Tour 18 Dallas

3.5292000000 3.5 stars from 5 (342)

• 8718 Amen Corner, Flower Mound, Texas 75022, Denton County

Preferred 72 6202 yards 70.6 128
Forward (W) 72 5493 yards 74.0 140
Forward 72 5493 yards 67.3 121

Average Rating 3.5 stars from 5

Location is in the 'burbs worth the drive near the airport   Great for advanced golfers entertaining clients a weekend splurge   Challenges include bunkers undulating greens water hazards   Great for drinks watching the game 19th hole scenic views

"Great round of golf with friends!"

gmason2459's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/26/2017

This was mine and my brothers first time playing Tour 18. Loved the course layout... very challenging in a consistent 20 MPH Texas breeze. Course was in great shape.. early in the season for the new Bermuda Turf greens... knew that teeing off. The greens were almost unfair... no holding the green on the slopes... felt like Augusta National... lol. Talked to thensure starter and he explained that the greens were overrun with Pomona and we're recently treated causing the Bermuda to go dormant. Looking forward to playing again when the greens have grown in. Was a lot of fun!!

"Overrated"

tct430's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/25/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Good layout. However, it has to be one of the worst green conditions I have played in years on any course.

No grass on any green, they should change it to Tour 18 of Dirt and Sand.

They must have their people write their review or something.

"Great times"

KLobster's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/22/2017

This is my 3rd or 4th time playing this track in the last 4 months I believe. This course has a great set up and they have done a wonderful job choosing the holes they wanted to be a part of the track. I have played this course starting on hole one and on hole 10, both are a unique experience, giving you a nice order of holes, different and scoring opportunities. Please please please heed the advice of the marshals and the score guided handicap Teebox recommendation for your level. Trust me on that- you'll have a better time if you are honest with yourself. I have played this course from the tips, from the blues, and from the whites. All three are an exceptional experience. Definitely recommend bringing a rangefinder or some kind of GPS- I use the one on the GolfNow app with a Mophie just pack, to help navigate you through blind spots on the course. Doing so will save you strokes trust me. I understand that they are remodeling the bunkers (awesome, 'cause they are 20 yrs old and bunker creation/mantinance has changed a little bit) so please don't let that deter you from going or playing, look at it as a great opportunity to shoot a better score because you get to pull your ball out of a coffin bunker that is GUR. :) The fairways and greens are excellent, (remember it is winter in TX and some grass is dormant). I am looking forward to returning as the seasons change and all the grasses have come back. Most of all have fun! Don't feel like you are rushed, because this place usually has a packed tee sheet, just get out there and play. We got a 4 hr round in the afternoon no sweat. Keep up with the pace of play around you and do not be the slowest player in your group:) have fun out there- Thanks to everyone at Tour18!! I always love playing out there.

"Greens"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/19/2017

The course layout was impressive. The fair ways where in good condition for this time could have been better. The person in charge of the pin location should be mowing instead. You could put within 6 inches of hole up hill and end up 10 feet away back down the hill cause every hole was on the biggest slop on the green. If you didn't get lucky and sink at least a 10 foot putt you where 3 putting at best. Overall was okay , good experience. Won't pay that much again for that course.

"Greens are in BAD SHAPE"

u531929779's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/19/2017

The course was well maintained except for the greens and they are in the worst shape I have seen on any course at this price.

Some of the greens appeared to be painted sand.

I wouldn't recommend the course until the greens are addressed. Once that has taken place I would recommend it.

"Always a treat"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/18/2017

Very friendly and helpful staff. Course of legendary holes is a great treat for all golfers of any ability...as you line up for a drive or approach you can't help but think of all the great players who have faced off against these same challenges and visuals.

Like to play at least once a season....then go home and watch "The Love of the Game"

"Don't waste your time or money!"

tbaethge's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/17/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

Staff was friendly. Fairways and tee boxes were ok, but the greens were horrific! Was told by staff that the bermuda has not had a chance to grow in, but that is not true. I've played many courses around the metroplex and over half were bermuda greens and all were decent, these greens at Tour 18 weren't even close to being as good as the worst greens in the metroplex. It was the biggest waste of $90! I suggest if you have a tournament or company outting scheduled here, you cancel it and take it somewhere else.

"Couldn't believe it..."

jmercado's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/17/2017

I've placed Tour 18 before and have never disappointed. Yesterday was not up to par. The greens were horrible and the lack of a marshal made the pace of play ridiculous!

I brought a friend and was embarrassed.

"Don't waste your time and money!"

tbaethge's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/17/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Staff was friendly. Fairways and tee boxes were decent, but greens were HORRIBLE! I play golf courses all around the metroplex and these greens are by far the worst I have ever seen. The biggest waste of $90! I would tell those to go see for themselves how horrific these greens are but I would feel awful for those wasting their money! There are too many good courses in the area for half the money where the greens are in great shape. I recommend you take your money elsewhere and/or if you have a company outting or tournament scheduled there, cancel it and take it elsewhere.

"Fun and challenging course"

Travis2536973's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/15/2017

Great course, very challenging but the putting greens on almost every hole need work. Very choppy and not well taken care of.

"Course conditions disappointing!"

Doris2679708's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/08/2017

My husband and I played this course yesterday and were very disappointed with condition of course, particularly the greens. You would think that a course of this caliber would pay particular attention to course conditions. Our cart did not have divot sand in the container and would think carts would be re-filled following each round with both divot sand and ball cleaning water solution so players can assist in maintaining course conditions. We were so disappointed that we will not be returning to this course.

"No grass at all on the greens, just hard mud. Horrible"

MJNoel's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/08/2017

Yes, we are in dormant season, but I've played 12 rounds of golf in the past two months in Dallas at 3 other courses. Every muni course I've played at least had playable greens. There is no excuse other than dead grass for the horrible condition of these greens. I've been playing golf for 30 years and have never seen greens in worse condition than these. These greens were without question nothing but hard packed mud! Mud! No grass, just mud. Tee boxes were lush green grass already in March, yet the greens had nothing. I had an uphill put on 17 from about 15 feet, the ball stopped about one inch to the right of the hole, yet the ball started to roll back all the way off the green and into the water.

Great course layout, but playing in the offseason is not worth $20 much less $45-50.

"Like a parking lot"

Ochotex's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/08/2017

The layout of this course is great. The each hole should be a lot of fun. HOWEVER, the conditions make this course unplayable. Tee boxes are all in poor shape. I take that back, #17 had grass. The fairways are eaten up and don't seem to have been aerated for years. They are drought like hard -- you can't make a divot if you tried. The greens... are stupid. About 2/3 sand. Each pin is on a slope... there are very few decks to stop your ball. Fun to see these famous hole layouts in person but the conditions will ruin your memory. Skip it until they put some money into improving the conditions.

bruce9404000's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/04/2017

I called ahead to book a tee time. I heard good and bad things about the course. And when I spoke to the pro shop on Tuesday they told me the course was in great shap. It was my birthday so me and my son who flew in from California thought it would be cool to play tour 18 Dallas! Boy was I wrong! This course was in the WORST SHAPE of any course I have ever played in Texas or anywhere for that matter! We play a lot of golf around the state of Texas and surrounding states! And spend a lot of money to play the top courses in the aria! I will never go back!! Stay away!

Course Layout: Poor

aheinen's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/02/2017

"Terrible Greens"

Sean7512834's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/02/2017

Greens were petty much packed clay with zero grass. Quite honestly the condition and speed, they were unplayable. If they know the greens are that condition they should have better pin placements. Don't play here.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/01/2017

"Challenging layout with nostalgia on every hole"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/25/2017
Previously played Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

Great course worth playing at least once. The biggest watchout is winter/early spring - the greens are too fast. Puts come back to you so 3 & 4 putts are common which slows down play. Otherwise good shape and enjoyable round.

"Greens were terrible"

Erik1155253's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/24/2017

Greens were terrible. I should not charge full price on the greens are in such bad condition

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/18/2017

I was excited to play this course. i went online and found a price of $45 on their website. A few days later I went back to book it and that price was no longer available. So I called the pro shop to ask if they would give me that price. The person who answered the phone said I was mistaken. He said "I would not have put it on there at that price". I said "I took a screen shot and sent it to my friend". He then told me I might find it at that price online but not on their website. Since I really wanted to play the course I went to golf now to see what their price was. I found the hot deal for $49. So, I bought it. When we arrived the staff was friendly. We started on time. We had to wait often. We were waiting to hit our approach shots into the 18th green 5 hours and 15 minutes after we teed off. The first 15 Bermuda greens were extremely fast and extremely bumpy (weed infested), the last 3 rolled ok. I have played many better courses for less money. That being said, I experienced Tour 18.