The Courses at Watters Creek - Traditions Course

Dress code: Appropriate golf attire.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Location is convenient to the city in the 'burbs worth the drive   Great for locals advanced golfers beginners   Challenges include bunkers water hazards forced carries   Great for drinks watching the game 19th hole scenic views

"Wet and Cold but still Fun"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/17/2017
Previously played Used cart Cold weather

Arrived at the course on a day when it was still wet from overnight rains. In fact, earlier it had been paths only. Our tee time was late enough that we needed good luck to beat sundown. But the weather had discouraged enough players that the staff suggested we report to the starter earlier than our time. We did, got underway 45 minutes early, and with an uncrowded course, finished in 3.25 hours. This course is always fun to play, and even on this wet day, was very playable. Greens were near perfection and rolled true and fast. Since we were a twosome and not paired with anyone, we sort of created our own experience by moving from the tips on some holes to the blues and whites on others, giving ourselves a manageable challenge on every hole. Thanks again to a friendly staff that got us out early and allowed us plenty of time to finish.

"No Shag On This Carpet"

Rick9568434's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/11/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

I really like this course. Other than the fairways being having too many tight lies (normal for this time of year I think), the conditions were really good. The main feature, to me, are the greens. They are smooth and receive an approach shot very well. FAST is not an adequate word. My only complaint about the greens has to do with right around the hold - too many volcanos. So, the holes were most likely not moved and inserted appropriately. Bunkers (ask me how I know) were in fantastic shape. Plenty of good sand. The tee boxes were in good shape and level. Here's a good note for ya: Stay our of the rough! This course has not primary and secondary rough - just rough. If you are not standing right over your ball, you may not see it. So, watch an errant shot all the way to a stop. When you get to hole number 6. Just right down a bogie and go to the next hole. That'll save the duffer a lot of heart-ache. The "white" boxes on this course are closer to the "Blue" boxes on similar courses. So, choose your poison well.

"Best Staff in DFW Metro area"

ken9906410's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/04/2017
Previously played Walked Perfect weather

I've played this course several times now. I am somewhat new to the area and have been looking for a "regular" course to play/practice at. Well, I found it. Great price for the course. Course is in good condition, especially for winter. Good mix of holes with all different shots and challenges. You can't just go out and bang it all over the place, but, if you favor certain sides of a hole, the course is very playable and gettable. Good greens especially for December. Plenty of options for distance with several different tee boxes. Pace of play was very good also - I played here recently on a really nice Friday and the course was packed - thought it was going to be all day but when we finished I looked at watch and round took just a few minutes over 4 hrs!!

Practice facility is all you want - if you can't work on your game here, you are beyond help. Driving range, huge chipping areas, huge putting greens, short game area, and much, much more.

Best part of course and the main thing that is going to bring me back is the staff. Most professional and courteous staff I've seen in the Metro. Guy at the counter (I think it was Judson?) is the most polite, respectful, friendly and helpful guy I've met at a course. Starters and marshals were all very friendly and respectful also.

These guys value your business and it shows. What a course should be run like!

"Beautiful greens and healthy fairways"

Craig4910890's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/03/2017

Although there was over seeding on the greens they were very true and with good speed. Just a wonderful golf outing with visitors from Michigan who were quite happy to be there

"Disappointed with this place"

bogle93's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/01/2017

Let me start off and mention I am a resident close by and used to love this course.

However it seems that a touch of arrogance has crept into their attitude lately. I was put into a group as a walk on single. The starter was not in a good mood and was not that pleasant to talk too. As we made our way to no. 7, there was the starter, now marshal waiting for our group. It seems that a player in my group was just inside the carts only area. The marshal threatened to remove him from the course for this mistake then as we proceeded playing no. 11. Another guy, probably a course super was with the same marshal and he got onto the same player in my group. The story this time was stay on the path on pars 3's but we all did this. I am baffled at what the issue was this time..

Considering the conditions of the sand traps I where in, this is the least of their worries. Definitely had not been raked in a long time and was insane trying to play from them.

My tee time was last Friday, shortly after 12 noon if it matters. However I am unsure if staff even looks at the reviews... I am finished here and with many others to choose from, not an issue what so ever...

Not that I should be viewed as as different but I am in Allen and a portion of my taxes each year, I am certain go to this city owned course. Just one more thing to consider.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/01/2017

"Great Course and Staff"

19bama62's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/26/2017

Always enjoy playing here. Course conditions are really good. Pace of play was good.

"Great course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/24/2017

Very beautiful course. I played on Good Friday so too many people on the course. I played on Black Friday and auto correct got me. So pace of play was too slow. The carts zoomed around well. The Marshall or starter was very accommodating. Very well manicured grass everywhere.

"Speed Test"

uvalde51's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/15/2017

This was my first time at this course and I really enjoyed the round. I paired up with a very nice guy. Hal, I don't recall his last name, had played the course before and was very helpful. The course conditions were excellent for this late in the year. Be prepared for some fast greens. The greens held approaches quite well but it took most of the round to get the putting speed tuned in. So let that be a warning. The staff in the pro shop was very friendly as was the gentleman in the cart barn. Pick the right tees. I played the whites but will move back to the blues the next time around. The black tees at 7000 yards are to long for me. I highly recommend this golf course. The practice facility is also very good.

"Very good value"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/14/2017

What a beautiful and diverse tract of land and challenging course! With the golfnow rate you cannot beat this course. It wasn't overly crowded and pace was good. Great value

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/11/2017

"Awesome"

19bama62's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/05/2017

Haven’t played here in more than a year. We are definitely putting this course in our rotation. The greens are perfect right now. Pace of play was good. Played in less than 4 hours on a Sunday.

KatandGolf's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/04/2017

"Can I play holes 7-18 only?"

jcook1313's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/29/2017

First off - GREAT greens. Fast, enough slope, very true. Some very tough positions the day I played. Holes 2 thru 6 are quirky, odd, tight, and don't resemble the rest of the course. Layup, layup, layup. With the mud, leaves, and omnipresent creek, it is frustrating. Holes 7-18 are good parkland golf. Got grouped with 2 other guys and had a great time. #9 doesn't return to clubhouse, but snack bar is a nice touch. If 3.5 stars was an option, that's what I would rate. Again, great greens.

hao49er's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/24/2017

"Good solid track in DFW"

bennyd26's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/14/2017

Great course for the money. From tee to green the course is in good condition. Great practice facility. My one complaint are the courses rules on the chipping area. I was yelled at for hitting range balls. The staff told me it was because no one picks them up. Sorry, but since I was 16 and started playing golf (26 years ago) Ive never heard of a course that either yelled at me or didn't allow range balls on a practice area.... here's a hint: get one of the cart boys to pick up balls and treat customers with a little more respect.

fdelcol's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/01/2017

Brian6730656's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/30/2017

"Beautiful !"

Craig4910890's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/24/2017

Excellent greens great fairways good and reasonable drinks what more can you ask for ?

"Worth playing twice"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/13/2017

If you only have time for a couple rounds, I suggest you play here twice. It is fun and challenging and you will have a better idea where to hit the ball the second time to avoid some unforeseen trouble. There are a few spots on the course where you can't see the best spot to hit to.

The course was in great shape. Greens were quick and true. Some easy holes and some challenging ones. For the average golfer it was a good test.