Lake Spivey Golf Club

Architect(s): D. J. DeVictor
Type: Semi-Private
Greens: Bent Grass

Caddies: No

Dress code: Proper attire is required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Tees | Layout

Grey 72 5558 yards 67.3 120

Average Rating 4.1 stars from 5

Location is near the airport convenient to the city worth the drive   Great for locals seniors advanced golfers   Challenges include water hazards bunkers narrow fairways   Great for drinks brunch

"Worth It"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/20/2017

Course in good shape,greens are very green not to fast but be aware of rollout. I enjoyed playing it from the blues. There were 2/3 greens under repair but overall nice track to play.

Course Response on 01/23/2017:

Thank you for your review! We hope to have you back again once those holes are finished being repaired!

"Greens"

Joseph2819232's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/13/2017

This is a nice challenging layout, my only problem is the greens needs some tender loving care.

Course Response on 01/17/2017:

Thank you for your review and feedback Joseph! We appreciate your recommendation as we continuously strive to improve our golfers' experiences in every aspect around the course! We look forward to your next visit!

"Lake spivey"

slappy66's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/03/2016

Course was very enjoyable. Staff was very helpful and friendly. This was my first trip to Georgia and enjoyed the round. Course layout was nice fairways were a little dry due to lack of rain but the greens were fabulous. Clubhouse was very nice. Overall was a great experience.

Commented on 11/07/2016

Thank you for the great review slappy66! We're glad you enjoyed your experience at Lake Spivey, and we appreciate your feedback on the course conditions!

"Nice Course even better price"

Daddylongstroke21's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/24/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

I found this course to be very affordable. Greens were good on 15/18 holes. Tee boxes were good. I enjoyed the open layout, and the signage was good, which most of the neighborhood golf courses are not. I will be returning to play here!

Commented on 10/27/2016

Thank you for your review! Looking forward to having you back!

We run promotions from time to time. If you'd like to know when they're going on, sign up here: http://www.lakespivey.net/email-club/

"Nice layout. Needs maintenance."

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/15/2016

The back nine is really great on this course. Tight from the tee because of the trees but visually stunning. Greens small and undulating. All the makings of a top course... Except for all the 'brown'. This place is DRIED OUT. Very few patches of grass in the fairways. Only 2 or 3 greens were decent. Why don't they water this place? Could be a solid four star course if it got some water.

Commented on 10/18/2016

Thank you for your review and we appreciate your feedback as we continuously strive to improve in any way we can.

"Good course in need of water"

Patrick9222372's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/28/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

Played here on a GolfNow Hotdeal. Made it an absolute steal. Driving range is off grass which is always good. Good and fun design especially the back nine. Only issue when playing here for the first time is how to avoid the OOB (gardens belonging to the housing next to the holes) which is right next to some cart paths. Overall upkeep was average, which was mainly caused by a lack of water on some fairways, a number of teeboxes (17 was like concrete) and one or two greens. Would really like to come back in spring to see this course when it is in good condition.

Oh, and the 19th hole was a blast!

Commented on 11/07/2016

Thank you for your review Patrick! We appreciate your feedback on the course, and are glad you enjoyed the 19th hole! Hope to see you back again soon.

"Enjoyable course"

ackman13's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/21/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 9 holes Excellent weather

I have played this course several times. I love the course layout and the moderately challenging layout. Staff is always friendly and accomodating.

I always hit a basket of balls and warm up on the putting green before playing. Some of the greens have suffered slightly due to the. Heat this summer but, overall, they are in good shape.

If you want a good place to play and are close to the course I would recommend you give it a try.

Commented on 09/26/2016

Thank you for the recommendation ackman13! Glad you enjoy our course!

"Love the Layout but Dry."

605156's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/08/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

I love this course because it plays very fair and most holes are "what you see is what you get". The greens have been watered but most still have some dead spots. They don't appear to water the fairways so they are very dry but not completely gone. The course is still playable but they need rain.

Commented on 09/12/2016

Thank you for your review! While we keep doing our version of a "Rain Dance," we hope that we'll see you again soon!

"Great service"

riverdalejim's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/06/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Had a good time. love the 19th. hole, we use this hole to replace our worse par-4 hole score. Not the bar there is actually a 19th hole.

Commented on 09/14/2016

Hi riverdalejim,

Thank you for your review! We're glad you enjoyed your experience (and were able to improve your score on 19)!

"NCGA TOUR"

madmoney23's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/13/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Course has a lot of blind tee shots and the out of bounds markers are on the cart path next to the homes. You can be on the other side f the cart path and be out of bounds with only a 20 feet chip to the green. This is not golf and I understand homes on the golf course. Stay in the fairway and get reward for good shots. bad shots will punish your scorecard. Keep your Driver in your bag for the last five holes.

Commented on 09/08/2016

Thank you for your review madmoney23! We hope you enjoyed your round and we see you back at the course again!

"Dog Track"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/13/2016
First time playing Walked Played 18 holes Good weather

Dog Track of a course, terrible conditions for the money paid. It's worth $20 riding, not $40.

Commented on 09/08/2016

Hello u683800218,

We're sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your experience at the course. We will look to improve on our course conditions and value.

-Lake Spivey Management

"Great but need to water tee boxes more"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/24/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Overall: Excellent course for the value.

Course Play: Some interesting layouts for par 5s. Plenty of blind tee shots, but for the most part you can grip it and rip it off the tee.

Course Condition: Greens rolled nicely and were in good shape except for a few bald spots here and there. It is clear that they use their water for greens and near the greens first, then fairways, and if there's a couple of drops left, the tee boxes get a sprinkle. Some tee boxes were basically a layer of dirt with harder dirt underneath that. If they did one thing better, it would be water the fairways and tee boxes more - it's likely a cost thing that is keeping them from doing it.

Staff: Everyone we dealt with was great, from the pro shop to the starter to the bartender.

Commented on 08/01/2016

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback and will address it internally as we are constantly working toward improving our course. Thanks for playing with us and we hope to see you again soon!

"Mr Norton"

BamaJama's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/02/2016

It was the Fourth of July weekend, so the course was packed but no cart girl. Just saying.

Commented on 07/13/2016

We're sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Fourth of July is one of our busiest weekends so we tried our best to keep everything moving and organized. We hope you decide to come back and play again!

"A gem of a course"

Cedric3640135's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/16/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

Wow, this may be the best kept secret south of Atlanta. For the money, this course is in OUTSTANDING shape. The tee boxes are okay, but the fairways (minus #18) are in really good shape. In my experience, many of the less expensive golf courses don't put enough water on their fairways - not a problem with this course. The greens were receptive and rolled true.

The layout is so "golfer-friendly". Several holes offer unique challenges - but are not super crazy hard (holes 1, 9, 10, and 17 come to mind). Playing again this week - this time bringing my 2 boys. Keep up the good work!

Commented on 07/01/2016

Thank you for your 5 star review, Cedric! We are so happy to hear about your great round on our course. Looking forward to having you back with your boys!

"Great value for the $$$"

Tracy7550031's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/14/2016

Always a great time and you can't beat the hot deals here. The only thing they have to work on is the tee boxes. If you can find some grass on them they are like conceret. Several time I had to move back five or six feet to even come close to being able to put a tee in the ground. But that won't keep me from returning. Great times.

Commented on 06/21/2016

Thank you for the review and constructive criticism, Tracy! We're continuously working to perfect our conditions and we appreciate your patience.

"Great local course"

Plays:  Once every three months

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/10/2016

Fun place to play close to home and decently forgiving for the players like myself that are novice and don't hit the straightest all the time

Commented on 06/21/2016

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review, u000007935101! Please come and see us again!

"Surprisingly good"

Greg1101240's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/03/2016

I was expecting the course to be in rough shape based on playing there a couple of years ago. I was pleasantly surprised at how good it played. The greens were in good shape save 2 or 3 that needed attention. The fairways were in decent shape. The tee boxes need work. Otherwise, I enjoyed the found and will be back. They also have a full service bar and restaurant. Get the grouper sandwich.

Commented on 06/07/2016

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review, Greg1101240! We're glad to hear that you found the course much-improved. And you're right, the grouper is fantastic!

"Great value just outside the city."

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/30/2016
First time playing Used cart Excellent weather

Enjoyed playing here and will definitely return.

Commented on 06/21/2016

Thank you for the review, u369533679! We're so glad that you enjoyed your round and we look forward to seeing you again!

"Great Value"

DJZee1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/15/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

The greens were in good shape, however the tee boxes were like rock, and not always positioned the best. A little confusing getting around the first time, going through neighborhoods and winding cart paths crossing over each other. The back nine added more confusion on where to play some tee shots, so that took away a little bit, however to be expected the first time playing.

Commented on 06/07/2016

Thank you for the feedback, DJZee1! We have no doubt you'll be a pro at getting around here next time!

"Great day at Lake Spivey"

MarquisW's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/13/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Had a great day at the course on Lake Spivey. grounds were really well kept and the play moved quickly! Played on a Hot deal so I enjoyed even more for that price. Great Job at this course!

Commented on 06/07/2016

We're thrilled to hear that you had a great day with us! Don't hesitate to visit us again soon!