Wickenburg Ranch Golf & Social Club

• 3312 Maverick Drive, Wickenburg, Arizona, USA 85390
  • www.wickenburgranch.com

Year built: 2015
Architect(s): Greey|Pickett (2008), Bill Brownlee (2008)
Type: Private
Greens: Bentgrass
Fairways: Bentgrass

Carts: Yes - included

Dress code: Proper Golf Attire
Credit cards accepted: Yes

Tees | Layout

Average Rating 4.8 stars from 5

Location is worth the drive   Great for advanced golfers a bucket list/top 100 pick a weekend splurge   Challenges include elevation changes forced carries undulating greens

JA9250's avatar

"Wickenburg Ranch Excellence"

laxter's avatar

First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Extremely lush and beautiful fairways. Well maintained tee boxes. Greens are well maintaned but tend to be fast. Also, many of the greens are unusually shaped such that some pin placements make putting very difficult.

u329351993's avatar

"Awesome Track"

craigjossi's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/17/2017

Drove up from Phoenix to play this gem. WOW!!! Very few courses in as pristine condition as this one. The practice facility is first class. We felt like we were putting the first divots in the fairways. Greens very fast and undulating and a little hard to get used to the speed but would get used to it playing it a few more times. Already have 2 more tee times in the next week. We are going to play the 9 hole course (Lil' Wick) as well for an extra $15. You will not be disappointed.

"great golf course"

desertgolfer55's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/16/2017

as always w/r is in great condition/shape and the staff is always very nice from the pro shop staff to the "1st" starter to everyone,My only complaint is the beverage cart lady,Rude..we saw her on a tee bax around 5th or 6th hole she turned around and went away,did not she her again for at least 6 or so holes and asked her why she turned and left..she did not answer..and then was rude about helping us with drinks or ice at that time..she needs to be told that the people playing the course help her keep her job.. otherwise course is in GREAT shape, greens awesome....hard to read and very quick/fast but a great golf course a long way from phoenix/scottsdale/glendale but worth the drive

"Wickenburg Ranch"

carolyturner's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/09/2017

We loved the course and want to make it back next year. We are from Canada and try to golf different courses when we come down. Would definitely recommend this course to everyone.

"2nd best course in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area"

mcarlson0522's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/08/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Wickenburg Ranch is just incredible. Course is much better than most private courses I've played. Tough track but definitely fair. Love that the rangers/starters make it a point to speed up groups. Ok that group might get irritated but the rest of the groups out there are happy. Yes this is a far drive for almost everybody but it's worth it. Only course that's better in my opinion is Quintero. Price is fantastic and love this place so much.

"Best course ever"

ronhunnewell's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/07/2017

Most beautiful and we'll kept course I have ever played. Staff is awesome.

"fantastic day at the ranch"

mdimperio's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/05/2017

We haven't been out to WR since the end of 2015-they really have built up the amenities.....reminds me of DC ranch style and atmosphere. Everything was better than we could have wished for.

"Amazing Course"

bcscooter31's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/21/2017

I had heard the rumors about this course so I took the long drive, about an hour from my Surprise home. I am so glad I did!! The staff was extremely helpful guiding me to the clubhouse, they were also very thorough explaining the course. The course itself may be one of the nicest I have played in Arizona, the Bent Greens were slick and true. The course was lush and tightly manacured. My only knock would be the cart girl came around one time in 18 holes. Other than that...make the drive!!!! Worth every dollar!!! I'll be back!!!

"2nd Time Out"

RedStakes's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/19/2017

This was my second time out after a perfect experience this first time around. Our group came into the round very excited for what had been built up to be an amazing facility and course, which it is. The new facilities are amazing and the course is in perfect shape. My knock is on the service. The starter hurried us along and on the 3rd hole gave our group quite the earfull after falling, literally, 4 minutes behind pace. This was beyond your typical "pick it up fellas" type deal. Also, rarely saw the cart girl on the course. My previously pristine recommendation has been revised - its a great course, but sadly on 4 stars for me.

"What a Gem"

kesbmk's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/14/2017
First time playing Perfect weather Verified Purchaser

There was only one thing wrong with this course- it was too far from where I was staying. Worth the drive and it's easy to get to. Beautiful fairway's, green's were fast and in fantastic condition. I would play here again in a heart beat.

"This course was in excellent shape"

ralphsibbet's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/13/2017

The layout is excellent. A good test for anyone. The greens were in excellent shape but very hard to read, very fast and difficult because of the undelations. Love the views and variety of holes. Was not happy the driving range was closed. Also, we could.not drive our golf carts closer than 125 yards to the greens on most holes. For being rated a 4 star golf course you would think the sand traps would have better sand, too hard and rocky.The course did have a lot of yardage markers but I would have preferred that the golf carts would have been set up with GPS systems. I enjoyed the golf course but for anyone who has a handicap of 15 or higher I would not recommend this course. Also extremely difficult for the average female player, too many holes in which you needed long drives

"Wickenburg Ranch Golfing!"

u000005819192's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/08/2017

I was part of a foursome that arrived all excited about trying out this course that was recommended to us by friends. The practice facilities were excellent and there were lots of balls on the driving range. There was no starter available when we started so we went out to the tee box ten (10) minutes late only to find a twosome waiting to tee off!

Other than not waiting to hit on three holes we inched our way around in a bit over FIVE & A HALF HOURS! We finished out the last hole barley able to see!

The twosome in front of us were excellent golfers who were being held up by a foursome too ignorant to let them play through. A marshall would have fixed the speed of play but there were none on the course.

It is great to have all the nice amenities but I went to enjoy a golf experience on a highly rated course using my hard earned money! Yes the course was in very good condition but if management doesn't see the need for a marshal then their priorities need adjusting!

We had planned to stay after the game for food and beverages but when arrived back we just wanted to get away from the place!

Regards,

Wayne lynchj

l;feijwq[

Commented on 03/09/2017

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback. We do apologize for what sounds like a frustrating experience. Our average round time tends to be around 4 - 4.5 hours so it seems as though you caught us on a less than ideal day. We'll be sure to feed this back to our golf operations team - Kate

"A must-play course!"

bartolucci's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/04/2017

WOW. This course was outstanding. The design itself is very unique with large rolling and curving fairways, lots of interesting hazards and the most insane greens I played this past week. There were massive drop offs, big ledges, undulations...you name it, the greens had it. I found myself laughing out loud at how crazy some of these features were - they were so exaggerated it was unreal. It really made the track fun to play, and forced lots of strategic thinking and consideration, versus just whacking away. Yes, it's "far away" from Phoenix and Scottsdale, but only relative to the massive amounts of great courses directly in Scottsdale, but it was worth the drive, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Heck, I'd almost fly out to Arizona again just for another round here. Oh, and I was there for the new clubhouse opening. It has an amazing patio overlooking 18. Really nicely done. In my mind, this is a must-play.

"Make the trip it's well worth the day"

uIENJ3763IE's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/04/2017

I just love this layout

Room to let it fly in the fairway but a challenging second shot and remarkable green undulation make for a challenging try at birdies and pars

Nothing is missing at this facility

Little wick 9. Holes looks like a blast with all the flair of the bug track

Island greens clubhouse with fire put tucked right in the middle

Can play 9 and dine

Terrific

"Top rating is well supported"

triumph69's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/25/2017

This course was rated very high by Golf Digest and that rating is well deserved. The course is well designed, offers many options for level of play, and beautiful views of desert landscapes. Rates are very reasonable for this level of play and is within reach for those in the west valley. Definitely a must for those looking to include a gem on a golf trip.

"Great Course"

jlpont's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/17/2017

Great golf course, conditions, service and facilities. It is a hike from Phoenix, but worth the time.

"Low handicapper course"

engel29's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/16/2017

This course is in pristine condition but the greens are manicured so well that they are EXTREMELY fast. If you are not a low handicap move up on the tees. We were first group of the day and the ranger was very rude to us cause we were "20 minutes behind " his desired pace by 13th hole.

Commented on 04/26/2017

20 minutes behind schedule is a huge delay. He may of gotten you upset, and maybe his delivery should've been better. However, one group that's slow will slow down an entire golf course. So glad the rangers/starters will let the groups know to speed it up. 4 hrs should be a round of golf. People who are 20 minutes behind schedule should pick up their ball and move on. Getting a 8-10 strokes on each hole is just not acceptable.

"You must play this"

vhynes's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/15/2017

Wickenburg Ranch is a beautiful course in the hills north of wickenburg. We played in the morning and the greens had just been rolled. They were fast and treacherous. There are many outstanding views on the course. They are building the clubhouse, the start of the round involves a long cart ride and you are shuttled back to parking at the end. On the par fives they could use a few signs giving distance to the trouble.