Eastlake Country Club

3.4522000000 3.5 stars from 5 (418)

Gift this Course
  • 2375 Clubhouse Drive, Chula Vista, California 91915
  • www.eastlakecountryclub.com

Year built: 1991
Architect(s): Ted Robinson, Sr.
Type: Public
Greens: Bent grass
Fairways: Bluegrass and rye

Pull-carts: No
GPS: Yes

Practice bunker: No

Dress code: Golf attire is required; collared shirt, shorts are acceptable as long as the length is between the knee and four-inches above.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Championship 72 6606 yards 70.1 116
Back 72 6224 yards 68.4 113
Middle 72 5834 yards 66.4 108
Middle (W) 72 5834 yards 74.8 133
Forward 72 5118 yards 70.9 120

Average Rating 3.5 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city in the 'burbs worth the drive   Great for locals seniors beginners   Challenges include water hazards bunkers elevation changes   Great for drinks brunch watching the game

"Great day of golf"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/25/2017
Previously played Walked Perfect weather Verified Purchaser

The course was in good shape and the pace of play was pretty good - 4 hours and 10 minutes. We had to wait for a twosome in front of us a few times that were hacking it up, but other than that it was great.

"Slow day at Eastlake"

Tswagmcg63's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/22/2017

I am what I would consider to be a regular at Eastlake and have played this course for several years. The course is in the best shape I've seen or played it in nearly 10 years. I have one big issue with this course, the sand traps. They are amongst the worse traps I've seen anywhere in San Diego County, bar none. That said , I can see some improvement, but a quick fix would be to add somemore sand to all of them immediately. I like the course for the price and the staff is great. Keep it going by improving the traps and I think you'll have a gem of a course for everyone to enjoy!!!

Response from Eastlake on 05/26/2017:

Great! We're so happy to hear you loved the course and the conditions were on par. We hear you about the sand traps not being the sandiest they can be, we are working on getting those into shape so they are easier to hit out of. Your feedback is important to us, we can't wait to see you again.

"Hidden gem"

Irishgol4123's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/21/2017

I played this course when it first opened in the '90s. This course is in such great shape. It looks ilike it just opened The greens roll great. Nicely cut fairways. I will be playing again soon.

Response from Eastlake on 05/23/2017:

Awesome! Thanks for visiting us again, it's been a while. Thanks for enjoying the greens and your overall experience with us!

"Hidden Gem!"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/21/2017

I've played many courses in the San Diego area and I must say that this course was one of the best. The fairways and greens were in excellent condition. Narrow fairways require precise tee shots and small multi level greens require precision approach shots as well. It was a fun day at the course. It was also not over crowded at all. Highly recommend this course.

Response from Eastlake on 05/23/2017:

Thank you so much for recommending us! We're so glad you loved the course and the conditions were stellar. Come back and see us real soon!

"MOST BEAUTIFUL COURSE IN SAN DIEGO"

rokkoDG's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/20/2017

I played here by first time cause, years ago I've heard bad reviews about this one but, I decided give it a try and I was surprised, Its in AWESOME shape, Fairways are lush and is hard to find a divot, LAY OUT is really encouraging and challenging, is classy, and never gets boring.

The only thing maybe in 16th with a dry pond but its ok.

I recommend this course over bonita, riverwalk and even torrey pines.

"Great place to play"

stever921's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/17/2017

Course was tons of fun, good condition and greens were fast but consistent. Opportunity to score on every hole but not easy either. We enjoyed it so much the first day, came back the next afternoon

Response from Eastlake on 05/23/2017:

We're so glad you loved the course enough to return so soon! We can'twait to see you again.

fmfchief's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/13/2017

Response from Eastlake on 05/18/2017:

Thanks so much for this great rating, we're so glad you enjoyed your visit and saw great value playing here!

"Tourny issues"

RaiderNSanDiego's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/13/2017
Previously played Used cart

I had a chance to play at Eastlake four times in the past two months, two were weekend jaunts with friends and two were with tournaments. One thing that I noticed right off the bat was the shotgun start did not go as advertised, due to non-tournament members being afforded tee times prior to and during the published tee times for our tournament. This happening during one tournament constitutes a mistake two tournaments separate months this becomes bad behavior. I’ll have to tip my hat to one of the Staff members “Nate” for trying to accommodate my group (yes my group both times) as much as he could (8:00 shotgun started 8:21), once again thank you Nate for your outstanding customer service skills, EASTLAKE should really reward you for the extra ordinary effort shown.

The course was in good shape with the exception of the 90+percent of the sand traps, they were almost like playing off of caliche, vice soft, supple powder. As always the fairway first cuts will give you over confidence in your second/approach shots just to make you hit it “FAT” creating well more pain, hit’em straight….

Response from Eastlake on 05/18/2017:

We understand that the discrepancy for the tournaments must have been a bit frustrating to your round and your experience but we are so glad you had a wonderful experience while playing and one of our staff members made utmost effort to accomodate you. We will take this request to heart, thanks for noticing such exceptional customer service! We can't wait ot see you back again, thanks for your review.

"Always a great time"

kenzobabagrey's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/12/2017

I play a couple times a month and Eastlake is always in the rotation of courses. Weather conditions were great. We tee'd off at 7AM on a Saturday. Tee boxes, fairways and greens were perfect.

I found the green side bunker on the first but was able to get up and down to save par. My only complaint if you want to call it that would be there were a couple bunkers throughout that were a bit muddy from some standing water.

Eastlake is tough to beat for the value of conditions. We will continue to be back.

Course Difficulty:  Extremely Easy

Response from Eastlake on 05/18/2017:

We're so glad you saw great value playing here and the challenge was adequate. Happy to hear you'll be back soon, we can't wait to see you!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/10/2017

Response from Eastlake on 05/12/2017:

Thanks for rating us! We can't wait to see you back again!

"Really BAD bunkers"

philinda's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/10/2017

Love Eastlake, but the bunkers continue to be horrible. Thinking of putting a trowel in my bag to smooth out the "concrete". Except for that, EL continues to be fun, and playable for the average golfer. Greens were a bit shaggy this time but probably due to recent rain? Hope the bunkers can be improved with some real sand. That would make Eastlake a great course.

Response from Eastlake CC on 05/12/2017:

Bunkers were still in the process of being repaired due to 1.75 inches of rain we received this last Wednesday. Greens side bunkers should be finished by the end of today and fairway bunkers are to be addressed over the next couple of days.

"A well kept course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/04/2017

The course was very well kept. I enjoyed the water around the holes, very scenic. Bathroom was clean. Staff was friendly. The greens were in great shape . Overall a nice course to spend a golf day at.

Response from Eastlake on 05/09/2017:

Awesome! We're happy to hear you loved the scenery and the challenge as well. Glad to hear the staff was friendly, we'll pass along the compliments. Come back and enjoy another day of golf with us!

Chef72's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2017

Response from Eastlake on 05/04/2017:

Thank you for your rating, we hope to make it a 5-star experience for you the next time around. Let us know how we can improve your experience!

"Great course"

PatrickEnglish's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2017

Course in great condition. Staff were great. You meet the nicest people on the course.

Response from Eastlake on 04/24/2017:

We're so glad you enjoyed the course and our staff made your visit memorable. We can't wait to see you, thanks for noticing our conditions too!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/11/2017

Response from Eastlake Country Club on 04/20/2017:

Thank you for the feedback and four star rating! We are happy to see you enjoyed the staff friendliness, course layout, and course conditions! Thanks for stopping by Eastlake Country Club and have a great day!

Ccjones's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/09/2017

The course was in great shape and the staff was welcoming. However it was extremely slow paced. It took over reacting 5 hours to play around. Makes it extremely difficult to enjoy the round waiting almost 15 minutes for each shot.

Response from Eastlake CC on 04/12/2017:

We understand the pace of play was a bit frustrating as it might have been a bit slower duing your round. would you let us know which date/time you played so we can address the issue of pace at the course? Otherwise, we are so glad you enjoyed your overall experience at the course and your round was made more enjoyable by our friendly staff. We'll be sure to pass along the compliments and can't wait to see you back again!

"Great Shape!"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/04/2017

The course is in the best shape of any course I play. Only exception is that the sand in some of the bunkers is gravelly. Fairways are great, greens are nice even though punched recently, tee boxes are lush.

Response from Eastlake CC on 04/07/2017:

Awesome! Glad you loved the conditions, we've been working hard to ensure the best possible conditions for your visit. We are working towards the best bunker conditions as well, keep coming back!

"good value"

harddraw's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/29/2017

Called the shop and was told the greens were 95 % recovered from aeriation and that was correct. The fairways are mostly good for Southern California courses. Bunkers are inconsistent, but at the price point, I've got no complaints. The staff is always friendly. Normally play as a single here and usually meet some nice folks to join. The wind plays a factor in the afternoon, especially on the back side. It's a great course to play.

Response from Eastlake CC on 04/04/2017:

We're so happy to hear you enjoyed the golf course and the conditions and staff were up to par, making your experience a great one during your visit. We are working towards the best bunker conditions possible for your next round, our management is addressing any concerns here. We look forward to seeing you back again at Eastlake CC!

"Great"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/26/2017

The only complaint That i have is at the golf cart need some improvement .

Response from Eastlake CC on 03/30/2017:

Glad you loved the course, thanks for this awesome rating! We will audit our carts and take the necessary steps to ensure it is up to any expectations. We must ask, which cart (if known) did you have and what kind of improvements specifically can we make to it to improve your experience? The more detail the better, so that we may address any potential problems. Your feedback is important to us.

u000004411929's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/26/2017

Response from Eastlake CC on 03/28/2017:

We love our fans! Thank you!