Dry Creek Ranch Golf Course

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive in the 'burbs   Great for locals advanced golfers walkers   Challenges include bunkers narrow fairways water hazards   Great for drinks 19th hole specials patio dining

"Wont be going there again"

guthery2004's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/01/2017

Very dissatisfied. I was charged full price for a cart. I explained that I may need to leave before I could finish my round for personal reasons and I was told they had to charge me for the cart if I wouldn't ride with a total stranger they wanted me to ride with. This course juts lot a 2-4 times a week player who would of played there more if I had better experience.

"Gem!!!"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/01/2017

I kept hearing about this course, so I had to go check it out. The staff was extremely friendly & the course was beautiful! The greens were fast & although plenty of people were out playing, the pace was good.

Bigcat59's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/25/2017

"Nice layout"

492sunset's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/19/2017

I've read reviews that said this course was tough with a lot of trees but I've seen a lot worse. There are some dog legs that challenge you to be creative but that's what makes it more fun and gives you a little practice on how to shape your ball and some of those trees you can just carry over them. A couple of the greens were a little bumpy but most of them were in fine shape. The fairways were short grass. My girlfriend liked getting that extra roll. It was a beautiful day and we had a great time.

RandyVance's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/13/2017

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/24/2017

"Very Difficult at best"

JoeCox's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/18/2017

The staff was a little more friendly than the last time I played. The fairways had very wet and muddy spots the in addition to the several trees made it difficult to play well. The greens were soggy and wet, but no standing water like lat time. Like wanking on sponges. Balls do not role true. Very heavy rough around the greens, makes the short chip shots difficult to get close to the pin.

"Too Many trees"

JoeCox's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/11/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

This course has the most unfriendly staff I have ever seen. One would think the players were an inconvenience to the staff. They complained about the Golfnow fees do not make any money for them and insist that their be no singles using their carts. They want a single to weight for a 2nd rider until one comes along and are rude. The course has many very high and overgrown trees that make it difficult to score a good round without hitting under the branches and between the trees. There was standing water on one of the greens about 3 inches deep. If we were not playing a tournament here I would avoid it.

1murphy's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/29/2017

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/25/2017

"Fast play, good green fees"

yippi427's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/21/2017

Very fast play, low green fees, course overall condition was good.

"Pleasantly surprised"

Brauski's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/16/2017

Haven't played here this year but many times previous years. Frankly, I quit coming as the quality and overall upkeep was diminishing. However, I saw lush fairways, clean fluffy traps, well kept greens and minimal broken branches and debris around. Although, the ponds do need to be cleaned and strained of muck to improve the look. It's the same small pro shop and ageing restaurant but I come to play golf and enjoy the course experience more than anything. This place has improved and now a favorite for value!

u000008102055's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/31/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

"Great value with a Hot Price on an old school course !"

Tim6200562's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/30/2017

Played here 4-5 times about 10 years ago, liked it OK, moved away & hadn't played here since - but was going to be passing through on highway 99 with some extra time, so when I found a great Hot Price, I thought I'd stop and play 18 and check it out. Was curious to see what shape it was in after being majorly flooded for a few months after all the winter rains. I was a little concerned after reading some recent negative reviews, but booked it anyway & figured for the great price I got, I could quit after 9 if it was really that bad.

Yes, the pro shop looks dated (mostly due to all the apparel being shown with plastic covers), yes, the gentleman there is older and not the friendliest chap you'll ever meet, yes, the brakes on my cart sucked, yes, the course is MUCH longer than newer courses are, yes, some of the greens aren't in the best of shape, yes, there are a LOT of trees that make some fairways on the narrow side, and yes, the ponds on #4 (?) are pretty scuzzy, totally covered with algae. My answer to all that is : so what ! I got a super price at a good time of day, enjoyed playing a course where I was challenged by the length, (and if it's too long for your game, just move up to the next tees - isn't the whole idea to enjoy your round ? - who cares which tees you end up hitting off ?!) I hit my drive into the trees a few times, but enjoyed the challenge of breaking out the good ol' "grab a 3 iron & punch it out as far as your can" shot, and made it around in less than 3 hours, even having to go through 3 other groups on each side ( I did play as a single, and HATE slow golf, so would NEVER try this place on a weekend.)

So - if it's a "Trump National" experience you're craving, avoid this place like the plague. But - if you want a challenging but fair (& fun ) round on an old-school course in your basic muni-like condition - and at a GREAT price (if you can find a Hot Price tee time that works for you ) then by all means, give Dry Creek a try ! (& leave after nine if you aren't enjoying yourself !)

Frank7929392's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/19/2017

"Good Times"

silvi123's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/17/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

For a 8:50 tee time we played in 4 hours eventhough we were a two some. Too many groups in front to play through but it was a good relaxing day

Course Difficulty:  Extremely Easy

Commented on 11/04/2017

You are the only review indicating this course is extremely easy. I agree with most other reviews that the trees make it a challenge.

"Challenging"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/08/2017

The 13th tee box is 400 yards away from my house but I seldom play here. It wasn't until tonight that I had a real change of heart. Dry Creek was underwater this last winter from the large-scale flooding in the area. They have since recovered and quite nicely I might add. Chris, the owner, is incredibly friendly and accommodating and he's doing good work in making Dry Creek a gem in south Sac County. This is without question one of the most challenging courses you'll find in the area. The fairways are narrow and there are trees everywhere. Some people don't like that I guess, but I'm perfectly happy with the challenge. For instance, I'm a 19 handicap and I shot a 104 tonight and I couldn't be happier. The downside however are the greens. They are pretty much awful. Very unforgiving, soft and slow, and riddled with dead spots. If you can ignore that aspect of it and accept all 2-putts, then you'll be as happy as I was tonight. It's a great course notwithstanding and they've come a long way.

Now, there are some other downsides as well. The course is split by a freeway so the 11th isn't much fun. The pro-shop is cluttered, antiquated and staffed by an old codger who doesn't much care for newcomers (it seems). I haven't been inside the bar since 2015 so I can't speak to that. But none of that bothers me much. What really bugs me is the green fees. Expect to pay $45-$50 to ride 18. Standard pricing, right? Well remember what I said about the greens?

So I will continue to play Dry Creek so long as I can get the Hot Deal and get out there for $18. Dry Creek, I hope in the coming years, will only improve and become popular enough to drive down the cost.

Commented on 09/13/2017

No homes 400 yards away from 13th tee box. Only place close is off 99 and Liberty Rd. High School use to practice there but, owner is not friendly so the both high school teams had to move. Now they have to travel to Emerald Lakes to practice. No residential rate. Drive by and look how empty the parking lot is.

"Nice course."

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/04/2017

Course was in good condition, (especially considering the terrible winter and flooding that affected them this past winter). Hole to hole signage I feel could've been marked a little better, but the layout was good. Allot of trees, beautiful backdrops. Only thing that I was disappointed in was the carts. Brakes on both our carts were terribly out of adjustment, and my carts windshield was duct taped over an approximate 18" crack. Aside from that we thoroughly enjoyed our round.

"great hot deal on a hot day"

eminiman's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/03/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

went golfing around 1ish... a good size of golfers just finished a tournament...

So the course was wide open after that...

Im pretty new golfer just 3 years... and this course can be a challenge with all the dog legs and plenty tress especially back nine...

I will come again had a lot fun and had a hotdog and beer afterwards and talked with the staff...

Hot days afternoon its wide open if you like early before the heat then join the rest of them like all golf courses I guess...

"Cart sharing"

Troyp20's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/29/2017

I teed off paired with two others. After the 1st hole the Marshal comes and drops off another gentlemen and says we have to share a cart. It was the only time I have ever had to share a cart with a complete stranger. The other gentlemen missed the 1st hole even though he was on time. The starter sent us out early.