Edgewater Golf Club

Practice bunker: Yes
Practice hole: No
Simulator: No
Golf school / academy: No

Dress code: Collared shirts or mock turtlenecks required. Men: bermuda shorts or long pants only. Ladies: shorts, skirts, pants, or skorts. No denim.

Navy (M) 72 6102 yards 69.2 129
Navy (W) 72 6102 yards 76.4 136
White (M) 72 5322 yards 65.3 117
Burgundy 72 4717 yards 67.1 113

Average Rating 4.5 stars from 5

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs convenient to the city   Great for wildlife/ scenic views advanced golfers locals   Challenges include elevation changes bunkers forced carries   Great for drinks brunch watching the game

"Great Course"

Preston6249883's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/15/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

I loved this course. My only gripe would be that the greens were a little too slow and the sand traps were not the best. However, I do believe that these may have been due to the rain the day before. I drove 1:45 to get there and will definitely be willing to make that drive again.

"great layout"

donembleton's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/12/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

great conditions, great greens, all a round great place

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 07/17/2017:

Thank you for the 5 star review! We are so glad that you enjoyed our course conditions and great greens. Thanks for the review, can't wait to have you back!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2017

Great course and each year I make it a point to get down to Edgewater from Charlotte to play a round. Bunkers do need work but from what I see and read on other reviews it looks as if this will be addressed. Staff from the Club house to the maintenance crew. I look forward to playing an other round soon.

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 07/17/2017:

Thank you for the awesome review! We are currently looking into a few of our bunkers and hope to come up with a solution soon. Looking forward to having you back again with us in the near future!

"Great Value for the Money"

LarrySmith8306's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/09/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

This is one of the best layouts in the area, public or private and the course is in excellent shape. During three recent rounds, I played the ball down and had excellent lies in the fairway. Green fees are very reasonable and it is just a fun course to play. Several of the bunkers could use a bit more sand and some of them had a few rocks in them, but otherwise this place is a gem. More golfers should make the trip to Edgewater!

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 07/17/2017:

Thank you so much for the excellent review! We are so glad you made the trip to come see us and we hope to see you many more times in the future. Thanks for coming out, we appreciate the 5 star review!

Kaffers50's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/07/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

This is a beautiful course that is the caliber of a country club course. Excellent service and personnel. If you are in the area be sure to add this course to your play list.

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 07/10/2017:

Thank you so much for the awesome review! We really appreciate the kind words regarding our great staff and Country Club like feel. Thank you so much and we can't wait to have you back with us.

"The nicest course I have played in a long time!"

michaelbarban's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/06/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

The course was lush green everywhere. Well maintained and the right amount of difficulty to make it an awesome course to play and enjoy! The price for the round was far below what you would expect to pay for such an awesome course. After playing the course and interacting with the staff I thought I should have paid at least $120.00 for the round..

I would defiantly recommend the course to anyone!

Attentive knowledgeable staff, Beautifully Awesome Course, and you can't beat the price!

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 07/17/2017:

Thank you for the awesome review! We appreciate the great compliments regarding the course and our great prices. Please come back and see us again soon.

"First rate course and staff"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/06/2017

I was lucky enough to play Edgewood while visiting family over the 4th of July holiday. I had such a great experience, I cannot wait to return. The course was challenging, but fair and in impeccable condition. The staff was absolutely first rate. Jodi in the golf shop was so friendly and welcoming. Overall, a fantastic place to play, and I highly recommend to anyone who can get there.

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 07/17/2017:

Thank you so much for the great review. We appreciate the kind words regarding our course and excellent staff, we will definitely pass this along to everyone. Thanks again and looking forward to having you back at the club.

"Great Layout, however!"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/03/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

This course is a great and fun layout. However the bunkers are horrible (masonry sand and stones). Bunkers desperately need to be replaced. Some of the fairway have weeds and the grass in thin. Spray for weeds and use some fertilizer. Greens are good but they putt way to slow. Cut your greens and roll them.

This course has the potential to be an awesome course but not if you don't put some money back into it.

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 07/17/2017:

Thank you for the honest review. We will take a closer look into some of the suggestions that you have brought to our attention. We appreciate the feedback and hope to see you again in the near future.

"Great place to play."

Crowsnestsc's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/01/2017

I have been playing Edgewater since it opened and it continues to improve with each visit. The course is always well maintained and bunkers are the only area that needs improvement. The bent greens are generally slick and fun to play.The staff both inside and out try to make each visit memorable. I make it a point to recommend Edgewater to anyone that comes into my shop.

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 07/17/2017:

Thank you for the awesome review! We really appreciate you recommending Edgewater to everyone that comes to into your shop. We really appreciate it and are so glad you have been playing at our course for so long. We appreciate the review and hope to see you again this weekend!

"Going downhill"

mpatchus's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/25/2017

Edgewater used to be one of my favorite courses in the area. I used to brag about this course, but this year has seen some negative changes.

While the layout is still one of the best around, the condition of the sand traps is pathetic. Most are simply hard packed clay and dirt.

The greens, fairways and tee boxes are decent, although not as well manicured as in past years. They have also decided to cut costs by eliminating the bottled water that was featured around the course. Instead of cutting costs there, eliminate the guys putting clubs in the cart.

Still a nice course, but not as nice as it once was.

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 06/29/2017:

Hello Michael, thank you for taking the time to review Edgewater Golf Club in the Charlotte area. We are glad to hear that you are still happy with the course layout, but we do apologize that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we will make sure to pass this along to management. Thank you for golfing with us and we hope to see you again soon.

"LMGA TOURNAMENT"

Bwatts221's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2017

Course was in excellent shape! Went to school with Will and played golf with him in school as well! Kudos to him and his maintenance staff for excellent conditions! Hard work pays off with bent in the south!

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 06/14/2017:

Thanks for the awesome review. We are so glad you enjoyed the course conditions and our excellent greens today. We will definitely pass along the kind words to Will!

"Awesome"

danhowze20's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

I play this course the most of any I play. The staff is always very friendly and the course is phenomenal. Only a few details they need to address. Some of the bunkers are unplayable. I feel they need sand on the carts to fill in divots on fairways. I mentioned it one time and they said it was being addressed. Just a personal thought, but I felt the clubhouse should have been built across the street from where it is now. Would make making the turn a little quicker. Pace of play might be just a little quicker. There is plenty of room across the street......not sure if it is theirs or not. Just an opinion. GREAT COURSE!!!

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 06/02/2017:

Thank you for the suggestions, we appreciate you making us aware of the sand bottles and we will take a closer look into adding this. We appreciate the kind words regarding our staff, we will definitely pass this along to them. Thanks MGT

"Please fix the sand traps"

chris7443591's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2017

Tee box, fairways and greens were all in good shape. The sand traps on the other hand remain so bad there is little point of trying to even play out of them. Construction sand and red clay with animal burrows is so out of character with the rest of the course. Suggestion : change half the bunkers to grass bunkers to reduce the # of sand bunkers that need to be maintained.

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 06/02/2017:

Thank you for the recommendations regarding the bunkers, we appreciate you making us aware of the situation and we will take a closer look to see what we can do. Thanks MGT

"Great Course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2017

First time playing, a bit of a drive from Charlotte, about an hour but well worth it. Staff very friendly, able to tee off early to get ahead of a foursome. Course wet after all the rain but in great shape. Challenging from back tees but a lot of fun with different elevations and some water in play. Will definitely play again.

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 06/02/2017:

Thanks for the review! We appreciate you taking the long drive to come see us, we appreciate the feedback and hope to see you again in the near future.

"Great course"

bjmorris48's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/20/2017

Layout is challenging, greens immaculate, water on many holes, and lots of character.

Commented on 05/22/2017

Hi "bjmorris48" Thanks for the review. We are so glad you enjoyed the character of the course. We appreciate the kind words regarding the overall course conditions and we hope to see you again soon.

"Great layout"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/19/2017

This course is a great layout with lots of memorable holes. Bent grass greens are in really good condition and roll good but not extremely fast. Overall condition of the course needs a little work. Definitely worth the drive to play it.

Commented on 05/22/2017

Hi "u00000426241" Thanks for the excellent review. We appreciate you making the long drive to come see us! Can't wait to have you back at the course!

"Edgewater"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/18/2017

Great layout and wonderful greens that were medium speed. We played from the Gold tees and we will definitely return.

Commented on 05/22/2017

Hi "u996082115" Thanks for the great review. We are so glad you enjoyed the greens today, we appreciate the review and can't wait to have you back at the course.

"Best Value"

Allanhcp5's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2017

You will not find a better value within 2 hours of Charlotte or Columbia. Play early and often, you won't be disappointed.

Response from Edgewater Tee Times on 04/24/2017:

"Allanhcp5" thank you for the 5 star review! We are happy to hear you had an excellent experience overall at our course. We look forward to seeing you again soon for another round!

"Great course and Price"

Dave9177648's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2017

Great course for the $$. Pace of play was very good and course was in decent shape. Will return to play again.

Response from Edgwater Tee Times on 04/24/2017:

We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that the pace of play and course conditions were ideal for your round. We look forward to seeing you again soon for another round!

Bridget7278412's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/04/2017

Response from Edgewater Tee Times on 04/06/2017:

"Bridget7278412" thank you for the 5 star review! We are excited to see that you had an excellent round with us overall. We look forward to seeing you again for another round!