Pecan at Walnut Creek Country Club

GPS: Yes

Practice bunker: Yes

Short Course 71 3619 yards 0.0 0

"DO NOT EAT AT THIS GOLF COURSE!!!!!!!!!!!"

Ronwar20's avatar
Age:  Under 25
Plays:  Once a year

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/01/2017

DO NOT EAT AT THE WALNUT CREEK !!!!!!!!!!!! >>GO TO YELP FOR PICS<<<

I worked there for a few days before I realized that this was like an episode of Kitchen Nightmares. Mold all over food products in the refrigerators. Leftovers are being cooled right next to raw products. THERE HAS BEEN SEVERAL REVIEWS OF FOOD POISONING and it isn't a lie. The cooks has absolutely 0 care when it comes to the quality of your food. The pictures are what I could get away with without the head "chef" seeing. DO NOT ORDER REFRIED BEANS at night. They literally sitting there all day from early in the morning and there is flies and bugs all over that kitchen in the afternoon. Cooked or raw meat will sit on a cart for hours in the middle of the kitchen collecting bacteria just to get reheated in a microwave and served to you. All in all THE GOLF COURSE AND BAR ARE TOP QUALITY. DO NOT EAT HERE!!!!! I only say this out of my love for food service and hate to see someone pay so much for absolutely 0 effort and a meal that could possibly send you to the hospital.

Course Layout: Poor

"HORRIBLE Country Club"

ccplayer12's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/15/2017

I have been a member of Walnut Creek for over 5 years now, and have enjoyed the course maybe a quarter of the time. The course is good for maybe a week after 4-5 weeks of punched and sanded greens and everyone gets excited to play on decent greens and we come in the morning only to find there is a tournament scheduled everyday on either course for the next week. Over the last 4 weeks, I have been up there every single day and 3/4 of the time I try to go out and play, there is a tournament!! It is ridiculous! They don't check tee times EVER so there is always a trillion people on the golf course and now that membership costs are so low, you have a great chance of getting stuck behind a person who hasn't played the game of golf before in athletic shorts and a tshirt who doesn't know a thing of golf etiquette. I often compete in tournaments and find it hard to compete when I get close to the greens, especially with wedges because at walnut creek, if there is a back pin from 100 yards, you have to land it on the front of the green in order to get it anywhere near the hole. The course is like concrete from fairway to green. I dread going to practice every day because there is always something new destroyed or being "fixed". Put all the money you are making into the golf course and fix this club until it turns into a public course. It is ridiculous. I CANNOT wait to leave this course and would've left long ago if there was a course besides Mansfield National anywhere near me. The constant change of management needs to stop and you need to understand that there is not a member that is happy with the club right now. It is prime time golf season and both of your courses look like wastelands, including the driving range and putting green. This place is a joke, I wouldn't recommend it to a soul.

Jberryhill's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/20/2017

"potential and problems"

leese99's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/28/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Our foursome played as guests on a promotion. When I questioned the difference between what the certificate said and what I was charged the Director of Golf promptly told me I didn't have to play there. What a lovely welcome to a group of guests!!!<br/> The course was in really nice shape except for the bunkers. They appear to have not been raked since it stopped raining 4 days ago. For a CC that isn't acceptable; were I a member hosting a guest I would be very embarrassed.

"Private Course but you can find deals online to play"

aluppy's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/03/2014
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

This is one of the better courses that I have played in the DFW area. We played the Pecan course (two 18 hole courses, Pecan and Oaks) and the fairways were nice and full and the rough was actually cut rough. The greens had just been sanded when I played but I imagine on a normal day that they roll pretty good. Overall the course was great and I would recommend that anyone play here if they get the opportunity. The guy that checked me in at the pro shop wasn't very friendly but I was able to overlook that. After we got done playing we ate lunch at the restaurant, I ordered the cheeseburger and it was very good.