Oak Hollow Golf Course

Practice bunker: Yes
Indoor practice facilities: Yes

Dress code: Appropriate golf attire.

Location is convenient to the city in the 'burbs worth the drive   Great for locals beginners seniors   Challenges include water hazards forced carries narrow fairways   Great for drinks patio dining

"Pleasant Surprise"

uvalde51's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/21/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather

I hadn't been aware of this course until last week when I drove by on my way to the county courthouse. I booked the tee time on Golf Now. I arrived a little early but the course wasn't crowded and gent in the pro shop told me to fire when ready. Off the fairway it is easy to see the effects of over a month with no rainfall. The ground is very hard. The fairways and greens were in very good shape and the green speed was good. It is a nice layout and while not the most difficult course I've every played, it was a lot of fun. I saw several walkers on the course and would like to walk a round there. The staff was friendly and helpful all around the course. I will very definitely be back for another round.

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 09/22/2017:

Hello, we're glad you enjoyed our good course conditions, fun layout, and friendly staff. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

"Fun round for the price"

Curtis2056860's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/10/2017

A buddy and I played a twilight round, for $20 it was well worth the money. Fairways, tee boxes and greens were all in good shape. Would happily go back for another late afternoon round

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/25/2017

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 08/28/2017:

Hello Jim, we're glad you enjoyed a quick pace of play and the value of your tee time. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course.

"Great municipal course"

erjaded1's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/20/2017

I joined this course for the value and the condition of the fairways and greens. Granted, they missed covering the greens on one day this past winter and the greens took a big hit. Since, then the staff have worked very hard to bring them back and I can say that now they are about back to the near great greens they were last year. I like the staff and the nice clubhouse, but mostly the course itself is a blast to play!

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 08/22/2017:

Hi Roger, we're happy you enjoyed our good course conditions, nice clubhouse, and friendly staff. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course.

"Much Improved!"

ohanlonjr's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/12/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

The greens perked up from a few weeks ago. Plugs gone and sand only spotty. Grass was coming back nicely. Good day.

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 08/22/2017:

Hi Adrian, we're happy you enjoyed a quick pace of play and our friendly staff. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course!

"need warning"

ohanlonjr's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/31/2017

after we checked in were we informed that only front 9 could be played twice since the front was plugged earlier that day, then the back 9 was in the process of being plugged. Greens were awful! Plugs were left around the skirt of the green, holes weren't filled in but LOTS of sand on the greens! Piles of sand that showed explosion when the ball landed on the green. Lotta bumps and dips along with holes on the greens made putting very frustrating. Glad we could play but would have not gone 40 miles round-trip for that experience if we had known. All other times this course has been in very good shape.

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 08/03/2017:

Hi Adrian, we're sorry course conditions were not up to par. We appreciate your feedback and we are working on making improvements. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/27/2017

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 08/01/2017:

Hi Jarrett, we're happy you enjoyed our friendly staff and the value of your tee time. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course.

mpartial's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/26/2017
Previously played Used cart Verified Purchaser

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 08/01/2017:

Hi Mike, we're happy you enjoyed a good pace of play and our course layout. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course!

u077119855's avatar
Plays:  Once a year

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/25/2017

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 07/27/2017:

Hello, we're happy you enjoyed a quick pace of play and our course layout. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course!

shutoanju's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/22/2017

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 08/02/2017:

Hi Noriko, we're happy you enjoyed our friendly staff and good course conditions. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course!

"Good value"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/12/2017

Nice course for the money. I normally play there once or twice a month. Greens have been problematic in the past but are now in acceptable condition. Friendly staff. Usually a good pace of play. For a municipal course in the McKinney area I would recommend this. For those who have not played this course - beware of #8; it is their signature hole and quite challenging.

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 07/18/2017:

Hi Ted, we're happy you enjoyed our friendly staff, a good pace of play, and challenging hole #8. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

"Good value / fun course"

jonrubis's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/11/2017
First time playing Walked Hot weather Verified Purchaser

While there isn't a lot of definition to most of the holes, it is a fun course that does require some thought. The conditions aren't great, but they certainly won't inhibit your round. There are a few over the top holes (especially number 8), but overall, it is a fun, and fair challenge. The staff gets a 10/10 from me, as they were incredibly accommodating. I will be back again.

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 08/02/2017:

Hello Jon, we're happy you enjoyed our fun layout and accommodating staff. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course!

"Good but could be better"

jklipsich's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2017
Previously played Walked Windy weather

A good golf course that could be better. Layout creates frequent risk/reward challenges. One of the few walkable courses in the area. Average round is 4 hours or less. Greens are generally well maintained. Most needed areas of improvement:: Fairways need more water and worm eradication. The result is that the course looks and plays best, and longest, a couple of days after a heavy rain. 8th hole is impossible unless you can hit an iron 200 yards and stop it with 20 yards of where it lands. For shorter hitters, the forward tee needs to be repaired or built. With those two changes it would be an excellent course.

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 07/17/2017:

Hello Jerome, we're happy you enjoyed our challenging layout and a quick pace of play. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course!

"Oak Hollow"

pstorer45's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/02/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

I like the topography at Oak hollow and the congenial staff. The last time I played, abou 3 weeks ag, the greens were a mess but hopefully under repair. Normally the course is well groomed and affordably priced.

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 07/18/2017:

Hi Phil, we're sorry our course conditions were not up to par, we are working on making improvements. We're happy you enjoyed the topography of our course and our congenial staff. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course!

"First and last round"

boakyy's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/24/2017

This is not a golf course, the layout is so bad. From the back tee you don't even know what your fairway. Green in worst condition in the area. Definitely not worth the money. Can't even compare to courses like Firewheel.

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 06/28/2017:

Hi Olli, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Oak Hollow. We regret to hear that we missed the mark on the course conditions. Your thoughts will be noted so that we are able to make improvements. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the staff and pace of play, however. We appreciate your business and hope you give us a chance to earn it again.

"Pretty good muni"

John9155637's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/16/2017
Previously played Used cart

I play here several times a year. The course is walkable. Easy from the whites (6,000 yds) and tough from the blues (almost 6700) par 70. 8th hole is one of the nastiest in the metroplex. Greens usually roll pretty well, fairly open though a lot of trees scattered along the sides. Almost no bunkers (maybe 5?), Several water hazards. Often you can play here in well under four hours, sometimes less than three!! (weekday afternoons). Nice clubhouse, friendly staff, pretty good price. If you play a lot, this is a nice ego builder from the whites and will challenge you from the blues.

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 07/17/2017:

Hi John, we're happy you always enjoy a quick pace of play and that you play at Oak Hollow Golf Course several times a year. Thank you for playing, we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

"Rained out"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/05/2017

Greens are not in the best of conditions. Course layout is difficult if it's your first time out. GOOD PRICE, GOOD SERVICES AND FRIENDLY STAFF.

My round was rained out after the first three holes.

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 06/07/2017:

Hi James, we apologize you didn't fully enjoy your round and we appreciate your feedback. We hope you give us another chance in the future, thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course.

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/02/2017

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 06/05/2017:

Hello Conner, we're sorry course conditions were not up to standard. We're happy you enjoyed our friendly staff and a quick pace of play. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course!

"Condition of Greens"

uGIDI3193GI's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2017

The course was in good condition with one exception - the greens were AWFUL. They are old style bermuda and had patchy spots everywhere - had green paint to cover bare spots and had not been mowed.

I have played here several times in the last few years and the greens were OK - something has gone wrong recently.

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 06/05/2017:

Hi Norman, we're sorry course conditions were not up to par. We appreciate your feedback and we are working on improving our conditions. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course, we hope you give us another chance in the future.

"Greens need help"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2017

Over all the course is good. The greens need some serious help they are hard and fast with areas that need to be patched. When you putt the ball it bounces across blank spaces on the greens. Some greens are ok but the majority have issues.

Response from Oak Hollow Golf Course on 06/09/2017:

Hello Roger, we're sorry course conditions were not up to par and we appreciate your feedback. We're glad you enjoyed our layout. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course!