Louisquisset Golf Club

Driving range: No
Practice bunker: Yes
Practice hole: Yes
Simulator: No

Dress code: Proper attire is required.

Location is convenient to the city   Great for 9-hole rounds locals seniors   Challenges include narrow fairways water hazards   Great for drinks

"Great place to play!"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/21/2017

This was my first time playing here. I’m a beginner when it comes to golf so this course was a bit more challenging for me. The fairways are a bit narrow and unless you hit the ball semi straight you’ll feel like you’ll hit the Condominiums aligning the course. The golf pro there was so friendly! He showed us the layout of the course and even let us tee off before our start time. I’ve played at a few different courses and the golf carts and amenities were top of the line! I would 100% play here again. If you’re a first timer or a beginner at this course tell the golf pro and he’ll take care of you. Highly recommend!

lindagolf13's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/17/2017

bigalswife's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/08/2017

Commented on 09/10/2017

I have to disagree with bigalswife. I played with her on this day and the golf staff & golf professional were more than courteous to her. We had to listen to her for 18 holes complain about the golf pro because she booked a hot deal time at 8:30 in our foursome and the pro would not let her play at a different time with that rate with 3 of her member friends. It was my self and 2 other players that booked in. bigalswife booked the very inexpensive Hot Deal Rate and then wanted to play at another time that would have had to be booked at the regular price. To avoid paying regular price she booked with us and didn't want to play with us but her friends. If you don't want to play with other players you are booking in with you shouldn't be booking at that time. Or using golf now to try and manipulate the rate you pay.

I play Louisquisset regularly and the staff is fantastic. They make us feel like and treat us as we we're members. I'll be back soon.

Commented on 09/10/2017

Staff should not be given a negative review when you book in a Hot Deal time with 3 other individuals and then try and play with three of your member friends at a different tee time to avoid paying the appropriate $35.00 guest fee. All Hot Deal Players must play together. You can not book a Hot Deal and then try to play in a regular tee time spot avoid paying the appropriate greens fee.

All bookings will play at the booked in time. As well as with the players in that group.

"Hidden gem"

lbalin's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/08/2017

Impeccably, and continuously maintained, with extraordinarily friendly, welcoming, helpful, tolerant staff, from Keith Niles, the Pro, all the way to the mowing guys (gorgeous greens, splendid and FAIR differentiation between fairways and rough), this course got some serious play during our round, but the respect shown by all of the players for the beauty and quality of the course demonstrated just how much the members valued this hidden gem.

The only quibble is an immutable: because it winds through a condo complex, there is noise from the daily lives of the residents (garbage trucks and such) which is inevitable.

Challenging, narrow landings are a factor, unless one is precise, but finding errant balls was never an issue, because of the loving maintenance of the WHOLE course.

Pace of play was a little intense, but never pressured. A wonderful experience I hope to repeat.

Chris5725680's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/08/2017

Libby1308's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/05/2017

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/05/2017

"Great place"

Stephen6748433's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/04/2017

Great to play and the pro is very nice and pleasant ,food is also great in the restaurant

"Better than expected"

mk8q16ophx8937496's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/02/2017

The course overall is short with 1 par 5 and 3 par 3's. The greens were still recovering from aeration. But it's well kept and the design requires some precision. Well worth the price, we will be back.

1Jarcel2's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/28/2017

"Nice course but 2 bad experiences"

Mjf1081's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/27/2017

I've played this course many times in the past and have always enjoyed it. Although in the two times I played there this year, I had very poor experiences.

The first time my girlfriend and I played 9 then decided to grab some lunch. Up on the patio there were some very intoxicated members who made lewd and sexually explicit comments to my gf bringing her to tears. It was terrible and we only got a "sorry about that" from a waiter

The second time I played 9 by myself and on the 9th hole I teed off and there was a group behind me which included the course pro. After I hit my second shot, which wasn't a very good one, they teed off and very nearly hit me! No "four" nothing. I completed the hole then drove over to them to let them know what happened. No sorry, nothing...one of the players in the group got very defensive and started coming at me like he wanted to fight.

Needless to say I will not be back. I've played there for years so I'm beyond disappointed.

"Great Greens"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/21/2017

Best greens in the state. Overall course condition is excellent. Will recommend this golf course to anyone

"Great Hidden Gem In North Providence"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/15/2017

Having lived in Providence my whole life I knew Louisquisset existed but figured I'd never play it since it's a private course. However I was able to get a tee time and now feel I spent years wasting money and gas going to inferior courses upwards of an hour away instead of the 2 mile drive here. The course was in great condition; solid tee boxes, lush fairways and fast true greens. The only thing is that it is a rather narrow course. Being built throughout a housing community, houses line almost every hole and there is considerable amount of OB, but this in my opinion, made the good shots more rewarding and overall made the course feel a little more robust for its shorter distance. Once the anxiety of shooting shots right by houses subsided I found my second 9 even more enjoyable and my score reflected it. I cannot wait for my next chance to get out on this course.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/03/2017

"Poor customer service"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/30/2017

I bought a hot deal from golf now for $15 for 18 holes and a cart for 3 golfers. When we were going to start the second 9,the starter came out and told me that I only bought 9 holes and a cart for 3 golfers and I would have to pay $10 per golfer for second 9. I showed him my cell phone with reservations for the hot deal,and he still insisted I pay $10 more per golfer. I called golf now and verified the hot deal that I purchased . I gave my cell to the starter so golf now could speak with him, And explain the deal. After about 10mins he agreed to let us continue play. He wasted 20 minutes of our time and slowed play for us and group behind us.

"Dont go"

teubank's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/30/2017

The course is average at best. The group in front of us was very slow . It took 2 and 1/2 almost 3 hours to play 9 holes. I quit after 4 hours with 5 holes left to play. There was no ranger to keep the pace of play on point. Also my girlfriend wanted to just come along and watch but the Pro said she couldn't do that unless she was a paid player. I had to buy a round of golf just so she could come along and watch. I will never play the course again.

Commented on 09/01/2017

I have played Louisquisset and there are signs posted only registered golfers only on course. At the club house and at several on course locations. I asked and it is due to the insurance liability and risk of non-registered golfers at the risk of being hit by errant golf shots. This is a very common practice. You should call ahead to any facility if you plan on bringing non-playing accompanying people with you.

Commented on 08/02/2017

I played Louisquisset at 11:50 we played in 4 hours and 15 minutes Sunday 7/30/17. Great pace for a busy day which it was.. Sounds like you didn't take the time to call and ask about club policies on spectators. Golf Now conformation clearly states Players and guests are required to follow course policies and procedures as outlined by the staff. Please contact pro shop with any questions!

"Great Value Fast Greens!"

adrewl14's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/16/2017

This course is the best value you can find on Golfnow or anywhere. A private 9 hole with excellent fast greens. It has a tricky layout for the first time playing with a lot of OB in play because of all the condos on the property. The pair I was paired with hit these condos on a few holes. I really only used the driver on 1 hole since it is pretty tight. There is no driving range to warm up but there is a putting green. I would come back here on golfnow next time I am in RI.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/08/2017