Chateau Elan Golf Club - Woodlands Course

4.1642000000 4.2 stars from 5 (247)

• 6060 Golf Club Dr, Braselton, Georgia 30517, Barrow County
  • (800) 233-9463, (678) 425-6050
  • www.chateauelan.com

Year built: 1996
Architect(s): Denis Griffiths (1996)
Type: Resort
Greens: Bent Grass
Fairways: Bermuda Grass

Golf school / academy: Yes - "Dave Pelz Golf School"

Dress code: No Denim; Collared shirt required for men.
Credit cards accepted: Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Burgundy (W) 72 4850 yards 69.2 129

Location is at a resort worth the drive in the 'burbs   Great for advanced golfers a weekend splurge entertaining clients   Challenges include elevation changes bunkers forced carries   Great for drinks brunch patio dining

"Need ranger"

65mph's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/24/2017

Course is in great shape. It does need an out staff that understands course management. Starter sends 4 groups to tee box at 1 time. I knew I was looking at 6 hours. Played 12 holes in 4.15 mins!!! Then drove in and saw 1 group playing from tips that would have had trouble from red tee, no ranger!!!! Then watched group of 5 playing next hole. 16, 17 and 18 wide open. Just don't play on weekend!!!

Commented on 11/27/2017

Thank you for your honest review. We appreciate the feedback and we will take a closer looking into any pace of play issues on the weekend. Thank you for making us aware of the situation and we hope to see you again in the near future.

"Nice all around course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/23/2017

Greens were perfect, a little fast, and breaking true. Yet, greens are soft enough to hold approach shots.

Fairways and tees where beautiful.

Commented on 11/27/2017

Hi "u889493904" Thank you for the great review. We appreciate the feedback and hope to see you again soon.

"Great Course at Chateau Elan"

Batterzup's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/22/2017

We play at Chateau Elan often and always enjoy being there. The staff is excellent, from bag drop to pro shop and lounge. The Woodlands course is not my favorite, as opposed to Chateau, which is a little more open. Some greens were a little spotty, as some weather may have gotten to it, but the tee-boxes, fairways, traps and area around greens are always superb. This is a great course for the intermediate golfer, as well as the experienced ones. Might be a little challenging for newcomers. For a real treat, head to lunch or dinner at Chateau hotel and get a great meal afterwards.

Commented on 11/27/2017

Hi "Batterzup" Thank you for the review. We appreciate the great feedback and hope to see you again this weekend. Thanks for coming out!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/09/2017

Commented on 11/15/2017

Hi "GreenPanda" Thank you for the 4-Star review! Please come back and see us again soon.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/30/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Commented on 11/03/2017

Thank you for the 4-Star review!

"I'll be back..."

JT1350's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/25/2017

Well maintained course, carts, clubhouse, great staff... Greens in great shape, but challenging.

Commented on 12/01/2017

Hi "JT1350" Thank you for the great review. We appreciate the feedback and hope to see you again this weekend. Don't forget to check out our extended Black Friday special which comes with a bottle of wine or sleeve of prov1's on our online store!

"Very nice"

capoon4th's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/25/2017

Greens, fairways, and tee boxes were very nice. Bunkers were not raked, but that seems to be a trend among a lot of courses these days. Love the layout.

Commented on 10/31/2017

Thank you for the review. We appreciate you coming out to see us and are so glad you enjoyed your round. We try to enforce proper golf course etiquette, which is a work in progress these days. Thank you for coming out and we hope to see you again this weekend.

"woodlands-chateau elan"

seminole115's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/17/2017

This course is in great shape right now and always plays longer than you think. It makes you use every club in your bag and the greens are plush. A challenge for any handicap golfer.

Commented on 10/24/2017

Thank you for the great review. We are so glad you enjoyed the challenging layout of the course. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again in the near future.

"Great course, but challenging too!"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/14/2017

Having now played both the Chateau and the Woodlands courses, I will say that the Woodlands is a little longer and a little more challenging! Both are kept in excellent condition and both are fun to play! I want to also compliment the staff for their friendliness. Highly recommended to everyone!

Commented on 10/17/2017

Hi "u9533869" Thank you for the excellent review! We really appreciate the kind words regarding our wonderful staff. The woodlands course can be very challenging but we are glad you were able to conquer it. Please tell your friends about us and we hope to see you again in a few weeks.

"What a great course"

uKZNB4383KZ's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/01/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

I had the pleasure of playing this course on 10/1/17. I was originally supposed to play the day before and I called the pro shop ahead of time and they were able to accommodate me by shifting my tee time to the following day even though it was booked through GolfNow, which was very nice of them. Thank you Pat!

The course itself was in great condition and I managed to play 18 holes in 2.5 hours as a single player. Will definitely be back to play their other courses! Thank you again!

Commented on 10/04/2017

Hi "uKZNB4383KZ" Thank you for the great review. We were so glad our staff could properly accommodate you. We appreciate you coming out and hope you will give our other courses a try next time. Thanks for playing.

"LUV This Couse!"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/24/2017

I will always rate this course high. It is always in good shape, well maitained and staff is friendly and attentive. We played as a twosome on Sunday morning, so we had to wait on some holes but that's expected. Greens are soft enough to show pitch marks but rolled true. I wish players would repair theirs plus one more like I was taught to do. Par 3s are nice and long to try my longer irons. Can't wait to come back!!

Commented on 09/27/2017

Hi "u3907065" Thank you for you excellent review. We appreciate the feedback and we are working on relaying the message to all golfers about repairing their pitch marks. Thank you for coming out and we hope to see you again this weekend!

"First impressions"

14stix's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/09/2017

Nice layout. Fun track. Bent grass greens were playable considering it was punched a couple weeks prior. Would play this course again for sure!!

Commented on 09/12/2017

Hi "14stix" Thank you for the awesome review! We are so glad you gave us a try and appreciate your patience after the recent aerification. Thanks for the review, and we hope to see you again in a few weeks once the greens have fully healed.

"Past customer, will return"

jczarchitect's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/05/2017

I had played the Woodlands course before so I know the layout fairly well. For this review, I knew the greens were aerated within the past 10 days so my expectation weren't that great for their condition. Surprisingly, the greens were not that bad and the overall round turned out to be quite enjoyable.

Commented on 09/08/2017

Hi "jczarchitect" Thank you for the great review! We appreciate your patience after the recent aerification and are glad that we surprised you with our fast transition. Thank you so much for coming out and we hope to see you again in the next few weeks after our greens have fully healed.

ye0714's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/04/2017

Commented on 09/06/2017

Hi "ye0714" Thank you for the review, we appreciate the star rating and hope to see you again in the near future.

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/03/2017

Commented on 09/06/2017

Hi "u7331604" Thank you for the review, we hope to see you again in the near future so that we can increase your 3-star review into 5-stars.

"Great Course"

mkrmoon's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/02/2017

I loved the course, with the exception of the green being airated the course was in great shape.

Commented on 09/14/2017

Hi "mkrmoon" Thank you for the excellent review. We appreciate your patience as the course is currently going through aerificiation. We appreciate you coming out and hope to see you in a few weeks when the course is fully healed. Thanks!

"Take your lunch"

mbennett10's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/02/2017

Course was great, you don't return to the clubhouse until your done, Cart girl only had 3 snacks, Peanuts, peanut crackers or nut granola. so if you can't eat nuts your out of luck, don't order in club house either ,poor service with cold hot dog.

Commented on 09/06/2017

Hi "mbennett10" Thank you for the honest review. We appreciate the feedback and will take a closer look into adding more food options to the beverage cart. Thank you for making us aware of the situation and we hope to see you again in the near future.

"Terrific Course in great condition (except greens)"

RettJ's avatar
Georgia Advisor

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/26/2017

The course was great and fantastic. I have played this course several times before and I always like playing the course because it is a great layout with some beautiful golf holes and the course is always in great condition, except the greens. The greens are always soft and receptive, but because they are soft and receptive, there are ball marks everywhere on the course. The course needs to give out ball mark repair tools to players because it seems as though everyone playing the course does not repair their ball marks. I repaired three or four ball marks on each and every green but it still seems as though their ball marks everywhere. The foursome in front of me was AWFUL. I was a single and I had four Asians ahead of me who never once offered to let me play through even though I was at the tee box in my cart of at least seven holes while they were still teeing off. I never once saw them once repair a ball mark nor rake a sand trap (and they were in a lot of sand traps) because I was watching them while I was waiting for them on pretty much every single hole. I have NEVER seen more inconsiderate, rude golfers in my entire life. Other than the four golfers in front of me who were HORRIBLE, I had a great time and I always love the course and the layout and condition of the course. I would highly recommend the course, especially when you get a great deal on Golf Now.com.

Commented on 09/01/2017

Hi "RettJ" Thank you for the review. We are trying to get all of our golfers to repair ball marks on the greens as we know this is a big issue during the hot summer months. Thank you for making us aware of the situation and we apologize that the group in front of you would not let you play through. Please call the golf shop next time around as we may be able to fix the situation in the future. Thanks for coming out and hope to see you again soon!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/20/2017

Course was in excellent shape. Drinking water was very cold.

Commented on 08/22/2017

Hi "u000005659351" Thank you for the excellent review. We appreciate the great compliments and hope to see you again soon!

"shattered memories"

nobignumbers's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/18/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

My son and I had played the Woodlands course some years ago and it was different from our memory. Though while not the nostalgic revisit we had anticipated, it is still a quality course and a good experience. A good bit of home building has gone on, especially on the front nine and elevation changes are more dramatic than memory provided. The greens suffer from players' inattention to their ball marks, but otherwise the course was in very good condition.

Commented on 08/22/2017

Hi "nobignumbers " Thank you for the review and we are glad you enjoyed your experience at the course today. Thank you for coming out and we hope to see you again in the near future.