Edgewater Golf Club

Gift this Course
  • 2380 Catawba Ridge Blvd. Ste. 100, Lancaster, South Carolina, 29720
  • www.edgewatergc.com

Year built: 2008
Architect(s): Bruce Brodsky (2008)
Type: Public

Practice bunker: Yes
Practice hole: No
Simulator: No
Golf school / academy: No

Dress code: Collared shirts or mock turtlenecks required. Men: bermuda shorts or long pants only. Ladies: shorts, skirts, pants, or skorts. No denim.

Tees | Layout

Navy (M) 72 6102 yards 69.2 129
Navy (W) 72 6102 yards 76.4 136
White (M) 72 5322 yards 65.3 117
Burgundy 72 4717 yards 67.1 113

Average Rating 4.5 stars from 5

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs convenient to the city   Great for wildlife/ scenic views advanced golfers locals   Challenges include elevation changes bunkers forced carries   Great for drinks brunch watching the game

"Great Course!"

Patrick9956560's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/11/2017

I Live in Lancaster and have played Lancaster Golf Club my entire life. I love making it over to Edgewater to play a round. Course is in near perfect shape. Cheapest deals around.You can't beat 24 dollars to ride a cart for 18 holes on a saturday afternoon. Wonderful layout and beautiful course! Would recommend to anyone!

Response from Edgewater Tee Times on 03/24/2017:

"Patrick9956560" thank you for the 5 star review! We are excited to hear you enjoyed your round and think our course is in perfect shape. We love to have you out on our greens for a round anytime! Please come again soon.

"Good course for the money"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/11/2017
First time playing Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

The course was a challenge to find, but once there, it was in good shape given the time of year . The greens were faster than I expected and the course was well marked. I would play the course again.

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 03/15/2017:

"u000007522213", thank you for your feedback! We are glad to hear the greens were fast and you enjoyed the course overall. We look forward to seeing you again soon for another round!

"Great Escape"

u00000342062's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/01/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

The staff was friendly and let us go off when we got their even though we were early.The course is in great shape and the greens were rolling true and running around a 10 .The round took three hours to play and this is a great course to play because you fill like you are only one playing.I will be back and play again even though I had to drive 68 miles to get there.

Response from Edgewater Tee Times on 03/07/2017:

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff, course conditions, and pace of play. We look forward to seeing you again soon for another round, and we thank you for the 5 star review!

"Very playable, well-maintained golf course"

wvumike942's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/20/2017

My son and I played the blue tees and we are 12 handicappers and had a fun round. Probably could have played Gold tees but I don't drive it longer than 230 yes and there are a couple of up hill holes that would make my 85 more of a high 80's.

First few greens are fairly flat and easy to read but there are a number of blind shots to greens that have more contour. Could have used some guidance in the course guide we were given.

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 02/22/2017:

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your round with us! We look forward to seeing you again soon for another round. Thank you for your feedback.

"Edgewater Golf Club"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/08/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

Beautiful course and very friendly staff. Cant wait to play here again.

Response from Edgewater Tee Times on 02/15/2017:

We are glad to hear that you enjoy our course and friendly staff. Thank you for your feedback and we can't wait to have you back again!

"Hidden Gem"

jlee196's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/07/2017
First time playing Walked Perfect weather Verified Purchaser

I had heard numerous fellow golfers take about this hidden gem so I had to check it out. It was well worth the 50 minute drive, as you cannot beat the price for a course this nice. By far the friendliest staff I have come across in a long long time. Course was in great shape and greens were fast but fair. Definitely coming back!!

Response from Edgewater Tee Times on 02/15/2017:

We are glad to hear our course was in great shape for your round! We are happy you enjoyed the unbeatable price and friendly staff as well. Thanks for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon for another round!

"A bucket list course"

schweiz's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/06/2017

Any golfer living in the Columbia or Charlotte area must put this beautiful course on their bucket list. It is located in the middle of nowhere, not easy to find but you are well rewarded when you arrive at the destination and teeing it up. Generous fairways, lots of elevation changes, undulating large, true rolling greens. No homes on the course, very scenic and memorable. The bunkers are plenty of, they are deep with much character. The staff is outstanding, very accommodating and helpful. The only shortcoming I encountered is the driving range, no grass, mostly dirt and the putting practice green was nothing to write home about.

All in all, a fabulous experience; looking forward when the dormant fairways green up and will be more pleasing to the eye.

Response from Edgewater Tee Times on 02/15/2017:

We regret to hear that the driving range was not ideal for your round. We will be sure to address it at the course and fix things accordingly. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your round with us and had a fabulous experience otherwise! Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon for another round.

"Challenging Edgewater GC"

Abankssr's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/28/2017

This course was as good as they get for a public course. It compares to Private courses like Firethorne CC , Cabarrus CC, etc. I played in Jan 2017 and the greens were firm and fast. It plays long and has some challenging holes. Bring your "A" game to this gem, it's well worth the drive to Lancaster, SC.

Response from Edgewater Tee Times on 02/02/2017:

Thank you for the positive feedback! We are happy you enjoyed your round at Edgewater Golf Club and hope to see you again soon with you "A" game!

"Course has great layout design. Has some of everything , doglegs, water, short par 5's, long par 5's, and water."

Rhilljr's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/26/2017

Course in good shape for this time of year, especially the greens.

Response from Edgewater Tee Times on 02/22/2017:

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our course conditions and course layout! Thank you for the 5 star review and we look forward to seeing you again soon for another round.

"Best in South Carolina"

mgillm1064's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/20/2017

Best in South Carolina

What a spectacular course, cut in the woods surrounded by water. Very thoughtful and well laid out.

Response from Edgewater Tee Times on 02/22/2017:

Thank you for the 5 star review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your round with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon for another round!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/12/2017

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 02/09/2017:

Thank you for visiting our course and taking the time to review your experience! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your round and that you would recommend our course to your friends. We strive to keep our golfers happy and look forward to having you back again soon, happy golfing!

"Edgewater"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/23/2016

Love this course. Worth the drive. Greens fastest I ever played here though. Never quite made the adjustment so score suffered. My fault for never making the adjustment. Enjoyed the afternoon round with my son. Looking forward to the next time here.

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 02/08/2017:

Thank you for the feedback. We are very happy to hear you liked our course and would recommend to your friends! We hope your next visit will be even better!

"Enjoyable course with lots of variables"

alexthehacker's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/03/2016
First time playing Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

The temperature was cool, around 52 degrees. Our group truly enjoyed our round of golf. The course has lots of different variables to add to your game. Short holes, long holes, water, trees, up and down hill shots, narrow and wide fairways. We thought the course was in good shape for this time of year. The greens were in good shape and a little faster than we are used to playing, although we thought the greens would have been larger for such a nice course.The staff was very helpful and very friendly. They truly wanted you to enjoy your experience. We drove 100 miles to play this course and were not disappointed. We will return.

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 02/08/2017:

Hello "alexthehacker", thank you for your feedback. We are very excited to hear you enjoyed your round with us and that you went out of your way just to play our course! We aim to give our golfers the best experience possible and look to improve everyday. We hope to see you and your friends back soon and hope that your next round will be even better!

"Great day to play golf"

rhemphill's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/02/2016

We arrived earlier than our tee time, but were allowed to play as soon as ready. This is great so we could finish and head home. Course in great shape, greens were well maintained and groomed. The rough next to the fairway was a little longer than normal and found two balls obviously not found. This course is a hidden gem in the making. Used GolfNow for booking our tee times.

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 02/08/2017:

We are very excited to hear you had a great experience at our course! We strive to keep our golfers happy and look to improve everyday to make this happen. We hope to see you back here soon!

"Edgwater"

Buker41's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/30/2016

Beautiful course, but a littlr tough for beginners.

Response from Edgewater on 11/03/2016:

Thank you very much for the 4 star rating! We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and hope to see you again soon!

"Edgewater"

Pesaru3529271's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/28/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 9 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

one of the best courses in the area.

Response from Edgewater on 11/02/2016:

Wow - Thank you for the perfect 5 star rating! Be sure to check out our gift cards for the upcoming Holiday season! Shop online here: https://www.itson.me/shop/now-gifting-golf/edgewater_golf_club#/

"Great Experience"

jajgolf1's avatar
Plays:  Twice a year

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/12/2016

Fantastic course, that lulled me into false security for first three holes, then spanked me with long carries. Fun, true running greens, yet players need lesson in divot repairs. Friendly staff, and lunch combo special was delish.

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 10/14/2016:

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time playing at Edgewater Golf Club! Thank you very much for the 5 star rating! Come see us again soon!

"The meaning of bargain!"

ArthurLightbody's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/11/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

A hot deal not on a hot day. Nice 18 holes with very little waiting with two strangers who became friends. It was about fun.

Greens were about average speed maybe a little slower than they normally are. I played therein warmer weather, when greens were a bit faster.

A great course for a low intermediate player at 6100 yard length.

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 10/14/2016:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us! We appreciate the 5 star rating and hope to see you again soon!

"Great Course, Excellent Staff"

walleye8's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/26/2016

Greens were recently aerated so still a bit bumpy otherwise I would have rated condition excellent, which this course usually is in great shape. Course staff here excels in friendliness and working hard to make sure golfers have a great day on the course. In my opinion, quality customer service at a golf course will always outweigh course conditions and other factors. Keep up the great service staff at Edgewater!

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 10/14/2016:

Wow! Thank you very much for the 5 star rating! We hope we will see you back again soon!

"Great value"

bankerbrown49's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/26/2016

Played before and love coming back. Interesting layout and well maintained. Greens a little shaggy from being recently punched. Rough in good shape compared to past when you could not find your ball. Staff friendly. I'll certainly be back.

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 10/14/2016:

Thank you for the 5 star rating! We are thrilled to hear that you love playing at Edgewater! We hope to see you again soon!