Plantation Lakes Golf and Country Club

Dress code: Appropriate golf attire.
Credit cards accepted: Visa, American Express, Mastercard, Discover

Average Rating 4.0 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive   Great for 9-hole rounds locals seniors   Challenges include bunkers water hazards elevation changes

"Fun layout"

Sue3putt's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/15/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather

Hilly layout for southern DE. Very fun course.

Only 9 holes right now. Tell the Pro shop you want to play 18.

We played different tees the 2nd time around.

I'll be back!

"Entertaining 9 Hole Course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

Played Plantation Lakes several times over last few years and they have brought it up to a MUST PLAY moderately challenging course. A very good variety of holes (blind dog legs, water challenges, etc.) for the weekly player. The staff really enjoys having you there and the 'regulars' love to help you out.

"Good Experience at Plantation Lakes"

RKMonti's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/05/2017
Used cart Perfect weather Verified Purchaser

Given the time of year (early Spring), the Plantation Lakes golf course is in better shape than most of the courses in the area. Currently, it is a 9-hole course. I hear that course ownership intends to start the second 9 holes in 2018. The course in young. While it does present some challenges with water and sand, there are very few trees that might come into play. Perhaps that'll change when the second 9 holes are in place. All in all, we had a great day and we enjoyed the course (playing it twice to get our 18 holes in.) I certainly would recommend it to all levels of golfers. Can't wait to be completed!

"Plantation Lakes"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/11/2017

This my home course,and they are struggling with keeping up with conditions. Nice pro shop

Commented on 02/12/2017

Thank you for your rating. This time of the year its very difficult to maintain the high standards of the golf course. As you may already know, starting in January we brought in a new Maintenance Company and Superintendent to better monitor the overall conditions of the course. They have put together a comprehensive plan to improve the conditions of the course as a whole moving forward. The programs will soon be implemented as we get closer to growing season. We look forward to this Summer and feel strongly about our plans to make Plantation Lakes one of the best conditioned Golf Courses in the area. We hope to see you back again soon!

"Winter Golf"

Jamesjoyce's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/06/2017
Used cart Perfect weather Verified Purchaser

Any time you can play in the winter at 65* in February makes for a great day! The course has a great start but to play 18 holes you need to play the 9 hole that are open!The nine hole are a great start.The club house at this time is just a Nice clean trailer but it has ever thing you need and the staff is A+.

I will be playing it again

Great rates booking through Golf Now!

Commented on 02/12/2017

Thank you for your rating and input. We are glad to see you enjoyed your overall experience and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

"No sense"

pchaney1's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/01/2017

Since it is a 9 holes course we wanted to walk. We were told that is not allowed.

NO SENSE

Commented on 05/20/2017

I have played this course for 3 years and NEVER been in POOR condition and the staff is awesome. You can walk after 3pm.

Commented on 01/23/2017

We are sorry to hear that your round wasn't as expected. We have a "No Walking" Policy prior to 3PM, regardless of the time of year. We hope that you can understand that we have rules and regulations here for our membership that must be adhered to by the public as well. We hope this does not deter you from coming back and playing at our facility again. In the meantime, we wish you all the best!

Plantation Lakes Professional Staff

"9 hole beauty... looking forward to completion."

pstrassle's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/28/2016

Only 9 holes completed, but a great layout. My sons and I played the tips the first time around and it was challenging for sure. We then played from the whites and it was enough of a change that you almost did not recognize some of the holes. Looking forward the next nine! It is on our list of local favorites for sure!

Commented on 01/23/2017

Thank you for the review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your experience here at Plantation Lakes. We are excited for the future of the facility and the completion of 18-Holes. We look forward to providing you with many great experiences to come!

Plantation Lakes Professional Staff

"Great course"

bb635's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/11/2016

This was my third time playing here.Staff is super friendly.

Course is in great shape.

Shot makers course.

"Surprised"

BruceHunter's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/30/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Course was fun to play, love the layout. Have to pick your clubs and play smart golf. Didn't see any grounds crew, one guy working on the irrigation. Everyone we talked to while playing was very friendly. Will play there again soon.

"Great course"

frydaddy's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/18/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 9 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Plantation Lakes is a great course. Open & beautiful, but tough. I can't wait for the second nine to open in 2018. The staff is always friendly.

"Great experience BUT........"

Tim9157706's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/07/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 9 holes Average weather Verified Purchaser

Really liked the layout and several holes had you thinking about positioning the ball. The starter was very friendly. (even brought a cart to my vehicle before I even turned my truck off)

BUT.... the following was annoying.

-The course was wide open and we were early and the cashier in the pro shop wanted us to wait for our actual starting time 20 minutes later until we went out. (REALLY!?)

-The course maintenance staff were oblivious to golfers... wouldn't get out of the way or stop equipment even when they were yards away from us.

"Plantations"

jcollinspyramid's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/07/2016

Tough course with rolling hills, water hazzards and plenty of sand traps.

"Nice course, friendly and helpful staff"

jegibson7's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/05/2016

I have played this course 3 times. It is a great value. I will definitely play here again.

"Alot to learn"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/28/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 9 holes Average weather

Played 18. Course has a lot of potential. Hole 7,8 & 9 a bit shabby but to be fair, they need time to mature. Enjoyed 1 -6. Holes 2 &3 play very long. BUT grounds crew totally ignore golfers. Had to play shots over grounds crew. On one hole they actually pulled their maintenance cart right in front of me. I had to move my ball to play through while they continued to mow and trim. Crew is making a mess of their own fairways. Front desk people even more discourteous. It is an oxymoron to call this a "pro" shop. The only reason I gave staff friendliness a one star is because there was no lower rating. Course was enjoyable but not worth the aggravation. Too many other great courses in the area.

"Fun and Challenging"

rhfrankjr's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/18/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 9 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Not your typical 9 hole course. This was a very challenging course with 4 very long holes with a lot of water, sand traps, narrow fairways, and other hazards.Most of the course was in very good shape, except for two holes in the latter half, and one fairway was mostly crab grass. Very nice driving range and a bag of balls was included in the price. No place to clean off your spikes, and since the course was a bit soggy in places the cleats needed cleaning at the end of the round.

"Good day of golf"

DunleavM's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/15/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

I played this course with my wife, who is a non-golfer. It was very quiet so for the first 9 holes, when she played, there was no pressure from behind. For the second 9, when I was the only player, there was no one in front to slow us down. Except for the 7th and 8th holes (which looked like they were on a country course), the fairways were in good condition. The greens had just been aerated, so they were unplayable, but seemed to have good potential once they recover.

"Plantation Lakes, a diamond in the rough"

davegolf617's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/08/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Plantation Lakes (PL) is an Arthur Hills-designed course in the community of PL located in southern DE. PL has emerged from financial instability to become a sound, growing community, and they recently opened what will eventually be the back-nine of their golf course. The layout is very enjoyable and challenging, with the greens in very nice shape considering how new the course is. It really is a "thinking mans" course. The fairways, as one would expect, especially after the weather we've struggled through this year, have issues (3 fairways are close to being unplayable, with no cart traffic allowed). But one would expect that over time and with decent growing periods this fall and next spring, they should begin to fill in nicely. Distance marking and/or GPS availability is an issue which should also improve (hopefully) over the next several months. I would recommend that folks try Plantation Lakes, with reasonable expectations, and they will not be disappointed.

Commented on 09/16/2016

Thank you for the review and appreciate your comments. We're waiting on Google Earth to update this area before most GPS companies can map us. SkyCaddie did come out, we're just waiting on the results. We look forward to seeing you again.

"6 nice holes, 3 others need another year"

shess10's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/06/2016

Played today (September 6) for the first time since they opened this summer. There are nine holes and you play them twice. The course was empty so pace of play and the turn went fine. 6 holes seem well developed and the fairways are grown in. The last 3 holes probably need another year or two to let the fairways grow. Greens are mostly rock hard with only the par threes holding a shot. Some bunkers are fine and fully loaded with sand, others are still being formed and filled with dirt requiring a drop. The track itself seems to be quite nice and has promise for the future. Can recommend to others as long as you aable to obtain a fair price from golf now and limit your expectations.

I will be back.

Commented on 09/16/2016

Thank you for playing with us and for your review. Our newest holes (16-18) are still firm and are a little hard to hold. That'll get better with time thankfully. Our large bunkers are 'waste' bunkers in which you can ground your club. We turn the sand/soil mix over to eliminate the weeds. it takes a couple of days to have it dry out so we can smooth it over. (holes 12, 15 18). We look forward to seeing you again.

"Great Course!"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/26/2016

I feel very lucky to find this hidden gem. I can't wait to see the front nine completed with a permanent club house.

Commented on 09/16/2016

Thank you for your review. We're very glad you enjoyed our course. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

"Nice layout"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/25/2016

I was disappointed to find out it was 9 hole course.

But course was good condition and layout was good.

We played 9 hole twice and enjoyed it.

Direction to the clubhouse was not visible for new players, we wandered around complex for 15 minutes to find the clubhouse.

Commented on 09/16/2016

Thank you for playing and your review. There are signs located as you approach the circle from the main roads. We will have 18-holes sometime in 2018. We look forward to seeing you again.