East at Blue Rock Springs Golf Course

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive near local attractions   Great for locals wildlife/ scenic views playing multiple courses   Challenges include elevation changes bunkers water hazards   Great for drinks brunch patio dining

"fun course!"

danfogle's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/18/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

plenty of elevation changes. it dares you to take on some hole. greens were a little bumpy. clubhouse could you a little upgrading, but a great course overall

"Nice Course To Play"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/16/2017

I have played this course once before and it is a nice course. The East Course is more challenging. This is a nice course for high handicappers as well as seasoned golfers. Not a hard course but there are a couple of holes where some course knowledge would help. Played with a friend and teamed up with another gentleman who plays the course 4 or 5 times a week, my course knowledge for the day. Fairways, greens were in very good shape, traps as with most courses could use some sand. Tee boxes could use some work. The one problem I have is the course allowing fivesomes out there, there were 2 that I saw. They were actually moving pretty good but not a good idea. Even though I have some gripes I still would recommend this course.

Response from Blue Rock Springs Golf Club on 10/19/2017:

Hello, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course, especially the conditions of the greens and fairways. We also appreciate your feedback about our bunkers, tee boxes and allowing fivesomes. We will escalate your feedback to the appropriate departments. Thank you for playing Blue Rock Springs Golf Club and we hope to see you again soon!

"Nice views"

Age:  Under 25

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/16/2017
Previously played Used cart

Good test. The two bunker's I was in had very little sand in them. Overall great course.

When I arrived at the course I showed the person behind the counter my online hot deal which included cart & that's what I paid for online. When he told me I was part of another group, I told him I put down I was playing as a single. He then told me he would have to charge me for another cart. My receipt from my online booking clearly stated cart included. The group didn't show up, so I played as a single like I indicated online. Maybe the counter person was new, because I've never had that problem in the past. Especially when your playing at 1:30 p.m. in the afternoon.

Response from Blue Rock Springs Golf Club on 10/19/2017:

Hello, thank you for the five-star review! We are glad you enjoyed our course and we appreciate your feedback about the bunkers and about of pro shop staff, we apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for playing Blue Rock Springs Golf Club and we hope to see you again soon!

"The Rock"

VernonG's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/08/2017

Great place to get a round in. Course layout works well for a round with the Wife.

Response from Blue Rock Springs Golf Club on 10/11/2017:

Hello VernonG, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course layout and playing conditions. Thank you for playing Blue Rock Springs Golf Club and we hope to see you again soon!

"Golf"

RobertH3's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/08/2017

Golf was great people there were very helpful my first time playing there and they helped me out with good advice and directions thank you would defently go again can’t wait to take my friends that haven’t played there before

Response from Blue Rock Springs Golf Club on 10/11/2017:

Hello RobertH3, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course, especially our layout and pace of play. Thank you for playing Blue Rock Springs Golf Club and we hope to see you again soon!

"Solid course"

mattbesant's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/08/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather

Despite the greens being aerated recently, the course was very nice and in good condition.

Response from Blue Rock Springs Golf Club on 10/10/2017:

Hello mattbesant, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and pace of play. Thank you for playing Blue Rock Springs Golf Club and we hope to see you again soon!

"No Control"

Ben6850446's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/30/2017

5 somes playing from blues can’t reach the par 3 drinking. Screaming drunk players. Slow play. Could be a good course bad management I guess

Response from Blue Rock Springs Golf Club on 10/03/2017:

Hello Ben6850446, thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We appreciate your feedback about our pace of play and other golfers. We have escalated your feedback to the appropriate departments. Thank you for playing Blue Rock Springs Golf Club and we hope to earn your business again.

"Hackers paradise!"

uYTBO9413YT's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/25/2017

Everything was good ,and fast carts are in good shape thanks Carl .

Response from Blue Rock Springs Golf Club on 09/28/2017:

Hello, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course layout and found our staff friendly. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you at Blue Rock Springs Golf Club again soon!

sharonandmilton's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/25/2017

Response from Blue Rock Springs Golf Club on 09/28/2017:

Hello sharonandmilton, thank you for the five-star review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our course. Thank you for playing Blue Rock Springs Golf Club and we hope to see you again soon!

KoreGrate13's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/22/2017

Response from Blue Rock Springs Golf Club on 09/26/2017:

Hello KoreGrate13, thank you for the five-star review! We are glad you enjoyed the course conditions on our West course! Thank you for playing Blue Rock Springs Golf Club and we can't wait to have you back!

"Slow play"

napajoe's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/21/2017

There was a fivesome in front of my group which slowed the play considerably.

Response from Blue Rock Springs Golf Club on 09/26/2017:

Hello napajoe, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our course. We are sorry to hear about the subpar pace of play due to the fivesome, we have passed your feedback to the appropriate departments. Thank you for playing Blue Rock Springs Golf Club and we hope to see you again soon!

"Great place to play golf!"

golfer1142's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/20/2017

Great views! Great layout.. nice greens .. friendly staff..Good pace of play!

Response from Blue Rock Springs Golf Club on 09/26/2017:

Heloo golfer1142, thank you for the five-star review! We are glad you enjoyed our views, course conditions, the pace of play and staff friendliness! Thank you for playing Blue Rock Springs Golf Club and we hope to see you again soon!

"Interesting course, service lacking"

Ryan4247566's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/18/2017

The East course has a great layout, lots of elevation change and beautiful views. The course was in relatively good condition, greens had just been aerated so I can't speak as to their typical condition. Wind is often a factor on many holes. Staff service was mixed, the pro shop staff was fairly rude and disinterested. My tee time had also been overbooked with maybe 4 parties starting simultainiously. The bar at the driving range had great service though.

Overall the experience was adequate, but nothing more. I might play again if it's particularly convenient for some reason, but I won't go out of my way. Fairfield has far better public options for the same price or cheaper at Rancho Solano and Paradise Valley.

Response from Blue Rock Springs Golf Club on 09/21/2017:

Hello Ryan4247566, thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are glad you enjoyed our East course and the service at the driving range bar. We are sorry to hear that our pro shop staff was not friendly to you, we appreciate your feedback and we have escalated it to the appropriate department. Thank you for your feedback and for playing Blue Rock Springs Golf Club.

"Love this course, particularly the EAST side..."

sweiss1340's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/17/2017

Always enjoy playing this course, particularly the East side, hope it doesn't have to go by the way of urban/suburban development...

Response from Blue Rock Springs Golf Club on 09/20/2017:

Hello sweiss1340, thank you for the five-star review! We are glad you enjoy playing our East course, especially because of the pace of play, course layout, and playing conditions. Thank you for your business and please come see us again at Blue Rock Springs Golf Club!

"Great Sunday 900am Round"

Ken1579081's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/17/2017

We had a foursome w/two women that drove avg 120yds from the tee. Started at our leisure with no one in front and barely anyone behind. We saw a twosome start after us... but they never caught up. Eventually a single caught up with us at the 6th hole and he played through. Pace of play was EXCELLENT. Back nine was quick as well. Course conditions were great. Greens were punched but not unplayable. Started at 900am and finished up at 115pm... not bad for a foursome w/two short hitters.

Response from Blue Rock Springs Golf Club on 09/20/2017:

Hello Ken1579081, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our pace of play and course conditions! Thank you for your business and we hope to see you at Blue Rock Springs Golf Club very soon.

u510199191's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/17/2017

Response from Blue Rock Springs Golf Club on 09/19/2017:

Hello, thank you for the four-star review! We are excited to hear that you enjoyed our course layout and conditions. Thank you for playing Blue Rock Springs Golf Club and we hope to see you again very soon!

"Five's a crowd"

Johan5927825's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/17/2017

Good course for team gatherings, I guess, since they allow fivesome's. I was initially paired with a couple that didn't show up on first tee on time. So, I tee'd of as a single, only to catch the two groups in front of me - being five persons in each group! I've never heard of anything like it. I can't enforce my way through, as a single, I appreciate that. Yet, the groups in front of me realized, of course, they where holding me up, so they let me play through. Thanks (at first)! Having five guys waiting for me on tee, and then the next group of five waiting for me on the next green, and then a couple of holes further: the next...and the next...I realized I was rushing through the front nine, with detrimental effect on my own game. Sure, I'm happy to be allowed to play through when there is a slower group ahead. Allowing fivesome's on the course - you're bound to get slow play. Why not sixsome's?

Response from Blue Rock Springs Golf Club on 09/21/2017:

Hello Johan5927825, thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We appreciate your feedback about the subpar pace of play and fivesomes, we have escalated your feedback to our professional staff. Thank you for making us aware of the situation and thank you for playing Blue Rock Springs Golf Club.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/17/2017

Response from Blue Rock Springs Golf Club on 09/19/2017:

Hello, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our pace of play and course layout. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you at Blue Rock Springs Golf Club again soon!

"Great Price, perfect day"

dwaynebreed's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/15/2017

had a great time yesterday at Blue Rock West , the greens were in the best shape ever! and I have played there plenty of times.

Response from Blue Rock Springs Golf Club on 09/19/2017:

Hello dwaynebreed, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the conditions of our greens! Thank you for the kind words and for playing Blue Rock Springs Golf Club!

"Blue rock west"

KoreGrate13's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/13/2017

Great course for the price! They must have had a change in management however: the snack bar seem very limited, and I did not appreciate the fivesome in front of me that did not let me play through, it seems there was no Marshal on duty...just ask before you book to make sure there's not a five some in front of you

Response from Blue Rock Springs Golf Club on 09/20/2017:

Hello KoreGrate13, thank you for the five-star review! We are glad you enjoyed our course but we are sorry to hear about the poor pace of play caused by the fivesome. We will escalate your pace of play and snack bar feedback to the appropriate departments. Thank you for playing Blue Rock Springs Golf Club and we hope to see you again soon!