Bridlewood Golf Club

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Location is in the 'burbs worth the drive convenient to the city   Great for locals advanced golfers a weekend splurge   Challenges include water hazards bunkers undulating greens   Great for drinks watching the game brunch

"Fine course, bad etiquette"

mschille's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/14/2017

Very disappointing. Maybe it is cultural, but I disagree wholeheartedly with their manner of sending off groups. We had a 2:00 tee time. In front of us were several groups of twosomes, with a single behind us and another twosome behind him. Several times there were three groups waiting on a tee for what ended up as a 4:10 hour round. Not bad overall but the rhythm and pace of play was awful. I asked the guy behind us to to join us three times, but he rejected the offer. The course should manage this problem.

"Must play in DFW"

bossman8033's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/21/2017

You have got to play this course. I got it for 25.00 hot deal on golfnow. I would easily pay double that to play this course. The greens are like table tops. The Marshall was on his job just had a group of slow and bad players in front of us. Drove an hour to get here and I will do it again.

"Nice course"

matthewrider's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/11/2017
First time playing Walked Perfect weather Verified Purchaser

Finished in right at 4 hours.

Greens fast and true.

A bargain. I'll play it again.

"Home Course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/06/2017

Love playing the course. It is in prime condition right now. Greens are rolling nice and weather is perfect. Like the new (lower) rates and the inclusion of lunch/beer!

"Turtle pace of play"

lavaicecube's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/22/2017

The course design is great, maintenance was good, and price was good. The problem that ruined the round was a 5+ hour round.

The starter/ranger made us wait 5-10 minutes to start. Then he told us to keep up pace, because its a 4 hour round--great! Problem was that delays started on the 3rd hole and rangers were nowhere to be found.

Finally about halfway through a ranger came around and I let him know about the slow play. His response: "yeah, it's Friday so it's going to be a while". I said, "what happened to the 4 hr round? Can you tell them to speed up". He claimed he did. One thing is for sure, pace of play is NOT enforced. 5+ hour round ruined the day. Nothing was done to spees up play.

"Value"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/22/2017

This is an amazing golf course. The course is always in great shape and plays so well. Now to point out the problems. Number 1) Called the pro shop to see if we could add two more people to our tee time. The pro shop attendant was rude and was talking to someone else in the pro shop telling them that I didn't like that I had to play with two other people and that wasn't even the case. 2) Tee time was supposed to be at 228, sat at the 1st Tee waiting for the othe two people that we are paired up with only to find out that they went out earlier. 3) No marshals on the course at all until they very end of the round. The pace of play was so slow and was told it was going to be a 4 hour round and was a 6 hour round. When the Marshal say well its slow all around and just enjoy the round. (YEAH RIGHT!). 4) Maybe it's small but not one ball washer on the hole course. Pretty nice course not to have the amenities of a municipal course.

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/07/2017

"Great Restaurant staff"

insurance1tx's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/05/2017

Got a special rate today but the course wasn't as difficult as I remember in years past. All the guys in the group agreed. Course was in good shape, greens were putting true, fairways were good, and rough was tough. The main reason for the review was the restaurant and the wonderful staff. The food was great but the staff was fantastic. I have never had such service in a golf restaurant. My congratulations!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/23/2017

"Best in DFW"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/26/2017

Has to be one of the best courses in DFW...great layout that is challenging but forgiving...great value

"Slow play"

bilehrlich's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/22/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

They don't know how to manage the pace of a golf course. It took 3 hours to get through 9 holes. Then they gave me a hard time and only wanted to give me a replay for the 9 hours after we quit and they tutored me for 3 hours!!!

"Stay Away"

Julio123123's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/07/2017

What a goat ranch! Greens were horrible, course looked like a 3rd rate muni. Way over priced for course. Greens were awful. At one time was really nice course. Upcoming management change might improve, but a lot of money needs to be put into it. I will not go back.

Pace of play was less than 4 hours because no one was there.

Response from Bridlewood Golf Club on 07/14/2017:

We appreciate your honest review. We are currently in a transition stage and have recently aerified the course. As the course heals from aerification we hope to see you again in the next few weeks.

"Problems at Bridlewood"

rscogbur's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/28/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

After playing a 2 hour and 5 minute front nine, the Marshall asked our group to pick up and move to the next hole. Reason was because of a State Amateur tournament that was behind us. In reality, they were 3 holes back and walking playing from the Tips.

Greens were bumpy, too.

Bye Bye Bridlewood for awhile.

Response from Bridlewood Golf Club on 07/10/2017:

We appreciate the review and apologize about any miscommunication on the course today. We will take a closer look at the situation and we appreciate you making us aware of it. Thanks for the review and we hope to see you again in the near future.

"Great layout, terrible greens"

leese99's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/31/2017

My friends and I drive 45 minutes every few months just to play Bridlewood. The next time we decide to make this investment of time we will call first to hear what the pro shop has to say about the greens. Today the greens were simply beaten up - looked like they would after a hail storm. Perhaps the golfers who play here do not care about fixing ball marks, but the course management should. Every putt was an adventure; watching the ball roll was like watching a drunk walk - never knew which way it would bounce next.

I hope this problem is addressed. Bridlewood is an upper tier public course but didn't show it today. We can play lots of other courses with MUCH better greens for MUCH lower greens fees

Response from Bridlewood Golf Club on 06/02/2017:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your patience as we are aware of the green conditions. The course is taking a longer transition than expected this year. Thank you for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

Mike2546652's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/30/2017

Response from Bridlewood Golf Club on 06/02/2017:

Thanks for the review, Please come back and see us again this weekend!

"Not what it used to be"

jcook1313's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Bridlewood used to be one of the premier daily fee courses around. It has lost some of its luster. Some fairways are burned out, greens are full of poa annua and fungus, and are very uneven. Course is still a good layout with good shot values. I hope they can fix the greens and return this course to its previous stature.

Response from Bridlewood Golf Club on 06/02/2017:

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your patience as our greens continue to transition into the hot summer months. We hope to see you again after the process is complete. Thanks MGT

"Slow play, long round."

Blaze2007's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/27/2017

More than somewhat disappointed playing for the first time. Pace of play way too slow due to fivesomes allowed to play on Sat. & no marshals to be found anywhere. Won't play again.

Response from Bridlewood Golf Club on 06/02/2017:

Thank you for the honest review, we appreciate you making us aware of the slow play and groups of fivesomes. We will take a closer look into the situation. Thanks

"Safety First"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/27/2017

Slow pace of play on a very hot and humid day (THI over 108) and no drinking water until 5th tee. More concerned with green fees than customers? Greens not very good

Response from Bridlewood Golf Club on 06/02/2017:

Thank you for the honest review. The course does have a grill room and water between each 9 for golfers convenience. We apologize for the misunderstanding but we hope that you will give us another try in the near future.

skotball73's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/22/2017

Response from Bridlewood Golf Club on 06/02/2017:

Thanks for the 5 star review. The greens are almost complete with its transition stage and should be in perfect condition in the following weeks. We appreciate the review and hope to see you again soon.

"Greens super hard and course not crisp"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/16/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Played from tips and a fairly challenging course. Not a great value for the condition of the course compared to many others I have played in the past 30 days. Maybe it will come around by June or July. I play three or more times a week all over the DFW area and this was disappointing for the money. Course condition overall was weak. Greens were the worst I have seen. Hard and rough. Although I have not played here for some time the course just is not in crisp condition like it used to be. Many large holes around cart paths and some large drop offs that make it hard to get back on the path. Much better courses for less money in the area. The do have a nice club house and the people were friendly. One guy said since the management changed course is not as well kept.

Commented on 05/22/2017

Hi "u000001397614" We appreciate your honest review. The course is currently transitioning into the hotter summer months. We appreciate your patience as the course should be back to normal come June and July. Thanks for the review and we hope to see you again in the near future.