Oak Hollow Golf Course

Practice bunker: Yes
Indoor practice facilities: Yes

Dress code: Appropriate golf attire.

Average Rating 3.5 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city in the 'burbs worth the drive   Great for locals beginners seniors   Challenges include water hazards forced carries narrow fairways   Great for drinks patio dining

"Good value"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/12/2017

Nice course for the money. I normally play there once or twice a month. Greens have been problematic in the past but are now in acceptable condition. Friendly staff. Usually a good pace of play. For a municipal course in the McKinney area I would recommend this. For those who have not played this course - beware of #8; it is their signature hole and quite challenging.

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 07/18/2017:

Hi Ted, we're happy you enjoyed our friendly staff, a good pace of play, and challenging hole #8. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

"Good but could be better"

jklipsich's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2017
Previously played Walked Windy weather

A good golf course that could be better. Layout creates frequent risk/reward challenges. One of the few walkable courses in the area. Average round is 4 hours or less. Greens are generally well maintained. Most needed areas of improvement:: Fairways need more water and worm eradication. The result is that the course looks and plays best, and longest, a couple of days after a heavy rain. 8th hole is impossible unless you can hit an iron 200 yards and stop it with 20 yards of where it lands. For shorter hitters, the forward tee needs to be repaired or built. With those two changes it would be an excellent course.

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 07/17/2017:

Hello Jerome, we're happy you enjoyed our challenging layout and a quick pace of play. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course!

"Oak Hollow"

pstorer45's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/02/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

I like the topography at Oak hollow and the congenial staff. The last time I played, abou 3 weeks ag, the greens were a mess but hopefully under repair. Normally the course is well groomed and affordably priced.

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 07/18/2017:

Hi Phil, we're sorry our course conditions were not up to par, we are working on making improvements. We're happy you enjoyed the topography of our course and our congenial staff. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course!

"First and last round"

boakyy's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/24/2017

This is not a golf course, the layout is so bad. From the back tee you don't even know what your fairway. Green in worst condition in the area. Definitely not worth the money. Can't even compare to courses like Firewheel.

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 06/28/2017:

Hi Olli, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Oak Hollow. We regret to hear that we missed the mark on the course conditions. Your thoughts will be noted so that we are able to make improvements. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the staff and pace of play, however. We appreciate your business and hope you give us a chance to earn it again.

"Pretty good muni"

John9155637's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/16/2017
Previously played Used cart

I play here several times a year. The course is walkable. Easy from the whites (6,000 yds) and tough from the blues (almost 6700) par 70. 8th hole is one of the nastiest in the metroplex. Greens usually roll pretty well, fairly open though a lot of trees scattered along the sides. Almost no bunkers (maybe 5?), Several water hazards. Often you can play here in well under four hours, sometimes less than three!! (weekday afternoons). Nice clubhouse, friendly staff, pretty good price. If you play a lot, this is a nice ego builder from the whites and will challenge you from the blues.

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 07/17/2017:

Hi John, we're happy you always enjoy a quick pace of play and that you play at Oak Hollow Golf Course several times a year. Thank you for playing, we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

"Rained out"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/05/2017

Greens are not in the best of conditions. Course layout is difficult if it's your first time out. GOOD PRICE, GOOD SERVICES AND FRIENDLY STAFF.

My round was rained out after the first three holes.

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 06/07/2017:

Hi James, we apologize you didn't fully enjoy your round and we appreciate your feedback. We hope you give us another chance in the future, thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course.

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/02/2017

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 06/05/2017:

Hello Conner, we're sorry course conditions were not up to standard. We're happy you enjoyed our friendly staff and a quick pace of play. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course!

"Condition of Greens"

uGIDI3193GI's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2017

The course was in good condition with one exception - the greens were AWFUL. They are old style bermuda and had patchy spots everywhere - had green paint to cover bare spots and had not been mowed.

I have played here several times in the last few years and the greens were OK - something has gone wrong recently.

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 06/05/2017:

Hi Norman, we're sorry course conditions were not up to par. We appreciate your feedback and we are working on improving our conditions. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course, we hope you give us another chance in the future.

"Greens need help"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2017

Over all the course is good. The greens need some serious help they are hard and fast with areas that need to be patched. When you putt the ball it bounces across blank spaces on the greens. Some greens are ok but the majority have issues.

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 06/09/2017:

Hello Roger, we're sorry course conditions were not up to par and we appreciate your feedback. We're glad you enjoyed our layout. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course!

"All good except bumpy greens"

RussellM's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/25/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

The course is in good shape except for the greens.

probable need 3 weeks to smooth out the greens for good putting.

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 05/30/2017:

Hi Russell, we're sorry the shape of the greens were not up to par. We're happy you enjoyed a quick pace of play and our friendly staff. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course!

"Greens succumbed over the past winter"

MJNoel's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/20/2017

What was once a course with some of the best greens anywhere has now become unplayable. Something happened to these greens over the winter because just a few months ago they were not too bad. Now every one of them seems to have been attacked by some sort of fungus or really bad grass killing bug. These greens are pretty much unplayable now.

The photo attached is one of the greens that is in good condition.

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 05/23/2017:

Hi Michael, we're sorry course conditions were not up to par. We appreciate your feedback and we are working on making improvements. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course, we hope you give us another shot in the future.

"Course conditions"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/12/2017

Greens were the worst I have ever seen. Spray painted, mess. Large hosese laying on several holes, and most cups were failing over. Ok for under 30 but not worth a dollar more

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 05/17/2017:

Hello, we apologize you did not fully enjoy your round. We appreciate your feedback and we are working on improving our course conditions. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course, we hope you give us another chance in the future.

"The Hollow"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/12/2017

Nice course, a challenging layout, friendly staff.

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 05/17/2017:

Hello Luis, we're happy you enjoyed our challenging layout and friendly staff. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course!

"Times and Seasons"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/08/2017

Be warned playing ANY public courses around this time of year (late spring) as fairways and greens tend to be in less-than-ideal conditions. (dry, brown, fast -> greens especially) We lost a few balls that wouldn't have been lost at other courses due to this. Course can be challenging to navigate, so make sure you cross-check your scorecard with the hole marker so you don't play the wrong hole. Other than that, pretty smooth play! Excited to play it when the grounds are in better shape.

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 05/15/2017:

Hi Michael, we're sorry course conditions were not up to par. We appreciate your feedback and are working on making improvements. We're happy you enjoyed a quick pace of play and plan to return to play. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course!

"thrid time"

JLONGFELLOW's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2017
Previously played Used cart Verified Purchaser

This was the 3rd time i have played there and wonder why the pace of play is always so slow waited at every tee box, the fairways were ok but the greens need help bad kind of looks like they were painted wont hold a shot and very bumpy running a lawn mower over the tees could also help, but at least this time they did not run out of hot dogs or hamburgers like last time at 1.30 in the afternoon. it is a fun course to play but i could live without having to deal with that hole 8 where did they come up with that one

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 05/10/2017:

Hello John, we apologize you did not fully enjoy your round. We appreciate your feedback and we are working on making improvements. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course.

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2017

Played there with 13 year son on Sunday afternoon because all other couses were sold out.

The weather was perfect, expected the slow play, but it was beyond slow course.

The condition of green was horrible. Too many bold spot. Worse than tee box of some other courses in Plano.

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 05/09/2017:

Hi Sokjoo, we apologize you did not fully enjoy your round. We are working on improving course conditions. We hope you give us another shot in the future. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course!

"If the "Yellows" become greens I might play again"

Boomersooner007's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/03/2017

I played this course because a friend be paid for me. If I paid any money to play this course I would have been upset. Most of the time I couldn't tell if I was in the fairway or the rough because it all looked the same. The greens were rough. Like I had a better chance chipping the ball to the hole than putting. It probably would have bounced fewer times. It seems like it would be a fun course but the fairways and greens were just trash. Especially for $30 or whatever my friend paid. Hopefully all this rain the last month has helped get the course in better shape. I will let my friend play again before I spend my money to play there.

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 06/06/2017:

Hello, we apologize you didn't fully enjoy your round. We appreciate your feedback. We hope you give us another chance in the future, thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course.

"Where are the greens?"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/27/2017

Don't know what happened to the greens, but they are in terrible shape. They have been this way for at least a month now. They do not hold a shot into the green and then putting is at times like working through a maze to get to the hole. Only worth the $12-$15 on GolfNow, but the normal rate in the mid to upper $20's depending on the time and day of the week.

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 05/01/2017:

Hi Kenneth, we're sorry you did not fully enjoy your round. We are working on improving the condition of our greens and we appreciate your feedback. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course!

"Horrible!"

Summer2's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2017

Course looks like a pasture, fairways are horrible greens even worse. Some mowing and weed killer would be a big plus. Folks don't waste your money . Pace was so slow because everyone was looking for their balls in the weed infested fairways.

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 04/25/2017:

Hello Scott, we're sorry course conditions and pace of play was not up to par. We're happy you enjoyed our course layout and hope you give us another chance in the future. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course!

"Needs Work"

ncwell2111's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/15/2017

Greens in bad shape as well as most of the fairways. With the course in this condition now, I can only think it'll get worse as the summer gets closer. We'll skip it the rest of this year and maybe try it again next spring.

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 04/21/2017:

Hi Nolan, we appreciate your feedback and we are working on improving the conditions of our greens. We hope you give us another shot, thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course!