Monticello Golf Club At Savannah Lakes

GPS: No

Dress code: Unacceptable attire includes: Tank tops, halter tops, T-shirts, gym shorts, sweat pants, blue jeans, blue jean shorts, cut offs, and short shorts.

Course Layout: No ratings so far

"Wonderful experience"

Coursey's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/24/2015

Already looking forward to coming back to play again

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"Chance Play"

traceyirvin33's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/14/2015
First time playing Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

I had wanted to play the courses at Savannah Lakes since I stumbled across them last fall/winter. The good thing/drawback about playing is that it is recommended to come on the weekends as the members usually take up the play times during the week. I was able to sneak in on a Thursday and play in the afternoon and the course exceeded my expectations.

I really can't wait to get back and play this course again. I hope they keep up the conditions and keep this place looking great.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"Perfection"

James5549065's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/06/2014

This course is spectacular, and the views are breath taking. The pictures on their website are exactly what you will see when arriving at the course. We were planning to play only 18, but it so awesone 36 was a must. If you want an awesome lunch and great service, the clubhouse will not disappoint. Awesome staff, awesome course.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"beautiful course,great condition"

david5202361's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 4/19/2013

the course was in great shape. the only negative is that it was painfully slow. i dont understand how a course this nice doesnt have a marshall on the course. it took three of us just over five hours to finish .i cant enjoy golf like that.

"Pretender"

John2726346's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 4/7/2013

The sign on the driveway reads 'Monticello Golf Club Member and Guests only'. You pull in and you are greeted by... no one. You get you gear together, walk to the pro-shop, there you'll find a small shop with the typical over priced shirts etc. presented more like you just walked into the thrift store rather than a "Country Club". There; you'll find a very friendly lady who will take your green fee; in my case $100 that included range balls and lunch, perhaps the high rate was due to Masters week? You will get a very small bucket of old range balls. The range was in OK condition, I can't really knock it since it was early April, but I will mention the grass tees were very used.. The putting green was in great condition, as was the chipping green. OK, time to tee off! I found the course in very early spring condition, so I can only fairly rank it from a layout point of view. I found it to be a wonderful and interesting layout, great features, really took the natural surrounding into account. The greens were pristine. Unfortunately the course is lined by houses that in some cases encroach a little too close to the course. When getting ready for the next stroke; you should not need to listen to the people talking on the phone while sitting on their balcony. Pace of play, what pace of play? I spent more time standing around than I did playing golf, the course was filled with tourists/out of town (myself included) . I think this led to the slow pace, along with CART PATH ONLY RULES, it took over 5 hours to play, I was a single and I played thru a few foursomes... NOT GOOD. Cart Path Only!, Can't really complain about the course trying to protect the conditions, but I can tell you this, you don't want to play this place when they have cart path only rules, too many hills to climb, the cart path seems to always take the opposite side from where you want to be. The lunch was good, staff was friendly. A nice layout, run not as a country club but more like a family business. This is not a problem and is in fact a good thing, but don't pretend to be a country club with your price and your sign. My overall experience rates this as a 2 star, but could be much better, maybe I visited the wrong day... and payed the high fee. Maybe I reviewed it a bit harsh, but when reviewing a course my expectations are weighted by the the fee charged, in my opinion I was over charged for what I received.

"Lots of rolling hills and large greens. An enjoyable place to play."

germanorr's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 2/02/2013

The people at the clubhouse and their restaurant were quite friendly. There was a frost delay, so I had a chance to talk with them more than I normally would. From the tips this is a long course. There are lots of rolling hills and the fairways are fairly wide open; however, they make up for it with lots of bunkers and water. The greens were well maintained. I can think of nothing negative about my game there. It is a little out of the way but worth the drive.

"This course has a few blind shots, plenty of bail out room for mistakes."

Don6775213's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 1/13/2013

Enjoy playing this course. Greens are never soft even after it has rained the day before.

"Monticello (Winter Conditions)"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/31/2012

I loved this course. Beautiful elevations and views from the tee boxes, challenging holes, well maintained and a fair price for the kind of course that Monticello is known to be.

The greens were pretty firm and definitely fast, but much of that had to do with the winter conditions.

It is a course you will probably love to hate as there is a good bit of risk reward, and a good round can turn into a disaster pretty quick. Which in my mind makes for a formidable challenge that most avid golfers would want to undertake.

"Nice variety of holes"

nickygolf's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/03/2012

Several holes play long.Play a shorter tee on these. For example holes 5,6, 16 and 18.