Eastlake Country Club

Pull-carts: No
GPS: Yes

Practice bunker: No

Dress code: Golf attire is required; collared shirt, shorts are acceptable as long as the length is between the knee and four-inches above.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Championship 72 6606 yards 70.1 116
Back 72 6224 yards 68.4 113
Middle 72 5834 yards 66.4 108
Middle (W) 72 5834 yards 74.8 133
Forward 72 5118 yards 70.9 120

Location is convenient to the city in the 'burbs worth the drive   Great for locals seniors beginners   Challenges include water hazards bunkers elevation changes   Great for drinks brunch watching the game

uMFZV5132MF's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/13/2017

Response from EastLake Management on 11/15/2017:

Thank you for the 4-star review! Please come back and visit us soon!

"Bounce back"

uENJW2504EN's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/09/2017

A month ago the course was in terrible shape now it is in great shape. The greens are so much better.

Response from EastLake Country Club on 11/13/2017:

Thank you so much for the spectacular review. 5-star feedback is what we strive to achieve. We are glad you had an incredible time and hope to see you again soon.

"Disappointing"

David2946678's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/06/2017

A friend recommended this course but hadn’t played it in a few years. American Golf is doing a terrible job with the upkeep of the course! Greens were soft like shag carpet. Fairways were long like playing from the rough and very dry in spots. Off the fairways were dirt and grass that looked like it hadn’t been mowed in weeks. Not a good experience.

"Cool Monday on the course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/06/2017

Eastlake is a good course, it's going through maintenance and my only problem was with the bunkers, they need to get real golf sand in them. Most of the greens are good, some in repair. It's really decent considering the alterations that are happening.

Response from EastLake Management on 11/08/2017:

Thank you for the 4-star review! We are working hard to make our course one of the best in California! Hope to see you back soon.

"Course Condition Improved"

Tonynst's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/05/2017

I love this course and have played here for more than 10 years.The fairway condition has been so poor and ragged with so many bare areas for a few months but new green grass has grown up by the recent

course maintenance and great efforts by club staff.

I think the shape and condition will be perfect within 2 weeks. Hoping some of bare spots will be repaired shortly and that the condition and shape will be well maintained through the year.

Response from EastLake Management on 11/08/2017:

Thank you for the 4-star review! Eastlake is really starting to come around! Hope to see you soon!

"East lake golf course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/05/2017

Was a great day for golf. Wasn't too warm, almost perfect conditions. It's a lovely course and always enjoys a round there. I'm sure to return for a round again soon.

J

Response from EastLake Management on 11/08/2017:

Thank you for the 4-star review! Hope to see you at the course again soon!

Sross's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/22/2017

Response from EastLake Management on 10/24/2017:

Thank you for the 3-star review! Please come back and visit us soon!

"This is a fun course"

penny001's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/01/2017

I have playe at Eastlake many times before and it is one of my favorite courses because of the layout and the friendliness of the staff. I will give Eastlake staff time to try and fix the course as it sits now it is not worth going the 4th green is healing and the 14th green should be closed it is not in any condition to be played. I hope the overseeding works because this is truly a nice course. Fix the greens and fairways and I will return to play one a week like I did for a very long time

Response from EastLake Management on 10/06/2017:

Thank you for the review! Please come back and visit us in November. We should be healed up nicely.

"Horrible Course Conditions"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/01/2017

Today a friend and I decided to play Eastlake Country Club. The first two holes seemed to be fine, but as we approached the third hole we noticed that there was no flag up on the green of the par 3. In fact the flag had been moved down the slope fairly short of the green and in the middle of the rough. It was literally unplayable. Every hole from there on was a dirt lot. The entire fairway on holes 4-9 also could not be played. After the 7th hole we had had enough. We commented to the gentleman that we were paired with and he mentioned he hadn't played there in a year because of the attitude of the staff. I did not experience any attitude but he did comment. He agreed that the course conditions were unbearable. I made a phone call to GolfNow as I had booked my tee time through them. The gentleman I spoke with called the course in order to express my displeasure. When he returned to the phone he told me that the pro shop had agreed to give us a rain check but that we should request a full refund based on what I had told him regarding course conditions. Apon speaking with the gentleman in the pro shop he then tells us that the course grass has some sort of virus and that it has gotten extremely out of hand this year. He then apologized and had no argument to our frustration. He proceeded to then tell us that Easlake will be tearing up the entire course next week and installing 20,000lbs of seed in order to overgrown the grass and then trim it back. So Eastlake obviously understands that the course is currently unplayable but continues to have patrons pay regular admission. In the end he asked repeatedly how many holes we had completed. When we gave him a total he prorates the rain check and advises us we should not use it until mid November because of the course construction.

Response from EastLake Management on 10/02/2017:

Ben, we would like to apologize for your frustration. It is our goal to provide the best experience possible, at the moment, we are working hard to getting our course back into top shape. As informed in the pro shop, our conditions will improve in November. Please come back and visit us soon.

ThomasWilliams2's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/28/2017

Course is in terrible condition, Groundsmen are not doing a good job. Lots of dry and dead grass on fairways. Some greens are a disgrace. I won't go back.

Response from EastLake Management on 10/02/2017:

Hi Thomas, we ask that you please be patient with us. We are currently working on our course. We will be doing an extensive overseed and our course should be in great shape! Thank you!

"good value"

harddraw's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/28/2017

greens were good, fairways sparse. bunkers are hard dirt, but at a good price including cart, it's a great value. staff is very friendly, nice grass range. people at Eastlake tend to be very nice. good course to go as a single player.

Response from EastLake Management on 10/02/2017:

Thank you for the 4-star review! Please be sure to visit us again soon!

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/28/2017

Response from EastLake Management on 10/02/2017:

Please be patient with our golf course. We will be undergoing a massive overseed to bring the course back to great conditions. Our goal is to make sure our quests have the best experience possible. Please feel free to reach out to the Pro Shop if you would like to discuss this further.

nchokeir's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/04/2017

Response from EastLake Country Club on 09/06/2017:

Hello, Nahme. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 4-stars. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off.

rvillafana's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/04/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

Response from EastLake Country Club on 09/06/2017:

Hi, Rafael. Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing EastLake Country Club, we hope to see you again soon.

"What happened to this course?"

Aggie13's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/03/2017
Previously played Used cart

This used to be a nice course! The last time I played this course was over 2 years ago, now i remembered why I didn't go back.

Response from EastLake Country Club on 09/06/2017:

Hi, Aggie. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We understand your frustrations and are looking to see what we can do to improve. The way you have provided your feedback does not offer us any room to grow or change. Making comments that cut down the course are not helpful to us or any golfers reading your review. We encourage you to update your review to fit a more constructive form so we can use your experience to make changes. Thanks for playing Eastlake Country Club.

"A sock that the course is such conditions"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/28/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

I have played this course many times over the years. I was socked to see this time the management had let it goes into such a poor condition. The fairways were literally liked cow pasture. Two greens are not playable. At this moment, I will not play here even for free. I hope the management will bring it back to its original condition or better.

Response from EastLake Country Club on 09/06/2017:

Hello, Justin. We are sorry to hear you were shocked* by the conditions of the course. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We understand your frustrations and are looking to see what we can do to improve. The way you have provided your feedback does not offer us any room to grow or change. Making comments that cut down the course are not helpful to us or any golfers reading your review. We encourage you to update your review to fit a more constructive form so we can use your experience to make changes. Thanks for playing EastLake Country Club.

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/28/2017

Response from EastLake Country Club on 09/06/2017:

Hi, Rod.Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing EastLake Country Club, we hope to see you again soon.

"Sunday golf"

dmrobert's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/27/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Tee boxes were fine. One of the par 3's had a makeshift green, which grass was not a green. bumpy & bad. Didn't mind the fairways, not good condition except on a very hot day to walk across fairway to ball (no carts allowed) was difficult. Courses should advise players of conditions prior to paying & playing. Pace from 8th hole to 18th was waiting 5-8 minutes.

Response from EastLake Country Club on 09/06/2017:

Hello, Donna. Let us first say that we are so glad to hear you enjoyed the tee boxes and staff. These are all things we work hard to create a seamless experience with so you can focus on enjoying yourself and let us do the rest. We also want to thank you for your honest and constructive criticism of the course. As you can tell from past reviews, not all feedback is created equal. Your comments about our temporary greens and pace of play are presented in a way we can incorporate them into actual change. We are going to escalate your review to our team in charge and do everything we can to improve before your next game. Thank you for visiting and playing at EastLake Country Club. We hope to see you again soon!

"Depressing"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/22/2017

I was really disappointed with the course. I had not played here in a couple of years. Fairways have very little grass and an unusually large amount of mud. The greens are really beat up. This is really sad. I hope they can turn this around, because when this course is in good shape it is really fun to challenge.

Response from EastLake Country Club on 09/06/2017:

Hello, Harry. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recovery the fairways and greens from their heavy play this season. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to see you rated the pace of play to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing EastLake Country Club, we hope to see you again soon.

"What happenned to EASTLAKE??"

rokkoDG's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/19/2017
Previously played Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

This is my second review of the year, and is sad to notice that the course was treated this way, 5 MONTHS ago I rated this one as the best of SD, It was lush, green and a dry patch was hard to find.

Now is DRY, or WORSE, I know is summer but in several holes fairway is dirt rather than dry grass.

Please see the pictures, some greens were aerated but in the wrong way.

Eastlake

Response from Eastlake on 08/23/2017:

We're sorry to hear the course conditions have not been up to par with what you're used to and the stellar conditions we have maintained over the season this year. We assure you we are aware of the concern here and are working towards improving the conditions so that you can come out and enjoy the course again at a later time. We do appreciate your feedback, it is important to us.