Bridlewood Golf Club

Architect(s): D. A. Weibring
Type: Public
Greens: Cato-Crenshaw Bent Grass
Fairways: 419 Bermuda Grass

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Average Rating 4.0 stars from 5

Location is in the 'burbs worth the drive convenient to the city   Great for locals advanced golfers a weekend splurge   Challenges include water hazards bunkers undulating greens   Great for drinks watching the game brunch

skotball73's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/22/2017

"Greens super hard and course not crisp"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/16/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Played from tips and a fairly challenging course. Not a great value for the condition of the course compared to many others I have played in the past 30 days. Maybe it will come around by June or July. I play three or more times a week all over the DFW area and this was disappointing for the money. Course condition overall was weak. Greens were the worst I have seen. Hard and rough. Although I have not played here for some time the course just is not in crisp condition like it used to be. Many large holes around cart paths and some large drop offs that make it hard to get back on the path. Much better courses for less money in the area. The do have a nice club house and the people were friendly. One guy said since the management changed course is not as well kept.

Commented on 05/22/2017

Hi "u000001397614" We appreciate your honest review. The course is currently transitioning into the hotter summer months. We appreciate your patience as the course should be back to normal come June and July. Thanks for the review and we hope to see you again in the near future.

"Disappointing condition"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/05/2017

Our first time to play here and were excited. But not for long. The course was ok, but generally hard as a rock. Needed a hammer to get the tee in the ground. The greens were like hitting onto a basketball court. A well struck 9 to the middle of the green goes off the back. Putting is like going to Putt-Putt, as the ball unfairly rolls away.

Very disappointing for such a beautiful layout.

Commented on 05/11/2017

Hi "u000002513902" We appreciate your honest review and enjoyed having you out to the course. We are unfortunately still transitioning into the summer season. As the course undergoes some maintenance we appreciate your patience. Thank you for the review and we hope to see you again in the near future.

"Too PRICEY!!!"

baileyde's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/05/2017

I've played better courses for less $$, dry fairways painted greens. I did like the layout it was fair, but was still a good challenge!! 3☆☆☆ is being generous for the conditions!!!

Commented on 05/11/2017

Hi "baileyde" We appreciate your honest review and enjoyed having you out on the course. The course is still transitioning into the hotter summer months and we appreciate your patience as we are undergoing this transition. Thank you for the review and we hope to see you again next year.

"Mismanagement of their booking"

Plays:  Once every three months

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/02/2017

When I arrived there, they told me that they were overbooked and that they couldn't honor the booking I made on golfnow.com. When I asked if I could wait around for the next slot, the guy told me that they were so overbooked that they were backed up. The best they told me was to give me a raincheck that's good only for 30 days. Not much good for someone who's here for few days. There was no apologies or any suggestion of any kind of reimbursement. Later I had to call golfnow.com to ask about a refund, and when they called to verify that I didn't play, the golf course said that I had already checked in. If I had checked in and was playing, then why am I at home calling golfnow.com to ask for reimbursement ?!! Golfnow.com asked if I could call them and clarify the situation so that they could reimburse me. Really, after a terrible experience, I wish that golfnow.com would just take care of the situation. Just wanted a nice afternoon relaxing and playing golf for once in a long time. I really feel that the management at the golf course should be held responsible for overbooking and not honoring the booking I made through golfnow.com.

Course Layout: Poor

Commented on 05/11/2017

Hi "u343107098" We appreciate your review and want to apologize for the overbooking today at the course. We reached out to golfnow about the situation and they confirmed that they refunded your cc in full on 5/2. Credit card refunds can take up to 5 days, this refund should now be back on your credit card. We hope that you will edit your review as this situation has already handled.

Greg9666148's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/02/2017

Commented on 05/03/2017

Hi "Greg9666148" Thanks for the 5 star review! Please come back and see us again soon.

"This course has gone downhill"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2017

Bridlewood has always been one of my favorite courses in the metroplex. I have played many rounds out there and played in a couple of their tournaments. However, yesterday was a huge disappointment.

My father and I decided to play a late afternoon round because the weather was so nice. We narrowed it down to a couple of different courses but eventually decided on Bridlewood because it's usually in such great shape. The rate was a little cheaper, but there was no alert on GolfNow about any poor conditions (aerifacation alert, sand alert, etc...) so we went ahead and decided to drive a little further to play one of our favorite courses.

What a disappointing afternoon of golf. The weather was perfect, but the condition of the course was extremely poor. I play 2-4 times a week all over the metroplex and Bridlewood was in the worst shape of any course I've played this spring. The greens were sanded and one green even had a chunk of grass missing, the fairways looked like they hadn't been watered in months and even some of the tee boxes had dead patches. Extremely disappointing, as it was in better shape in early March during the tournament we played out there. All of the cheap munis that you can play for $15 are in better condition than Bridlewood right now.

At the turn, we paired up with two guys who are memebers of the MGA, and they informed us that the Superintendent quit in the winter and everything has been going downhill since. Needless to say, we were extremely disappointed with the condition of the course, especially because it's usually really nice.

This is the first review I've left, because most times I feel like you get what you expect going in to a round, and golf is golf (for the most part). This is the first time I've been extremely disappointed in a round I've played. My suggestion is to play elsewhere until the course is back in better shape. Hopefully they start taking care of it again because when it's in good shape, it's one of the most fun courses in the area.

-MP

Commented on 05/03/2017

Hi "u000006673324" We appreciate your honest review. The course is currently going through its transition stage from Spring to summer so we appreciate your patience as the course undergoes some of these changes. We appreciate the feedback and hope to see you again in the near future.

"Not in good shape"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2017

That's the net of it. Bridlewood greens are. It in good shape, nothing is growing, really acrappy around carts paths, and generally not plush. Let's hope it is the time is season but I have played on other courses for less money which are great in better shape. Grapevine for example. Looking forward to updating my review and n a month or so.

Commented on 05/03/2017

Hi "u000003286627 " Thanks for the feedback and we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. The course is taking on a slower transition than last year and we appreciate your patience. We would love to have you back in a few weeks, please come back and leave us another review!

glflvr319's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/29/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

Commented on 05/17/2017

Hi "glflvr319" We apologize about your recent experience at the course today. We would love to know what we could do better so that we can change your 2 star review. Please come back and see us again soon.

"Not what it used to be."

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/24/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

Played the course many times in the last four years, always enjoyed it. Even though there are number of courses closer to me, my nephew and I drive up to Bridlewood to play as we have always had a good time there.

So Monday I take a buddy of mine who is new to golf to Bridlewood for the first time. To this point he has only played two times and both at a nearby course I would rate as slightly better than a goat track Muni. So he was excited for his first experience at decent course, and I was looking forward to playing it for the first time this year.

Had a late afternoon tee time, hits some balls on the range briefly and head over to the tee at assigned time, only to learn that we are running four groups behind (no biggie, that happens in golf, just concerned about finishing in the daylight) course has a starter but no Marshall to be seen on the course to maintain pace.

Cart Girl no where to be seen as we play the front nine, inconvenient but not the end of the world, Ill just run in at the turn and grab something. by the time we reach eight the course starts backing up and we are letting singles go though and hydration is becoming an issue. Finish nine and haul as fast as possible to the clubhouse so we can get a beverage without losing our spot on the tee...run into the bar to find not one staff member anywhere. Quickly go to the pro shop and inquire as to the cart girl, to which the girl in pro shop says "she might have left" I ask "where can we get a drink?"

She says "try the bar", I say "we did, there is no one in there" to which she replied "I can assure you we have a bartender" my buddy and I looked at each other (We both work in professions where customer service is the priority ) in shock... the one staff member we could find has no idea what going on and could care less about finding solutions for the client. To be clear, I'm not some old school, country club golfer that expects Bridlewood to be Pebble beach level (in terms of service), However I do expect "some" level of service. Sadly this is becoming the trend, where its an inconvenience when they have to look up from their phone to answer your question.

The course itself is great, well balanced and can play very different depending on tee choice, and a handful of holes that are open to the wind. Course was in the kind of shape you would expect for this time of year, bunkers could use more sand as lining is exposed in some.

Not sure if there has been a change in management, or what, But I hope they get it figured out as its a fun track to play. But when I play the frustration should come from my game, not from my experience.

Commented on 04/27/2017

Hi "u000001067003" We appreciate your honest feedback regarding your recent round with us. We apologize about the back up on the first tee as the course has been extremely busy this peak season. We also apologize for the lack of customer service you may have received at the grill room and in the golf shop. We appreciate your honest feedback and we will take a closer look to see what may have happened on this particular day. We would love to make it up to you with a promo code If you could please email me directly at kdillen@bridlewoodgolf.com we would love to make it up to you. Thanks MGT

"Beautiful as always"

barrera12's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/24/2017

Course was in great shape as usual, friendly staff and the greens rolled pure and were a little fast.

Commented on 04/27/2017

Hi "barrera12 " Thanks for the excellent review. We really appreciate the great feedback regarding the course and our excellent staff! Please come back and visit us again soon.

"Flower Mound"

lassiterphotos's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2017

Nice course good value through the week, $85.00 weekend rate is to high for this course.

Commented on 05/17/2017

Hi "lassiterphotos" We appreciate your honest response. We will take a closer looking into our pricing strategy, we appreciate the feedback. Thank you.

"Well worth the money"

prelude43's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Starter got us out ahead of schedule. Pace of play was good. Overall it's a very nice layout and challenging. The greens were good, very puttable. Some of the bunkers are very hard sand. Not meant as criticism, but it sure looks like the green areas are spray painted. We never saw the beverage cart even though they said it was on the course. I would play again for sure.

Commented on 04/24/2017

Hi "prelude43" We appreciate your honest review. The course is currently going through its transition stage from Spring to summer so we appreciate your patience as the course undergoes some of these changes. We appreciate the feedback and hope to see you again in the near future.

"Bridlewood"

Mhanselman's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/11/2017

Loved the course layout and condition. Unfortunately there was a HS girls tournament in front of us and because of that, it took 3.5 hours to play the back 9. Pure agony.

Commented on 04/20/2017

Hi "Mhanselman" Thanks for the review. We do apologize about the recent golf tournament in front of you. Our staff did our best to hurry things along, but unfortunately the back nine took longer than expected. We hope that this will not keep you from coming back and seeing us again next year.

"Needs a marshal"

Mike1919359's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/07/2017

The course was in great shape and very challenging. Only spoiler was the group ahead was slow and they lagged way behind the group ahead of them. We asked to play thru and they refused. A marshal could have easily turned this around. It took 4 hours and 40 minutes to complete... could have been better! I would think for the caliber of course and the amenities they have, a marshal would be a given.

Commented on 04/11/2017

Hi "Mike1919359" Thank you for the 5 star review. We apologize about the group in front of you and the pace of play. We will definitely take a closer look into this situation to see if we can come up with a solution.

Thad8918777's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/07/2017

Commented on 04/11/2017

Hi "Thad8918777" Thank you for the 4 star review. We really appreciate the great review and hope to see you again in the near future.

"Nice Course, bunkers need help"

Buznlo's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/30/2017
Previously played Walked

Played Bridlewood on 3/30/17.Found course to be in very good shape considering how early in the season we are and the fact severe wx rolled thru a few days before. Greens are moderatley fast which i like. Greens aren't holding approach shots too well but that should change soon. Bunkers really need some work and is my only disappointment with course and in really bad shape. Nice range and practice facility

Commented on 04/05/2017

Hi "Buznlo" Thanks for the great review. We appreciate you taking the time to review our course and we hope you enjoyed your round today. Thanks again for coming out and playing.

"Ok course at a cheap Golf Now price"

TerryMacewan's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/26/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Nothing special. Good layout with a few challenging holes. Groups in front very slow and didnt see a Marshall the entire time we played.

Would play again (never though at full price) but not until I tried some of the other courses in the area

Commented on 04/05/2017

Hi "TerryMacewan" We appreciate your honest review. The start of the season can be very busy so we apologize for any slow play. W appreciate you coming out and hope to see you again soon.

Plays:  Once every three months

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/21/2017

Commented on 03/23/2017

Hi "u000006533152" Thanks for the excellent review, we really appreciate it!

Dennis1758384's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/21/2017

Commented on 03/23/2017

Hi "Dennis1758384" Thanks for the 4 star review! We hope you enjoyed your day with us, Please come back and see us again soon so that we can change your 4 star review into 5 stars!