Stevens Park Golf Course

Driving range: No

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Location is convenient to the city

"Might be my favorite municipal in Texas"

MikeBaileyGA's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2017

It's hard to believe this is a municipal golf course. Quite frankly, it looks like a high-end country club and even though it was redesigned, it has a classic look. With hills and elevated tees and great views of the Dallas skyline, this is one enjoyable course. And while it's only 6,100 yards, it's plenty difficult, showing you don't have to have a 7,400-yard golf course to test good players.

"Disaster!!!"

Filthy20's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/08/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Is this even the same course that I played last July? The last time I was here, the course was perfect, now it is a complete disaster! Maybe this is Dallas golf in the "winter"... Teeboxes destroyed. Greens terrible. Fairways hard with no grass. I wish someone else would have reviewed this course before I went and played, I would have stayed away! Hopefully this place comes around again soon or I will not ever again.

"Maybe the Best Course I've ever Played"

JacobMHS's avatar
Age:  Under 25

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/01/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather

Only complaints: Got backed up on the back 9 (I don't think it was a big group or anything, just got backed up), no cartgirls on weekdays apparently, only two water fountains on the whole course (the one on the back nine tastes like pipe), Par 70 (6 par 3s) may turn some people off.

Pros: The holes are some of the most creative that I've played, the whole course was beautiful. It just had a very welcoming atmosphere, and the course just had a great charm to it. Well conditioned, skyline views on the back nine are incredible, and the whole course was awesome. It isn't terribly difficult (as in it's not going to punish you for good shots). Playing smart golf is vital to a good score here. There are plenty of elevation changes, and no two holes are really the same. Only thing I would've done differently is stock up on drinks so I wouldn't die in the 100 degree weather, and maybe played it at a different time where it wouldn't be so crowded (but that would've only made the weather factor worse.) Fantastic value, and a course you could take somebody you want to impress. I don't like using this term, but a real jewel of a course.

"Short and sweet!"

Filthy20's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/30/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

First time at Stevens Park. The course was in great shape, however the greens are still recovering from a recent punch. They were super slow on the front 9, but much faster on the back 9.

Now knowing the course, I'll shoot much better next time. There are a lot of dogleg holes which require nothing more than a 5 iron (for us long hitters). Elevated greens and water hazards crossing the fairways are a challenge - bring your range finder with slope! The GPS is decent, but way off when it comes to the slope.

FYI - there is no driving range here. Chipping, putting, and a hitting net are available.

"My favorite muni"

Matt8776790's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/02/2016
Previously played Walked Good weather

This is my favorite municipal course in the DFW area. Just a great layout and wonderful course to play. View of downtown from 15 tee box is fantastic.

"What a View"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2016

For being in the city what great course and views of the city from some of the holes are just great. Will play this again when back in Dallas.

"Good Dallas Muni"

FreddieWashington's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/21/2015
Previously played Played with a group Walked Played 18 holes Good weather

This is one of the more popular Dallas munis, due to the attractive location and quality of the course relative to several of the others.

The course is relatively short (6,000, par 70 from the men's tees), but it's fun - elevation changes, some tight fairways and you need to really control the ball. It's not a masher's course by any stretch.

It has 6 par 3s and 4 par 5s. The par 5s are rather long (3 over 500 yards), which makes several of the par 4s pretty short (6,000 yards total).

It's a nice course to walk and has some attarctive elevation changes, which is not common in Dallas.

No driving range makes this a good place to play first thing in the morning. For some reason, probably location, Dallas charges higher greens fees for Stevens Park and Tenison Highlands. Cedar Crest is a better value and just as good of an experience.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"Stevens Park"

TheOBchef's avatar
Dallas Advisor

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/13/2015

The course has a lot of character. Played for the first time and was impressed. Strategic shot making is key for this track. There was no beverage cart so you may need to stock up at the clubhouse. Greens and bunkers are in excellent shape!

"Phenomenal!"

PuttingForDough's avatar
Dallas Advisor

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

I can't say enough good things about this course. I played on a Friday afternoon in the middle of summer and the course was still in great shape and played right at 4 hours. The greenskeepers take great shape of this course and know how to keep it in great shape year around. Not only is it a great course but it also provides one of the best views of downtown Dallas as a back drop. I would recommend this course to anyone who lives in or visits Dallas.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"A must play course!"

Chapelboy's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/02/2015

I played Tenison Highlands the day before and asked the young guy at the pro shop, if I only played one more round where should I play? Well, I'm glad I took his advice.

The course isn't long (I typically play 1 tee up at courses 6400-6700 yards), but it was still a great experience. It forced me to use a lot of different clubs and play more strategic.

I love the history and beauty of the course. The course is a must play in my book.

"Impressed with Stevens Park"

tjohannest's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/26/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather

Was the opening round in our annual buddies golf tournament, we are in our 24th year, this year went to Dallas. Had read about the renovation and course got excellent marks in some of the different homework I did to choose courses. It did not disappoint. Greens had recently been sanded so still a lot of that on there, so that was a slight downer, but didnt disappoint too much.

Food and Bev was a little odd. So there was no food and beverage cart on the course until very late in the round. All of us who golf and like to have a couple pops on the course have read the "No outside food and beverage on the course" signs at pretty much in America, however these guys took it to a little bit of an extreme.

One of my playing partners day 1 had a soft cooler in his golf bag, he brings it in case a course (especially in a hot location like Dallas) doesnt have coolers, someone spotted it and confiscated it, even though it had nothing in it. He got it back after the round. They had little to no water coolers on the course, which on the summer in Dallas I found a little odd.

Course layout kind of unique, there are back to back par 3's, which is odd, but one thing I would say I would of like to of seen there is a variance, I think I hit the same club on both holes. There are some snapping dog legs so be careful not to drive through them.

Overall though, very much enjoyed the course. Would 100% play again if I was in the area.

Quality of food & beverage: Fair