Ambassador Golf Club

Pull-carts: No
Clubs: No
Caddies: No

Singles allowed: No
Dress code: Proper golf attire.

Pewter 71 6121 yards 69.8 119
Pewter(W) 71 6121 yards 75.4 132
Ivory 71 5338 yards 65.2 113
Ivory (W) 71 5338 yards 70.5 120

"Awful pace..."

golfpro67's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/20/2017

Was a member at this course for a few years and it has sadly gone downhill each year. Ton of leagues now and the pace of play is beyond awful. 2 hours to play 5 holes.. Contacted pro shop regarding pace of play and nothing was done. Response we received was sorry guys..

"Weather couldn't hold me down"

CDPbogeygolfer's avatar
British Columbia Advisor

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/07/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 9 holes Poor weather

I was visiting Windsor during a different event and really wanted to try this course as it is listed as one of the best public courses in Canada. The weather was horrible but I thought I would give it a go anyways.

Everything was great except for one big issue, the pro shop staff were very unfriendly. There were some great factors to this course but the lack of care or interest of the pro shop staff made my experience not great. It was like I was putting them out for wanting to go out with terrible weather. No towel to go with my cart in rainy conditions and very little in the care of my experience. The Very poor attitude towards me turned me off. I have been treated way better in other similar situations at top courses in my travels. Really didn't feel like I was playing at a top course in Canada.

The big thing that made it up for me was the great server and amazing food in the restaurant before the round.

The course itself was a fun track and could see that in the middle of the summer in prime conditions, this would be a must play for any golfer during a visit to Windsor. Great bunker placements with other strategically placed hazards can give this course a little bit of teeth. The greens were very nice and had just enough undulation to make easy putts difficult. In better weather I could see them running really fast.

It is too bad my experience wasn't the best but it still won't steer me away from recommending this golf course to the high and low handicappers. In great conditions I can see why it a top rated course.

My one big issue about the design is a lack of shade. This a true to style links course with little or no trees. On hot days it could be a tough one to walk.

"Hiding in plain sight."

braggs's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/16/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

A great golf course with many challenging holes, hidden among industrial lands and suburbia. Impeccably groomed, links type course. Very few trees but watch out for the mounds and fescue grass that are always lurking, waiting for an errant shot. Never seems to be overly busy and you'll likely need every club in your bag. Great fun and a treat to play. As nice or nicer than the local "Private" clubs.