The Club at Los Rios

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Championship 71 6457 yards 72.2 127
Forward (W) 71 5036 yards 70.1 122

Location is convenient to the city in the 'burbs worth the drive   Great for locals beginners walkers   Challenges include water hazards forced carries thick rough   Great for drinks

"Done with it"

selmard's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/17/2017

First off, the pro shop staff. I guess if you're not a regular or member, you get talked to as if you're bothering them. Not expecting you to roll out the red carpet, but would be nice if you talked where I could hear you and at least look at me when I'm trying to ask for information. Secondly, every time I've played here either the holes are not where they should be and there is no notice of the change. Now there is an entire hole on the front that has been turned into a Par 3, again no notice from the pro shop. I do have more to say, but at this point it just doesn't make any sense. Good luck to all those that continue to play here and like it. I'll be moving my golf plans to other courses.

Response from The Club at Los Rios on 09/21/2017:

Thank you for your feedback, selmard. We appreciate you coming out to play our course while we continue to make improvements to the conditions and your suggestions for the pro shop.

"Course condition"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/09/2017

Course was in great shape. Construction around green on hole #4 prevented from finishing that hole.

There was no cart girl, which was a disappointment. Next round I'll be sure to ask the pro shop, before I start my round.

Response from The Club at Los Rios on 09/12/2017:

Thank you for your 4-star rating and feedback on your round.

"An ok course"

BennyP19's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/05/2017

The course was not in great shape by any means. Lots of hard dirt in the fairways. Greens were nice. The course is wide open and fairly easy to play. Not my favorite course I've played, but with another good deal, I might return.

Response from The Club at Los Rios on 09/08/2017:

Thank you for playing The Club at Los Rios, BennyP19. We've been working hard throughout the summer season to restore the course conditions and have seen a lot of improvements over the last few weeks. If you would like to find out when we are running specials, please sign up for our E-Club at http://www.theclubatlosrios.com/email-club/

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/03/2017

Response from The Club at Los Rios on 09/12/2017:

We appreciate your feedback on your experience as we continue to make improvements to the course conditions.

"Course to work on your game"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/01/2017

This is a good course to work on your game. They are working to improve it. It does not have sand traps. For the Golfnow value, it is worth playing.

Response from The Club at Los Rios on 09/12/2017:

Thank you for your feedback on your round at The Club at Los Rios.

"Nice course improvements underway"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/01/2017

This course has a nice layout. It does not have any bunkers. A very nice course to work on your game. Hole #4 is a temporary par 3 instead of a par4 when the improvement is made. Yes some improvements can be made to greens and fairways but I think this course is better than some reviewers give it. I definitely will play it again. Booking it at the Golfnow rate you can't go wrong.

Response from The Club at Los Rios on 09/06/2017:

Thank you for sharing your experience at The Club at Los Rios. We have put a lot of work into the course this summer, and are glad you enjoyed your round!

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/30/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

on a day when i thought it would be empty, it was a parking lot. especially on the back 9. I left after 12 holes

Response from The Club at Los Rios on 09/08/2017:

Thank you for your feedback on your round.

"Getting Better"

samlawrence11's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/27/2017

I've played this course 3 times over the past couple of months, each time has been a little better than the last. I can tell they are putting resources into the course to make it better. Hopefully work will continue to be done and they will have this course back to its glory days. It's a great "practice" course as there are some challenges but it's also open enough to really work on your game. Will be back and hopefully it will be even more improved than the last!

Response from The Club at Los Rios on 08/30/2017:

Thank you for sharing your experience, samlawrence11! We appreciate you commenting on all of the work we've been putting into the course this summer!

"Gone downhill"

mattmeis's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/25/2017

I had not played Los Rios in 2017 yet, but had played the course a few times in 2016. I don't remember the course being in such poor shape, so I know that it has gone downhill. The back nine was as I remembered, and enjoyable. The front nine is, at least currently, in bad shape. The biggest issue is the greens, with many of them looking ragged, bumpy, and/or many bare spots. The greens were also covered with hundreds+ of tiny caterpillars, which was quite annoying. The worst part about the course is the cart path, it is in very bad disrepair throughout the majority of the course (a lot like the front driveway & parking lot). I think paying less than $20 for 18 holes & a cart is a great deal, and that's why I'll give 3 stars (mostly for the back 9), but I won't be back to Los Rios for a while or until I hear better things about the conditions.

Response from The Club at Los Rios on 08/28/2017:

Thank you for coming out to play the course, mattmeis. We appreciate your support while we work on our course conditions.

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/20/2017

This course was in the worst conditions I have ever seen in the DFW area. Grass looked like it hadn't been cut in 2 weeks. Club house smelt muggy. We teed off at 10:07am and made the turn around 12:00 noon so we (group of 3) decided to stop and eat lunch and was told they only had hot dogs but only 2 AND still charged $1.00 for a cup of ice. And after talking to the "bar tender" he told us that the course would be torn down and a park would replace it by yr 2020 so the owner wasn't going to put any money into it.

I'll NEVER go back!!!!

Course Layout: Poor

Response from The Club at Los Rios on 08/24/2017:

Thank you for playing The Club at Los Rios while we are making the necessary improvements we have been working on this summer.

"Great staff..terrible maintanence"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/29/2017

Worst greens I've ever played. Ludicrous that they would ever charge $40 to play out there.

Some shouldn't even be considered greens. Really disappointing because the staff/facilities and course layout has a lot of potential to be a great middle of the road course.

I'll play again, but never at top dollar.

Response from The Club at Los Rios on 08/01/2017:

Thank you for your feedback on your round at The Club at Los Rios. We appreciate you coming out to play while we have been working on the necessary improvements around the course.

"Always check current course reviews!!!!"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/29/2017

I'd played here last year and flooding had taken a toll. Previously it was an average course but good pace of play & respectable greens. Now the greens are moldy & worse than poor. Fairways dried out and grass is some type fescue so grabs Club head. I'll not visit again unless big confirmed improvements & financial incentives since I wasted my time & money.

Response from The Club at Los Rios on 08/01/2017:

Thank you for playing The Club at Los Rios. Our maintenance team has been working tirelessly to make all of the necessary improvements around the course, and will be making regular announcements once we have seen conditions improve.

"Awful all around."

JMBradshaw88's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/28/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Not only was this course awful but so was their staff. The guy in the pro shop told us that they had a couple on green changes due to their greens being messed up but would not wave the green fee. Then he told us we needed to hurry up and tee off cause he had a party of 8 teeing off at 12:00 when our tee time was at 11:52?? The greens were terrible, patchy, dry, and cracks all over them. And the tee boxes were so tough I broke several tees just trying to place my ball. I have played this course in the past and it has never been this bad. I will not be returning no matter the price.

Response from The Club at Los Rios on 08/07/2017:

Hi JMBradshaw88, Thank you for your feedback on your experience. We have been working on the greens this summer, to try to get the course back up to par as soon as possible. While we cannot waive green fees, which support our course maintenance efforts, we hope that we can remedy this experience once our renovations are complete.

"Weekend Availability can be an issue"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/16/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

This course really values it's members and provides events for them. The downside to that is that if you're part of the general public parts of the course may be closed to you. My tip would be to call ahead and ask if any part of the course is closed. I called but only asked about their rates. The guy didn't even mention to me that the front 9 was closed for a tournament. I got there and ended up wishing I'd gone somewhere else since I couldn't play the whole course. The back 9 was very nice though. I liked the course itself very much.

Response from The Club at Los Rios on 08/01/2017:

Thank you for reviewing your experience. We think it is a great idea to always double check with us if we have any events going on at the course, and will try to be as informative as possible. That being said, we're glad you enjoyed the back nine, and hope that you will be back again soon to play the front!

mspan02's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/16/2017

Response from The Club at Los Rios on 07/20/2017:

Hi mspan02, thank you for coming out to play the Club at Los Rios. We are currently working hard to fix the issue that you have mentioned.

"Greens"

dleach12's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/15/2017

Temporary greens on 3 holes and several others were dead. Not told about this when booking and paid regular price?

Response from The Club at Los Rios on 08/01/2017:

Thank you for your feedback, dleach21. We have two temporary holes that have been undergoing some great recovery over the last few months, and should be back up this August. We apologize that you were not informed of this before your round and hope that these improvements will give you reason to come back and give us another shot!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/13/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Response from The Club at Los Rios on 08/01/2017:

Thank you for reviewing The Club at Los Rios, we're glad you enjoyed your experience!

"Tough to think about going back"

cdc108020's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/08/2017

The greens on this course are the worse I've ever played on. I appreciate the low prices for early tee times on the weekends but it's because the course is trashed. There were several temporary greens. The pace of play was fine but it was only because there wasn't any point trying to putt. I would love to consider this course when I'm trying to find a cheap tee time but our group does whatever we can to avoid it. It will surely improve in the future and at that time I'll give it another try. But until then I'll try something else.

Response from The Club at Los Rios on 08/01/2017:

Thank you for playing The Club at Los Rios and for your feedback. We are working to improve our conditions in the hopes that we will see the course back in tip-top shape soon.

"Not worth the time and money"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/07/2017

Course was in very bad shape. Greens were in very bad shape. Will not coming back and recommend to anybody.

Response from The Club at Los Rios on 08/01/2017:

Thank you for coming to play The Club at Los Rios. We appreciate your business while we make the improvements we need to help our course conditions.

"Course conditions"

stonecasey's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/05/2017

This course is in bad condition. The club house is dirty

Response from The Club at Los Rios on 08/01/2017:

Thank you for playing our course, stonecasey. While most of our efforts have been focused on the improvements the course needs, we appreciate your feedback on other areas as well.