Thunderbird Golf Club

Back 27 1074 yards 0.0 0

Great for 9-hole rounds seniors beginners   Challenges include bunkers

uJIUP4003JI's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/26/2017

Response from Thunderbird Sport Centre on 10/02/2017:

4-star reviews are great to see and we are glad you enjoyed your time with us. We will work to continue to provide a memorable experience. Thanks for playing Thunderbird Sports Centre, we hope to see you again soon!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/13/2017

Response from Thunderbird Sports Centr on 09/19/2017:

Hello. Thank you for leaving a review and rating us 5-stars. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off.

"Great course"

MikeRichling's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/07/2017
First time playing Walked Wet weather

Though I'm a regular golfer, my partners were new and it was a great test for them. Green size and speed was great. Course was lush, and well managed. Only thought would be nice to have 100yd markers to help figure distances for the newer people who are short of the green. A great test, even for me, I will be back..

Response from Thunderbird Sports Centre on 09/14/2017:

Hello, Mike. Thank you so much for the spectacular review. 5-star feedback is what we strive to achieve. Your comment about the signage will be escalated to the team in charge. We are glad you had an incredible time and hope to see you again soon.

"Nice par 3 course"

LouisePaynter's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/01/2017

We had a great time playing this par 3 with new golfers! Very enjoyable.

Response from Thunderbird Sports Centre on 09/05/2017:

Hello, Louise. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. 4-stars is great, and we will let the team know their hard work is paying off. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Thunderbird Sports Centre.

"Very Slow greens"

13evilcows's avatar
Age:  Under 25

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/29/2017
Previously played Walked Perfect weather

The greens were very slow, very very slow. The course was muddy despite the fact that it has not rained in a few days, which made the bugs bad as well. The other people on the course were nice enough to let me play through, as I was playing as a single. I inquired about a junior rate for people 18 and under, then the guy in the pro shop scoffed at me, as though there is no such thing.

Response from Thunderbird Sports Centre on 09/05/2017:

Hi, Levi. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. You wrote a pretty heavy review and with that, we want to work to make as many imprvoements from it as possible. We encourage you to give us specifics where the course drained poorly and which greens were not ideal over others. This way we can work to make your comments turn into real change at the course. Feel free to update your review or reach out to the team at the course for a direct means of communication. Thanks for playing Thudnerbird Sports Centre, we hope you can give us a second chance.

"Price"

zitherman's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/02/2017

$25 green fee with cart is high for small course for Tue at 10h30am vs others in area.

Response from Thunderbird Sports Centre on 08/15/2017:

Hello, Guy. Thank you for reviewing the course. Your feedback about the price for our course is important to us. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We always want to make sure we are offering golfers a competitive price for their round. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Thunderbird Sports Centre, we hope to see you again soon.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/02/2017

Response from Thunderbird Sports Centre on 07/05/2017:

Hi, Jonathan. Thank you for reviewing the course. We appreciate the 5-stars and are going to notify the teams responsible so they know their hard work is paying off. We hope to see you for another round soon. Thank you for playing Thunderbird Sports Centre.

"Nice practice par 3 course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/01/2017
First time playing Walked Wet weather Verified Purchaser

Great little practice par 2 course. Conditions were wet but so is the rest of Ottawa this spring. Well kept, nice greens. We'll be back!

Response from Thunderbird Sports Centre on 06/06/2017:

Hi, Sherilyn. Thank you so much for the spectacular review. 5-star feedback is what we strive to achieve. We are glad you had an incredible time and hope to see you again soon.

"Really nice par 3"

yhenry's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/20/2017
First time playing Walked Perfect weather Verified Purchaser

Fisrt game of the season, excellent for starting, a bit too easy. Quality of maintenance and greens are impressive.

Course Difficulty:  Extremely Easy

Response from Thunderbird Sports Centre on 05/23/2017:

Hi, Yves. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We appreciate the 4-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to earn 5-stars after your next visit. You are welcome to comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. We are glad you enjoyed the course but found it to be less challenging than expected. We will pass this on to our team to make improvements. Thank you for playing Thunderbird Sports Centre.

"Good practice course"

uSAFM7098SA's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/09/2016

Interesting par 3 course. But with summer camp during summer days, the pace is extremely slow. Enjoyable nonetheless

"Course in great shape - perfect for learning the sport !"

SuzanneH's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/19/2016

I played Thunderbird with my 11 year old grandson. He is learning to golf and we appreciate that Thunderbird is a good length to learn.

We were never pushed by the people behind us (also with youth) and enjoyed our round.

I noticed an improvement on the insect situation, as the last time I played there, there were so many mosquitos it was very difficult to focus. This time, it was much better.

Course Difficulty:  Extremely Easy

"Great condition"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/18/2016

This is an outstanding track to teach a beginner. Greens are very well maintained and there are enough challenges to help sharpen the game of a seasoned golfer

"Superb conditions"

Motorziff's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/03/2016
Previously played Walked Played 9 holes Excellent weather

Just love this course because of the great conditions - better than 90% of public courses in Ottawa. Also, you can get on and off in 1.5 hours and it don't cost an arm and a leg. Also, it gets your short game going in a really fun way so you can score better when you get to the long courses. What's not to like? Awesome.

Commented on 07/05/2016

Motorziff -

We are overwhelmed with how much you enjoyed your time playing with us! We value your feedback and appreciate the awesome review! We look forward to your next outing with us and hope that we will see you again real soon!

Best Regards,

Your Friends at

Thunderbird GC Management

"First time at Thunderbird"

Scott8557765's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/30/2015
First time playing Played as a single Walked Played 9 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

I went early, so basically had the course to myself. The sun was a factor (Brightness) at that time and was hard to see for some holes. The course was in very good shape. I went to practice my short game. Only used 8, 9, PW and putter. I enjoyed the course and will go again. Great price using Golfnow!

Commented on 09/08/2015

Thank you for your great review! We are happy to hear you found a good value to try out the course. We look forward to your next round with us!

"Nice little par 3 course"

Jazzman2's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/05/2015

Great starter course for my 6 year old grandson. play was not forced as many others had their children out as well

Commented on 08/06/2015

Thank you for your review! We are glad you had an enjoyable time with your grandson. We hope to see you both back soon for another round!

"fun"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/19/2015

Very short par 3, longest hole is 140yds.<br/> Fun tho, got through 18 holes in 2 hrs playing 2 balls At a time, good short iron practice and the greens and fairways were in great shape.

Commented on 07/21/2015

Thank you for your nice review! We feel the course is fun too for all levels and are so glad to hear about your experience! We look forward to your next round!

"LC"

Catidmorin's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/14/2015

Great day, great overall conditions of the course, wonderful surprise. For two gals wanting to walk the course it was ideal. Thank you!

Commented on 07/17/2015

Thank you for your review! We are so happy that you had such a great experience! We look forward to your next round.

"Course was great BUT......"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/26/2015
Previously played Played with a group Walked Played 9 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

I CHOOSE THIS METHOD OF BOOKING BECAUSE THEY ADVERTISED A CERTAIN PRICE. LITTLE DID I KNOW I WOULD BE PAYING<br/> "EXTRA" MONEY FOR THE CONVENIENCE!!!!!<br/> WILL LOOK FOR BETTER MEANS OF RESERVING A TEE TIME IN FUTURE AND WILL CERTAINLY WARN OTHERS OF THIS EXTRA FEE!

Commented on 06/10/2016

They have service charges. Its life

Commented on 07/08/2015

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that you were inconvenienced with the transaction fees that may be found on certain booking sites. One reason we offer special rates online is to counter this. Please visit our website at http://thunderbirdsportscentre.com to reserve all but the Hot Deal Times without fees.