Whiskey Creek Golf Club

Carts: Yes - included in green fee
GPS: Yes

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs   Great for advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views a weekend splurge   Challenges include elevation changes undulating greens bunkers   Great for drinks 19th hole scenic views patio dining

"Amazing views!"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/29/2017

I got a great rate to play this course with a friend so we decided to finally try it. The course conditions were great! The sand bunkers had ocean beach type sand were always raked. I’ve played 86 courses in my life and can count on 1 hand bunkers that were as good as Whiskey Creek. The course is tough if your approach shot is not good though. Greens were fast and sloped so you need to be on the correct side when putting. Last hole my second shot went through the gap between the tree and stone structure but still managed a par with a shot on after and 2 putt.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/28/2017

"Beauty"

birdiemon's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/21/2017

Beautiful course with varied and challenging holes. 18 is a classic. Caught it right after aeration so conditions weren't perfect but still a great round

"Best track around!"

u000001342035's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/01/2017

The best accessible golf course in the Greater Washington market. 18 gorgeous holes, each one strikingly different, in a terrific setting with multiple elevations. We played on 11/1 and still found the course in amazing shape. Fast greens, manicured fairways, beautiful vista's. Always the highlight of my golf season when I get to play Whiskey Creek!

"Scenic views. Must play"

Michael5803433's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/24/2017

Excellent condition. Friendly staff. Scenic views. A must play.

"great course"

SAReturned's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/21/2017

Great Courae with beautiful views. each hole has a character with risk reward choices. Greens are fast and true. higjly recommended !

u000001920276's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/10/2017

"So SLOW!!!"

Filthy20's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/22/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

Amazing course, I am so glad I got the chance to play it - but WOW that was one of the slowest rounds of my life. We teed off at 2:06pm on a Friday and finished in almost complete darkness around 7:15pm. I loved the course, the layout, the conditions, the friendly bar/restaurant staff, and the food we had before the round for lunch was great!

The group ahead of us was an embarrassment to golf. Did not rake their bunkers, hit upwards of 15 shots each down the fairway, topping and slicing and missing the ball. The greens were heavily pegged with unfixed pitch marks. The staff came out and gave us the opportunity to leave the back 9 around hole 14 to go play the front 9 again, but since this was my first time playing here I wanted to finish the course out. Next time if it's slow I'll play the front twice. I hope I get another chance to play here.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/17/2017

"Disappointed with the 5 hour round"

Charles1986833's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/04/2017

We were expecting much more since we had heard such great things. Honestly, there is no excuse for a 5 hour round. We saw the marshal only once, and we were already on the 17th tee box. That pretty much ruined the day. The single playing with us quit on hole 13 since that was his allotted time for golf and had to get back to the family. The course was very nice, but not worth the price or the terrible pace-of-play.

"Amazing"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/16/2017

Most importantly the staff was amazing. The starter Ray was probably the best starter I've ever met. So friendly. Nice. Informative of the course. And very accommodating.

As far as the course. Very challenging. Greens roll fast and true. Fairways were in great shape. Rough was tough but playable. Each hole had its own personality and difficulty. Def one of my favorite courses to play in Maryland.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/06/2017

"From Kansas City to watch baseball game."

Jimoehm's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/30/2017

My son and I came into town to watch our Royals play the O's. Checked reviews and felt Whiskey Creek was worth the drive to play. We were NOT disappointed. GolfNow tee time was worth the price. Free range balls and a chipping and putting greens were a bonus. GPS on carts was helpful even though it was cart path only. This course has a beautiful layout. Numerous elevation changes and views of hills in the distance. It was helpful to play with 2 local guys that knew the course. Marshalls kept teams moving and were friendly. Some tee boxes had a lot of divots. The fairways also were showing a lot of divots but this was probably due to the recent 5 inches of rain over 2 days. We have played in Mexico, Florida, Missouri etc and feel this is one of the top 10 courses for overall enjoyment. The views were just awesome. I would love to play here in the Fall when leaves are changing. Highlight of the day was playing hole 18. We had late tee off so we were pushing it to have enough light to play hole 18. Son and I were playing scramble and I sank birdie putt with just enough light to literally see the hole from 12 feet. We will be back.

"GREAT OUTING"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2017

Day two of a three day trip playing 4 courses in the area. All of us ranked this as our favorite and we played really nice courses.

"Great course and great on course pace management!"

rcpeal01's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/04/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

An early holiday am round of golf as a foursome and we tee off on time. 4-5 holes in and we're waiting 2-3 minutes to tee off and the pace slows down to about a 5 1/2 hr round.

Marshall stops by a couple of times to tell us he's monitoring the situation then by the 7th hole, it opens up and we're moving along without a group in front of us. Marshall stops by and tells us after several warnings, he asked the group to skip 2 holes! We finished in just under 4 1/2 hours thanks to the Marshall doing his job. I was amazed and impressed and put Whiskey Creek at the top of the list for managing pace. Having played a dozen times over the past year, this is one of the only courses that proactively manages pace.

As always, their course conditions are among the best and the layout is challenging but fair.

"Beautiful"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/29/2017

Beautiful course, very expensive without a Hot Deal. So I wait and snag those up when I can. Challenging but not all that tough if you stay in the fairway. Feels like your out in the mountains despite only being a few minutes from Urbana and the homes on the course are not a bother. Play it, you won't regret it.

"Crazy Pin Placements!"

jefenoche's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/28/2017

Course was in great shape....but come on guys? Are you trying to ensure 6 hour rounds and embarrass players? I only played 10-16 because I was beyond frustrated with the impossible pins and pace of play. Here is the breakdown of pin placements:

#10 : middle far left, on a slope so severe that 2 of us putted UP to the hole and the ball backed up 2 feet. Imagine how it would be from above the pin

#11: Top tier...all the way back...need I say more?

#12 : Top tier...far right...no chance to hit an approach shop close....and if you miss right...no chance to get it close

#13: middle far right....right in the middle of a slope....no chance to get an approach shot close ...and if you miss right..no chance to get it close

#14: front middle....right in the middle of a slope....I hit a birdie putt about 2 inches from above the hole....par putt was from 5 feet

#15: front left....on a slope so severe that if you are in the middle of the green, you would have to be a magician to get it to the hole and keep in on the green...I hit a 4 hybrid from the black tees in the middle of the green and had about 0 chance of making a par

#16: front left....crazy slope again...landed a wedge just past the pin....off the green it goes

I am a good player and enjoy a challenge. I play here because this is a challenging course. I am however NOT preparing for the US Open. This was just insane and the wind was not even blowing. If the wind had blew I doubt a ball would have even stayed put around some of these holes, if you placed it.

"Outstanding!"

Jeffrey4945412's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/31/2017

Love this course! Can't recommend it enough. Well managed, challenging, pristine.

"Good, as always"

singhra's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/20/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

We played as a foursome, teed off at ~4:20pm on a Saturday, and finished in ~4 hours. Not a lot of traffic, so we got around pretty well. Breezy day, some holes exposed to the wind, quite a few holes are protected by trees.

Course in good condition. Rough was mowed to a good height to be penal, but did not make it difficult to find balls.

Several uphill holes present challenges.

"Worth the price!"

Shannon8757700's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/17/2017

Excellent day of golf! Staff was courteous and friendly, welcomed us and that led us for coming to play. Met in the parking lot as we parked with a cart for us and our clubs. Tee boxes were in great shape and had multiple boxes for your type of play. Course is well marked, didn't get lost, cart paths in great shape. Fairways were generous, allowing for a stray tee shot or two. Fairways in great shape, most divots in fairways were repaired by previous golfers. Greens were fast and in great shape, again very few divots marks, the course is respected. White sand in the bunkers, alot of bunkers. Different types of terrain made it beautiful and interesting. Cart GPS was accurate and helpful. Drink cart came by 4 times during round. Had lunch after round and the food and service was great. They even have home brewed whiskey. I highly recommend.