Creekview Golf Club

Practice bunker: Yes

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Location is convenient to the city   Great for beginners locals   Challenges include water hazards bunkers

"Course is closed. New ownership"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/14/2017

Course is closed until September. New ownership. Hope they get rid of the water moccasins and get new greens and fairways

"Should be closed until repairs are made"

Plays:  Once every three months

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2017

The only part of the course that was mowed was the greens,. Which is ironic since there was no grass on the greens. Worst course conditions I have ever seen!!

Course Layout: Poor

"Course Needs A Lot of Work"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2017

I played this course about 7 years ago, and it was in good shape. Now it is in very rough shape. I am told they are evaluating how to resurrect it.

"Safari Time"

allen1608079's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/25/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

If your desperate to hit balls, then go. Fair ways need work, lots of weeds. Greens are diseased with fungus, however they are flat!

"Terrible Condition"

Michael7448607's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/09/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

The pictures do not show how the course really is. There is no sand in the bunkers. The grass is not cut with any regularity. The greens really cant even be called greens. Weeds everywhere.

I was looking for a course to get a little warmup round in, since I haven't played in awhile. After the first hole, I had already decided that it wasn't even worth playing all 18 holes. Looking forward to actually playing at a good course next weekend

Course Difficulty:  Extremely Easy

"Creekview GC- Crandall, TX"

Anthoni1821814's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/11/2017
First time playing Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

The course didn't look great aesthetically. To my surprise the green (although not green) has true rolls. There were a few greens that needs minimal repair. The course offered challenging lengths from the white tees. The carts are gas operated and offer a lot of power. The driving range leaves a lot to be desired. The club house offered hot dogs, links, and soda. With a little bit of time and money this course will see better days.

"Never go back"

Gary2346's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/06/2017

This is the worse course I have ever played.

The entire thing is a wreck, very poorly managed. Jimmy, the morning cashier ,has got to. be the rudest individual I have ever encountered. It won't be in business much longer. I'll never go back.

"Good Value"

gary28's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/24/2017

The course wasn't bad for it's financial situation. The greens were ok and the fairways were decent. The bunkers were abandoned however a local told me they were playing them as GUR

"Veterans day round"

lcjon's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/11/2016
First time playing Walked Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Weather was beautiful, son drove from Denton to play with me...we had a great time. Course in rough shape, minimum staff, possible financial issues(?). It can be enjoyable if expectations are low and you can avoid the fire ant mounds.

"This is a Shame!"

Lhornedfrogdavis's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/15/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

This is a very good layout that was not properly run and has gone into receivership by the bank. The course upkeep reflects this. The tees that are maintained are not bad, the greens roll true but need some major work in areas. The sand traps have not been maintained and are full of weeds as is the case for the fairways. There are some new folks there trying to resurrect this course - the bank is asking $1.2 million for the property from what I understand. It's in a flood plain so can't be developed. This coiurse might not be a bad deal for someone that knows how to run a golf course. I hope someone will save it as it is a very good track.

"Don't expect too much and you'll be ok."

ibchillin's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/09/2016

After listening to everyone talk it down we weren't expecting too much. They had just mowed so I'm sure that made it better. Greens were a bit sparse but rolled ok. Be sure to take care of business before you get on the course ( no toilet paper in the restroom out on the course). I really hope they save this course, it's been a fun reasonable place to play in the past. All in all it really wasn't as bad as we were expecting. We only paid 10 bucks on Golf Now and it was worth that!

"Terrible"

lemuelkempjr's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/03/2016

Terrible conditions. Will absolutely never play again. This is the first bad review I have ever left.

"Course is UNPLAYABLE"

ScoutOut's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/29/2016

Course is worst it has ever been and is simply unplayable. Tee boxes are not mowed. . Fairways are not mowed. You lose a ball in the middle of the fairway. Bunkers have zero sand and are filled with weeds up to 3 foot tall. Greens are just horrible....dead patches all over to the point of just being dirt. Weeds clumps make putting impossible.

Do not waste your time or money.

"Venue"

upsetbride's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/28/2016

This was the worst experience of my daughters (the bride's life) a memory ruined forever. On the week prior to the event a miscommunication (not on my daughters part) but by the event planner about a walk through but because of the rain the golf course was closed. This brings us to August 28th the day of my daughters wedding. We got there at 8:00 met by someone else I believe was Beverly who absolutely was amazing. We got all set up the wedding was to start at 1pm the wedding started at 1:20. At 1pm James who i am guessing is a GM or owner or whatever ran up the stairs when questioned he said he had to do something that would take a minute. He was up there for 20 when he proceed to come down the stairs i told him to stop for a few my daughter was walking down the stairs her wedding was starting. He passed me and proceeded down the stairs my daughter asked him what he was doing that she was walking down the isle could he not hear the music that she was getting married to get out and he gave her a nasty look and went down the stairs this will forever be in her video there is no editing this part out. When James and Dana were confronted he stated he had permission to go up there from the videographer which is an employee of mine James was informed several times that the wedding was going on and he had no regard for this. His manners are rude to say the least I asked him when confronted what are you going to do to make this right you never apologized you didn't do anything he stated i was going to talk to the mom I am the mom. I informed him of this I informed him that we would be filing suit he said you can't get blood from a turnip. At which time Dana came back over to the venue after the bride and groom left to get details and than called the bride on her wedding day on her way to her honeymoon and said if you have video proof I will refund you the money of the venue. Which I am in the process of getting this from our photographer. However, there is no fixing this. There is no redo for the video. Forever this man will be in my daughters video. The grounds are unkept, there was a keg by the front door, golf course batteries where there is a area that should have flowers. This was a convenient location for all and if the venue wouldn't have been paid for in advance we would have just canceled after the no show to do the walk through. Very unhappy . The bride is upset. The video ruined. I wouldn't want another to go through this. The venue is pretty. The staff is less than professional to say the least. The only one I can give props to for trying is Beverly.

Commented on 03/29/2017

Lol didn't you look at the course b4 you booked the wedding?☺

Commented on 10/16/2016

You booked your reservation on Golfnow.com? But how was the golf? ...

You can take a small measure of consolation in the fact that based on statistics,in a few years it will be the marriage that provides her with endless disappointment and not the wedding. And if her's is a marriage that defies the odds, this unfortunate video will provide for long lasting levity. I know this because 31 years ago I had such an event happen that also was caught on my wedding video. In fact 3 or 4 totally different events or horrible deviations occurred on tape. I'm now going on 32 years of marital bliss. And my wedding video gets funnier every time I see it!

"This course needs attention (mowing and watering)"

Frank9387901's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/07/2016

This would be an excellent course if management would keep up with landscape appearance and course.

"Not bad for the price."

lmckinnon's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/19/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 9 holes Good weather

Fill all sand traps; no sand to maintained,

"Friendly staff"

kcfredieu's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/15/2016

I have been playing it for a while. Right now, it is pretty grown up with grass so playing conditions are tough. I keep going because the staff is nice and I can play fast. 3 to 3 and a half hours.

"Creekview"

war18075's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/19/2016
Previously played Used cart Good weather Verified Purchaser

The couse needs more watering and mowing. Mowed grass should be removed. Too much rough next to the fairways were too high and needed cutting.

"Bad shape, easy things to fix but they don't!"

Age:  Under 25

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/19/2016

Tried Creekview again ... still has the same old problems that have simple fixes.

The tee boxes were absolutely terrible. First off many (most?) only have one tee marker and they are so old and faded you cant tell whet color they are. On 2 teeboxes the white marker was a scorecard taped to an very old red marker, and the red marker on those holes only had 1 marker. So simple and inexpensive to fix! Also we had to remove clumps of cut grass to find a place to tee up - again a simple fix.

Fairways were OK since we've had some rain --- but now that's its heating up they can't, or won't water them so they will start turning hard and cracks will show up.

Green were bumpy, so try rolling them!

Creekview continues to be hurt be not paying attention to the details. Prices are not bad, but I guess you get what you pay for.

"Sad state of affairs"

DJarrett's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/18/2016

This golf course has such good potential. The layout isn't bad but the upkeep is terrible. They are in desperate need of maintenance. The tee boxes hadn't been mowed in a week. The fairway was as bad as the rough at most courses. One of the golf carts we had was in bad repair. If I had the money, I would buy this course since it is most likely on the edge of bankruptcy, invest some money into it and turn it around. It seriously has such good potential but is currently such a mess. The lady at the front desk is so very nice...the place just needs some tlc.