Oak Hollow Golf Course

Architect(s): Maury Miller
Type: Public

Practice bunker: Yes
Indoor practice facilities: Yes

Dress code: Appropriate golf attire.

Average Rating 3.6 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city in the 'burbs worth the drive   Great for locals beginners seniors   Challenges include water hazards forced carries narrow fairways   Great for drinks patio dining

"Greens succumbed over the past winter"

MJNoel's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/20/2017

What was once a course with some of the best greens anywhere has now become unplayable. Something happened to these greens over the winter because just a few months ago they were not too bad. Now every one of them seems to have been attacked by some sort of fungus or really bad grass killing bug. These greens are pretty much unplayable now.

The photo attached is one of the greens that is in good condition.

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 05/23/2017:

Hi Michael, we're sorry course conditions were not up to par. We appreciate your feedback and we are working on making improvements. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course, we hope you give us another shot in the future.

"Course conditions"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/12/2017

Greens were the worst I have ever seen. Spray painted, mess. Large hosese laying on several holes, and most cups were failing over. Ok for under 30 but not worth a dollar more

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 05/17/2017:

Hello, we apologize you did not fully enjoy your round. We appreciate your feedback and we are working on improving our course conditions. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course, we hope you give us another chance in the future.

"The Hollow"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/12/2017

Nice course, a challenging layout, friendly staff.

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 05/17/2017:

Hello Luis, we're happy you enjoyed our challenging layout and friendly staff. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course!

"Times and Seasons"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/08/2017

Be warned playing ANY public courses around this time of year (late spring) as fairways and greens tend to be in less-than-ideal conditions. (dry, brown, fast -> greens especially) We lost a few balls that wouldn't have been lost at other courses due to this. Course can be challenging to navigate, so make sure you cross-check your scorecard with the hole marker so you don't play the wrong hole. Other than that, pretty smooth play! Excited to play it when the grounds are in better shape.

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 05/15/2017:

Hi Michael, we're sorry course conditions were not up to par. We appreciate your feedback and are working on making improvements. We're happy you enjoyed a quick pace of play and plan to return to play. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course!

"thrid time"

JLONGFELLOW's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2017
Previously played Used cart Verified Purchaser

This was the 3rd time i have played there and wonder why the pace of play is always so slow waited at every tee box, the fairways were ok but the greens need help bad kind of looks like they were painted wont hold a shot and very bumpy running a lawn mower over the tees could also help, but at least this time they did not run out of hot dogs or hamburgers like last time at 1.30 in the afternoon. it is a fun course to play but i could live without having to deal with that hole 8 where did they come up with that one

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 05/10/2017:

Hello John, we apologize you did not fully enjoy your round. We appreciate your feedback and we are working on making improvements. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course.

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2017

Played there with 13 year son on Sunday afternoon because all other couses were sold out.

The weather was perfect, expected the slow play, but it was beyond slow course.

The condition of green was horrible. Too many bold spot. Worse than tee box of some other courses in Plano.

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 05/09/2017:

Hi Sokjoo, we apologize you did not fully enjoy your round. We are working on improving course conditions. We hope you give us another shot in the future. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course!

"Where are the greens?"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/27/2017

Don't know what happened to the greens, but they are in terrible shape. They have been this way for at least a month now. They do not hold a shot into the green and then putting is at times like working through a maze to get to the hole. Only worth the $12-$15 on GolfNow, but the normal rate in the mid to upper $20's depending on the time and day of the week.

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 05/01/2017:

Hi Kenneth, we're sorry you did not fully enjoy your round. We are working on improving the condition of our greens and we appreciate your feedback. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course!

"Horrible!"

Summer2's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2017

Course looks like a pasture, fairways are horrible greens even worse. Some mowing and weed killer would be a big plus. Folks don't waste your money . Pace was so slow because everyone was looking for their balls in the weed infested fairways.

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 04/25/2017:

Hello Scott, we're sorry course conditions and pace of play was not up to par. We're happy you enjoyed our course layout and hope you give us another chance in the future. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course!

"Needs Work"

ncwell2111's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/15/2017

Greens in bad shape as well as most of the fairways. With the course in this condition now, I can only think it'll get worse as the summer gets closer. We'll skip it the rest of this year and maybe try it again next spring.

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 04/21/2017:

Hi Nolan, we appreciate your feedback and we are working on improving the conditions of our greens. We hope you give us another shot, thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course!

"Greens in really bad shape. They should us to play there!"

Darrell9241275's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/14/2017

The pace of play was horrible. The greens were pretty much unplayable. I didn't see a marshal at all. The cart cut across the fairways and served people in the middle of a fairway and slowed play for everyone behind them. I won't be going back. A friend suggested we play because it was cheap. I rather pay more money for a better over experience.

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 04/21/2017:

Hello Darrell, we apologize pace of play was not up to par when you played at our course. We hope you give us another shot in the future.

"Good course, horrible greens."

nlmoody13's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/08/2017

I like the value of the course and most everything is great except the greens. They were in horrible shape. Very sandy and no grass in a lot of sections. Some of the worst greens I've ever played on.

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 04/11/2017:

Hi Nathan, we apologize for the poor shape of our greens, and we will escalate your feedback to the necessary department. We're happy you enjoyed our layout. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course!

"Greens are very bad"

spolk41's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/07/2017

I play Oak Hollow a lot and really like the course and staff. They recently cut the greens too low and they have little to no grass. Not sure how long it will be before they grow back.

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 04/10/2017:

Hello Stan, we apologize for our poor course conditions and we will escalate your feedback to make improvements. We're happy you're a frequent golfer at Oak Hollow Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon.

Plays:  Once every three months

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/05/2017

Challenging course. The grass was aweful.

Lots of dirt and the greens were bare

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 04/07/2017:

Hi Sochoung, we're sorry for the poor course conditions and we will escalate your feedback to make the necessary improvements. We're happy to see you enjoyed our challenging layout and a good pace of play. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course!

"Disappointed"

Dennis3209197's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/25/2017

Maybe it's because I used to live in Florida; but I hated these greens. They were partially dead; short cut; painted type of greens. SMDH. The conditions left little control putting. Some tee boxes need repair. I would suggest they upgrade there flag markers; some looking shady. On the upside; it's a nicely laid out course. Some good challenges. Good average practice course. This was my first visit. I played a hot deal price; which made it reasonably priced. Was it worth my hour drive to the course; maybe. Hope with the warmer weather approaching the course improves.

Course Response on 03/29/2017:

Hi Dennis, we are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience. While we are still making up from this winter, our course will always be a different experience than those in Florida. With the warm spring weather, we will see much better conditions, and we hope that you will consider visiting us again.

"GEM IN NORTH TEXAS"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/25/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

I had to find a spot out of my normal places i play,do yo being in th far north dallas aera i tried oak hollow

I was very glad to play here and i will be back it was in good shape for march andfun tp play with great staff

for the price it is well worth the hour drive to get to

john

Course Response on 03/29/2017:

Thank you for your review John! We're glad you got to play here, too, and look forward to your next trip to Oak Hollow Golf Course!

"Stacked up"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/25/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Will not return to this course. Course was over booked. I notified the martial of the extremely slow play - backed up 4 holes. He did nothing. Then upon turning to the back nine, they put 2 golfers on ahead of us. So all 4 of us quit. Front desk was notified. Poor management.

Course Response on 03/29/2017:

We apologize that the pace of play was not up to par during your visit to the course. We ensure that this is not a typical playing experience, and hope you will reconsider coming to give us another try.

"Fun level of Challenge"

aaronshields's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/24/2017

I really enjoy this course because it is moderately challenging and somewhat forgiving. I get bored with courses where every par 4/5 you pull up to the tee box, automatically grab the Driver and just blast off. I like a course that makes you strategize a little bit, and this is one of them - for a great value too. I used just about every club in my bag, and that makes for fun golf.

When you do have a mishit, it's not so heavily wooded or brushy that you can't find your ball. In fact, you're likely still in a position to recover on your next shot fairly well.

Good luck on #8; no shame in playing the other fairway, haha!

I played in late March and the course had already greened up beautifully. Just a couple of isolated bare spots on maybe 2 green perimeters, but it's early spring, they'll fill in quick.

Did I mention it's a great value? I'll be back soon!

Course Response on 03/29/2017:

Thank you for your outstanding, FIVE STAR review, Aaron! We appreciate all of your kind words about Oak Hollow Golf Course, and look forward to having you out for many rounds this year!

"Perfect day for golf"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/21/2017

Greens were fast and fairways are hard. Get lots of roll.

Course Response on 03/29/2017:

Thank you for your review and recommendation of Oak Hollow Golf Course!

"Good time!!"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/18/2017
Previously played Used cart

Had a great time! Trying to find a course that has challenges as well as mediocre obstacles! Greens in great shape, but early for good full growth to mature. Greens putted like linoleum floor with no texture or character. Later on in spring they will putt better. Still enjoyed myself immensely and will continue play with no second-thoughts.

Course Response on 03/29/2017:

Thank you for your review! We're glad you all had a good time at Oak Hollow Golf Course, and look forward to your next visit!

"Worth Playing"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/24/2017

Your first impression may be to think that this is an old course that has seen its better days. I love playing this course. There are 3 or 4 holes on the back 9 nine that always get the best of me. Especially a short par 4 that has gotten the best of me every time I play it. For the price it is well worth playing. It has been windy each time I have played it. It is a course that has become one of my favorites.

Course Response on 02/28/2017:

We're glad you consider us one of our favorites and appreciate your recommendation! Thank you for your review!