"California Dreamin'"

uRGIY6845RG's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/28/2016

What a wonderful way to spend a Thursday afternoon in beautiful Northern California. Warm weather, great course conditions especially the greens, and cordial playing partners. Thanks to Steve and Claurice for 5 plus hours of enjoyment.

"Better than expected"

jonchew's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/28/2016

Because of some challenging holes, Tilden has often been deemed a course plagued with extremely slow play. Although the course seemed fully booked when we started, our round lasted less than four and a half hours. After the first few holes, we rarely had to wait to hit our next shots, and were never pressured from the group following us. The course was in magnificent shape from tee to green.

"Dissatisfied"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/06/2016

A friend and I were looking forward to playing here. We had a 1.30 tee time. After warming up at the range, we heard the pro shop starter calling around 20, 10 year old kids from the first tee program. I knew we were doomed. I know that's a great program but these kids are way too young to challenge a course like this. Plus they were all walking. So we went back in to get a refund. Thanks to Tilden park for ruining our golf day. They should let people know when they are running a playground not a golf course!!!!!! No 7hr rounds for us!!!!