Bluewater Bay Resort - Lake Course

Clubs: No

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Tees

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive in the 'burbs   Great for locals playing multiple courses seniors   Challenges include water hazards bunkers narrow fairways   Great for drinks watching the game amazing food

"A true GEM on around the Emerald Coast! As always"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/17/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

this course is never a let down! Great staff! Great condition! Always challenging! Keep up the great work and I will always return for more when I am visiting the area. My only problem is that you closed the Magnolia 9....but I understand why.

rdavi12474's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/07/2017

Response from Bluewater Bay Resort on 09/14/2017:

Hello Richard, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Bluewater Bay Resort, and for the 3-stars. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a relaxing round with us. Our goal is for all of our customers to have an enjoyable round and your feedback is appreciated so that improvements can be made. It looks like your round was a great value for you and that you had a friendly experience with our staff, so we are glad to see that. Thank you for choosing our golf course, in the Pensacola area, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Good course for average golfer looking for nice course at reasonable price"

Plays:  Twice a year

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/05/2017

Course was in decent shape. Greens were okay but had just been aerated which we were informed of before booking tee time. Still it was in good shape for our caliber of play as being at the beginnner to average golfer level. Nice and relaxing day and really enjoyed the day.

Response from Bluewater Bay Resort on 09/18/2017:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Bluewater Bay Resort, and for the 3-stars. We are sorry to hear that the greens may not have been in the best shape when you played, but we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your round. It also looks like you had a friendly experience with our staff and had a smooth round, so we appreciate your feedback. Thank you for choosing our course, in the Pensacola area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/28/2017

Great course narrow and challenging great layout only negative it was in recovery stage but still a fun course

"challenging course"

dgwhite7's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/20/2017

I wrote an unfavorable review recently about this course, but have to say that within a week the course has made a turnaround for the better. Kudos to the greenskeeper....

cajunstylefl's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/19/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

"Blue water Bay"

pharger's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/16/2017

Booked online for an excellent price. Well worth the money. Good condition.

"Worst golfing experience in 20+ years"

bustmeanut's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/14/2017

This was by far the worst experience on a golf course I've ever had.

The condition of the course was a complete joke. Greens were not puttable so we just picked up and moved to the next hole.

My friend from out of town was forced to buy a $60 collared shirt. He jad no problem doing so but we were shocked when we saw dozens of people fishing/walking/biking on the course in jeans and tank tops. There were literally people riding their bikes down the fairways.

Two holes had people that live on the course out on the greens chipping and putting while we were waiting on the tee box.

Sprinklers were on in the middle of the fairway and tee boxes that made it unplayable so we had to skip 5 of the last 6 holes. We asked the kid who we turned the cart over to and he said he's not the grounds keeper so he's not sure what to tell us.

Will never play here again.

Response from Bluewater Bay Resort on 08/28/2017:

Hello Kris, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Bluewater Bay Resort, in the Pensacola area. We are sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. If you would like, we can set you up with our General Manager who would be more than happy to discuss this matter in more detail. Please reach out via email at golf@bwbresort.com. Thank you for playing with us, and we hope to earn your business again soon.

"nice layout"

dgwhite7's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/14/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

I like this course and have played it many times. However, at this time the course looks burnt. With few exceptions, the greens have suffered from the heat and sun. The cups were past due to recut. The fairways were sparse of grass.

The starter was very cordial, informative and professional. I will go back but likely will wait for cooler weather....

Response from Bluewater Bay Resort on 08/17/2017:

Hello D.G, thank you for the three-star review. We appreciate your feedback on the course conditions. But, we are glad to see that you had an excellent experience with our staff. Thank you for playing at the Bluewater Bay Resort in the Pensacola area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Bad"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/07/2017

Course was in bad shape, greens were cut with lines and diseased . Fairways were wet or under water. Worst shape course I've ever played

Response from Bluewater Bay Resort on 08/09/2017:

Brett, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Bluewater Bay Resort. We're sorry that we missed the mark with your experience. We are facing a rough transition period, so our conditions are not ideal. We are happy to see that you enjoyed our staff and the pace of play, however. We hope that you'll give us a chance to earn your business again in the future.

"Has potential"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/07/2017

Course was in really rough shape. Weeds everywhere and grass overgrown. Greens were very brown.

Response from Bluewater Bay Resort on 08/10/2017:

Hi Scott, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Bluewater Bay Resort. We appreciate the 3 star review and are glad to see that you enjoyed the layout, pace of play, and staff. Our conditions are not ideal right now, as we are going through a difficult transition period. We hope that you will give us another shot in the future in the Pensacola area!

bellury's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/03/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Excellent course. Very friendly staff. a couple of the greens needed work but only a couple on the Lake course. All the other ones were very good.

gtdee001's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/02/2017

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Bluewater Bay Resort on 08/04/2017:

Hi Tyler, thank you for taking the time to rate our course, Bluewater Bay Resort. We are glad to see that you enjoyed our staff and conditions. We hope to see you again soon in the Pensacola area!

"Tight Course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/29/2017

Nice course overall. Range and chipping area was in good shape. The course overall was in good condition, very tight course, not for a driver happy golfer. Was disappointed they didn't have a drink cart out that day, strange on a Saturday. Course layout can be a little weird depending on which courses they are playing. Confusing for a first timer but I'm sure if I played here constantly it would be no big deal. Overall satisfied with my round and ezperience.

Nathaniel1046558's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/26/2017

Overall this was a great course. My playing partner and I were a bit disappointed with the greens, they were slow and didn't play much break. Other than the greens though, this was a nice course. Beautiful fairways plenty of challenging holes. The staff was very welcoming and answered any and all questions we had. The scenery was my favorite part of this course. It was beautiful. A couple greens looking out over the bay. Overall we had a good experience playing here and I would definitely play here again if given the opportunity.

"Worth the Money"

Karl06Bosworth's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/24/2017
First time playing Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

Got a "Hot Deal" a couple days in advance, weather on day of play was iffy...over 1-in of rain the night and morning before the round. Overall course shape was good; greens and fairways typical of Emerald Coast. Layout is fun and challenging. Checked in early then had to wait 30min for starter to show...no one else in the queue or on the course. Grounds folks didn't pause mowers when addressed the ball, never seen this in 40yrs of golfing. We'd play the course again.

"Great afternoon"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/19/2017

I bought a "hot deal" on a round of golf at this course, and I misjudged how far away I was from the course when I purchased. I called the clubhouse to let them know that I was running behind. The gentleman that answered couldn't have been nicer. I got there, and the starter was there to greet me. When I got in, they told me to take my time, and they would get me on with no problem. As I came to find out, I wasn't pushed at all, and I was able to take my time and play a very relaxed round. The staff there is super friendly and very accommodating even for the GolfNow guy that only paid $20.

I started on the "Bay"' course for the first nine, and then I moved onto the "Lake" course for the second nine. I liked the Bay side a little better, but the Lake course was fun as well. Nobody was out there at that time, and I was able to take my sweet time. I immensely enjoyed not being pushed.

I am a terrible golfer, and I make no excuses about it. I say that to say that if you are all over the place off the tee like I am, the houses are pretty close to the fairways, and luckily my misses were in the trees a couple of times. If you have a wild slice, you could conceivably hit a roof top. If you can golf at all (unlike me), you shouldn't have much to worry about.

The greens were in good shape and look like they had been well maintained. There's a pretty good bit of sand on the course but a minimal amount of water. I also live in North Georgia where every course seems to be on a hill, and every lie is uneven. This course is nothing but generally good lies and ,all in all, a fun course. The length is pretty standard. I added a few pictures including one that I don't get often with the huge plane flying over!

"Ok to play for $20"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/18/2017

Good layout but course is in poor condition. Can't play the ball down . Greens were slow and rough. Looks like they just do t have the $$ to get it in prime condition. I work at a golf course so I know what $$ on a course can do. For $20 it was alright.

Response from Bluewater Bay Resort on 08/02/2017:

Hi there, thank you for the 3 star rating and review of our course, Bluewater Bay Resort. Your feedback is very helpful to us as we are always striving to provide a great golf experience. We hope you'll give us the chance to earn your business for a round with better conditions.

"A Fantastic Golf Course!"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/18/2017

I was pleasantly pleased with Blue Water Bay Golf Course! I was on vacation and I am looking forward to playing golf there again!

The Hot Deal was grand too!

William Richardson